Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2005, 10:21 PM
Obsessed Fan

Fruits Basket? Dude, I have the fansubs on my computer and the DVD's on my shelf. It's been out for a while.
Old 05-01-2005, 10:34 PM
Extreme Fan

It was cute how everyone loved Tohru so much. Kyo was the angry one, right? He was hilarious around her. Fruits Basket seems to be very popular in America right now...

onionroach, have you watched Noir with him? As always, I highly recommend it, if not. heheh!
Old 05-02-2005, 12:34 AM
Loyal Fan

I loved Fruits basket, but I just wanted her to get with Kyo already. I am SO not a fan of Tohru and Yuki. I disliked Yuki, he creeped me out.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:25 AM
Passionate Fan

It's already out!? I can't find it anywhere! Sheesh...I'll have to look when I get back to Chicago...

I've only read the manga, so I rather liked Yuki and Tohru. Kyo and Tohru were cute as well, but I loved how Yuki reacted to Tohru--he opened up a lot more, and treated her wtih utmost respect. I dunno...I just like the two of them more than Kyo and Tohru...

I've heard Noir is kind of boring...But the person I heard it from hasn't seen the whole series...

Anyone seen Ghost in the Shell?

[Harry/Hermione] [Yuki/Tohru] [Ranma/Akane] [Ron/Luna] [Riza/Roy] [Max/Liz] [Miaka/Tamahome]
Old 05-02-2005, 12:09 PM
Loyal Fan

Well Kyo was a different type of guy. I mean he grew up in the mountains and never really had much contact with people, let alone the opposite sex. So anything you see from Kyou was PURE feelings and emotions from him. Kyou is still learning as opposed to Yuki who is more refined and more of the smooth operator.

Sometimes though, Kyo and Yuki's rivalry was bordering that of being mad catty. Haha...catty.
Old 05-02-2005, 01:12 PM
Master Fan

I didn't like how the DVDs of Fruits Basket ended. But I'm enjoying the manga. I really don't ship anyone, I kind of like all the characters and all the possibilites.

free, the hub has been badgering me about it. He says I'd enjoy it. I might catch up on them this week while he's out of town.
Old 05-02-2005, 01:20 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiberty Maniac
Well Kyo was a different type of guy. I mean he grew up in the mountains and never really had much contact with people, let alone the opposite sex. So anything you see from Kyou was PURE feelings and emotions from him. Kyou is still learning as opposed to Yuki who is more refined and more of the smooth operator.
...It was my understanding that Kyo was raised at the main house until he was about six or seven, and then moved in with his Shishou. And spent four months in the mountains, training to get better than Yuki. I'm probably wrong, but that's what I got from the manga. *shrug* Hopefully I'll be seeing the anime soon.

Maybe I just sympathize with Yuki...I used to be painfully introverted, just like he is. I hated myself for years. Yuki is in the process of beginning to like himself, and Tohru brings that out in him. The same thing happened to me in high school (with a few different circumstances, but the same, nonetheless) so I just relate better to Yuki. Thus, I love Yuki/Tohru. But Kyo/Tohru makes me smile as well.

[Harry/Hermione] [Yuki/Tohru] [Ranma/Akane] [Ron/Luna] [Riza/Roy] [Max/Liz] [Miaka/Tamahome]
Old 05-02-2005, 02:14 PM
Obsessed Fan

Actually Jill, you're dead on. So don't fret.

I like pretty much everyone with everyone (although my main ship is Kyo/Tohru). Yuki kinda freaked me out, and I never really recovered from that.

ETA: Is anyone here good with making manips? I just need some words added onto a few things, so I can print them out and have them made into buttons. I'm in the mood to display my ships. Lemme know in a PM, or contact me over AIM or Yahoo with the ID of emeraldkatseye. Merci!!

Last edited by ~*Kat*~; 05-02-2005 at 03:57 PM
Old 05-02-2005, 04:02 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Kat*~
Actually Jill, you're dead on. So don't fret.

I like pretty much everyone with everyone (although my main ship is Kyo/Tohru). Yuki kinda freaked me out, and I never really recovered from that.

ETA: Is anyone here good with making manips? I just need some words added onto a few things, so I can print them out and have them made into buttons. I'm in the mood to display my ships. Lemme know in a PM, or contact me over AIM or Yahoo with the ID of emeraldkatseye. Merci!!
Whew...thanks for that.

I wish I knew how to photoshop...gomen.

Yuki freaked me out at first, and then I realized that I had a lot in common with him. Hmmm...that might not be a good thing, huh?

ETA--I like your shiny new avatar.

Old 05-02-2005, 06:48 PM
Obsessed Fan

You turn into a rat whenever you're hugged and have stringy purple-grey hair? Wow, that is a lot in common.

I'm such a whore for Ed/Roy. It's my Full Metal Obsession.
Old 05-02-2005, 08:38 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Kat*~
You turn into a rat whenever you're hugged and have stringy purple-grey hair? Wow, that is a lot in common.

I'm such a whore for Ed/Roy. It's my Full Metal Obsession.
I don't have stringy purple hair! And uh, the rat thing...

See, I never got the Roy/Ed thing. I mean, I see what everyone is obssessing over, but the bickering never really struck me as romantic. I just thought Roy was antagonizing Ed 'cause he needed it. I loved Roy's womanizing, though. Episode 37 was my favorite! It reminded me a bit of Excel Saga...poor Havoc. I loved Roy/Riza, though. Especially at the end there...

Falman, Breda and Fuery, though...Breda and Armstrong totally had something going on in the end there...

Old 05-03-2005, 12:00 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orber123
I've heard Noir is kind of boring...But the person I heard it from hasn't seen the whole series...
Maybe because it's kinda slow-paced in the beginning. There's lots of complicated, deep (fascinating!!!) stuff to digest. Still has lots of action, though.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:20 AM
Obsessed Fan

See, my friend was telling me about the series, and the characters, and I figured I'd end up going for Roy/Riza. And then when I was finally watching it, I decided I liked Roy/Ed much much more. So I shrugged and went with it.

I cannot WAIT for the FMA movie. So many loose ends to tie up!!
Old 05-03-2005, 06:48 AM
Passionate Fan

free--That could be it. It sounds like a cool series, and what I've seen of it looks all James Bond...

Kat-- Yeah, you and a thousand other people. I felt like I was missing something 'cause everyone else saw that. *shrug* Whatever, I still love Roy/Riza--they made me happy.

Cannot wait for the movie...it'll be so cool...do you know anything about it?

Old 05-03-2005, 04:23 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

No those are all anime. I know how to get them if you want to watch them. I have them on my comp. PM me for more details, if you want them.
Oh, ok. I've never downloaded anime from anywhere...Interesting

Quote:
Naruto wasn't THAT bad when it started. I still think that the first arch was the BEST one .
I like Naruto a lot. I'm even collecting the manga. By the way, that quote wasn't by me...it was by Kat.

I'm actually reading some FMA fanfic, and I haven't watched the anime at all. It's just that since I've seen the art and avs, I though "Oooh! Pretty! Gotta read." I'm weird like that.

Marina
make sure your hands are clean.

Bob Marley
Closed Thread   Post New Thread