Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-11-2009, 02:28 PM
Moderator Support Team

i am not a fan of those either. it was just the question of either posting the dislike for the couple and Vi here or have a sepearte thread. well I will think about it a bit more and then we will see.

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 12-11-2009, 02:41 PM
iKi
Passionate Fan

I just had an idea!! Which is probably more a stupid thing than anything else but here I go!
Since the problem seems to be the antistuff (me not very fond of antis either) what if the threat is actually created BUT NOT with the "anti" word or simila in its title, which is aggressive and despectful, but using words like "disagreement, disaproval, not mad keen on" or....I don't know, although technically the threat will be the same, but just would look more diplomatic

ok, just a suggestion ok?
Old 12-11-2009, 02:53 PM
Moderator Support Team

well we have the official appreciation threads here and the other threads ARE called Anti threads. I dont know if a thread that would .. kind of ... beat around the bush with the title would be okay but I can write a pm and ask

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 12-11-2009, 03:02 PM
iKi
Passionate Fan

ah, ok didn't know wasn't ours or yours to decide, sorry, well then it's just a funny comment oky? don't get in trouble because of asking
Old 12-11-2009, 03:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

hm.. for me that would make no difference. since only the name is changed but the same product would be in it.

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 12-11-2009, 04:59 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKi (View Post)
Mmmm I don't really think the child's been put in the show for shipping reasons....
Ok, it's true and obvious that a child in common is one of the strongest bond between individuals, even more if such individuals have romantic feelings for each other, but I don't think that's Lucas purpose, I mean, there is a Lucas storyline genuine by its own, the one related to Pete's fatherhood storyline, that's independent from the shipping stuff, IMO the kid is in the show more because of Pete/father reasons rather than Pete/Violet ones
I kinda mentioned it in the Pete/Lucas threat.... Pete felt he had passed that window, remember? he might've had a child in whatever casual way, but a child from the woman he loves, with the possibility of family floating in the air..... he wasn't counting on that in his life!! but he got it no searching for it, and preceeded by a certain feeling of affliction because of the "passed that window" thing, so... to me it fits well that Pete's fatherhood has a purpose on its own

Also there' the motherhood part I don't forget!!! when she's ready fo it, I think also there can be a Lucas-Violet storyline by its own, non related to any shipping.. But the Pete/fatherhood storyline/purpose seems to have more weight than the matherhood one, that's all
I agree with you, I believe that Lucas' existance is not for shipping reasons. But he does regardless of what else happens create an eternal bond between Violet and Pete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_hypnotoad (View Post)
but there is not just Lucas, they also give them flashback in the premiere, when they showed how they met... why they would do that, if not for shipping reasons?
Very true. I think the backstory given in the season premiere shows that they are not over and done with this pairing. It shows a bond from way back, shows how much impact she had on him already back then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Babble (View Post)
I mean Addie also did that with Noah. and they would have slept together if the wouldn't have been Madison's labour. but anyway. she didn't, but in a way they both did they same mistake!!
Very true, Addison was about to cross that line and would have if they hadn't been interrupted. And there were no recent traumas in her past to blame said behavior on (and I adore Addison, have so since her introduction on Grey's).
Old 12-11-2009, 05:53 PM
Moderator Support Team

you call being in love (which we got to know that Addison actually was) the same as being horny and scratching the itch? I mean you cant really compare Addie and Noah to Violet and the captain. Dont get me wrong.... I didnt like the storyline either. I dont like the cheating storyline no matter who is involved in it. As much as I love Addie I hated that storyline too. but she wasnt just horny and Noah wasnt just staring at her ass.

yes Addison almost made a mistake and maybe she would have went through with it if Morgan hadnt gone into labor.. maybe not.. we will never know.. but the point is .. SHE apologized and felt TERRIBLE after it and she DID the right thing after ALMOST making a mistake. she at least in the end got the difference between right or wrong.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 12-11-2009, 05:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

YES thank you Suz that is so true. And well let's not forget that Addison didn't know that Noah was married until later on. Violet knew from the start that he was Addison's married father and she knew him for no time at all before she decided to sleep with him because like you said she was horny and he liked her ass. I really don't see how that's the same as falling in love with the wrong person.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:25 PM
Extreme Fan

I don't believe that Addison loved Noah. How can anybody fall so deeply in love with anybody they met 2 or 3 times and they just exchanged a few words? As for Noah we don't even know his motives. Just because he said he loved Addison doesn't mean it's true. IMO all the time he lied to get to her pants. Sorry, but for me Noah was a total jerk. What kind of person goes to kiss another woman just a few hours after his wife and unborn child almost died? Even if Addison was really in love with him, that should open her eyes.

Sorry, but I can't see any real love in Addison/Noah storyline. Rather lies on Noah's side and naivety and self-pity on Addison's side.

For me those storylines are very similar and I can't see that much of a difference. Especially that Morgan was Addison's patient that life's was in danger. That was especially disgusting. Sorry, that's JMO.

The only good thing is that indeed Addison finally saw her mistake and felt sorry for it. But it took her some time. Why not give Violet the same chance? Maybe she will understand her mistake as well, when she finally will realize that she is not well and she needs help. Doesn't matter what she says, she is not normal yet. She went through so many horrible things, first rape and then crazy Katie. Addison never went through anything like that (at least we don't know anything about it).

And sorry, but I can't give Addison credit for not sleeping with Noah just because they were stopped by pager. And even if she stopped by herself (personally I don't believe she would) what they did already was also wrong. If I found my boyfriend making out with another woman I wouldn't care if he was going to stop or not before making the deed. I would kick his ass, period. For me, he would already cheat on me.

Before anybody say that I defend the Violet's storyline, no, I'm not. I hate it. I hate what they did with her character. I just disagree that she is the only person on this shows that does horrible things. But I can also see why she is like that. After last episode I can also see why Addison is so messed up when it comes to relationships. But her damages can't be even compared to what Violet went through.

For me no character is damned until the show is over. They all can redeem themselves. Addison started to show some growth and I'm pretty sure that some day Violet will recognize what she did as well.

Icon by ligeres
Old 12-11-2009, 10:42 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LullabyMe (View Post)
Before anybody say that I defend the Violet's storyline, no, I'm not. I hate it. I hate what they did with her character. I just disagree that she is the only person on this shows that does horrible things. But I can also see why she is like that. After last episode I can also see why Addison is so messed up when it comes to relationships. But her damages can't be even compared to what Violet went through.

For me no character is damned until the show is over. They all can redeem themselves. Addison started to show some growth and I'm pretty sure that some day Violet will recognize what she did as well.
You pretty much covered everything I was gonna say about Addison, except that I do believe she was in love with Noah (I just don't think that is any better excuse than Violet's trauma/loss of ability to feel).

It's not that I like what they are doing to Violet, but I can, like you, understand why she's like that. I don't defend the storyline, I defend her.
Old 12-12-2009, 02:20 AM
iKi
Passionate Fan

I agree in everything in the post

Just wanna add that maybe Addie thought that she was in love, well I am not that sure you can be in love with someone you hardly know, doesn't take falling in love a little longer? In my language what she felt might be - maybe might be - translated by kinf of "have a crash on", whatever, don't know the right word for what I'm trying to describe

The final line should become our slogan: "I don't say I agree or like it, but I defend her"
Old 12-12-2009, 04:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

I agree Lizzie.. first I still can't believe it was love.. but seoncd.. no matter if she loved him or not.. cheating is still cheating.. no matter for what reasons...

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 12-12-2009, 06:32 AM
Moderator Support Team

oy.. its cute how you can cover for violet cheating on TWO MEN at the same time while you bash Addison for kissing.

oh and in my opinion Father of co worker is more disgusting than pregnant patient.

Like I said, doesnt make cheating okay and I hated that storyline as much as you did but sometimes I have the feeling that the character you like the most can pass several things wihtout her fans admitting that its wrong

I know that what Addison did was wrong, and I didnt like that Shonda wrote that storyline in because I hate that she makes Addison the cheater time and time again.. but Violet did the SAME only with two men at the same time and then even slept with a guy she knew for hours. what disgusts me is not that she sleeps around, but that she is over 40 and should know better to at least use protection or at least care about the people around her.

and either you say that BOTH woman are somewhat guilty of their actions or none of them, right?

I really dont understand that.. you defend teh one because she is sick.. but you cant defend the other who was in love? dont get that one

and ever heard of love at first sight? doesnt happen often but it happens

Addison at least fought the feeling, while Violet didnt even think about it after just a few hours of knowing the captain.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 12-12-2009, 08:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Seriously come on. How can you say that what Violet did is okay when she actually slept with the Captain but bash Addie when she didn't go through with it?

I have to agree there. A co-worker's father is really gross. And she knew who he was right away, hell Addison introduced them.

I don't think cheating is okay either and it sucks that Shonda writes so many cheating storylines but at least Addison felt guilty for what happened between her and Noah. Violet went so much further and she didn't even feel bad about what she did.

I do believe that Noah and Addison were in love. Sometimes it doesn't take a LONG time for two people to fall in love.

And yes Addison really struggled with her feelings and in the end she let Noah go while Violet knew exactly what she was doing and went ahead with it, then told Addison how great it was.
Old 12-12-2009, 08:44 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addison Breathtakingly Beautiful (View Post)
oy.. its cute how you can cover for violet cheating on TWO MEN at the same time while you bash Addison for kissing.
1. I am *not* bashing Addison, that is not my intention at all, I love Addison.

2. Technically speaking Violet had not made a romantic commitment to either guy when she slept with both Pete and Sheldon. She had also specified to Pete that she didn't want more than the casual sex. If the argument had been it being in bad taste, or inconsiderate or something like that, then I would agree, but at the same time point out the social stigma that comes with a woman sleeping with more than one partner, compared to a man doing the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addison Breathtakingly Beautiful (View Post)
and either you say that BOTH woman are somewhat guilty of their actions or none of them, right?
Actually I am trying to equalize the two, not defend one and condemn the other, which is what I feel the main attitude on this thread has been. I am all in on the Addison love, but she has had her questionable behavior and should not be held up as a saint against the "monsterous" Violet. That's what I'm trying to say.

Last edited by smeagolkitten; 12-12-2009 at 08:58 AM