Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2015, 03:21 AM
Ultimate Fan

That is the thing with them, I think Skye shooting Ward has now opened his idea's and he will now redeem himself for himself. If he can do that, and he grows and redeems himself for him and wants to be a better person for himself, and Skye has found herself, and they slowly build a new relationship with trust and honesty, then why shouldn't they get a chance together? Skye deserves way better but Ward can most probably be way better. Marvel is about redemptions and second chances. They have both made mistakes, him more than her. But they formed something together in season one and I don't think it was all built on lies. There was a foundation there.

Also, Ward seems to have let up on the 'be dark together' thing. The show has said that Skyeward is something that will never go away and I think they are going to rebuild them in a much healthier way. I hope they do it. It will be great to see how they deal with that.
Old 03-12-2015, 06:33 AM
Passionate Fan

For me, Ward and Skye's father are two people that are gray characters that I enjoy. I totally get what drove Skye's dad to what he is now and Ward too. I feel that Ward experienced a lot of firsts with the team in terms of being a friend and just being around good people in general. I think he wants to find common ground like that again. So if he changes, it doesn't need to be for Skye. I also feel like Ward doesn't necessarily want Skye to go dark, but he's known that a change was coming her way and it'd be hard for her. Skye's world has completely change right now. I think she will stay the same at her core, but things will get worse before they get better. I think Ward could be someone that reminds her who she is and to hold on to that. Basically, this is comic book land here so I'm open to the complexity of all the characters and relationships.

Love was here. It made me complete, happy. How could I easily let it go?

my LJ - Icon credit is Luv!
Old 03-12-2015, 06:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't know if I'm going to watch this.
Old 03-12-2015, 07:47 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Any scoop on Strike Back, Grey’s Anatomy or Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.? –Alamin

I choose Door No. 3, and in turn tease that Drea de Matteo’s “gifted” baddie when we first meet her on Tuesday is a bit more “Edward Scissorhands” than the new promo suggests; Jemma and Bobbi bond some over the “comes with the job” aspect of colleagues lying to each other; and May’s ex (played by Blair Underwood) gives her some guff when they reunite, stemming from an unreturned phone call.
‘Castle’ Season 7 Spoilers — ‘Haven’ ‘Bones’ ‘Teen Wolf’ | TVLine
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 03-18-2015, 02:41 AM
Elite Fan

So I'm a little confused, what is this "the real SHIELD" stuff Bobbi and Mack are involved in? A separate offshoot of the original SHIELD that doesn't think Coulson should be in charge? And how could Bobbi and Mack pretend to be on Coulson's team and yet be planning to overthrow him or worse? (I didn't like the way someone said "let's do something about it" after Hunter said "you don't want Coulson in charge? " in the promo. Makes me wonder how far they will go to get Coulson out of power. How do you lie and actively deceive people who think you are their friend like that? People who have already experienced so much betrayal. I'm angry at Mack and Bobbi for doing ths knowing what Coulson and his team have been through and are going through. I hope Hunter chooses Coulson's team. I don't get how Bobbi and Hunter can be regular characters, which they are now, if they are going to go against Coulson and be more antagonist than protagonist.

Excited to Ward again finally next week. He's a mess of a character but I kind of missed him.
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/

Last edited by IBelieveInMiracles; 03-23-2015 at 08:07 PM
Old 03-18-2015, 04:28 AM
Ultimate Fan

I have missed him too. The promo looks really good.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:35 AM
Passionate Fan

Ditto on missing Ward! Can't wait to see him again.

Love was here. It made me complete, happy. How could I easily let it go?

my LJ - Icon credit is Luv!
Old 03-23-2015, 07:54 PM
Elite Fan

Agents of SHIELD - Season 2 - Recent BTS photos | Spoilers
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 03-23-2015, 09:17 PM
Extreme Fan

Thank god Ward is back!!! I missed him so much

I looooove Skye's father as well...I think the character is really interesting and the actor potrays him fantastically

Maybe we could be the start of something
Old 03-24-2015, 11:32 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by annad13 (View Post)
Thank god Ward is back!!! I missed him so much

I looooove Skye's father as well...I think the character is really interesting and the actor potrays him fantastically

Oh . . . golly! How wonderful! Not.

I see it all at once. I remember something that Ward had said earlier in the season when he told Coulson that the latter need to get rid of the new agents and bring him back on team. And with the creation of this new SHIELD, Mutant Enemy is giving Ward an easy way back on Coulson's team. They're also using Skye's new powers and her increasing alienation as a future excuses for Ward to get back into Skye's good graces. God, I hope I'm wrong. But I fear otherwise.

Even worse, Mutant Enemy will use Ward's reappearance as another excuse to pretend that Brett Dalton is the next James Marsters. Now, that idea is something I can really laugh about.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 03-24-2015, 01:10 PM
Ultimate Fan

I'm thankful that Brett is not the new James Marsters.

Thank goodness he returns because I have missed him.
Old 03-24-2015, 01:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think Ward is an interesting character, as long as they never ever try to go the SkyeWard route ever again and as long as they don't ever try to redeem him fully. Flesh him out, make him a bit more grey, that's fine with me. Try to put him with the girl he threatened to rape and sell me on that as a romance? Try to put him back in the good graces of the team/group he murdered a bunch of? Hell no.
Old 03-24-2015, 01:24 PM
Ultimate Fan

When did he threaten to rape her? I have only heard that a few times online but none of the cast or characters have ever acknowledged that. It was said that Ward had wanted to be monsters with her and wake up a darkness in here that led on from his conversation with Raina. I can't believe that some got rape from that. If it was I think Skye would have thrown that one out too along with murderer and liar and all the other things. I think that line is a matter of interpretation because like everything else it's complex but I do think if it was meant for something like rape it would have been mentioned by someone in the cast or the crew or characters. It makes sense that it came from the conversation that Skye could be dark too and that is what Ward wanted to waken. It's not any better and he was awful for thinking it but I don't think it was intended as a rape threat.

Last edited by Mistified; 03-24-2015 at 01:32 PM
Old 03-24-2015, 04:35 PM
Elite Fan

^Yeah, I agree, Ward has obviously done some horrible things, but I don't recall him ever threatening to rape Skye. I would not overlook something like that if it were true, but I don't think that something like that was ever implied.

I really want the show to address what Garret truly did to Ward. He brainwashed him. I'm not saying it excuses his behavior but Garrett took a vulnerable, hurting kid and screwed with his head and manipulated him. Kind of like cult leaders do with their members. It doesn't absolve Ward of any guilt but it explains a lot and I really wish the show would acknowledge that a big part of Ward being like he is, is because of Garrett's manipulation and whatnot. Ward might not have become this killer and manipulator if he had never met Garrett. But it's probably just wishful thinking that they will ever address that.
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/
Old 03-24-2015, 07:04 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistified (View Post)
When did he threaten to rape her? I have only heard that a few times online but none of the cast or characters have ever acknowledged that. It was said that Ward had wanted to be monsters with her and wake up a darkness in here that led on from his conversation with Raina. I can't believe that some got rape from that. If it was I think Skye would have thrown that one out too along with murderer and liar and all the other things. I think that line is a matter of interpretation because like everything else it's complex but I do think if it was meant for something like rape it would have been mentioned by someone in the cast or the crew or characters. It makes sense that it came from the conversation that Skye could be dark too and that is what Ward wanted to waken. It's not any better and he was awful for thinking it but I don't think it was intended as a rape threat.

He threatened to rape Skye in the Season One finale, when he was trying to snatch her on Garrett's behalf:

"You woke up a weakness inside me. And for the first time in a while, I wanted something for myself. Maybe I'll just take what I want ... wake up something inside of you."

"Take what I want?" Hmmm . . . sounds like a rape threat to me.

Quote:
I really want the show to address what Garret truly did to Ward. He brainwashed him.

What Garrett did was train Ward, with the latter's consent. That's all. And Ward's training was similar to what U.S. Marines endured in boot camp. Or what martial artists like Jackie Chan and Sammo Hung went through when they were being trained at the China Drama Academy.

Quote:
Ward might not have become this killer and manipulator if he had never met Garrett. But it's probably just wishful thinking that they will ever address that.
Ward had already tried to murder his family once before Garrett ever set eyes upon him.

The ironic thing is that my dislike of Ward had nothing to do with his crimes. I disliked him since the very first episode. Someone once said that when the show hinted the possibility that Melinda May might be the HYDRA mole, he was very upset about it. But when Ward proved to be the mole, he realized he couldn't care less. That's how I had felt. And I still feel the same way about him.

The problem now is . . . I almost couldn't give a damn about the other characters as well. Mutant Enemy and Marvel need to do something about this show. Improve the writing or something. But I'm in serious danger of not giving a damn about it.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.

Last edited by DR76; 03-24-2015 at 07:14 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread