Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-24-2009, 05:06 AM
iKi
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeagolkitten (View Post)
Maybe I am watching this with shipper-colored glasses, but I like seeing small hints like that
Haha what's wrong with that? Yeah I do kinda the same
I do feel so often how I seem to be loosing my faith in this couple, but then I enter here and just reading you guys arose new hope in me! Like the video has done, it's so damn emotive!!, dude how I wish Pete and Violet had their chance at last pleaseeeeeee
Old 11-24-2009, 12:36 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKi (View Post)
Haha what's wrong with that? Yeah I do kinda the same
Nothing wrong with it, that's the most fun part about watching, parsing it for subtext

Quote:
I do feel so often how I seem to be loosing my faith in this couple, but then I enter here and just reading you guys arose new hope in me!
That's the way it works, hon. I've been part of oh so many shipper communities, both those who got the good story and the ones that got the bad. In one of them the ship in question (my avatar, btw) just got an almost kiss (or they filmed a kiss, but then the avocate for the other party of the "triangle of doom" cried loud enough for them to cut it, not even release it as a deleted scene). In the end they paired the girl up with a guy which makes Sheldon look like the catch of the millennia.

What kept me going, despite knowing the ship would never happen was the community, my fellow shippers who took turns making stories and videos, manips that made it look like the two were a pair, and so on.

At least here, despite things looking incredibly grim, there is a chance Which makes me hopeful that things will work out in the end.

Quote:
Like the video has done, it's so damn emotive!!, dude how I wish Pete and Violet had their chance at last pleaseeeeeee
I wish the same, but the show ain't over yet, so *crosses fingers*
Old 11-24-2009, 01:13 PM
iKi
Passionate Fan

yeah we see what we wanna see!! beauty is in the eye of the beholder, hug?

ah okey that must've been just a lapse of mine when using the verb tense, I meant to say "I wish Pete and Violet HAVE their chance", or..... whatever Sure, not finished yet sorry. My fault

the ship's story you talk about, man that sucked, didn't it? :At least we do have had more than just cut-scenes-not-included-in-the-deleted ones But, I want more than what we've had!!!! Seriously!! 3 days left - to me - to watch the next chapter.... the sooner the Violet-captain plot starts, the sooner it will fu**ing end, which is great (ending is great, the plot, of course, a real bummer)

Will we see her acknowledging her feelings for Pete before the Xmas break???? uff, it'll be hard if we gotta wait til NEXT YEARRRRRR
Old 11-24-2009, 03:01 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
the ship's story you talk about, man that sucked, didn't it? :At least we do have had more than just cut-scenes-not-included-in-the-deleted ones But, I want more than what we've had!!!! Seriously!! 3 days left - to me - to watch the next chapter.... the sooner the Violet-captain plot starts, the sooner it will fu**ing end, which is great (ending is great, the plot, of course, a real bummer)
Isn't the next episode airing 3rd December?

And yeah, that did suck. I'm currently writing on a pretty long fic for that ship.

Quote:
Will we see her acknowledging her feelings for Pete before the Xmas break???? uff, it'll be hard if we gotta wait til NEXT YEARRRRRR
The realist in me would vote 'no', they have been pretty set on taking their time with Violet's arc, and I think she still has things she needs to deal with before going there. I think they will slowly progress towards the reunion. They did the big gestures last season, but this particular situation would not so easily be settled with a grand gesture or an epiphany. I think it needs to progress slowly.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:37 PM
iKi
Passionate Fan

oh no, yes you're right! I forgot I'm just way abscent-minded that's all yeah 2 episodes airing 3Dec, about 10 days left then. ufff...

I quite agree, it will probably be slow.... zzzzzz I don't know, maybe the most important thing is to solve her problems on feeling something for Lucas, she don't feel not even just a tiny little insignificant thing, her own son her own blood. BUT well maybe Pete happens to be the only one capable of helping her with that...
Yeah she might be approaching Pete first, I don't think he will make a next move, I think it'll be her, or, at least, I'd like it better
Old 11-24-2009, 05:04 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
oh no, yes you're right! I forgot I'm just way abscent-minded that's all yeah 2 episodes airing 3Dec, about 10 days left then. ufff...

I quite agree, it will probably be slow.... zzzzzz I don't know, maybe the most important thing is to solve her problems on feeling something for Lucas, she don't feel not even just a tiny little insignificant thing, her own son her own blood. BUT well maybe Pete happens to be the only one capable of helping her with that...
Yeah she might be approaching Pete first, I don't think he will make a next move, I think it'll be her, or, at least, I'd like it better
First thing Violet needs is to regain her ability to feel, make a connection. Right now she's so shut off from everyone. And I think first and foremost it will be about connecting to Lucas, I think the Violet-Pete reunion most likely will be them bonding again through Lucas, that's my guess. And if done right, that doesn't have to be all zzzz, you know.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think so too.. first I think it's important that she reconnects with Lucas.. then it's possible to think about Pete..

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 11-25-2009, 05:06 AM
iKi
Passionate Fan

yep, connecting with Lucas is the most important thing, maybe I didn't make myself clear, I meant, that it might be easier to recover feelings for Pete, than for Lucas, precisely for the huge emotional load Lucas involves....
whatever, hope they do it well. maybe you guys are right, she'll first connect to her son, and it will lead to the so very much expected reunion
Old 11-25-2009, 07:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

ah.. I haven't thought this way.. you're right.. maybe it would be easier to reconnect with Pete first, because he wouldn't remind her of the pain Katy put her through.. hmm.. I don't really know.. I cannot imagine what Violet goes through..

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 11-25-2009, 10:29 AM
Loyal Fan

I really don't know what to think about them these days...they don't even talk with each other, i can't help but it's weird, and after i saw the promo i'm starting loose hope in this two
Old 11-25-2009, 12:31 PM
iKi
Passionate Fan

Ooooh no that's too bad!! hey, Pete moved downstairs, didn't he? I mean, looks like, they'll be joining them eventually, 'cos if nothing was about to happen, why bothering? call me dreamer but, I believe so I mean, somehow the plot is kind of going on, having Pete move to another floor, it IS a movement, he giving space and distance to her and also to himself, kind of, they separate so that they can come together when time's right
Old 11-25-2009, 01:30 PM
Loyal Fan

well i will hope that in next episodes Violet will finally WAKE UP!
Old 11-25-2009, 01:43 PM
Absolute Fan

I have been in impossible shipper situations before and I always keep up hope, even in the darkest times. I've had characters completely change personality without a plausible explanation except a crappy new writing staff and a new showrunner not respecting where the character came from.

With Violet, it's a whole different thing, she *is* going through something terrible, she's damaged and what she is going through real people are going through every day. Do I like the direction it looks like it's taking right now? No, but then again I didn't like the dark direction Derek took in GA season 5 either, but then Shonda's story played out fully and I got it and it lead to a really beautiful moment that I'll continue to treasure.

When I have the full story, then I will fully be able to comment on it, the good, the bad and the ugly.
Old 11-26-2009, 09:56 AM
Loyal Fan

It's really hard to stay optimistic but i'm trying and really curious how this storyline ends.
Old 11-26-2009, 06:28 PM
Absolute Fan

While I was packing I had fun watching season 1, parsing it for Violet/Pete hints, and gotta admit it fun how when the Addison/Pete flirtation was going on, she kept hinting for things to be more than casual and Pete was the one putting on the breaks, while with Violet, Pete was the one hinting for things to be more than casual In season 2 he's completely reevaluating his attitude towards relationships