Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-14-2004, 04:06 AM
Master Fan

Dudes, I think I found out how Lauren kicked ass at Texas Hold 'Em. You know, besides her girlish charm and street smarts. Methinks her private sessions weren't just with Phil Gordon.

Quote:
Q&A with Judy Greer

I was watching Bravo's Celebrity Poker Showdown the other night.

JG: Oh no.

And noticed you were one of the contenders. When did you learn to play poker and how did you get so good?

JG: I wouldn't say I'm very good, but it's nice of you to say that. My friend Sean Gunn, he's on the Gilmore Girls and he's a poker genius. He taught me and we had a one-month crash course because I did not want to do it and he was like, 'You have to do it.' Then I really wanted to do it because it was for charity and one of the executive producers is Joshua Malina. We're friends and I wanted to support a charity and I wanted to hang out with the guys from Arrested Development which was so much fun. So I guess I learned quickly. But you know, everyone's playing poker now. It's a pretty good thing to know how to do.

It's the new trend.

JG: Absolutely. It's so trendy. I couldn't even believe it when I was at the airport yesterday and the bookstore had a whole display of poker books…at the airport bookstore? S**t, it's hittin' hard.

No kidding.

JG: It went from like yoga to kabbahlah to poker.
By the way, I think Lauren might have recommended Sean to Matthew Perry, because he won Celebrity Poker on this week's premiere of the new season!

Last edited by A. B. Normal; 10-14-2004 at 04:12 AM
Old 10-14-2004, 07:32 AM
Moderator Support Team

uh thanks for the info

Sean won? wow great

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 10-14-2004, 11:50 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Lorelai Obsessed
uh thanks for the info

Sean won? wow great
You're welcome. And Matt won, not Sean. Sean never played, he's just a poker genius.
Old 10-14-2004, 12:48 PM
Moderator Support Team

ahhhh ok ..then yay for matt

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 10-14-2004, 03:29 PM
Ultimate Fan

Yay for Matt!

That's cute that Lauren made such a great impression on Phil. I think Lauren is one of those girls that guys usually fall over themselves for. It's adorable.

Ahh, and we now know where Lauren may have gotten her extra tutoring from!

junkie | LG fanlisting | My babies | Life's a Bitch

The Seeress of the High Desert
Old 10-14-2004, 04:24 PM
Dedicated Fan

Wow. Sean Gunn: Poker Extraordinaire. Who would've thought? Not me. Especially since I only know him as Kirk. If I saw him in the street I'd be all, "ooh, there's Kirk." 'Cause he's Kirk, y'know.

On Matthew Perry's win, Phil said during the show that he favored him to win because he invited him to his birthday party. I wonder if that party included other people (such as blue eyed brunettes) that've won the Poker Showdown.

Old 10-15-2004, 12:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

Matt won? cool! And Sean is a poker genius? He should be playing now!

By the way, for all fellow Canadians, someone is FINALLY airing Celebrity Poker Showdown here in Canada - StarTV! Monday nights at 8 or 9pm ET. Unfortunately they aired the last game before the final for Season 3 (where Seth Meyers wins). So ticked since I have never seen this on this channel before, and where is my Season 2????
Old 10-20-2004, 04:20 PM
Master Fan

Dave Foley interview

Quote:
Do some of your comments ever get edited out?

I’m more surprised at how much stuff makes it on air, stuff that I actually thought, “Oh, maybe they won’t like that.” But a lot of it gets in. Early on, there was an ad-lib joke I made about Lauren Graham’s charity that she was playing for, the Revlon UCLA Cancer Research Foundation. And I just said, “They don’t want to cure cancer, they just want to make it look better.” I thought that would get cut out, but it didn’t! So that was when I thought, “Oh, I guess they’re really going to let me say whatever I want to say on this show.”
It was a pretty distasteful joke, but no moreso than GG's Roy joke last night so.