Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2005, 09:22 PM
Passionate Fan

Hirumi kicks ass! She might even replace Takahashi as best female manga artist...

[Harry/Hermione] [Yuki/Tohru] [Ranma/Akane] [Ron/Luna] [Riza/Roy] [Max/Liz] [Miaka/Tamahome]
Old 05-04-2005, 03:29 AM
Obsessed Fan

I avoid Naruto cause there's too much of it. I'd loose interest to quickly.

It's a sad when fansubs get better ratings than the official DVD subs.

The movie trailer is AWESOME. And I've seen a few articles about the movie. As far as I can tell, it's what we all expect. You-Know-Who is trying to get home.

I can *see* Roy/Riza, but it doesn't interest me. As for Roy/Ed? I think it's the whole love-hate option.
Old 05-04-2005, 06:30 AM
Passionate Fan

I avoid Naruto because I hear it has the Dragonball complex.

The trailer didn't really impress me much. Maybe because I saw one that was thirty seconds, and was like: "What? What was that?" Why is the other You-Know-Who back to his original state!? I mean, the one he spent most of the series in!? (I'm such a Harry Potter fan, when I first saw your "You-Know-Who" I thought: "Voldemort? What?" )

Meh, whatever on couples. That's the fun of anime--you get to choose! God knows most of the characters never do...

[Harry/Hermione] [Yuki/Tohru] [Ranma/Akane] [Ron/Luna] [Riza/Roy] [Max/Liz] [Miaka/Tamahome]
Old 05-05-2005, 04:18 AM
Obsessed Fan

Really? I thought it looked good. And it's we'll be getting for a while, since the fansubbed version probably won't be up until... Christmas.

I love anime's with big casts... I can mix and match!!
Old 05-05-2005, 02:10 PM
Loyal Fan

I say don't knock something until you've tried it. Well that's what you HAVE to do with anime. Normally, I give an anime 4-5 episodes before I decide to continue or drop it. Sometimes it takes the show a while to build up things and the REAL conflicts don't start up until then. Like in RahXephon had I not started on episode 4 I might've not watched it and missed out on what a great show it was. I heard that Kannon took 9 episodes to get extremely awesome. In Naruto, I HATED the first episode and loved the rest of them, until a certain point, but I'm just saying.

As for couples, the possibilities are always endless.
Old 05-06-2005, 04:25 AM
Master Fan

I just got through watching the first 4 eps of DN Angel and I'm hooked. I love the characters.

I was going to watch Noir, but the first ep had expired on AOD so I'll have to rent the DVD for that one.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:12 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by onionroach
I just got through watching the first 4 eps of DN Angel and I'm hooked. I love the characters.
I'm glad that you like it. I love that show so much. If you read manga, then I would totally recommend that also. Sometimes I can't wait for the anime and just jump to read the manga. Then I end up finishing the series. lol
Old 05-06-2005, 01:12 PM
Obsessed Fan

D N Angel, huh? Hmm.... *adds to download list*
Old 05-06-2005, 02:13 PM
Loyal Fan

OMG YOU GUYS!!! I just saw the BEST anime that has come in like years. NO KIDDING!!! It's called SPEED GRAPHER.

It's by GONZO, and it's soooooooo good, I can't believe I didn't watch this earlier. It's only up epiosde 5 and up to episode 3 has been fansubbed. Oh man I hope this gets licensed. I'm so going to buy the DVD for it.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:37 PM
Obsessed Fan

Anyone have a good yaoi or shonen-ai anime for rec?
Old 05-06-2005, 09:27 PM
Loyal Fan

I recommended 3 earlier. Those are the only ones really out now unless you've already checked out Kyou Kara Maou.
Old 05-07-2005, 04:19 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Kat*~
Anyone have a good yaoi or shonen-ai anime for rec?
Does Descendents of Darkness fit that category? It definately alludes to m/m relationships. I love that anime.

Jiberty Maniac, I will definately have to read the mangas.

Does anyone know where I can buy used mangas or mangas for discounted prices? $10 a pop gets to be really, really expensive.
Old 05-07-2005, 06:21 AM
Obsessed Fan

Um... Ebay? The used section at Amazon? I dunno... But if you find a really good one, let me know.
Old 05-07-2005, 06:21 AM
Obsessed Fan

Oops... Double post. Sorry.
Old 05-07-2005, 08:21 PM
Extreme Fan

I agree that we sometimes have to give a show a chance to warm up. Hana Yori Dango (Boys Over Flowers) is boring and uninteresting (at least for me it was) until at least the 15th episode. I kept watching, because I knew that eventually something big would happen, and pretty soon I fell in love, even though sometimes I wanted to slap Makino, and the animation is still ugly.

There were a couple shows I gave up on after viewing one tiny episode, only to fall in love with them later, when I gave them another chance. Funny stuff.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread