Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-26-2004, 01:30 AM
Dedicated Fan

I don't really pay too much attention to TWoP forums, even if the recaps are amusing. TBH, a lot of the comments are completely one sided and a lot of them ignorant assumptions. I think one of the posters was making fun at how much 350 000 units was, at how little that was *in* America and that it probably sounds like the right number. It's like HELLO! Comparisons to diff stats and all that.

I don't think I can read the forums because they do poke fun at everyone, past and present Idols and as most of it is mean spirited I find it hard to swallow. . Yeah, I'm a wuss. <goes to read the Alias recap> Haha!

I haven't really enjoyed the American Idol show because for me it has been really spoilt by the judges. I didn't think it could get worse than Holden here, but Paula, Randy are really hard to listen to. Simon has been snipy to everyone bar Fantastic Fanty for the past few weeks. I find it extremely rude that all he has to offer Diana most of the times are, "7 out of 10" or whatever. I honestly haven't gotten used to him as I got told that you had to know Simon's style.

When I was watching last week's show, I found it hard to take in because it felt as if Paula and Randy were really resentful to Jasmine that she stayed instead of LaToya. So even if she had done well I still think they would have been snarky towards her. They seem to have gotten a lot meaner and useless in the current weeks. Yes, I know they are suppose to judge but I think they go beyond that. Either because the contestants aren't too great, or they are just pissed off that their favourite left.

</rant over>

Like I have been saying time and time again, I miss the friendly atmosphere that Aus Idol had. And even though they were emotionally attached to them, unlike in Popstars they do critique the performances. Of course I'm not saying that we haven't had our own nasty moments of anger, but it's hard to see a friendly air in Amer Idol.

I do have a question for our hononuary Aussie , Tish. LOL. I assume that you guys get the full version of the closing credits, do the judges get up there on the results show and give the leaving contestant and others hugs? I missed that, as soon as the show was 'cut' Marcia, Dicko and Mark would all get up onto the stage with the contestants and hosts and they'd just comfort the person going. .

Last edited by * Linda *; 05-26-2004 at 01:41 AM
Old 05-26-2004, 01:47 AM
Elite Fan

hee! I got some Australian Idol episodes yesterday Someone copied them (from the R&b eps on...) onto cd's that I can watch on the computer It's great watching em again

I know what you mean about the TwoP forums Linda, I like recaps most of the time, but the forums are just harsh
Old 05-26-2004, 01:54 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by * Linda *
I do have a question for our hononuary Aussie , Tish. LOL. I assume that you guys get the full version of the closing credits, do the judges get up there on the results show and give the leaving contestant and others hugs? I missed that, as soon as the show was 'cut' Marcia, Dicko and Mark would all get up onto the stage with the contestants and hosts and they'd just comfort the person going. .

Aw yeah, I know I hate how it always cuts super fast to the credits, I'm like 'arrrgghhh' show us.

Yeah, I miss our Idol too. Probably because of the atmosphere everywhere like the country just got overcome with it. It was fun!

I love Simon, but dude he's a bastard. But I like that. Hee! He's better than Randy "yeah yeah dawg" Jackson, and Paula "I love your tone" Abdul!

Although, my god could they be trying to rig this competition more for Fantasia? Geez, why don't they get down there and lick her feet while there at it. The bias is kinda nauseating, and all the "fantasia is the best idol ever"... uh... WTF? Bull****! No way does she compare to the likes of Kelly, Ruben etc and even Tamyra or most of our Idols. Grr! Lmfao, this bias is kinda undoing all the work and progress that I had made on beginning to like Fantasia, because damnit people SHE IS NOT THE SECOND CUMMING!
Michael: Guess what, I have flaws. What are they? Oh, I don't know. I sing in the shower. Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me. No, don't sue me. That is the opposite of the point that I'm trying to make.
Old 05-26-2004, 04:49 AM
Dedicated Fan

I'm curious about what happens after the show ends, too. It'd be nice to see it instead of getting some weird three-way split screen advertising a million shows at once.

I dug out my Greatest Moments DVD after reading about it on here before. *Sigh* I miss it so much. Even though I've seen the eps quite a few times (God bless my brain for once for thinking to tape them!) I can still watch and enjoy. Seeing Guy sing CEM made me get shivers all over again - just cause I know what note he's building up to and how the crowd are going to go absolutely mad.

Wish we had an Aussie version of TWOP. Not so much for the forums, but for the recaps in a kind of 'Shack' style. That'd be cool.
Neighbours|Official Idol Geek™|Sidekick #194
Old 05-26-2004, 11:39 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I don't remember them doing that. Usually its the other contestants that give them hugs.

You know me always

When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
Old 05-27-2004, 04:21 PM
Master Fan

Do we know who got out? I spoiled myself. Could't help it.

Buffy: "So you're going to be with me in this?"
Angel: "Shoulder to shoulder. I'm yours."
~ Chosen
Old 05-27-2004, 09:05 PM
Ultimate Fan

I got spoiled too, so yeah I know who won. But I dunno if everyone else in the thread is staying spoiler free or not, so I won't comment on it til Sunday.
Old 05-28-2004, 04:34 AM
Master Fan

That final two show was okay..

Kinda annoyed that both girls sang songs they'd already sung before though...

Diana: Did well with the winner's song. Last song was BAD. Ouch. I cringed..I felt bad for her.
Second song was pretty good.

Fantasia: I agree that the first song wasn't too good. Not a good song choice, and it just wasn't good. Summertime again? Yes please. it. Would have preferred it had she sang something new, but I love Summertime, so I don't mind.
And she KILLED IT with the last song - bravo, bravo! Sorry Lady Di, but I like Fanty's version of "I Believe" A LOT better.

Paul Anka at the end was funny

Loved seeing some of the final 12 there Did you see Camille and Amy cry after Tasia's last performance? Cool

Can't wait for Sunday!

PS - I think the judges were a bit too hard on Diana... I mean, I want them to speak their mind and all, but how Simon said to Diana "I think you saw Fantasia sing Summertime and ..." that was a bit much, IMO. Would have been fine earlier in the season, but final 2...? Gotta say I felt sorry for Diana..not that she needs my pity, but I did feel for her.

~ Chosen
Old 05-28-2004, 05:53 AM
Dedicated Fan

I didn't realise we were getting that 'Idol Phenomenon' show before the actual singing part. I kind of liked it though, it showed a lot of stuff I hadn't seen before like all those crazy auditions ("Si-uh-lent night, I said a si-uh-lent night" Bwah!), and Kelly's first audition. Also fun too see Clay and Rueben - I had to giggle at what Clay looked like pre-idol makeover, and I finally understand what all the people at TWOP mean when they say Rueben does the 'I want my baby back' hand movement, hehe!

Jimmy and Andrew! Eeee! I love you guys

The Diana & Fantasia sing off was alright. I thought D looked pretty in that first outfit. The judges going mental over Fantasia, that was a bit much... but Fantasia did a kick arse job on the Idol song. The lyrics are kind of naff though, stuff about rainbows, lakes, ponies, sparkles, cream cakes etc.

The final show should be fun, can't wait to see all the gang back & some other Idol contestants (and did I spy with my little eye, a Guy sitting in the audience for the next show? Yay!). I'm totally spoiled for it too! Stupid internet!

When my cousin and I saw a quick shot of George there we both went, "Awww! George!" in an "Aww, what a cute puppy!" tone, LOL!
Neighbours|Official Idol Geek™|Sidekick #194
Old 05-28-2004, 06:27 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Dragonair
I don't remember them doing that. Usually its the other contestants that give them hugs.

You know me always
That's a shame, although I can't imagine Simon embracing anyone. .

Er, tonight's show was a bit of a waste of time. Why have Diana sing, when Fantasia is THE best Idol contestant EVER?

OMG. I nearly died when she 'Yeah'd' her way through the first song. Really, I like that song and it was sort of like, WTF is that crap?

I guess that's why Di thought she had to 'C'mon ya'll' in her song. *shakes head*

I love how Diana can stuff up (well I must have diff ears to the judges because I didn't think DCOA was *that* bad, not as bad as "All My Life") her last song and that automatically undoes her other 2 songs.

Or even, I can't see how Simon can say that Diana's dancing is crap, when he doesn't even comment on how Fanty screeched those high notes in 'I Believe'. I didn't think that the 2 performances were really the best, the girls were kind of cracking in the higher notes. *shrug* Yeah, that song is worse than 'Angels Brought Me Here'!

Watching the mini recap of Season 1 and Season 2, I really want to see those now because the quality of it seems a lot more better. And from what I have read with the comparisions, others seem to agree.

Did we really need to see that Paula/Simon kiss in full technicolour again...and again?

Paula really overdoes the blush, especially in those snippits.

I know who won it too, but that's because it was sort of hard not to click the, "American Idol Winner SPOILER" on the news site. . Hands up the others? LOL. I would stay away from other tv channels except 10. Like when they ruined who won World Idol!
Old 05-28-2004, 06:31 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by CarlyM
The lyrics are kind of naff though, stuff about rainbows, lakes, ponies, sparkles, cream cakes etc.
Cream cakes? LMAO! Really? I kind of zoned out after 'pots of gold' but if that is really than that is hilarious.

Ya know, with them doing the encore of Guy's Amer Idol performance, I didn't think it was *that* bad as the first time. Yes, the last trembley note was well....wobbly, but the first half of the song was okay.
Old 05-28-2004, 06:39 AM
Elite Fan

hmm..

Ok... the judges comments to Diana about Fantasia's performance - not on IMO. It kind of reminded me of when Mark said that Cosima was lost in Guy's performance on Aus Idol. (she so was not).

The winners single - I liked Diana's better. Fantasia's was ok for the first half - until she added yeah yeah yeah (didn't fit with the song) and then went screechy! ouch.

Andrew & Jimmy hee! good to see em again but Andrew, dude... haircut! I should have turned up at the auditions with scissors.
Old 05-28-2004, 08:57 AM
Ultimate Fan

I didn't see the show tonight (was at the footy) and am bummed that I missed out on some Andrew&Jimmy goodness. *sigh*
Old 05-28-2004, 08:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by * Linda *
Watching the mini recap of Season 1 and Season 2, I really want to see those now because the quality of it seems a lot more better. And from what I have read with the comparisions, others seem to agree.
I have read around the net a bit (mostly TwOP) that season's not quite as good as the other two...though, TwOP is usually a negative -opinion type place anyway, so it's hard to tell.
Don't know much about the other contestants outside the top 2/3 of the other seasons, but I don't think they're really better than the current top 12, I just think the problem with this season has been the voting - undeserving contestants outlasted the rockin' ones (Jasmine, John Stevens, I'm looking at you), but I guess that's what happens when more and more votes are being cast.

Gotta say though, Clay v Ruben sing off looked FANTASTIC, whereas Diana v Tasia was pretty meh because Tasia, IMHO, is SOOOOO far ahead of Di, there's almost no contest. Had it been Latoya v Tasia, it would have been much, much good.
Kelly v Justin though didn't look like too much of a contest either - they hardly showed anything about Justin in that Phenomenon show - which speaks volumes, I suppose. Though I guess coz that was the first season, it's always gonna have a special place in history.

And I know some are really annoyed by Fantasia's "yeah, yeah, yeahs" but I love them. Or, rather, they don't bother me.

~ Chosen
Old 05-28-2004, 09:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

There were way too many undeserved "props" for Fantasia last night. While she's a good singer, it's so insulting to say she was the best contestant from any competition.

And Diana sounded horrible in most parts of all 3 of her songs. I felt sorry for her.

I was bummed they didn't show anything of Justin in the special. But I spose that's what you get when you go against the record label that backs Idol. :/

I found out who won yesterday. .