Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 07:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Audrey If you need someone to talk to, just message me. I've lost both of my parents too.
Old 08-14-2014, 01:55 PM
Master Fan

Hi, i'm new to this thread but my friend told me about it knowing I might be able to get some support

Okay, so my dad died 3 years ago on the 4th of July, which happened to be a couple weeks before my 21st birthday so it made it insanely hard. I went through a lot of guilt after cause we were fighting that day and I thought I might be the reason but he had a heart condition, had a couple heart attacks prior so it wasn't that. But here's the more horrific part...

I had just gotten over his death, started being myself again, going out, talking to my family, finally started being okay again and then a year ago in March my mom died. It was really sudden, like more so than my dad, she was in a car accident and a blood clot made it to her brain and she died on Easter 2013 Things have seriously sort of sucked since then, lots of pain and guilt and last year I got into a accident myself so I was confronted with the idea I could die the same way and it really freaked me out.

I'm doing better now, went through therapy, got a BF, looking for a job, but the losses are still with me and i'm trying but it's difficult.

Thanks for listening.
Old 08-14-2014, 02:43 PM
Elite Fan

^ Hey sweetheart Your words have brought tears to my eyes, so emotional but I can tell by that message alone that you're a loving person
And of course we will support you, including myself. What you have experienced is tragic but everything you go through in life... It's what you become. A stronger woman. You will see light at the end of the tunnel. I know it's just one big dark cloud right now, but you will find happiness somewhere and somehow.
Talking about loss helps a great deal. Don't bottle up your feelings and emotions. I genuinely hope that you have support around you. You can always post here and we'd only be too happy to support/help you.
You're not alone. I lost my daughter and father within a year. Let yourself heal, give yourself that crucial time. When people say "Cheer up!" Or "Be strong" it's not possible until you let your grief run it's natural course. And remember you're parents want you to continue your life creatively and beautifully.
huggles to you
Old 08-14-2014, 04:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateBlairlover (View Post)
Hi, i'm new to this thread but my friend told me about it knowing I might be able to get some support

Okay, so my dad died 3 years ago on the 4th of July, which happened to be a couple weeks before my 21st birthday so it made it insanely hard. I went through a lot of guilt after cause we were fighting that day and I thought I might be the reason but he had a heart condition, had a couple heart attacks prior so it wasn't that. But here's the more horrific part...

I had just gotten over his death, started being myself again, going out, talking to my family, finally started being okay again and then a year ago in March my mom died. It was really sudden, like more so than my dad, she was in a car accident and a blood clot made it to her brain and she died on Easter 2013 Things have seriously sort of sucked since then, lots of pain and guilt and last year I got into a accident myself so I was confronted with the idea I could die the same way and it really freaked me out.

I'm doing better now, went through therapy, got a BF, looking for a job, but the losses are still with me and i'm trying but it's difficult.

Thanks for listening.
so sorry for your losses. You can talk to anyone here anytime. Guilt is messy thing. You should always know that no matter what we kids say to our parents, deep down they know we love them.

It's important to work though things at your own pace otherwise you just end up in a never ending loop.

We're here anytime and if you just need to get some stuff out this thread is good for that too.

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 08-22-2014, 12:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

i found out my dad died four years ago. at first, i grieved so much for him, but now... he's an afterthought. i love that. i love that i can forgive him for abandoning me. life really is too short and he, in a way, freed me. #truestory
Old 08-22-2014, 03:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Alexis

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

A really good friend of mine, and my junior prom date, committed suicide about 7 years ago. I think that was one of the worse times for me. I would cry myself to sleep for months. I have a RIP decal in my back window, and sometimes when I was driving home at night I would look in the reveiw mirror and cry. Or when I heard one of the songs from his funeral. And it took it seemed years for me to heal from it. There's still a small hole in my heart. Sometimes I feel guilty, I almost feel like I have forgotten him. I hardly ever think about him.

Anywho the other night out of nowhere I had a dream about him. He was alive, and I think even my dream self knew it was a dream, and knew I had to cherish the time with him. I was kind of shaken up the whole day when I woke up.

April
Old 08-24-2014, 09:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Aw April. I don't think we forget them, I think they allow us to heal so we can keep on living.

Old 08-24-2014, 10:11 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk On You (View Post)
Anywho the other night out of nowhere I had a dream about him. He was alive, and I think even my dream self knew it was a dream, and knew I had to cherish the time with him. I was kind of shaken up the whole day when I woke up.
It happened to me when I was on the train instead dreaming, I saw the guy that looked exactly like my fam member then I just went walk, but instead I realized that it wasn't him, so I was pretend that I was checking something on the map even tho for just one moment, you just want to..

i'm trying,
but it won't stop!

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 08-25-2014, 02:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Steph, that must be a surreal experience

Old 08-25-2014, 09:03 AM
Moderator Support Team

Yeah, it just weird moment for me, but at least I haven't have that ever since that happened which I guess that I did made a peace w/ it..

i'm trying,
but it won't stop!

Old 08-25-2014, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

^

It's been 33 days since my friend passed away. Still can't believe that she's gone.

Old 08-25-2014, 03:35 PM
Moderator Support Team

Aww, I didn't know that, but sorry to hear that..

i'm trying,
but it won't stop!

Old 08-25-2014, 10:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace Like Rain (View Post)
^

It's been 33 days since my friend passed away. Still can't believe that she's gone.

April
Old 08-26-2014, 11:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

for everyone

Closed Thread   Post New Thread