Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-17-2004, 01:05 PM
Ultimate Fan

Ellevee , I'm recording the show tonight. If you like, I can burn it on a cd for you and mail it to you.

Thanks for the article..that's cute!

junkie | LG fanlisting | My babies | Life's a Bitch

The Seeress of the High Desert
Old 06-17-2004, 02:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Ellevee
You know what really, really sucks? Having Bravo but not the Celebrity Poker Showdown. Apparently, Bravo Canada does not have the rights to that program. Worse, not a single network on Rogers cable nor any Canadian channel carries it either. Sucky, thereby I'll have to live vicariously through you lucky ones.
I feel your pain. My cable has Bravo but my cable sucks and it's extremly fuzzy so because it's fuzzed out - you can't even hear it or see it.

-*- Journal || LG Media Alerts -*-
Old 06-17-2004, 04:51 PM
Master Fan

Let me just tell ya'll how life works for a person like me. I'll anticipate something for literally months and then the night of said exciting event, the channel I've been watching for years with zero complication completely blanks out one hour before said show.

Excuse me while I go cry into my pillow.

Last edited by A. B. Normal; 06-17-2004 at 04:59 PM
Old 06-17-2004, 04:58 PM
Master Fan

Are you saying what I think you're saying, Lex ? Is it true or are you just anticipating the awful news? Well, it will be repeated, right? The West Wing is on right now, and I'm leaving it on Bravo just to be safe.
Old 06-17-2004, 05:00 PM
Master Fan

Okay, I finished writing that post, laid down on my bed resigned to read Henry James, sniffled and turned around to see the blue screen turn to static, then tiny pixels showed up...and I've never been so happy to see Richard Schiff on my screen. Yes Curly the West Wing is on, and I'll be watching Bravo for the next hour praying.

That's also how my life works. Unwarrented panic followed by extreme relief...because I'm a certified drama queen. Crossing my fingers it stays on the rest of the night.
Old 06-17-2004, 05:11 PM
Master Fan

Well, good. I like it when we all can view a Lauren program at the same time and then we can comment on it afterwards. I hope she wins. Does the money go to charity or what's the deal? (no pun intended)

I remember last year on the night of the season 3 premiere, the electricity had been out for hours and I was panicking at 7:00 pm that I wouldn't have power. I was freaking out that I would miss GG, and I knew no one who could tape it for me. The power came back on about ten minutes later. So, I do understand your panic.

Actual clip from the episode tonight. Mostly Mathhew Perry.

http://www.bravotv.com/Celebrity_Pok...t2_game4.shtml

Last edited by curlyhead; 06-17-2004 at 05:35 PM
Old 06-17-2004, 05:55 PM
Master Fan

Bravo's working, and I'm not watching the clip. Spoilers, eh, it's on in 10 minutes anyway.

Yes, they play for the charity of their choice, and Lauren's is a great one: Revlon/UCLA Women's Cancer Research Program. There's actually a segment during the show where the star talks about their charity. Every player gets at least $5000 for their charity.
Old 06-17-2004, 06:48 PM
Obsessed Fan

Soooooososo crushing on Lauren during this game. Loved her turn to tell how she was going to play and what charity she was playing for. I love giggly Lauren.
this a prince song. the lyrics don't make much sense, but then again, neither does prince, does he? little man, symbol man, little ass, lots of women. he's like an elf - a sex elf, making fudgy sex cookies.

Matt Nathanson
Old 06-17-2004, 06:53 PM
New Fan

I tried to download the commercial clip but I keep getting the error message that there is no such file available...is it still available?
Old 06-17-2004, 07:18 PM
Master Fan

Oh, dudes, I just did my first nervous pace. I had to watch from another room. She's so freaking aggressive! Which I guess is good since she's now the chip leader. I love it.
Old 06-17-2004, 07:33 PM
Extreme Fan

I'm thoroughly enjoying Lauren as the chip leader. She's kicking a$$!
Old 06-17-2004, 08:01 PM
Obsessed Fan

Woooooooooooo! That was so much fun!! Now we get MORE Lauren!!

Was so cute how she kept asking about Chris and mingling with audience. My fave parts were her little turns in the conversation booth or whatever. Hope to see those parts online.

Anyone else thrilled that Sean lost it in the first hand??? Used to love that boy until I watched the LotR EE commentaries with him. ANNOYS me to no end with his blabbity blab.
this a prince song. the lyrics don't make much sense, but then again, neither does prince, does he? little man, symbol man, little ass, lots of women. he's like an elf - a sex elf, making fudgy sex cookies.

Matt Nathanson
Old 06-17-2004, 08:02 PM
Extreme Fan

She won! I honestly wasn't expecting this! I was nervous all through the last few rounds cause' the momentum can change pretty easily but Lauren stood her ground. Bravo!! More Lauren!
Old 06-17-2004, 08:03 PM
Master Fan

HOLY. ****.

We were forcing ourselves to be pessimistic, and it worked. Go Lauren. We get another show, screw the Emmy's, this is like Christmas! A whole new show for the winner's tournament. I'm so pumped.
Old 06-17-2004, 08:04 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by A. B. Normal
We get another show, screw the Emmy's, this is like Christmas!

Ditto this! Screw the Emmy's!