Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2014, 07:43 AM
Absolute Fan

^^Exactly!!

In fact Julie Plec explains this Liam story arc in this new interview! He'll have eyes for Elena but sounds like Elena won't be into him.

Vampire Diaries Boss Julie Plec Reveals Season 6 Surprises: Is Elena Getting a New Love Interest?! | E! Online

You have to watch the video to get her full answer which is at beginning. I think the lip lock in 6x03 will be him kissing her but she'll pull away. This is just another footnote in DE's love story. Julie actually called Damon "the love of her life" in this interview.

Bellamy and Clarke
{The Rebel & The Princess}
Old 10-02-2014, 08:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don't hate Elena but I admit I don't like the idea of her kissing other guys eventhough Damon is "dead". But if it's one sided that's a bit better for me I just hope it stays that way.

2 new Nina interviews:

'Vampire Diaries': Nina Dobrev on Elena's Strife, Damon's Void and "Divided" Season 6 - Hollywood Reporter

‘The Vampire Diaries’ Season 6 Premiere — Damon & Elena Spoilers | TVLine

It's weird that she mentions that she's not dating Damon by this episode she's filming.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:08 AM
Passionate Fan

I don't think she can saying anything about the reunion. But I think Elena dating Damon.

Edit: I'm starting not to like Nina interviews. When it comes to DE she doesn't seem to care anymore. But that could just be me. JP and CD are saying something else were Nina saying that.

Last edited by Dawson creek fan; 10-02-2014 at 08:22 AM
Old 10-02-2014, 09:22 AM
Absolute Fan

Yea Nina isn't going to say if she's dating Damon again cuz that would ruin the reunion surprise for those that don't read spoilers.

I like that Hollywood Reporter interview. She says Elena isn't in a place to be dating anyone else right now regardless if another person is interested. I think it's just the writers giving her that opportunity but showing that her heart still belongs with Damon for the time being even if she thinks he's dead. It's a realistic portrayal. And like I said before, it'll just solidify DE's relationship even more.

It's gonna be fine

ETA: Dawson_creek_fan Nina has never given much detail in interviews when it comes to the triangle but I actually think she's been doing just fine talking about DE. She just tries to stay neutral I think. I actually dont like Ian's interviews sometimes when it comes to DE i love him and he has said some amazing things in the past about DE but he loves to troll, especially about Bamon when we KNOW that's not going anywhere romantic. Regardless, it's the producers' interviews that matter most anyways.

Bellamy and Clarke

Last edited by LuvinJames23; 10-02-2014 at 09:29 AM
Old 10-02-2014, 11:45 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Exclusive first look #TVD 6x04 90's flashback episode @iansomerhalder and @paulvedere
Old 10-02-2014, 11:46 AM
Moderator Support Team

Damon wearing a tank top.....

he should wear a tank top more often....

icon made by crash landing (Sarah)
Old 10-02-2014, 12:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvinJames23 (View Post)
^^Exactly!!

In fact Julie Plec explains this Liam story arc in this new interview! He'll have eyes for Elena but sounds like Elena won't be into him.

Vampire Diaries Boss Julie Plec Reveals Season 6 Surprises: Is Elena Getting a New Love Interest?! | E! Online

You have to watch the video to get her full answer which is at beginning. I think the lip lock in 6x03 will be him kissing her but she'll pull away. This is just another footnote in DE's love story. Julie actually called Damon "the love of her life" in this interview.
really?

Quote:
On screen and off screen, the talent and intensity of @NinaDobrev and @IanSomerhalder amazes and inspires me. #MuchLove to these fine actors on #TVD Day. #DirectorPride
http://instagram.com/p/tqQ2rjytiI/

Last edited by AlwaysCB; 10-02-2014 at 12:29 PM
Old 10-02-2014, 01:26 PM
Absolute Fan

^^She really did say that Lauren!! I was floored!

So excited for the 90s FB episode!!! That pic of Ian in the tank does things to me it's weird tho. I didn't think DS got a long at all for most of their vampire lives yet this pic looks like they're doing ok. Then again, TVD has been known for rewriting history at times.

I love Joshua Butler!!! He's as much of a DE shipper as we are!! Even his twitter header is his BTS pic of DE from 5x21. looks like we'll be getting some DE interaction in a bar. .I would say Mystic Grill but since Damon seems to get back in 6x07 or 6x08, I'm guessing they're saving the "reclaiming of Mystic Falls" for mid season finale.

Bellamy and Clarke
Old 10-02-2014, 01:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Quote:
THE VAMPIRE DIAIRES
“Black Hole Sun” – (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)

FLASHBACKS TO A TUMULTUOUS TIME IN DAMON’S LIFE – When Damon (Ian Somerhalder) and Bonnie (Kat Graham) realize that uncovering a time in Damon’s past may provide clues to finding their way home, Damon is forced to relive one of the worst days of his life. After an awkward run-in with Jo (guest star Jodi Lyn O’Keefe) at the hospital, Alaric (Matt Davis) steps in to help Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen) get his life together and cope with the loss of Bonnie. Elsewhere, Stefan (Paul Wesley) attempts to show Elena (Nina Dobrev) what it’s like to start over and create a new identity, while an unsuspecting Matt (Zach Roerig) finds himself in a disturbing situation when Tripp (guest star Colin Ferguson) lets him in on a dark secret. Lastly, Stefan, who is desperate to regain some normalcy in his life, is stunned when an unexpected visitor shows up. Michael Malarkey also stars. Kellie Cyrus directed the episode written by Melinda Hsu Taylor & Neil Reynolds (#604). Original airdate 10/23/2014.
CW PRIMETIME LISTINGS FOR THE WEEK OF OCTOBER 20, 2014 | Spoilers
Old 10-02-2014, 01:52 PM
Passionate Fan

That picture looks like the mystic grill b/c of the light on the table. Episode eight would come before thanksgiving and thanksgiving is the week after that episode. Anyways thanks for everything that you guys posted today. It looks like stafen going to help Elena try to move on with her life. I don't think it will work.

Edit: the picture looks like a flashback, I think it looks like mystic grill to me.

Last edited by Dawson creek fan; 10-02-2014 at 02:04 PM
Old 10-02-2014, 04:20 PM
Absolute Fan

Wow was this posted?! CD shuts down SE and says Damon and Elena's love story is the key to the series at this point. I love this woman..she never hesitates to speak the truth.

'Vampire Diaries' EP Previews Season 6, Reveals Who She'd Trade to 'The Originals' - TheWrap

Bellamy and Clarke

Last edited by LuvinJames23; 10-02-2014 at 04:55 PM
Old 10-02-2014, 05:54 PM
Passionate Fan

Thanks for that,

I love what she says about DE. They are the love story of the show.
Old 10-02-2014, 06:16 PM
Master Fan

Sooooo what did you guys think of the episode?

I was really happy with Elena's grieving. It was the only realistic response, and I adored the quotes of her unable to live forever without him and feeling like she could die etc It was heartbreaking. Her accepting vampirism because of the idea of eternal love with Damon..... I really loved the scene where she tried to say goodbye, though I thought the delivery of him giving her everything she ever wanted was better in the promo. It felt rushed in the scene that aired. Still so sad though

I am NOT happy about Alaric compelling Elena to forget. Trust me I get it, it is just a cop out so they don't have to deal with the repercussions. Though I do understand that they can't have a season of Elena crying and off the rails. It just wouldn't work. I guess though that despite the compulsion, like with what happened with Jeremy, Elena may not remember Damon but she will still feel his loss. That "hole in her heart" will never go away. Therefore even when she tries to move on and when she tries to kiss another, that deep emotional turmoil will reel it's ugly head and she'll remain incapable just with no idea why. I like the idea of her getting flashbacks and perhaps dreaming of him. It's like falling in love with him all over again which is a nice little ret con as long as it is TEMPORARY!

Stefan's storyline is lame as hell! He had about 2 minutes screen time! Stefan may be out of character in his grieving and the writers are trying to move away from the brooding persona but seriously man show some passion! Despite Stefan being a total tool at times, I am a fan of the brotherhood and I would have liked to see more emotion from him. I get it's been four months but there's such thing as too out of character. It makes him seem heartless, like it's all been easy. I'm sure it hasn't but because we haven't been able to see that we need to understand it now.

I NEED to know what the F is going on with Damon and Bonnie! Damon in a red flannel checked shirt is just too creepy for words. Make the lambs stop screaming and get that man back in John Varvatos and leather pronto! I'm assuming they are lost in time somewhere.....I kind of like the idea of them both time travelling and revisiting the past....Maybe visiting past Damon versions along the way through the eras.... All I know is it is a blessing to have that beautiful face back on my screen and if only we all had a Damon to cook us adorable and hilarious vampire pancakes in the morning...... I can't wait to see what they get up to!

I completely understand what everyone means by this feeling like a different show. It's almost unrecognisable which is sad in a way but also breathes some new life back into it. I am kind of excited to see what they come up with. All in all I think some elements worked and some didn't but I appreciate the writers trying things differently and the show needed a good shake up. I just hope it lives up to high hopes and expectations! Fingers crossed!

Just a quick comment about the interview with Caroline Dries. I really enjoy her insight about DE but it always frustrates me when the writers say Human Elena loved Stefan and Vampire Elena loves Damon etc It implies Elena only fell for Damon because she turned and that is simply not true. Yeah transitioning amplified those feelings for Damon but it also amplified those for Stefan! Therefore that desire to be with Damon was always stronger! Or had been at least for a while. Her falling for Damon had nothing to do with a growing intensity of feeling because she became a vampire. It was the freedom and liberation away from her stunted and denying human self that allowed Elena to embrace and confront what she had always felt. I will always believe that given the time to grow and had she remained a human, Elena would still have ended up with Damon. It's just a cop out to protect fanbases to suggest otherwise. It may have taken longer but once Elena grew up and embraced the self she lost when her parents died she would have remembered everything she had wanted in life. A love that consumed her, passion, adventure and even a little danger. Something she could never have with Stefan and the comforting safety of Stefan she needed as an emotional crutch after the devastation of her parent's death, she would outgrow and no longer need. My point is DE were always meant to be and gonna end up together. If Elena ever becomes a human once more that will never change. Their journey remains and DE were inevitable from the moment they met. I hope next week when Alaric asks when Elena fell in love with Damon illustrates that!

Last edited by TDARFSWR; 10-02-2014 at 06:31 PM
Old 10-02-2014, 06:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

so now we know why she's acting weird on 6x03. Alaric compells her to forget she loved Damon?
Old 10-02-2014, 07:02 PM
Passionate Fan

Well there go are reunion. It looks like it won't happen in 607/608. But I love all the DE scenes tonight and how Elena was.