Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2015, 07:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yep, that line about "taking what I want" is pretty obviously an illusion to raping her, since what he wanted was her and he was just gonna take what he wanted regardless of if she wanted it or gave her consent. Disgusting.

Also, they HAVE addressed what Garrett did. Plenty of times. Ward has said over and over again that he was fully aware of his actions and did everything of his own accord. One of the few decent things Ward has ever done has been not blaming his actions on Garrett, so to see his fans constantly try to do it is annoying.
Old 03-24-2015, 09:28 PM
Elite Fan

^Yeah still think that's reading way too much into that line. Yes he wanted her no matter what but that does necessarily equal he was going to rape her. Refusing to believe someone doesn't want you back and actually raping them or even thinking about raping them are different things. I just don't think that is how the writers meant for us to take that line is all. And I'm not trying to blame all of Ward's actions on Garrett, obviously he is responsible for his own actions. I just meant it's not as simple as he just up and decided to be a killer one day. It's more complicated than just he's evil. But I'm not trying to absolve him of any of the horrible things he did. I hate that they turned him dark but I'm not desperately trying to find ways to take the blame off him for his crap. He's definitely responsible. But Garrett definitely screwed with his head, there is nothing normal about what Garrett did. He found someone he could twist and use for his own purposes. Again doesn't absolve Ward of anything but between Garrett and Ward's effed up childhood (some of which is still unclear to me, was he really trying to kill his family with that fire he set? He couldn't even bring himself to kill that dog during the crazy training thing Garrett put him through, that makes me like at that point in time he wasn't in the frame of mind to kill anyone, he was just troubled), it's just not as simple as he's psycho, it's more complicated than that. He's just not your regular straightforward bad guy is what I'm saying.

Is Luke's first episode next week?
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/

Last edited by IBelieveInMiracles; 03-24-2015 at 09:44 PM
Old 03-25-2015, 03:10 AM
Ultimate Fan

I don't think it's obvious and it seems to be just a fews interpretation. I guess I understood the complexity behind it and what they were saying from the lead in with Ward's and Raina's conversation about skye having darkness within her. Also, if he really wanted Skye that much and to have power over her didn't he have the perfect chance to with Kara yet he pulled back? I just don't understand how people come to that assumption, I don't think any reviewer, cast member, producer or character ever referred it to that.
Old 03-25-2015, 03:37 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Yeah still think that's reading way too much into that line. Yes he wanted her no matter what but that does necessarily equal he was going to rape her.

Oh boy! Whatever. I keep forgetting that we're supposed to view Grant Ward as this "special" character.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 03-25-2015, 05:23 PM
Elite Fan

^Not to be rude, but did you read the rest of my post or just seize on that line? I'm not trying to absolve Ward of the horrible things he's done, pretend it's not his fault, or excuse his bad behavior. I just really don't think that line was meant to be taken as he was going to rape her. It wasn't an okay thing to say by any stretch of the imagination, but I just don't think it was meant to be taken to a sexual place is all. But I'm not denying Ward has done a lot of psycho things because he has. Just because I think the situation is complex doesn't mean I think anything he has done is okay or even excusable.
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/
Old 03-26-2015, 11:22 AM
Total Fan

Is it sad that I'm still hoping for Ward and Skye? :-(
Old 03-26-2015, 03:48 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)
Oh boy! Whatever. I keep forgetting that we're supposed to view Grant Ward as this "special" character.
There was no one other than you mentioning him being special. Did you read the rest of the post? The guys a mess and although I enjoy him, because shock, there are people that enjoy all the characters are find them interesting, I, and others can call out his mistakes. I just don't believe that line was anything to do with rape because it's never been mentioned anywhere other than a few comments by fans at times.
Old 03-30-2015, 07:08 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
On Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., I was a little puzzled how May in the episode “One of Us” told Andrew they would not send Skye away, then in “Love in a Time of Hydra” she told Coulson she agreed with her ex. My question is: Do we see more development in her relationship with Skye that she considers Skye family? –Stephanie

Any concerns you might have about May’s faith in Skye should be alleviated this Tuesday, when amidst utter chaos, May makes it a priority to do whatever she can to (hopefully) save Skye from certain doom. All in all, the next episode is quite excellent, offering a fascinating series of flashbacks to when S.H.I.E.L.D. fell circa Captain America 2, thus allowing us to really see Lucy Lawless’ Isabelle Hartley (and her knife) in action. Meanwhile, in the present timeline, you’ll get the knock-down, drag-out agent-on-agent fight you perhaps never knew you wanted.
Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on Scorpion, S.H.I.E.L.D., Arrow, Justified, Bates, Once, Laura, iZombie and More | TVLine
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 04-07-2015, 07:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Mara: I need anything you've got on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.!

Tonight's episode is one of our favorites of the season…for many different reasons. Luke Mitchell finally makes his grand debut as Lincoln, an Inhuman who's going to make quite the impression on Skye. "Lincoln is definitely one of the characters who helps Skye adjust with her powers, being an Inhuman himself," Chloe Bennet says. "He helps Skye adjust to her new powers in a way that makes her more comfortable with them." Mitchell adds: "He's reasonably confident in his own abilities. He's quite knowledgeable and very enthusiastic about the whole Inhuman thing." BONUS SCOOP: expect sparks to fly between Skye and Lincoln. "And they might kind of like each other maybe at some point," Bennet says. "I think fans are really going to like him on the show and really ship our relationship. They're already shipping it and they haven't seen anything which is kind of amazing. It's gone up in flames on Twitter."
Spoiler Chat: Scoop on Outlander, Game of Thrones, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., New Girl and More! | E! Online
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 04-07-2015, 10:46 PM
Elite Fan

Loved Luke in tonight's episode. He's still awesome. And I have to say I wouldn't be against some Skye/Lincoln togetherness, lol. He was so sweet to her and that scene where he levitated her with this electricity was adorable. I can't wait to see more of him. Especially with her. Also Skye's mom is alive?! So she's just completely invincible then? Like she survived being dissected and dismembered by Whitehall somehow? Or what is going on here with her exactly? I'm a little confused.
Old 04-07-2015, 10:47 PM
Extreme Fan

What has this show become? What happened to the series that I grew to like very much during its first season? Ever since Season Two began, my anger and frustration toward "AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D." has been growing steadily. Not even Deathlok's return has resolved my feelings. Now, they're bringing back Ward? That douche-bag loser? Why don't they just kill him off and be done with it? And this whole SHIELD vs. SHIELD thing? If Mutant Enemy is trying to recapture the whole SHIELD/HYDRA war outbreak, it's not working. I don't view Phil Coulson as the epitome of SHIELD. And this whole rivalry between him and Gonzales strikes me as infantile, at best. Frankly, I find his growing smug attitude and self-righteousness rather annoying. As for Lance/Nick Hunter/Blood . . . or whatever he is . . . God, I wish they would get rid of him. Fast.

I wish my family had enough money to have enough rooms for two television sets. Then I wouldn't be forced to watch this show.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 04-08-2015, 11:40 AM
Ultimate Fan

Coulson turns to Ward for help. That should be interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing them integrate Ward back with the team.
Old 04-08-2015, 12:01 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistified (View Post)
Coulson turns to Ward for help. That should be interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing them integrate Ward back with the team.

Thank you for ruining my mood even further. The idea of Grant Ward - the Great Uber Male - being easily being reintegrated back into the team makes me sick to my stomach. It's bad enough that Mike Petersen, who has every reason to dislike Ward, failed to react to Coulson's suggestion. I guess it was important to Mutant Enemy for Mike to blindly accept everything that Coulson suggests. I guess Rodrigues will be punished for failing to blindly accept Coulson's authority. This show sickens me.
Old 04-08-2015, 12:10 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)
Thank you for ruining my mood even further. The idea of Grant Ward - the Great Uber Male - being easily being reintegrated back into the team makes me sick to my stomach. It's bad enough that Mike Petersen, who has every reason to dislike Ward, failed to react to Coulson's suggestion. I guess it was important to Mutant Enemy for Mike to blindly accept everything that Coulson suggests. I guess Rodrigues will be punished for failing to blindly accept Coulson's authority. This show sickens me.
I don't know why people being excited for a character to come back is sickening to you. If the show and people sicken you so much then maybe you shouldn't watch it? No show should make you feel that sick. I shouldn't have to not post about things I look forward too because it may dampen your mood. There are people that love most of the show, and look forward to everything. That is allowed. Why is hard to understand that some love every aspect of a show and find it entertaining?
Old 04-08-2015, 07:18 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Agents of SHIELD - Episode 2.19 - The Dirty Half Dozen
Upcoming Episode Titles - Various Shows - 8th April 2015 | Spoilers
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Closed Thread   Post New Thread