Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-27-2009, 03:13 AM
Loyal Fan

I hope they will explain in the next episodes why the hell is violet sleeping with addy' father.
Old 11-27-2009, 04:19 AM
iKi
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeagolkitten (View Post)
(...)when the Addison/Pete flirtation was going on, she kept hinting for things to be more than casual and Pete was the one putting on the breaks, while with Violet, Pete was the one hinting for things to be more than casual In season 2 he's completely reevaluating his attitude towards relationships
yeah I completely agree!! I think he already started reevaluating when Violet "casually" mentioned the words “child... father”... at is office without saying a word about her pregnancy, he said he'd passed that window but at the moment it seemed to me like he wished he had had a chance for fatherhood, because when he said "I am too selfish it doesn't fit to me" look like he was only saying so to convince himself that it was better not to have had a son, sort of cheering himself up about that...
I don't mean he started reevaluating about relationships, but about his life...
Something hit him deep inside!

He might have a sun eventually that's easy to "be done" but the “passed that window” seemed to be referring to "child+family", and since forming a family committing to someone and for real, is not something you do lightheartedly, well then when she mentions she's pregnant, child becomes possible, and when he acknowledges he is the father, child+family becomes reality It’s been a process we’ve seen that And we want a fairytale happy ending for Pete!!

evil: hopefully we'll have answers next week, 2 episodes will be aired LEt's stay positive
Old 12-01-2009, 02:16 PM
Absolute Fan

Enjoying rewatching PrP parsing it for Violet/Pete subtext Let's see what I have so far on season 2... Violet asks Pete if he wants to come with her to Zanzibar, and then the defatilator incident where Pete can't help but touch her ass

ETA: And then we have Pete kissing Violet on the head in episode 2x04

Last edited by smeagolkitten; 12-01-2009 at 03:17 PM
Old 12-01-2009, 03:19 PM
iKi
Passionate Fan

hahahahahaha the defatilator incident where Pete can't help but touch her ass
come ooooon that was fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!! a totally delightful moment!! and what about Pete's face???? What about that!!! to dye for!! have no words, his face his reaction, his whole attitude was so funny and just.... delightful!!, showing surprise and hesitation and shyness and... I don't know, he looked like a ten year old kid didn't he? Tim was supreme man!!
well she was pretty funny too but, Pete was the real star in the scene

EDIT:
I forgot to say I recalled about it later on, Violet said something like, "my ass is ten yeas younger than the rest of my body" she really praised her bottom so much!!!
cool babe, she rules, they rule!!

Last edited by iKi; 12-02-2009 at 01:58 AM
Old 12-03-2009, 12:10 PM
Absolute Fan

I've just completely rewatched PrP through ep 2x22, remembering the good ol' days. As a result I made a Violet/Pete layout for my website and for my twitter.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

aww.. I specially love your twitter layout

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 12-03-2009, 05:57 PM
Absolute Fan

Thank you, I did make a version with a larger picture.

Let me know if you want a version without the sparkly
Old 12-03-2009, 06:41 PM
Extreme Fan

It looks really great. And I like the sparkly heart

Icon by ligeres

Last edited by LullabyMe; 12-03-2009 at 07:21 PM
Old 12-04-2009, 11:51 AM
Absolute Fan

Okay, so, from the promos I thought these eps would be the final nail in the coffin, but after watching almost all the way through the second episode... I actually still believe there is a chance. I think I got what Amy meant when she said what she said on twitter.

I'm probably one of very few here and I'm okay with that, but I think I get it. I think I get where Shonda wants to go with this.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:00 PM
iKi
Passionate Fan

Hey, I stand by your side

Ok, I do like him saying "I'm done" , yes I do, he needed to do that!! he's fought indeed, suffered too much, he needs a break!!
Now it's time for her to find her way. But it doesn't mean I give up

Let's see.... kitchen... "not my bab... not our bab.... not LUCAS!!
ok, maybe he said "son", not "baby", but doesn't matter, loved the detail!!

I don't give up on her either, as a matter of fact It's kind of logical that she searched some normality away from what she's more attached to, and Pete belongs to this category, sometimes you gotta make a step back to see a biggest picture, sometimes a "foreigner" will help you better than those closer to you.

So, still there is hope. I have faith

Lovely banner....
Old 12-07-2009, 04:41 PM
Absolute Fan

Just quoting something I said over at "Life is not ass-fat!" Just my perspective on Violet nowadays. I feel others have covered the other characters' perspective, but so far no one has covered hers, so while this might become a very unpopular optinion, I'm gonna speak up for Violet:

Quote:
I really, really thought I'd outright hate the thing with the Captain, but I think I get it. I might not agree with her actions or like it, but I get it. I think the part that made me get it was the whole thing about her scar, which I partly interpreted as her being out of sync with everyone, Pete included, cause either they do one of two things, either they treat her as someone who's damaged, or they forget that she is damaged and expect her to be her old self again. And it's hard to fault any of them (like so many PrP fans are faulting Violet nowadays). They were there, they saw what had happened to Violet, they saw the damage, but at the same time, they weren't there. They didn't see her scared and alone, trying to talk Katie out of doing what she was going to do and then eventually give up and tell Katie what she needed to know so that at least the baby would survive...

The way I interpret the thing with the captain is that he was someone who didn't have preconceptions about her situation (he had no idea until she mentioned it), nor did he have any expectations, it was all simple. He found her attractive, let her know and it was sex without strings. He made her feel like a woman, just a woman. Not a victim, or a mother, or anything else.

I want to go out on a limb and say that the month between ep 3x01 and 3x02, Pete probably was the perfect gentleman. He took care of Lucas, comforted her, as well as coaxing her to go back into the world. I kinda doubt there were much intimacies between them in that time, least of all sex, which is understandable. Pete probably wanted to give her the time she needed to heal, but at the same time I don't think that made Violet feel very desired. With the way she talked about her scar it seems like she feels tainted by it, felt like the scar made her no longer a whole woman.

It would be impossible for her to start up things simple with Pete, because her and Pete have become complicated by feelings and Lucas. She can't 'come back to him' until she is ready to take on a full commitment to both, something she was prepared to do pre Katie, but isn't at at this point. So she went with what felt simple, which woke up a part of her that had been dormant since before Lucas.

So I see the Violet/Captain thing as a stepping stone for Violet, she's starting to reconnect to herself, which is what she needs to heal, to 'come back to Pete'.

And I see the Pete/Heather scene as a sign that while he may say that he's done, he's not. He still loves her, and I think that in the end, he will be there when the day happens that she's ready to come back.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:52 PM
iKi
Passionate Fan

Yeap. Taking advantatge of someone who speaks way much better English than I do I'll simply say:
COULDN'T AGREE MORE. From the very first word till the very last one!!

Actually the captain put it very well when he said (something like) "People can't understand you (...) now you've got the right to do whatever it is you wanna do..." Perfect words. Her face was just full of light for some secs!!

I just want to add, Pete's "I'm done" is also a way of self-preservation. Whatever it's called... Good for him. Both need to make steps by their own, alone

Last edited by iKi; 12-07-2009 at 05:03 PM
Old 12-07-2009, 05:34 PM
Moderator Support Team

I really dont want to offend anyone and its not that I ship Pete with someone else right now .. but .. do you really still want pete with Violet after what she has done to him. Dont you rather want to find someone for Pete who is actually good for him and makes him happy?

I am not saying that Pete wasnt happy with Violet but WAS is the keyword here. Right now she can barely take care of herself and I dont think seh would be good for pete. and dont we want Pete to actually have someone good?

Pete is a good guy and I think that as long as Violet doesnt figure out whats right and what is wrong.. she is not the person for him

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Last edited by Imzadi; 12-07-2009 at 05:48 PM
Old 12-07-2009, 05:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I really have a hard time understanding this as well Honestly if Pete takes her back after this then I'm going to lose respect for him. She just hurts him and ignored him again and again and again. I was glad to see him man up a bit and tell her that he doesn't care anymore.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:57 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addison Breathtakingly Beautiful (View Post)
I really dont want to offend anyone and its not that I ship Pete with someone else right now .. but .. do you really still want pete with Violet after what she has done to him. Dont you rather want to find someone for Pete who is actually good for him and makes him happy?

I am not saying that Pete wasnt happy with Violet but WAS is the keyword here. Right now she can barely take care of herself and I dont think seh would be good for pete. and dont we want Pete to actually have someone good?

Pete is a good guy and I think that as long as Violet doesnt figure out whats right and what is wrong.. she is not the person for him
Would you still say this if she was physically ill instead of having PTSD?

Yes, I still want them together. Not a sudden, unrealistic reunion, things needs to be worked out, Violet needs to heal mentally as she has done physically. Down the line I still want them to find their way back to one another.