Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2019, 08:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

The MCU has gotten to the point of making me downright sick. The only part of it I still value is the dead Netflix shows and those were always somewhat separate.
Old 05-21-2019, 03:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
The MCU has gotten to the point of making me downright sick. The only part of it I still value is the dead Netflix shows and those were always somewhat separate.
You and I are in total agreement on this, sum1. Kevin Feige is a total wanker.
Old 05-21-2019, 08:58 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)

I don't know who the hell came up with the idea for Spider-Man once again being a teen even though they've done that twice before already.
I think it was Feige himself. You know I wonder what they'll do with the X-Men&F4? Imagine if what they did to Thor they do something similar to Wolverine.
Old 05-22-2019, 04:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Glad I won't be watching.
Old 05-22-2019, 03:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
I think it was Feige himself. You know I wonder what they'll do with the X-Men&F4? Imagine if what they did to Thor they do something similar to Wolverine.
Then Feige is a moron. He and I grew up in the same generation and I know he grew up reading the same damn comic books, where Peter is an adult. How can Feige, a Gen-Xer, not do the 80s Spider-Man stories with Black Cat, Silver Sable, Kraven, Hobgoblin, etc?
Old 05-22-2019, 03:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Then Feige is a moron. He and I grew up in the same generation and I know he grew up reading the same damn comic books, where Peter is an adult. How can Feige, a Gen-Xer, not do the 80s Spider-Man stories with Black Cat, Silver Sable, Kraven, Hobgoblin, etc?
Well, I think he might have said his favorite was the Lee&Ditko era. I know in the FFH trailer it looks like they're setting up Peter to carry on Tony's legacy.
Old 05-22-2019, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
Well, I think he might have said his favorite was the Lee&Ditko era. I know in the FFH trailer it looks like they're setting up Peter to carry on Tony's legacy.
That's such a cop-out, dragonfire. Everything started with the Lee-Ditko era, but the best Spider-Man stories were from the 1980s including and after the John Romita Jr. era.

And Peter carrying on Tony's legacy? Peter doesn't do that, nor does he need to.
Old 05-22-2019, 05:33 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
That's such a cop-out, dragonfire. Everything started with the Lee-Ditko era, but the best Spider-Man stories were from the 1980s including and after the John Romita Jr. era.

And Peter carrying on Tony's legacy? Peter doesn't do that, nor does he need to.
Well, seems that's what he said. Well, in the trailer
Spoiler:
Old 05-22-2019, 08:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm sorry, but the Lee/Ditko era is not all that.
Old 05-23-2019, 04:47 AM
Elite Fan

So it seems the Tony&Janet romance in the comics is still going. I know Alex won't be happy about this. Also seems it's written by Slott. https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/05...p-iron-man-11/
Old 05-23-2019, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree, sum1. That was Marvel in its really early stages, before they had a chance to work out all the bugs. I think by the 80s they finally settled into what worked and what didn't.

I already knew about that, dragonfire. Don't worry, that's not gonna last. Tony/Janet were toxic the first time around, so this time it's probably just Slott doing what he always does. But they'd better up Janet's profile in the MCU asap. I'm sick of this Hope/Nadia bull. Screw that lime squeezing Edgar Wright.
Old 05-23-2019, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Lime squeezing?
Old 05-24-2019, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Lime squeezing?
It's an old term for English sailors in the British Navy who used to squeeze lime juice or lemon juice into barrels of their grog(rum) rations.

They did it to prevent the condition called "scurvy," which comes from a vitamin C deficiency.
Old 05-24-2019, 08:05 PM
Elite Fan

Spoiler:
Old 05-24-2019, 08:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's such bull.Tom DeFalco's idea that Steve could lift the hammer in the comics always annoyed me. It's horning in on Thor's territory and I'm sick of the whole Steve-is-perfect thing. I was glad when they didn't go that route in the movies and this is just blatant retconning of a very cheap sort.
Quote:
It's an old term for English sailors in the British Navy who used to squeeze lime juice or lemon juice into barrels of their grog(rum) rations.

They did it to prevent the condition called "scurvy," which comes from a vitamin C deficiency.
That's "limey", not "lime-squeezing, and it's an ethnic slur, so it shouldn't be used here.