Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-12-2009, 09:00 AM
Moderator Support Team

ASh - glad you agree. and yes you make some good points there violet knew beforehand what she got herself into.. while Addison only found out after I think it was 2 months alter.. they had two time jumps right?

Guru - 1. I didnt mean you I meant in general, sorry if it came of that way.

2. but the guys DIDNT KNOW that she had sex with both of them. thats the point. Both guys thought that maybe it could lead to something more, Sheldon fell clearly in love and so did pete. and just so that we get it right.. i also dont like it when a man does it. I do NOt think that when a men does it its cool and when a woman does it she is a ****. thats NOT what I think. both should be seen as the same.

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 12-12-2009, 09:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Suz - Thank you And Yes there were two time jumps. So by the time she actually found out that he was married, they already had feelings for each other. I know that still doesn't make it okay but I can understand it more given that she didn't know from the start.

And yes it seemed like both guys thought it could go somewhere and they were both hurt when she finally told them she'd been having sex with both of them.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:08 AM
Extreme Fan

I'm not defending Violet and bashing Addison. I said that both of them did wrong but I can understand why they are that way. So I'm "bashing" and "defending" both of them in the same time

Yep, co-workers father is more disgusting than patient's husband, the problem is, that Morgan was a high-risk patient, that already had a few miscarriages and almost died. Addison and Noah never thought that the stress could kill her and her unborn baby if she found out the truth? They could wait at least until she gave birth and both her and the baby were safe. Then Noah could divorce her and be with Addison. It's not that they had to wait for that long.

I don't defend Violet's actions because she is my favorite character, she never was. I like Pete, Charlotte and Naomi much more. I think I like Addison much more than Violet.
Quote:
and either you say that BOTH woman are somewhat guilty of their actions or none of them, right?
I think that's exactly what I said, didn't I?

Like I said, I don't like what both women did, but I get why it happened. Both have reasons to be damaged. The difference is that Addison is able to feel, so she was able to feel sorry immediately and we saw it. Part of Violet's sickness is that she can't feel or that her feelings are totally twisted, so I guess it will take a lot of time before she will feel remorse. Addison/Noah storyline is the past, so we already seen how it ended. Violet's PTSD storyline is not finished yet, we don't know how it will end. Maybe she will feel sorry, maybe not, I don't know. I'm waiting until it's finished.

Sorry, I don't believe in love at first sight. Infatuation at first sight - yes, but not love. But even if it was love, why is it better excuse than rape and torture?
I believe that rape was the reason of all Violet's actions. Remember she had two abortions already, so I guess she acted similar way like with Pete and Sheldon before. My guess is that she never got better emotionally after the rape, she was just hiding it. I wonder, maybe that's why her relationship with Alan (that's his name?) didn't work.

To summarize, I don't want to bash or defend anybody, never was my intention. After all, they are just fictional characters. I rather try to understand why they are the way they are. I'm not looking for excuses, rather explanations, I think that's the better word.

Icon by ligeres
Old 12-12-2009, 10:33 AM
Moderator Support Team

I was answering to all the posts that had been made in the meantime and mayne to some before that so I didnt talk to anyone specifically.

yes Lullabyme, I guess you said exactly that but there were also people that didnt and i was just responding to that.

m point is just that a sickness is not defending everything you do. certain things yes.. but from a certain point it looks like you are like "hey.. i am sick.. I can do that.. " and I dont like that. and to be perfectly honest.. I thought that after the trial with Katie and teh court thing ... the storyline was moving on.. sure Violet is not back to her game yet, I think we all agree on that.. but i think that hurting Pete.. .. is something that she didnt have to do if she hadnt thought about herself for just one single second.

you always say she cant feel... well she sure feels when she is horny and she sure feels when people are attracted to her and she sure feels the itch that needs scratching. I think she DOES feel.. but just everxthing that is about her and she needs to relearn to think about other people too

and the rape thing happened a long time ago and I dont think we can blame everything she did before the katie thing on that she has beeing raped.

sometimes.. there arent even explanations. I couldnt really explain why Addison after telling noah off, landed with him on the couch.. and I cant explain why Violet after sleeping with two guys and getting pregnant and hurting them both in the process has to continue to hurt people. I guess sometimes I just cant explain the things,.. no matter how hard I try

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 12-12-2009, 10:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
you always say she cant feel... well she sure feels when she is horny and she sure feels when people are attracted to her and she sure feels the itch that needs scratching. I think she DOES feel.. but just everxthing that is about her and she needs to relearn to think about other people too
Love the point you made here Clearly she does feel some thing but they are all about her and that needs to change or she will destroy all of her relationships romantic and otherwise.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:58 AM
iKi
Passionate Fan

this is Pete/Violet shippers threat, not Violet's or anything else
Old 12-12-2009, 11:19 AM
Moderator Support Team

i dont know who brought the noah addie storyline up but i think it was a comparson to Violet and pete and I know that people have been saying something about violet too in this thread but well she is one of the people this thread is about and yes the main discussion should be about them but I dont think we should be too strict about the discussions here.. but it shouldnt get out of hand either

so main topic.. violet and pete

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 12-12-2009, 12:09 PM
Extreme Fan

Ah, OK, I wasn't sure to whom you responded, so I wanted to explain my thoughts better.

I also thought that the story would moved on differently after the first few episodes (that were excellent IMO), but well, apparently not.

It seems that indeed Violet's ability to feel is very limited to just the basic instincts. I think that's pretty accurate portrayal of a person with severe depression, actually.

I'm not sure if rape is the reason for her behavior, it never was said on the show, that's just my guess. One of the reasons why rape is considered one of the worst crimes against human being ever is because it can destroy someone's life forever, it just kills the victim's soul and they have to deal with the emotional and psychological repercussions of it even many years later.

I hope that writers will give some more explanations and insight into what Violet's really thinking or feeling in the upcoming episodes. It's about time. E.g. I would like to know what she really feels for Pete. She said that she loves him in the second season finale, but we never had a chance to see more of them. Would they make it if Katie didn't attack Violet? Did Violet say it because she really loved him or because he made her feel good and happy and he was the potential father of her child, so it was her safe choice?

Icon by ligeres
Old 12-12-2009, 01:13 PM
iKi
Passionate Fan

I agree well said

ok but let me say... so you're such a dreameeeeeeer but dreaming is for free, ain't it???? so, I hope with all my heart that Shonda will be so marvellous to answer all the questions, to give explanations an reasons, to just well, reveil all what's missing in the script!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addison Breathtakingly Beautiful (View Post)
I dont think we should be too strict about the discussions here.. but it shouldnt get out of hand either
not too strict, of course, sorry I just for a moment felt sad, it's Pete's and Addies appretiation threat and well, it's ok not to create anties I agreed on that, but not creating doesn't mean harm can't be done, and well, I don't know, for a moment it didn't seem to me that purpose of the threat was being respected,, please don't take the crying icons absolutely seriously, was just showing upset at the moment

Quote:
so main topic.. violet and pete
THANX

Last edited by iKi; 12-12-2009 at 01:31 PM
Old 12-12-2009, 04:57 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LullabyMe (View Post)
It seems that indeed Violet's ability to feel is very limited to just the basic instincts. I think that's pretty accurate portrayal of a person with severe depression, actually.

I'm not sure if rape is the reason for her behavior, it never was said on the show, that's just my guess. One of the reasons why rape is considered one of the worst crimes against human being ever is because it can destroy someone's life forever, it just kills the victim's soul and they have to deal with the emotional and psychological repercussions of it even many years later.
I like what you said here.

ETA: *giggles* I just generated a TweetCloud for all of the tweets I've made this past month (which is all 173 of'em) and my three most used words were: "Violet", "Pete" and "Vote"...

Last edited by smeagolkitten; 12-13-2009 at 09:37 PM
Old 12-13-2009, 11:49 PM
iKi
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeagolkitten (View Post)
and my three most used words were: "Violet", "Pete" and "Vote"...
cool wonder what goes on in your head, what you use to be thinking of.....?
Just kidding, don't know why the "vote" one, but it's ok, the "Pete" and "Violet" ones are those I understand, hey those make 2 out of the 3 more used words!! clap
Old 12-14-2009, 07:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Guro.. that's funny.. you really love the couple don't you??

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 12-14-2009, 07:43 AM
Moderator Support Team

well i am certainly excitet IF and what explanations they give and how this is all going to continue, maybe they will change my mind too who knows.. I just think.. if this would happen to anyone in real life and not just fictional characters we would react differently of course

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 12-14-2009, 12:26 PM
iKi
Passionate Fan

Quote:
if this would happen to anyone in real life and not just fictional characters we would react differently of course
I don't fully understand 100%, missing something, language's disadvantage, but for the first, eiii so glad to know you feel that excited!! One thing's for sure, this storyline leaves no one indifferent, on the contrary, everybody damn intrigued, what will be next????? yeah shonda does know how to keep the atmosphere tense and thrilling eh?
Old 12-16-2009, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree, I think if it had happened to real people and not fictional characters it would have been different. We'll see what happens next with these two but honestly I can't see it going anywhere with the way things are now.