Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-22-2004, 03:09 AM
Elite Fan

Wait is over for Cosima

May 22, 2004

COSIMA "nodules" De Vito has emerged from the wilderness.
And the Perth girl is using the Cold Chisel track When the War is Over for her big comeback.

Unhappy with some of the deals offered to her by several record companies, Cosima will be releasing her next album independently, but has signed with MGM to distribute her music.

"I'm about to start work on my new album," Cosima said before her performance at PM John Howard's 30th anniversary bash on Thursday night.

"I'll be heading to the States to start producing it."

Manager Con Nellis said he had managed to the secure the talents of famous Grammy Award-winning songwriter Dianne Warren to pen Cosima's first album.

Cosima said she will be aiming to break into the adult contemporary market.

and this is from an interview on a Canberra radio station: (posted by Rob)

On performing for the PM.

Cosima: "I really enjoyed myself, but I have to say I was really nervous before I went on, I mean singing for the Prime Minister and all".

What songs did Cosima sing?

River Deep Mountain High and One Moment in Time (these were chosen by the organisers)

On the Album, Diane warren and the single.

Cosima: "I am about to work on my new album." (DJs mention the Diane Warren rumour and Cosima then continues)

"She (DW) actually heard me sing to tell you the truth. She went on my website and heard all my idol performances and we gave her a copy of my new single - because I will be releasing WTWIO which will be coming out about mid-june end of June. Yeah she turned around and said she wanted to write my whole album, so I'll be going to the US and producing it there. So I am very excited."

Later Cosima was again asked about when WTWIO would be released and replied:
"That will probably be mid-June to late-June when I come back from the states."

On the reaction to her leaving AI

Cosima said that it had been mixed. Lots of ppl had been very supportive, but others had asked "were you really sick?", "was it a publicity stunt?"

Cosima then said: "I handle it always with great caution. You can't blame the public, what they know is what they see on TV"

Does she listen to Guy and Shannon or does she turn them down?

Cosima said that she turns them up, and she is really proud of them both.
Old 05-22-2004, 05:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Guy's an American Idol too

Guy Sebastian received a standing ovation when he performed 'Angels Brought Me Here' for the audience of American Idol: The Finals yesterday.

Over 28 million people tuned in to the show, which revealed the final two contestants. Apparently it was the man we love to hate, Simon Cowell, who pushed to get "the Fro" onto the show after seeing him on World Idol.

Guy has spent six weeks working with a host of well-known writing talent in the US, UK and Europe and will be returning to Australia soon to resume recording his second album, due for release in October.

You can see Guy, and discover who the final two will be, on American Idol: The Finals this Sunday May 23rd at 6pm on Ten.
Old 05-22-2004, 03:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

OMG. I adore Diane Warren! Her songs are amazinggggggg. I will definately have to pick up Cosima's album to hear what she's written for her.

I can't wait to see Guy on Idol tonight..I don't care if the Americans (here) don't like him..They're prolly just pissed off that Ryan Malcolm never got the chance to perform and squishy Guy did. You have to get used to Guy's voice..They haven't so smeh.

I thought someone would fill in the Inside Idol job as I've seen that Emma girl on some other show..Can't remember the name of it, but I think it's a sports show.
Old 05-22-2004, 09:45 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Samii
Argh, so I'm kinda scared to see Guy's performance, after I found out who left, I went over to the AI thread, and lots of Guy slagging. Lots of "go home to your own country" stuff! Eek!
Quote:
Originally posted by *Evie
I can't wait to see Guy on Idol tonight..I don't care if the Americans (here) don't like him..They're prolly just pissed off that Ryan Malcolm never got the chance to perform and squishy Guy did. You have to get used to Guy's voice..They haven't so smeh.
Well, I think it is completely unfair really. They completely dog Ryan and not make any mention of him whatsoever - when they had a Idol Xmas Special, they cut out the Ryan part for the US audiences so I agree that it is really unfair that he hasnt got the chance to perform and Guy has.

From hearing the audio file, I think that Guy sounds dreadful.
Old 05-22-2004, 09:56 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Argh, so I'm kinda scared to see Guy's performance, after I found out who left, I went over to the AI thread, and lots of Guy slagging. Lots of "go home to your own country" stuff! Eek!
I just want to say we don't all feel that way. I personally like Guy and think he has a great voice. I wish his album was available here and he is a lot better then a lot of the AI contestants.

When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
Old 05-22-2004, 11:09 PM
Master Fan

Samii - I visited another forum (TwOP), and the general consensus there was that Guy is not too great... Hehe.. although I'm not a fan of the guy, I hope he's not too bad! It'd be a little...embarrassing... But I do think he should have sung a different song...

That final 3 thing on Friday..I missed Jasmine's bit, and only saw Fanty and Diana. Seriously, Fanty's so cool. She's hilarious... she has the most personality, I think.

Buffy: "So you're going to be with me in this?"
Angel: "Shoulder to shoulder. I'm yours."
~ Chosen
Old 05-23-2004, 02:21 AM
Dedicated Fan

Guy was...a bit flat. .

I wish he didn't have to sing it, but to me he looked like he made a face when he said it was his 'Idol song' . But yeah, he wasn't as great as his other performances, but he was still as I remember him. .

Jasmine - awful
Fanty - I think I am slowly warming to her
Diana - perky
Old 05-23-2004, 02:56 AM
Master Fan

Guy was not good. I thought he struggled, and he changed the song too... Not good.

Fantasia was easily the best of the night. Easily. She was so far ahead of the other two, I thought she embarrassed them, honestly. I loved the versatility she showed...she has such energy, stage presence. I just her. She took on Whitney, and although she's not really a belter (a la Latoya, who is more of a Whitney-type singer), she showed (again) that you can be flawless without glory-noting your arse off.

Diana was pretty 'meh' on her first two songs, but really saved herself with her last one - that was superb.

Was there another contestant?

So, it's Fanty v Diana. Should be pretty good. Think Diana really has to step up her game though, if she's going to catch Fanty. Diana's fine technically, but you need to be more than just technically good - esp. when you're competing against Fanty, as one of her main strengths is the 'performance' part of her songs.

Buffy: "So you're going to be with me in this?"
Angel: "Shoulder to shoulder. I'm yours."
~ Chosen
Old 05-23-2004, 03:55 AM
Master Fan

all i have to say is...

GO DIANA !!!
Old 05-23-2004, 04:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well now..I loved that ep..if you cut out all of Jasmine's performances and they ran the show without an adbreak every freakin minute. :/

I thought Guy was fabulous! I loved his little video montage before he performed.

And Tamyra was great too..though I hated the first song she sang because it was so not Tamyra-y and they didn't show her much.

I really do not like it when idols sing songs that past idols I like have sang. I know it's bound to happen but I much preferred Tamyra's version of A Fool In Love.

What is it with Whitney Houston songs? So many of her songs have been performed on Idol! I don't know why..no one can sing them like the original!

Anywho, I would pick Fantasia to win. They pimp her like hell.
Old 05-23-2004, 05:50 AM
Dedicated Fan

Ahh, Guy, my dorky little man. It was so good seeing him on American Idol, but weird at the same time! I thought he was a bit flat as well, and they cut so much of his song out! Had to love his obvious cringe at saying "My Idol song... AngelsBroughtMeHere." LOL

Tamyra was good, girl needs a happy meal though! I'm wondering why they got her to sing 'Raindrops' again? I love that song though so it was cool to hear it another time. It's cool how she switches it up between high and low notes a lot.

Fantasia was great, and Diana on that last song... wow. Good stuff there. I'm having trouble getting overly excited about it all though, I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because I can't vote for anyone and can't really join in properly. Even when my favourites sing I don't really listen to them as much as I could. I dunno, maybe I'm just not feeling it dawg, it's just aight for me, man

See ya, Jasmine. Or should I say aloha (that means goodbye too, right?!). Anyways, buh-bye.

Wonder why Ch10 are showing the finale on Friday night? Maybe they're being considerate and airing it earlier in case people get spoiled?
Neighbours|Official Idol Geek™|Sidekick #194
Old 05-23-2004, 06:34 AM
Master Fan

So glad Jasmine is out! Hurrah!

Okay first lets start with Guy... definately not his best performance. It was dissapointing, his voice seemed really stretched tonight and he didn't seem to be able to reach those high notes that he usually does. I love Guy, and when I saw his package tonight... man, it made me miss our Idol even more. I didn't like the change of the song, lmfao it made it hard for me to sing along with. But if this was the first time I had ever heard Guy I would be a little "meh" aswell. But I still love him, and imagine he was super nervous.

As for AI...

Jasmine - Just blech, meh, boring as usual.

Fantasia - She did a good job tonight, her voice still isn't my cup-of-hot-chocolate, but she gave a good performance. However, I still think she is kinda overrated.

Diana - I think her first two performances were okay, her vocals are always strong, but she didn't connect very well. But wow... that last song blew me away. Seriously, my sister and I were like "wow... is it cold in here? I just got some major chills".

I think overall Fantasia did the best, but I think the best song of the night was Diana's last one. She just absolutely killed it.

Obviously Fantasia will win, I don't really think theres much debate there. But I still kinda hope Diana does, although I will admit that over the last two weeks Fantasia has grown on me. I like that she isn't trying to be so overly brazen, she seems more natural now.
Michael: Guess what, I have flaws. What are they? Oh, I don't know. I sing in the shower. Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me. No, don't sue me. That is the opposite of the point that I'm trying to make.
Old 05-23-2004, 07:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow bitching about Guy not good. I haven't seen tonight's show because I had to tape it
Maybe he was nervous who wouldn't?
Old 05-23-2004, 08:36 AM
Ultimate Fan

Sounds like it's all happening for Cosima! Having someone like Diane Warren come to you and say she wants to write your album, that's huge!

I don't think Guy sounded too bad tonight. Not one of his best perfs, he sounded off a couple times, but all in all I thought he did a pretty good job. I've gotta say I wasn't too surprised that he sang a different arrangement of the song. As I said to hubby: "That's our Guy, he just can't leave a song alone, he's always gotta change it up somehow."

I don't reckon it's a foregone conclusion that Fanty will win. She's definitely got a record deal whether she wins or loses, so more people may get behind Diana and vote for her to win instead.

Thought Diana was kinda blah til the last song. She seemed sorta all over the place during the first number IMO.

I think Jasmine knew she was gonna be going. I still like her more than I like Diana, but even I have to admit that Diana's technically more consistent than Jas is.

Funky Fanty rocks my world. I just love that she gets out there and has a ball (one of the reasons I liked George too) and she never gets a note wrong. She's just too cool.

Was Simon asleep during Tamyra's second perf? I wasn't watching that closely, but hubby reckons he saw a couple shots of Simon where he had his head on the desk like he'd fallen asleep.
Old 05-24-2004, 05:56 AM
Master Fan

Well I will eat my ugg boots if Fantasia doesn't win this. Lmfao, I think its completely in the bag. She should start practising her "surprise" face when her name is called out! Hee!

Kinda OT - I'm loving that Cosima is getting out and about doing her album the way she wants. I'm so excited for this album. Hee.
Michael: Guess what, I have flaws. What are they? Oh, I don't know. I sing in the shower. Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me. No, don't sue me. That is the opposite of the point that I'm trying to make.