Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2019, 11:58 AM
Elite Fan

Here's some more interesting stuff.
Spoiler:
Old 05-30-2019, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for that, dragonfire. See? That proves my point. They don't really have a damn plan for the MCU at all, and these phases could go anywhere.

No place for auteurs? Funny, Feige didn't have any problem compromising the Avengers storyline for Edgar Wright, whose Ant-Man script WAS an auteur script. I wish he'd had the same consideration for Hank and Janet as he has for Marvel Studios today. But he still has a chance to correct his screw up.
Old 05-30-2019, 01:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Their excuse over Natasha is such bull. Complete her arc, my ass. Just mumbo jumbo. Notice how they're careful to say it was a woman that argued for it. They think that absolves them of charges of misogyny. It doesn't.
Old 05-30-2019, 01:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree. I think it was unnecessary. But again, these Marvel Studios ass are just going through the motions. Now we know they don't have a master plan at all, and it definitely looks like it. I hope after 2024 they don't screw this up again.
Old 05-30-2019, 03:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
The story of how Carol Danvers became Captain Marvel is stamped into comic book history. But when comic book writer Kelly Sue DeConnick came into the picture, she had her own spin—one that tapped into Carol’s feminist identity and made her the source of her own power. Marvel may not have been big on her idea at the time, but it did end up inspiring the Brie Larson movie.

In the video interview above, DeConnick and Mary Livanos, director of production and development for Marvel Studios, chat with io9's Charles Pulliam-Moore about the Carol Danvers origin story that Marvel rejected for In Pursuit of Flight. It involved a time paradox, a rescue mission, and a rejection of the idea that Mar-Vell (who is a male character in the comics) needed to be the one who “created” Captain Marvel.

While it may not have ended up on the page, according to Livanos it did play an important part in shaping Carol’s origin story onscreen in Captain Marvel.
https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-captain-...ted-1835089790 Rumor: Sony Wants Venom in Spider-Man 3 | Collider

Last edited by dragonfire; 05-30-2019 at 06:24 PM
Old 05-31-2019, 04:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Fing politically correct bull dragonfire. If they can eliminate Mar-Vell from his own damn story, then what's next, and who's next?
Old 05-31-2019, 06:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

This from the same Disney Marvel that treated Black Widow like crap.
Old 05-31-2019, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Exactly, sum1. This is typical Hollywood hypocrisy, and this is the reason why I brought up this political correctness bull on the rant/vent thread, sum1.

And while Mary Livanos and Kelly Sue DeConnick might favor that alternate origin story that was "a rejection the idea that Mar-Vell needed to be the one who created Captain Marvel," I'd remind both of those women that Captain Marvel WAS created by MEN! Stan Lee and Gene Colan created Mar-Vell, and Roy Thomas and Gene Colan created Carol Danvers! So rejecting the idea that Mar-Vell(read, a man) needed to be the one to create Captain Marvel is a rejection of actual facts, that not only did male writers create Captain Marvel, but neither Mar-Vell nor Carol Danvers would've existed if not for them. Just like every other female superhero in DC and Marvel comics only exists because of the male writers who created them. Even Wonder Woman, the most popular female superhero ever created, and who is a feminist icon, was created by a man, William Marston. So all this feminist revisionism is total bull A real feminist wouldn't do this, because if women feel that the only way they can own their power and be treated as equals is to commit cultural erasure and steal ideas created by men and pass them off as their own, then they're not feminists. That's an admission of mediocrity, not strength. The woman who created Katniss Everdeen in The Hunger Games is more of a feminist than these women.

And sum1... that's why Captain America should never be a woman. Fing politically correct bull
Old 05-31-2019, 02:14 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)

And sum1... that's why Captain America should never be a woman. Fing politically correct bull
Speaking of that. Did you see in the rant thread that Feige announced a What If with Peggy as Captain America and Steve as Iron Man? Oh, while they could've been joking seems in a video interview the Endgame writers said something like after Feige asked them what the hell are they doing? They told him it's realism, and he told them that they know he loves them but he can fire them.
Old 05-31-2019, 03:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
Speaking of that. Did you see in the rant thread that Feige announced a What If with Peggy as Captain America and Steve as Iron Man? Oh, while they could've been joking seems in a video interview the Endgame writers said something like after Feige asked them what the hell are they doing? They told him it's realism, and he told them that they know he loves them but he can fire them.
Sounds to me like Feige is a real ass
Old 05-31-2019, 04:00 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Sounds to me like Feige is a real ass
What do you mean? Oh, here's what he said about the What If.
Quote:
During Disney's Investor Day that debuted the first look at Disney+, Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige took the stage to discuss what his brand of the Mouse House would be bringing to the service. He confirmed reports that a What If series is in development, but also shared details on the very first episode. The debut episode will show a world in which Peggy Carter became a super soldier instead of Steve Rogers, which allows Steve to become the first ever Iron Man with a suit made by Howard Stark. The original actors - Hayley Atwell, Chris Evans, and Dominic Cooper - are likely to return to voice their roles.
https://screenrant.com/marvel-what-i...gers-iron-man/
Old 05-31-2019, 04:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
What do you mean? Oh, here's what he said about the What If. https://screenrant.com/marvel-what-i...gers-iron-man/
What do I mean? Haven't I and sum1 already explained in great detail all of the mistakes that Feige has made and has been mostly apologetic for, and how disrespectful he's been to Marvel Comics history and the legacy of its characters and their creators? He acts like his God almighty.

Oh, so it's a What If? series? Yeah, I never liked that comic book series either.
Old 05-31-2019, 11:33 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
What do I mean? Haven't I and sum1 already explained in great detail all of the mistakes that Feige has made and has been mostly apologetic for, and how disrespectful he's been to Marvel Comics history and the legacy of its characters and their creators? He acts like his God almighty.

Oh, so it's a What If? series? Yeah, I never liked that comic book series either.
Ok, fair. Yeah, I think it's like an animated series. Oh, just like Steve, I do believe they did Peggy right.
Spoiler:
Old 06-01-2019, 03:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I don't think that necessarily follows, but I'm tired of debating it with you, so I won't.
Old 06-01-2019, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for that info, dragonfire. Still sounds like something I'd want to avoid. I'll wait until the next iteration of the MCU in five years.