Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-03-2005, 11:06 AM
Part-Time Fan

Felicity's Hair: Curly, Short or Straight?

Hey Everyone

I thought this would be a neat discussion. I didn't see anything like this yet. What did everyone think of Felicity's many hairstyles? What did you like the best?

Here are my thoughts:

Curly: Loved it! It was so natural and gorgeous. She could wear it in a bun and she still looked amazing.

Short: Definitely was not a big fan at first, but then it started to grow on me. I think this was one of the worst hairstyles she had, but Keri Russell is so beautiful she can pull it off. I think it is sad that they say the ratings of the show went down just because she cut her hair off. Anyone who stopped watching for that reason clearly wasn't a true Felicity fan.. lol Did anyone notice that they started to make Felicity dress so cute and her hair was always done so nice in the beginning of season 2, and then they cut it right off? That always bugged me.

Straight: I liked her hair straight. Not as much as curly, but I still liked it alot. I think one of the main reasons they started to make her hair straighter though is so we would be able to differentiate the past from the future.

From best to worst I would say: Curly, Straight, then Short

I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts!

Mel

~ Dawson's Creek ~ Jack & Jill ~ Medium ~ Grey's Anatomy ~
Old 06-03-2005, 05:37 PM
Total Fan

This is a great discussion idea. We haven't really talked about this that much, at least that I can remember. Here are my thoughts:

* Generally, I prefer Keri's hair in season 3. I liked watching it grow out again and she just looks so gorgeous with her hair fuller, or when she had it pulled back that season. One of my favorite looks is in "And To All a Good Night" because I love the length of hair she has at that point.

* I definitely prefer her hair curly over straight, and longer over shorter. I was quite shocked when she cut her hair, and I didn't really like it. I don't think she looks that great until the very end of season 2. She is always pretty, don't get me wrong, but that severe of a cut was a mistake.

* I wasn't a real fan of her hair in season 4, once she made it straight. It just looks better curly, IMHO. But then again, I can see why she cut it all off and later made it straight because when it was really thick and curly, it was a bit out of control.

* Overall, I love Keri in whatever hair she has. I think she's a natural beauty, and she was absolutely perfect as our "Felicity."

Tumblr
Old 06-04-2005, 12:49 AM
Part-Time Fan

I am glad you like it erinw. I got the idea from our little discussion in the goofs thread. I hope everyone likes it and joins in.

Old 06-04-2005, 04:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Keri looked great with the short hair, but I really prefer it long. In season 4 to be specific, after she straightened it, it looked amazing.
Old 06-04-2005, 07:56 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'd have to say that I liked Felicity's hair best during the final 2 time travel episodes when she's meeting with Korsikoff when she had that green blazer on. It's curly and natural and I think it was vintage Felicity. Honestly though, I think she pulled off the short haircut. She's such a beautiful girl that I don't think she could look bad in any hairstyle. With that being said, I really haven't watched the episodes right after she cut her hair in forever...to me, season 2 goes from The List to Great Expectations...I skip all the Molly and David stuff.

I think Keri's hair looks great now. To me, that's her best look.

What I think they should have done on the show is style her hair when it was short like those pictures from Instyle magazine. It's a cool, edgy look that a student at NYU would wear. I don't know how to paste a picture so here's the link from felicitypage:

http://www.felicitypage.com/imgs/instyle3.jpg
Old 06-06-2005, 07:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

I love keri's curly hair. I am a big fan of her hair pre Felicity, like in 8 days a week and babysitter seduction. But I love her hair straight also. The hair cut was pretty major, but she pulled off after we all got over the shock factor.

great avitar original fanatic.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks **Sister Witches**. I like yours too! I agree. I loved her hair before Felicity, but I pretty much like her anyway she looks.

By the way, erinw, I love all your neat FAB avatars!!

Old 06-07-2005, 04:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

I got used to her short hair, i liked it better when it grew out a little bit more though, i think each time her her change it was suppose to mean how much she has changed.
Old 06-07-2005, 11:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

No offense to any one out there, but I hate the hair issue. It still bothers me that so many people freaked out because of hair cut. So What! This show was about so much more than Felicity's hair.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:57 AM
Part-Time Fan

I don't want to sound rude, but I'm pretty sure all of us on this board are true Felicity fans who are well aware that this show was way more than just about Felicity's hair. Otherwise we would not be here. However, to some, it is still an interesting thing to discuss and get other fans opinions. Some people even liked the cut.

I understand your frustration though about how a lot of people freaked out when she cut her hair off. It bothers me too how it effected the shows ratings. Like I said in my post above, anyone who stopped watching the show because of that was definitely not a true fan, and didn't understand what the show was all about.

True Daisy Lover I think you have a point there. If you look back on Felicity in season 1 she has grown so much as a person. By the end of season 4, in a way, she is a completely different person. She is one of my favorite TV characters ever.

Old 06-09-2005, 11:37 AM
Part-Time Fan

I didn't particularly like the short hair but Keri is beautiful no matter what her hair looks like. Actually,
I like her hair style now and also 1st season long and curly. My husband still hates her for cutting her hair. It's so funny.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:24 PM
Master Fan

Keri's hair looks the best with long curly hair
It might all be gone t o m o r r o w.
Old 08-09-2005, 03:49 AM
New Fan

I reallllly loved it when it was short. Yes, when it was newly cut it was kinda extreme but I think when they got to "The Slump" it was a beauty. I loved when they'd put a little clip in the middle or a headband. She just looked really cute. I had a problem in the end of Season 2 and and begining of 3 because it started to kinda have a mullet look to it. But I thinka cut was necessary..I look at Season 1 and it's just so thick. she actually did cut it after the pilot..you can tell..and she thinned it out. But I think my fave look was in Season 4. In "The Declaration" it's so much longer from "The Last Summer Ever" I kinda wonder if she had extensions in..but it was such a nice look. Then when she straightened it...gahhhh stunning. Oh but I hated that BRAID on the side of the head. what was she thinking???

Not to hijack this thread but what about other characters?? There's so much focus on Felicity but the others had just as many if not more (hello Elena!) hairstyles throughout the 4 years..let's pic the worst and best..just a fun lil game. And be specific..like don't just say Season 4 cuz there are various hairstlyes throughout seasons. Oh and I guess Javier and Tracy can't be included.

Felicity
Best: I think I liked it best in "The Declaration"
Worst: Hmm I think that stupid braid on the side of the head thing.

Ben
Best: Buzzed a la beginning of Season 4. Helllllloooo Nurse.
Worst: In the time travel eps he looked crappy with that long hair.

Noel
Best: He looks better with longer hair. In Season 4 I liked how he had grown it out.
Worst: Anytime he had short hair. Made him look like he had a fat face.

Julie
Best: Loved her hairstyle in Season 3. Choppy and Layered. Sexy. Also how it was in "spin the bottle."
Worst: I think all of Season 1 with all of her stupid 10-year-old hairstyles and trinkets. Also not a fan when she too chopped off her in in the latter half of Season 2.

Elena
Best: HmmI gotta say Season 3. It was consistent and she looked pretty.
Worst: Season 4..all of it. She had so many hairstlyes that year. The cleopatra thing with bangs, the bob, the farrah hair. Not a good year for Elena.

Sean
Best: His always looked the same so go to worst to find out
Worst: THE RED HAIR. haha horrible. So anything other than that was good.

Meghan
Best: Anytime it was sleek and straight,like in Season 3 it was for some eps.
Worst: When it was crimped or when she first turned into Jackie O..looked dumb.

Molly
Best: The short hair was cute when she first cut it.
Worst: The long wig was bad and the streaks sucked.

Ruby: Well she too was hard to tell a difference but I must give her thumbs up for when she came back in "The Last Summer Ever." It was shorter, sleek and sexy.

And I'd like to officially nominate Greg's first appearance as WORST HAIR EVER ON TV. I mean...WHAT WAS THAT?
Old 08-11-2005, 07:48 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sph84
I reallllly loved it when it was short. Yes, when it was newly cut it was kinda extreme but I think when they got to "The Slump" it was a beauty. I loved when they'd put a little clip in the middle or a headband. She just looked really cute. I had a problem in the end of Season 2 and and begining of 3 because it started to kinda have a mullet look to it. But I thinka cut was necessary..I look at Season 1 and it's just so thick. she actually did cut it after the pilot..you can tell..and she thinned it out. But I think my fave look was in Season 4. In "The Declaration" it's so much longer from "The Last Summer Ever" I kinda wonder if she had extensions in..but it was such a nice look. Then when she straightened it...gahhhh stunning. Oh but I hated that BRAID on the side of the head. what was she thinking???

Not to hijack this thread but what about other characters?? There's so much focus on Felicity but the others had just as many if not more (hello Elena!) hairstyles throughout the 4 years..let's pic the worst and best..just a fun lil game. And be specific..like don't just say Season 4 cuz there are various hairstlyes throughout seasons. Oh and I guess Javier and Tracy can't be included.

Felicity
Best: I think I liked it best in "The Declaration"
Worst: Hmm I think that stupid braid on the side of the head thing.

Ben
Best: Buzzed a la beginning of Season 4. Helllllloooo Nurse.
Worst: In the time travel eps he looked crappy with that long hair.

Noel
Best: He looks better with longer hair. In Season 4 I liked how he had grown it out.
Worst: Anytime he had short hair. Made him look like he had a fat face.

Julie
Best: Loved her hairstyle in Season 3. Choppy and Layered. Sexy. Also how it was in "spin the bottle."
Worst: I think all of Season 1 with all of her stupid 10-year-old hairstyles and trinkets. Also not a fan when she too chopped off her in in the latter half of Season 2.

Elena
Best: HmmI gotta say Season 3. It was consistent and she looked pretty.
Worst: Season 4..all of it. She had so many hairstlyes that year. The cleopatra thing with bangs, the bob, the farrah hair. Not a good year for Elena.

Sean
Best: His always looked the same so go to worst to find out
Worst: THE RED HAIR. haha horrible. So anything other than that was good.

Meghan
Best: Anytime it was sleek and straight,like in Season 3 it was for some eps.
Worst: When it was crimped or when she first turned into Jackie O..looked dumb.

Molly
Best: The short hair was cute when she first cut it.
Worst: The long wig was bad and the streaks sucked.

Ruby: Well she too was hard to tell a difference but I must give her thumbs up for when she came back in "The Last Summer Ever." It was shorter, sleek and sexy.

And I'd like to officially nominate Greg's first appearance as WORST HAIR EVER ON TV. I mean...WHAT WAS THAT?
I loved her hair in Season 1 and Seasons 3&4. It looks good both long curly and straight. I did not care for the short hair cut. If they had done a more flattering or update short cut it might have looked better. But I did not care for the style at all. I loved Scott S's hair in every season. I liked the longish look in the last part of Season 4 during the time episodes. I thought it was sexy and I also liked it short like at the being of Season 4. He has great hair.
I liked Ruby's hair a lot, and hated Scott Foley's. I thought in Season 3 he had a hair piece on. It probably looked the best to me in Season 2. Sometimes he had the flippy thing in the back and I did not care for it.
Megan's hair was always interesting and Elena's hair was good and one thing for sure you never knew what style it would be.
I think Scott S had the best hair outside of Keri.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:53 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by **Original Fanatic**

Curly: Loved it! It was so natural and gorgeous. She could wear it in a bun and she still looked amazing.
I love the look of long, curly hair. I'm jealous of people who have it.