Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-17-2006, 04:52 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by genki (View Post)
No offense to any one out there, but I hate the hair issue. It still bothers me that so many people freaked out because of hair cut. So What! This show was about so much more than Felicity's hair.

i have to completely agree with you on this one. in any other show i think i wouldve cared but for some reason ,here i didnt . i think it was because the show had great writing.

like for instance, im a huge smallville fan, but only because of clark and lana - so id be upset if they cut lana's hair. i only lke the show for one reason and the rest of the time im bored.

with felicity- so much was going on and i was interested in every aspect of it that it really didnt feel like i was losing out no matter what her hair looked like. i thought keri was an awesome actress no matter what she looked like. the show was just captivating.

but if i did have to make a choice- it was the long curls that made her this icon that made her known as felicity so if i had to choose it would be that. i didnt like how they made it straight just cuz it wasnt felicity. altho i thought she actually looked the prettiest with the long straight hair.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by caf123 (View Post)
Is the second picture the short hair that made viewers stop watching? I wasn't around, but it still sounds crazy to me....

Hey caf123, I couldn't agree more with you in that it sounds completely crazy that viewers just stopped watching the show due to a hair cut. I found a collage of Keri with very, very short hair (in the second picture you saw it had already grown) and i think it totally fits the story line about a girl who is discovering herself and letting go of the past and the innocent, shy and insecure person she was when she first came to New York. Plus, though I was a bit shocked at first (just because i used to love her extremely long hair since The Malibu Shores) i thought "you got to have an exquisite face for such a haircut to look good on you!! "... and Keri DOES.
Love,

Sonia
PS: What other reason do you guys think made the rating go down???

- Choni -

Last edited by Soniagranelli; 12-18-2006 at 09:23 AM
Old 12-18-2006, 09:26 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hye guys...I've got a little problem. I can see the pictures I post in my computer, but now that i'm at my office i can't see them, and BC100 told me she couldn't see them, is it because i have not reached the 100 posts yet?? Can anybody help me??
Love,
Sonia

- Choni -
Old 12-18-2006, 10:51 AM
Total Fan

Well, if the hair issue is so important, is because people made it that important.
I don't know if really was about the hair cut when ratings went down... But, if this is true, then yeah, it was a really huge hair issue.
And there's nothing bad to talk about it, it's just a fact. She got her hair cut, and some people hated it.

I hated it at first. I remember I thought: What the hell? That hair is like a sign of indentity for her...
But, later, I realized it was the right thing to do. We had to see beyond that beautiful hair, and it was a signal of a new brave Felicity, you know? Someone who takes risks, who makes decisions and don't regret. Someone who acts by heart, feelings, instincts.

Though I can say I like her better with long hair though...

Old 12-18-2006, 03:05 PM
Ultimate Fan

I thought everyone made way too big a deal out of the hair thing. It was hair for crying out loud. Plus, a lot of girls cut their hair off in college. A large majority of them do, actually. I just thought it was dumb for everyone to get so worked up and the network to use it for an excuse for loss of viewers. It's crazy talk. Plus, Keri was beautiful no matter what.
Old 12-18-2006, 04:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soniagranelli (View Post)
Hye guys...I've got a little problem. I can see the pictures I post in my computer, but now that i'm at my office i can't see them, and BC100 told me she couldn't see them, is it because i have not reached the 100 posts yet?? Can anybody help me??
Love,
Sonia
Where did you post pictures?

The 100 posts rule only applies to getting an avatar. You should be able to include pictures in your posts just like everyone else. Which of your posts are supposed to include pictures?

Lorelai, about her dog: He's totally fine having his personal freedoms slowly stripped away,
as long as he's completely unaware that it's happening - just like a true American.
Old 12-18-2006, 05:36 PM
Total Fan

You can see them included in your posts only in your PC??

I don't know. It's weird.

Old 12-18-2006, 09:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

I've included pics in post number 47....
I'VE REACHED THE 100 POSTS!!!

- Choni -
Old 12-18-2006, 10:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soniagranelli (View Post)
I'VE REACHED THE 100 POSTS!!!
Congratulations!

Quote:
I've included pics in post number 47....
I can't see them either and I can't find any img coding in your post.

How did you add the pictures, if you don't mind my asking?

Lorelai, about her dog: He's totally fine having his personal freedoms slowly stripped away,
as long as he's completely unaware that it's happening - just like a true American.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:15 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Is the second picture the short hair that made viewers stop watching? I wasn't around, but it still sounds crazy to me....

At the time there were people who claimed that they stopped watching the show because Felicity cut her hair. I can't imagine watching a TV program just to look at a persons hair. I mean what about the story and the characters on the show. Could hair really be that important?

Actually there were other reasons that the ratings went down in the second season that had nothing to do with the hair cut. The show was moved from Tuesday to Sunday night. The writers also broke up Ben and Felicity after only the second episode. They had all of the characters involved with different people that the fans did not care about like Maggie and David. Even jj admitted that the show had gone off course. It was not until the second half of the season that put Ben and Felicity back together that the ratings started to climb again and Felicity still had short hair.

Love, Jan
Old 12-18-2006, 10:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hey guys! I would like to comment on the hair issue. I think people freaked out when she cut her hair because of the hair itself. Who else has big beautiful, curly hair like that? No one. If it had been anyone else nobody would care, but that mane was unreal.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:43 PM
Dedicated Fan

I like Keri's hair here, it's just a little messy:

Old 12-19-2006, 08:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC100 (View Post)
I like Keri's hair here, it's just a little messy:
I prefer the messy curls from season 1, like the first picture in post 37. Don't like the coiffed look as much. But that's just me.

Still can't believe people actually stopped watching because of a haircut though. Lordy.

Old 12-19-2006, 09:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Congratulations!

I can't see them either and I can't find any img coding in your post.

How did you add the pictures, if you don't mind my asking?

I added the pics placing the address between this --> [IMG][/IMG] I read somewhere that it was the way to do it...i don't know why it doesn't work!!

- Choni -
Old 12-19-2006, 09:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

Granny I'm so sorry, i've just realized that I'm using the same avatar as you! I uploaded that avatar for three main reasons. First, I was so excited for being able to add one having reached the 100 posts that i added that one without checking if somebody else was using it. Secondly, it was the only avatar I had saved in my computer. Last but not least, I absolutely LOVE that scene...their skimo kiss is ADORABLE!! I hope you don't mind my using it...I'll change it once i get more avies..
Love,

Sonia

- Choni -