Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2005, 12:08 AM
Passionate Fan

Hello people! Well I completley love anime, it's like my life's calling to be a manga artist. ^^

Anyone ever seen Kodocha? I love that. I think the manga is much better than the anime though. I hate Naozumi with a passion. ><

Most of you probably haven't seen it, because the anime comes out in english on the 28; I bought it in japanese to watch.

I also love Angel Sanctuary, Immortal Rain, Fruits Basket, One Peice, Zatch Bell, Inuyasha, Fullmetal Alchemist (I just looove Winry!!!), Full Metal Panic, Wolf's Rain (KIBAKIBAKIBAKIBA), Tsubasa, Legal Drug (All slash, it's great), Samurai Champloo (God, I LOVE Mugen), Fooly Cooly, Paranoia Angent, Rave Master, s-CRY-ed, Dot Hack Sign (it really pissed me off that Tsukasa was a girl, I loved him and Subaru), Dot Hack Legend, Dot Hack Liminality, Case Closed, Chobits, and Alice 19th. There's more but I don't remember them right now. XD

~Er!n
Old 06-07-2005, 03:46 AM
Master Fan

Er!n, Another Angel Sanctuary fan. Love that series.
Old 06-07-2005, 08:43 AM
Obsessed Fan

What's Angel Sanctuary about?
Old 06-07-2005, 02:39 PM
Loyal Fan

Go here when you want to look up information on a series.
Old 06-07-2005, 03:56 PM
Master Fan

Angel Sanctuary is complicated. Alexiel and Rosiel are the most powerful angels and they are twins. Rosiel is in love with his twin and when Alexiel rebels against the heavens she ends up going to war against Rosiel. Anyway, she ends up defeating her brother but instead of killing him she locks him away. She is then punished by the heavens. Her soul and body are separated and her soul is reincarnated into a human who ends up dying a horrible death. In her latest reincarnation, she is Setsuna, a boy who is in love with his sister.

Well, that's the premise. It's twisted but in a good way. But beware, it does include incest.
Old 06-07-2005, 04:46 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastDay
Anyone ever seen Kodocha? I love that. I think the manga is much better than the anime though. I hate Naozumi with a passion. ><
Yes! I love Kodocha! The manga, that is (the anime is only good for about 19 episodes, if you ask me). Tell me why you hate Naozumi. Do you hate him in both?
Old 06-08-2005, 03:43 AM
Obsessed Fan

YAHOOO!!!

It turns out that one of my fav manga's is also an anime, just under a different name. Downloading now!
Old 06-09-2005, 12:57 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by free
Yes! I love Kodocha! The manga, that is (the anime is only good for about 19 episodes, if you ask me). Tell me why you hate Naozumi. Do you hate him in both?
Well, I absolutley LOVE Sana and Akito together, and he's just always getting in the way!!!!! He really pisses me off! But then Akito pissed me off too when Sana and Naozumi where about to leave for New York...I also hate F u k a ( I have to spell her name with spaces otherwise they censor it) too. Basically anyone who gets in the way, I hate. XD It's weird, but I just love the people who where there first. I get attached to them. ^^

Angel Sancutary is great. At first my friends where a little freaked out by all the incest, but they got over and now they all love it. ^^

Anyone else a fan of Samurai Champloo? I love Mugen. XD I have a thing for the guys with the really messy hair, like Kiba. <3
~ER!N
Old 06-09-2005, 04:47 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Well, I absolutley LOVE Sana and Akito together, and he's just always getting in the way!!!!!
Ditto on the love!!! I agree, he was always getting in the way. Plus, he's annoying. I really dislike Naozumi in the anime. There was too much of him, and not enough Hayama (with Sana). I think that show went way downhill after the story started to stray from the manga.

The manga is probably my favorite of all time, so far. I even love Naozumi (even wanted him to hook up with Sana, just for a while)! It ended way too soon.
Old 06-09-2005, 05:58 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by free
Ditto on the love!!! I agree, he was always getting in the way. Plus, he's annoying. I really dislike Naozumi in the anime. There was too much of him, and not enough Hayama (with Sana). I think that show went way downhill after the story started to stray from the manga.

The manga is probably my favorite of all time, so far. I even love Naozumi (even wanted him to hook up with Sana, just for a while)! It ended way too soon.
The anime was completley unfaithful to the manga. And yes, there's way too much of him in the anime. That story line with Naozumi's real parents was extremly annoying; it was like, "We've already gone through this with Sana, don't do it again!"
The NY story was just annoying. No Akito at all... that Brad guy was pretty annoying too. The guy who looked like Akito. And Scicill was really annoying too. We almost had incest forming there
Old 06-09-2005, 09:44 PM
Loyal Fan

Speaking of Samurai Champloo, I'm watching the anime right now on Adult swim, don't know what the heck is going on since I haven't seen it from the start but I like it so far

I was so creeped out by Angel Sanctuary when I realized that incest was an element in the plot. At first I was so confused, didn't know what was what and so on, so I kept reading until the third volume. Now, my friend, knowing that I stopped reading AS, she gave me the latest volume to read. Needless to say, I didn't understand one single thing that was going on. Oh, well.

On the plushies talk, I just bought a Kyo plushy, from Fruit Basket. My mom thought it was an alien with the weird eyes and the vein throbbing on his forehead . I thought it was really cute though.

Marina
make sure your hands are clean.

Bob Marley
Old 06-10-2005, 04:06 AM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah, that's why I've been iffy of AS. The bro/sis thing was kinda creepy.
Old 06-10-2005, 04:22 AM
Master Fan

I was weirded out by the incest aspect of AS but I love the story and characters so much that I continued with it.
Old 06-11-2005, 05:46 AM
Obsessed Fan

How focused is the incest thing?
Old 06-11-2005, 02:15 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
The anime was completley unfaithful to the manga. And yes, there's way too much of him in the anime. That story line with Naozumi's real parents was extremly annoying; it was like, "We've already gone through this with Sana, don't do it again!"
The NY story was just annoying. No Akito at all... that Brad guy was pretty annoying too. The guy who looked like Akito. And Scicill was really annoying too. We almost had incest forming there
Yes! I hear you loud and clear. These are all reasons why I really prefer the manga. You make me want to read it again, even if Tokyopop did screw with the translation!

Do you have a favorite scene or moment from either? It's great to actually meet another fan of KNO!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread