Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2015, 04:09 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
why are people in such denial over Barry and Iris being the otp? Why do fandoms keep doing this to themselves only to be inevitably proven wrong.

It's kind of sad and pathetic to think that everything in Barry's life is about Iris.

"์•„ ์•„๊นŒ๋Š” ๋ชป ๋ฐ›์•„์„œ ๋ฏธ์•ˆํ•ด
์นœ๊ตฌ๋ฅผ ๋งŒ๋‚˜๋Š๋ผ
shy shy shy
Old 04-03-2015, 04:48 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maud&Danny (View Post)
Never say never. She might marry Ronnie but poor guy is either dead or dissapearing again after the wedding. What's interesting is that Grant retweeted someone pointing out that Barry was barely smiling in the wedding pics. My guess? He knows something bad is coming for Ronnie. It has nothing to do with Iris.

Most Snowbarry fans are aware that they're not endgame. But I wish people would stop saying it won't happen. Iris and Barry are not getting together anytime soon and I'm fully expecting Barry to have others love interests.
I would love for Barry to have other love interests right now but the writers seem to think having him in love with and unable to move on from a woman living with another man is an epic love story. They had a chance to have him date another woman for a while but they just brought her in to get Iris jealous in time for their "lightning rod" storyline and promptly discarded her when she was no longer needed.

It would be great for Sadface!Barry to have nothing to do with Iris/Eddie but we know what show we're watching. As for Ronnie, there are many things we don't know since they are having an impromptu wedding. Maybe he has to go somewhere. Who knows?

As for SnowBarry ever happening, sure, anything is possible but right now, the chances are low. If Ronnie dies, I doubt the next thing would be for Caitlin and Barry to start dating. If Barry has another love interest in Season 2, it might be someone like Patty Spivot and not Caitlin. As for seasons down the road, my guess is that Caitlin will be Killer Frost by then and I don't know how likely a relationship between the Flash and her will be.

By the way, my comment about "low chance" is based on what we've seen this season so far. Who knows what storyline they will be telling in future seasons?
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 04-03-2015, 05:04 AM
Addicted Fan

Barry's romantic life is only interesting to me with Iris. If he were to just magically get over her and seriously date another girl it would be OOC and ruin Barry/WA. In an alt timeline a few seasons from now, fine, but not in season one. Oliver's flings in s1-2 were boring as **** to me, so I'm glad I'm spared with Barry.

Besides, the new girl would take over Iris' role on the show, which means erasing my bb Candice, and I'd just peace out.

Last edited by ParsD; 04-03-2015 at 05:17 AM
Old 04-03-2015, 06:06 AM
Supreme Fan

About the wedding pictures I fear something bad is going to happen, Barry knows/senses it and that's the main reason of his upset expression. I don't think it has much to do with Iris/Eddie even if in one of the pics he is looking at them.
When did Danielle say Caitlin was going to have everything she wanted to get it ripped away from her? If it was before episode 14 she may have referred to Ronnie leaving. I'm sorry but I'm a bit confused about all the spoilers...I don't want Ronnie to die but they could come full circle with what happened in the first episodes, when everyone thought he was dead to be proven wrong in the midseason finale.

About Barry's pining, it's not something that bothers me but I'm not that interested in it either, I would like to see something more from Iris actually. And didn't the EPs say that after episode 15 Barry was going to feel more sure of himself or I've been imagining things?

Even if I'm against romantic SB I'm not so sure it'll never happen, they've dropped hints since the pilot so it won't be a relationship that comes completely out of the blue. The problem is SB could have just been their back up plan in case the fans and the critics didn't like WA; the writers could have used the same formula that worked on Arrow, with a romance between the hero and the girl on his team. Personally I watch the show because of the plot AND because of WA, so if they completely drop WA like they did with O/L on Arrow to make SB, Barry/Linda or Barry/any other girl the OTP of the show I'm out, but that's just me

Last edited by FireQueen; 04-03-2015 at 06:53 AM
Old 04-03-2015, 06:20 AM
Absolute Fan

[QUOTE=Maud&Danny;80899369]Not everything in Barry's world revolve around Iris.
QUOTE]

sorry but eeeh???

ETA: Not necessary. -- Nikki

R.I.P Nelsan Ellis.. "Being different gives the world color"

Last edited by Leelala; 04-03-2015 at 06:59 AM
Old 04-03-2015, 06:21 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaijaChiqa (View Post)
I would love for Barry to have other love interests right now but the writers seem to think having him in love with and unable to move on from a woman living with another man is an epic love story. They had a chance to have him date another woman for a while but they just brought her in to get Iris jealous in time for their "lightning rod" storyline and promptly discarded her when she was no longer needed.
Yep. When the show began, after a first couple of episodes, the thing that I said to some people was that Iris has the potential of becoming the Lana of The Flash. Lana turned Clark into a pathetic whiny bitch who he couldn't get over for 5-6 seasons. It was a huge turn off from Smallville. Now it seems this show is doing kind of the same thing. The unrequited pining, the patheticness of Barry, etc. They should really either have other love interests for him for a while or make him less about Iris not loving him.
It seems this might just become a signature of these EPs. Every show of theirs needs to have that one character that annoys to no end, who I'd rather not see onscreen. Laurel in Arrow for me and Iris on The Flash. Although Iris is much more bearable to me since Candice is WAAAAY more likeable than KC. lol!

And speaking of denial I know the frustration. Been there with the OL fans still thinking that's even a ship on Arrow anymore.
Old 04-03-2015, 06:26 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParsD (View Post)
Barry's romantic life is only interesting to me with Iris. If he were to just magically get over her and seriously date another girl it would be OOC and ruin Barry/WA. In an alt timeline a few seasons from now, fine, but not in season one. Oliver's flings in s1-2 were boring as **** to me, so I'm glad I'm spared with Barry.

Besides, the new girl would take over Iris' role on the show, which means erasing my bb Candice, and I'd just peace out.
For me, the girl isn't the issue here - the writing is. I personally think the current WA is nonsensical so I don't think Barry dating someone else could make it any worse for me. He can have a relationship like Oliver did with McKenna which really didn't take much from the story.

Regardless of who Barry does or does not date, Iris will still be the primary love interest. But having another love interest means I don't have to watch the dynamic that they've brought back for a while. I personally would find this a better way to stall their OTP.
The Lord is my shepherd.

Last edited by Chiqa; 04-03-2015 at 06:42 AM
Old 04-03-2015, 06:28 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maud&Danny;80900168//www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=788540killmenow.gif
[IMG]http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/788540killmenow.gif
It's kind of sad and pathetic to think that everything in Barry's life is about Iris.

funny that if anything was involving GG/DP you'd be all over itโ€ฆ even though it makes no sense

Quote:
why are people in such denial over Barry and Iris being the otp? Why do fandoms keep doing this to themselves only to be inevitably proven wrong.

Last edited by Leelala; 04-03-2015 at 06:35 AM
Old 04-03-2015, 06:32 AM
Master Fan

LeeLa I think your Kevin Hart gif has to get edited out

Quote:
Oh pls, I never denied this. Shipping is the last thing on my mind when I even watch the show, so I'm not putting them down in favor of another one, I'm just saying, despite what we see right now, what's "meant to be" could always change in a year or two, regardless of what writers are saying right now. After watching arrow I wouldn't doubt anything.
Old 04-03-2015, 06:54 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaijaChiqa (View Post)
For me, the girl isn't the issue here - the writing is. I personally think the current WA is nonsensical so I don't think Barry dating someone else could make it any worse for me. He can have a relationship like Oliver did with McKenna which really didn't take much from the story.

Regardless of who Barry does or does not date, Iris will still be the primary love interest. But having another love interest means I don't have to watch the dynamic that they've brought back.
Just because Barry doesn't have access to Iris' body right now, he has to get another girl and have a pointless relationship meanwhile? Why? To bore us? That's screentime wasted when they could be building up characters and relationship that have larger arcs in the series.

And male protags are more interesting imo without constantly having women hanging on their arm (ie. Klaus Mikaelson and Walter White).

Also how is WA nonsensical?
Old 04-03-2015, 07:01 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Elsa (View Post)
LeeLa I think your Kevin Hart gif has to get edited out
i gotchu!!!

Old 04-03-2015, 07:03 AM
Addicted Fan

Leelala - perfect gif choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Elsa (View Post)
Oh pls, I never denied this. Shipping is the last thing on my mind when I even watch the show, so I'm not putting them down in favor of another one, I'm just saying, despite what we see right now, what's "meant to be" could always change in a year or two, regardless of what writers are saying right now. After watching arrow I wouldn't doubt anything.
Usually I'd agree with you, but Iris/Barry's relationship is integral to their comic destiny and she's the central person that connects all the Flashes. Romance isn't so much the issue here as her being the anchor that ties their family through space-time.

It's not really comparable to Oli/Canary who are a shaky couple at best and always on/off.
Old 04-03-2015, 07:09 AM
Absolute Fan

WestAllen are solid!!! rain, hail or shine.. nuff said

Old 04-03-2015, 07:11 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParsD (View Post)
Leelala - perfect gif choices

Usually I'd agree with you, but Iris/Barry's relationship is integral to their comic destiny and she's the central person that connects all the Flashes. Romance isn't so much the issue here as her being the anchor that ties their family through space-time.

It's not really comparable to Oli/Canary who are a shaky couple at best and always on/off.
Lol Kevin Hart FTW.

See I don't know much about the comics but I always assume that the shows will just do their own thing while loosely following them when they want to. I didn't even know she was an anchor since the season hasn't given me that impression so far, I'm sure that can change for me though.
Old 04-03-2015, 07:12 AM
Addicted Fan

Yep.

It won't even be that long since their bamf grandson comes rolling in.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread