Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-10-2009, 06:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

I know what you mean Guro

hard time for us...

I totally agree.. they weren't together after the incident. maybe as long as Vilet was unconcious.. but before she gave Lucas to him, they definitely weren't anymore..

and what is most important in my opinion. doing something wrong is human. and therefore we have the grace to forgive. I think nobody is perfect and nobody says that what Violet did was tright.. still everybody needs another chance..

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 12-10-2009, 06:53 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKi (View Post)
wow, you guys been busy round here yesterday eh?
I love most of your points smeagol and Holly I am by your side in almost everything, couldn’t really express myself better than you do...
ok about the cheating issue.... there is the one thing I didn't mention before, just because I seem to have taken for granted that I think like this: were in fact Violet and Pete together when he looks for birds with Sheldon or later on when she slept with the captain? To me, they had been apart since before that, actually I don't consider they do have been together after the... ripping out thing.
They "were" because she chose him and went to live together but to me, they weren't really together. And if they were, it lasted very little. Even before she "gave" Lucas to him, they weren't being together. Loving each other? YES. Wanting to be ok and over the trauma? YES. But together? NOT in the very meaning of it.... it takes more than living physically under the same roof, or havin decided that you're in a relationship, to be together. It takes more than that

IMO, and I thoroughly mean it, their relationship ain't over because it has not quite started yet!! They do not have had the real chance to try and make it work out. The ripping out broke the natural rhythm of things.

So, since they "were" not together, there is no cheating. And even if there's been cheating so what, it's been ONCE. And circumstances are very special ones, can’t take the same way as would take it in a routine peaceful period of your life. And as Amy sais, it ain’t all black or white.
Everybody makes mistakes or just actions that are result of an unstable or depressed or traumatised temporary state of mind! So what, Violet did. It's no big deal, she didn't that wrong. She was raped years ago, she was ripped her baby out of her body, I don't dare to judge her because I can't possibly know what having suffered BOTH experiences means, but I do know, I still accept her actions, I like her, I defend her and I believe she is in her way struggling as best as she can in her situation.

Could do better, could do worse.

The same goes for Pete, he's had his trauma too although in a different level, and he tried to help her and be strong, he tried but hey, he is human, he looked for girls in a bar, he stepped away from Violet instead of trying harder how to help her or to understand her, he moved to another floor. He dropped out. Wittdraw. And I understand. And it’s ok. He was in a difficult position, did his best, suffered, and yet taking care of Lucas come what may.

I worship both, with their mistakes and weaknesses, and still their time has to come, when they're ready to give themselves the real chance, the one that counts, then I will be able to talk about cheating, failure and so on.... But till then, yes I still ship them

Wow. It took so long!!!
On this other forum I hang out on, there's an option to "green" a post if you want to give it recognition, and with this post I wish that was possible to do here, because I think this was a very eloquent post. Well said and I agree with you completely!
Old 12-10-2009, 07:34 AM
iKi
Passionate Fan

Wow. Thanx!! I'd like this threat not to be an eternal battlefield about Violet's actions and didn't wanna talk that much but I read your posts and realised how many things I still hadn’t said and felt damn inspired, so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Babble (View Post)
I totally agree....
(...) I think nobody is perfect and nobody says that what Violet did was tright.. still everybody needs another chance..
Thanx too!
And yes nobody is perfect and I don't think Violet's done something that can't be forbidden. If there's someone here who deserves burning in hell, that is Katie and no one else

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeagolkitten (View Post)
for those who are interested, I posted my fic

I wanna be happy
What if Violet didn't go home in 2x22?
Brutal. Love it!!! So lovely. Such a delightful reading. And love your style!!! You guys should give the fic a chance and read it, it’s bloody worthy!!! I’ve laughed a lot too!! I loved it I mean it!!

But of course!, I love this option for the bringing of Lucas to this world rather than the aired one Shonda ought to read and learn!!!!!! Is it that difficult to write nice events and happy days side by side with dramatic lines? I mean, I don’t know but as far as I'm concerned, good things happen in real life too! Shonda seems to not know the meaning of coexistence between cool stuff and drama, and hey, do they happen to find that getting the audience be pissed off most of the time is more rewarding than having people enjoying??? I mean, enjoying more and suffer less???

PS: btw thanx for the new video! don't know who the band is, sorry...

Last edited by iKi; 12-10-2009 at 07:41 AM
Old 12-10-2009, 09:19 AM
Moderator Support Team

well we have the possibility of Anti threads, but I have to admit that I am not really a fan of Anti threads since they sometimes get out of control but if you guys rather want to have your own space we can of course open an anti thread, but you have to know that in there.. people will most likely only talk bad stuff.. so I rather dont have an anti thread, but its up to you guys. just let me know

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 12-10-2009, 09:36 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKi (View Post)
Brutal. Love it!!! So lovely. Such a delightful reading. And love your style!!! You guys should give the fic a chance and read it, it’s bloody worthy!!! I’ve laughed a lot too!! I loved it I mean it!!

But of course!, I love this option for the bringing of Lucas to this world rather than the aired one Shonda ought to read and learn!!!!!! Is it that difficult to write nice events and happy days side by side with dramatic lines? I mean, I don’t know but as far as I'm concerned, good things happen in real life too! Shonda seems to not know the meaning of coexistence between cool stuff and drama, and hey, do they happen to find that getting the audience be pissed off most of the time is more rewarding than having people enjoying??? I mean, enjoying more and suffer less???
Thank you, I'm very glad to hear you liked it because I'm really happy with it. This was my very first attempt at writing anything PrP, as well as it was the very first time I did a fanfic in first person. I did write a brief story "The Last Journey" in first person before, but that was a brief story with no dialogue or interaction of any kind, it was just the point of view of one person at one specific situation, so I don't count it the same way I do "I wanna be happy".

I have to ask, though, what was so "brutal" about it? Or was the "brutal" directed at something else?

I agree with you that entertainment is at times too much focused on drama. That was one thing that I really loved about my other show Gilmore Girls, because it was show with depth, but (at least originally) it focused on other ways of telling a story and entertaining people than just adding drama and intrigues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addison Breathtakingly Beautiful (View Post)
well we have the possibility of Anti threads, but I have to admit that I am not really a fan of Anti threads since they sometimes get out of control but if you guys rather want to have your own space we can of course open an anti thread, but you have to know that in there.. people will most likely only talk bad stuff.. so I rather dont have an anti thread, but its up to you guys. just let me know
I am not asking for an anti-thread, just pointing out the reality that I can't go anywhere without hearing about how horrible Violet is atm, and to also have her and the V/P thread fill up with mostly the same type of coments, it can get a bit upsetting.

But my own sentiment on anti-threads is that while being focused on negative feelings they can have a real positive effect on people, which may seem strange. On other shows I have been part of anti-threads for certain characters/relationships and it has helped me vent my frustration over things happening in my shows that I strongly disagree with, and it has helped create a nice community feeling between myself and other people who feel the same way.

I think it's up to those upset with Violet and/or V/P whether or not to ask for an anti-thread. Because it would be a place for them, not for me and the (probably) very few who are still on Violet's side. From my experience as an anti, an anti-thread has been much help for me, because it gave me a place to go and voice my opinion without being afraid of upsetting people. At another forum where anti-threads were dissolved I ended up feeling homeless, because I didn't want to enter a place meant for appreciation of a certain character/ship and unload my negative feelings on the subject.

I'm a big girl and if the rest wants to stick to the one thread and not divide into pro/anti I will deal. But either way I really hope to see at least a little more positivity over here. My first time coming in here and reading the first thread from beginning to end I was surprised and mildly shocked to see the random one-liner "I don't like this ship" posts popping up and had I been someone else, maybe such posts would've discouraged me from posting. *shrugs* Some people enter a thread to find likeminded people and aren't interested in constantly having to defend their views, while others are more driven by the discussion than to constantly agree with everyone. Each to their own.

Last edited by smeagolkitten; 12-10-2009 at 09:58 AM
Old 12-10-2009, 10:07 AM
iKi
Passionate Fan

Oh. I hadn't thought about it. Ok, the point is that I am not vey mad keen on "antis", anticharacter, antithreats..... I just have one and only anti character in Lost, and very very exceptionally
I have no problem in people "insulting" a character I like, the "batlefield" word was written in an easy going way I swear, a smiling commentary nothing more. Because it's absolutely ok everybody giving their opinions And I see respect here everywhere.

I don’t know were I stand. Whatever the majority decides, it’ll be ok to me

EDIT: oh no, I didn't notice smeagol had writen while I was with the post response opened....!!

okey I guess it's a meaning thing, "BRUTAL" was supposed to mean...TERRIFIC!! GREAT!! AWESOME!!! something that surprises you nicely and also you damn enjoy a lot hahaha it's the way we use it in my mother language so.... choose whichever in the list you like the better

And I agree maybe the "antiposters" should decide if they want their own space, yeah maybe it'd be a good idea after all, cos, as my shipper fellow here says, it's a bit upseting....

Last edited by iKi; 12-10-2009 at 10:16 AM
Old 12-10-2009, 11:25 AM
Moderator Support Team

while I would love to have a thread where I could vent and tell everyone my frustrations, the reason that I dont like anti threads much is.. that sometimes it influences the board a little negatively. I dont want people to come and be like "why on earth do you have an anti thread, that is so rude" or something like that. I dont want to cause drama. but if it is okay with everyone who posts here including the co mod, then I am gladly opening one and we can keep the love for the couple in this thread and the .. well not love for the couple in the anti thread.

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 12-10-2009, 11:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I would like to have a place to vent too Suz

Quote:
hmm I dont think the point is in who left who, seriously. the point is that when you are togegther.. you stay together through the good AND the bad.

They got together because Violet was horny, and continued to sleep with each other, and in the same time Violet slept with another men. then she got pregnant and all the who is the daddy drama began in which she didnt care much about who she hurt and how it was making the guys feel.

then after that.. Pete opened up to her and told her about his feelings... Violet didnt want it.. and only when pete started to go out and she saw that.. she got jealous and suddenly wanted him for her own.

then they had a few cute scenes in the season 2 finale and then boom.

he left her.. she left him, what does it matter really? if they were teh good couple and parents you want them to be and are shipping.. they should have stayed together and faced t ragedy together. pete should have helped her through the thing with katie and lucas, and Violet should let him help her. (yes I know she is sick and cant control who and what she lets into her life but still, if she can sleep with another guy,.. she can also say yes to the men she supposedly loves)

they didnt do either of that

I really dont mean to offend anyone and I know what it is like to ship a certain couple and just ... WANT them together so badly. I just say Brucas in one three hill.. but gosh.. sometimes you just have to let it go and say at least that for now.. they are better of without each other, and honestly.. even if they would make a clean cut... I would still dont like them together because Violet wasnt even SORRY for what she did. if seh would have at least showed remorse.. if she would have at least showed that she still cared A LITTLE bit about going back together.. then I would gladly say "yes.. you guys have been right.. adn those two belong together" I dont ship either of those with someone else at the moment so I could do that.. I just .. cant see it. Violet is messed up and i cant stand her and her behavour.. and also pete .. as good intentions as he had.. wasnt with her through it all.. so... yeah..

end of rant

Completely agree with you here. As for me, they never really had a real relationship. It all started with sex and in the end Violet ended up sleeping with other guys. I just don't see anything between them at this point. Everything has been ruined and it just doesn't look like they have a future.

Last edited by SwanQueenLove; 12-10-2009 at 11:50 AM
Old 12-10-2009, 03:21 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
while I would love to have a thread where I could vent and tell everyone my frustrations, the reason that I dont like anti threads much is.. that sometimes it influences the board a little negatively. I dont want people to come and be like "why on earth do you have an anti thread, that is so rude" or something like that. I dont want to cause drama. but if it is okay with everyone who posts here including the co mod, then I am gladly opening one and we can keep the love for the couple in this thread and the .. well not love for the couple in the anti thread.
People can just as easily ask "why are you letting people talk that way about character x, that is so rude". Both having and not having anti threads can be interpreted negatively.

But like I said in my previous post, it should be up to potential users of said thread whether or not to open an anti-thread.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:35 PM
Extreme Fan

Honestly, I can't see any big difference between Violet and the Captain and Addison and Noah. Both guys are married, both marriages were already destroyed before an affair happened, Captain is friend's and coworker's father (a big "no go there" in my dictionary) and Noah was a patient's husband (another big "no go there"). And I hate both storylines equally. It's just Shonda's pattern. That's how her characters behave. None of them is safe. I'm pretty sure Sam & Addison will have an affair, then she will do something horrid with Naomi or Pete and others.

It seems that every time Shonda creates something good she can't resist and has to destroy it. She makes a good, interesting, hot couple and then either totally abandons it and pretends that storyline never existed (Pete & Addison) or tries to make one of them totally unlikable (Pete/Violet, Cooper/Charlotte) or just writes some cheating, never ending triangle or something like that.

I try not to judge Violet. It's hard to imagine what she went through (first horrible parents, then rape, than Katie cutting her open). I can't even imagine what must be going on in Violet's head. But the writing for this storyline becomes more and more frustrating. I liked the first few episodes and their portrayal of PTSD but now it looks like writers just try to drag this out because they have no idea what to do next. I'm not sure if Violet and Pete are meant to be together again or if it's the end of them and honestly I get the impression that writers are not sure what they want to do either.

Anyway, I don't like what they did with Violet's character but I also don't like the role they gave Pete in that storyline. I will never understand why he moved out and left Violet alone. I know it's because Sheldon told him that's the best he could do for Violet, but honestly, it was the stupidest advice Sheldon could come up with (BTW I laughed when Addison called him a bad therapist in the last episode. She was so right. Stupid Sheldon )

I really don't know where they are going with this storyline and this couple. It's a pity, because Pete & Violet have so much potential. At least actors got some scenes in which they could shine.

And where the hell is Lucas!?! Not that I want to see a baby every freaking episode, but it would be nice if they shown him once in a while.

Icon by ligeres
Old 12-11-2009, 03:56 AM
Loyal Fan

[QUOTE]It seems that every time Shonda creates something good she can't resist and has to destroy it. She makes a good, interesting, hot couple and then either totally abandons it and pretends that storyline never existed (Pete & Addison) or tries to make one of them totally unlikable (Pete/Violet, Cooper/Charlotte) or just writes some cheating, never ending triangle or something like that. /QUOTE]

that is how she works, it't twisted but we cannot do anything with it i got used to it...

i don't understand violet right now, she doesn't even regret, that she hurt somebody(addison and pete) and that is what i don't like about her. but maybe sometimes in the future she will

i still think at some point they will get back together, because why else would shonda made Pete daddy? why?
Old 12-11-2009, 08:40 AM
iKi
Passionate Fan

Mmmm I don't really think the child's been put in the show for shipping reasons....
Ok, it's true and obvious that a child in common is one of the strongest bond between individuals, even more if such individuals have romantic feelings for each other, but I don't think that's Lucas purpose, I mean, there is a Lucas storyline genuine by its own, the one related to Pete's fatherhood storyline, that's independent from the shipping stuff, IMO the kid is in the show more because of Pete/father reasons rather than Pete/Violet ones
I kinda mentioned it in the Pete/Lucas threat.... Pete felt he had passed that window, remember? he might've had a child in whatever casual way, but a child from the woman he loves, with the possibility of family floating in the air..... he wasn't counting on that in his life!! but he got it no searching for it, and preceeded by a certain feeling of affliction because of the "passed that window" thing, so... to me it fits well that Pete's fatherhood has a purpose on its own

Also there' the motherhood part I don't forget!!! when she's ready fo it, I think also there can be a Lucas-Violet storyline by its own, non related to any shipping.. But the Pete/fatherhood storyline/purpose seems to have more weight than the matherhood one, that's all

I'm sorry I'm not inspired, hope there' some sense in my words...

PS: BUT; of course, if the child's the bridge to their reunion!!, it's very ok to me!! I want'em together rather than apart!!! Naturally!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LullabyMe (View Post)
. It's a pity, because Pete & Violet have so much potential. At least actors got some scenes in which they could shine.

And where the hell is Lucas!?! Not that I want to see a baby every freaking episode, but it would be nice if they shown him once in a while.

yeah I agree they got so much potential, don't want shonda to keep on wasting it!! And they got quite cool chemistry, don't they?
every freaking episode I see your point, yeah would kill no one to have more Lucas' scenes... specially FUNNY Lucas' scenes

Last edited by iKi; 12-11-2009 at 08:55 AM
Old 12-11-2009, 01:20 PM
Loyal Fan

but there is not just Lucas, they also give them flashback in the premiere, when they showed how they met... why they would do that, if not for shipping reasons?
Old 12-11-2009, 01:30 PM
iKi
Passionate Fan

well yes in that point I absolutely agree!!
Old 12-11-2009, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LullabyMe (View Post)
Honestly, I can't see any big difference between Violet and the Captain and Addison and Noah. Both guys are married, both marriages were already destroyed before an affair happened, Captain is friend's and coworker's father (a big "no go there" in my dictionary) and Noah was a patient's husband (another big "no go there"). And I hate both storylines equally. It's just Shonda's pattern. That's how her characters behave. None of them is safe. I'm pretty sure Sam & Addison will have an affair, then she will do something horrid with Naomi or Pete and others.
thank you for that Lizzie.. I really loove Addie.. but there are in the meantime three things I absolutely hated.. but that belongs in another thread

but I think you're totally right!! I mean Addie also did that with Noah. and they would have slept together if the wouldn't have been Madison's labour. but anyway. she didn't, but in a way they both did they same mistake!!

About the anto threads.. I'm not a fan of those. but if you all think they're necessary.. I won't go there...

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©