Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-24-2004, 07:32 AM
Elite Fan

I kinda liked Guy's performance... he seemed really nervous at the beginning but got into it at another site quite a few ppl said they like it/thought it was ok so it wasn't all bad reviews

Quote:
Originally posted by Phee

Was Simon asleep during Tamyra's second perf? I wasn't watching that closely, but hubby reckons he saw a couple shots of Simon where he had his head on the desk like he'd fallen asleep. [/B]
He did have his head on the desk...I saw that

I like both Fantasia and Diana, but I want Diana to win
Old 05-24-2004, 09:55 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Samii
Well I will eat my ugg boots if Fantasia doesn't win this.

Mmmmm, ugg boots. *drools like Homer*
Old 05-24-2004, 05:00 PM
Master Fan

Samii - Fanty's growing on you? Hooray!
Also.. the sig - except for when you bash the last 2 seasons of BtVS. Sacrilege!

As much as I'd like to think Fanty will win (if it were a perfect world, she would :p ), I think Diana will. Why? Coz I think Diana has more widespread appeal - I think with Fanty, you either love her or hate her..she's very polarizing. I also think the judges incessant pimping of her will ultimately work against her... I've visited boards, and a few people seem to hate her just because the judges love her so much..

Even Simon thinks Diana will win - and he loves Fantasia waaaaay more than Diana.

Carly - Yeah, I think the fact that we can't get involved with the show doesn't make us as excited as we could be...I'm pretty excited (and have actually tried to persuade a friend who's in the States at the moment to powervote for Fanty ), but it's obviously not the same as Aussie Idol.. coz we see all the extra little bits, the whole country is abuzz with the show..

Buffy: "So you're going to be with me in this?"
Angel: "Shoulder to shoulder. I'm yours."
~ Chosen
Old 05-24-2004, 05:09 PM
Master Fan

man, am i the only one who really really doesnt like Fantasia, her voice is like running nails down a blackboard to my ears

and to make myself really unpopular, cos, well whats the fun in being popular, guys performance on AI sucked majorly, he was so good on Aussie Idol, but i couldnt believe how crap he sounded on AI- i was majorly disappointed
Old 05-24-2004, 10:08 PM
Ultimate Fan

Well like nikz said, with Fanty either you love her or you hate her, and I can see how not everyone would like her voice. I agree that that's why she may end up losing to the DiBot in the final. But it's also why I think Fanty could very well end up with a more enduring recording career than Diana. There's just nothing about Diana that makes her stand out IMO. At least with Fanty you're never quite sure what she's gonna pull outta the bag next. Guess that's one of the reasons I like her.

I was expecting worse from Guy. Judging by some of the comments I'd heard, and I didn't think the clip they were playing on the ad sounded too crash hot. So maybe it's because I didn't have my hopes up for a flawless perf that I didn't think he sounded too bad in the end.
Old 05-24-2004, 10:15 PM
Extreme Fan

Sorry to butt in but

Quote:
the DiBot
That is so funny to me

When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
Old 05-25-2004, 12:15 AM
Dedicated Fan

I'm not bashing Guy's performance, I was just saying it seemed a lot flat and stretched for him - I think it may be from the constant jetting around. I just want the new album to be out already... .

I relistened to Fanty's "Greatest Love Of All" and I LOVE it. I think I love the song more, but I love it, that's my fav of hers. I did like also like Tamyra's perf of "Fool In Love" better too.

If Fanty can cut her "Yeah Yeah" thing, then I will like her. If Jaz can curb her flower, than I am sure she can resist to do that! And a bit less screeching too...I'm not really too fussed who wins either way. Mainly as I've lost interest and it's a be 'meh' at the moment.
Old 05-25-2004, 12:50 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by - Jen -
man, am i the only one ... her voice is like running nails down a blackboard to my ears
No you are not the only one. Whilst she is a good performer, I couldn't buy an album with her voice I think if I listened to it in my car, all the involuntary twitching her voice causes from me, I'd crash! Lmfao, it grates on my nerves. It feels like she channelling Macy Gray and Daffy Duck all at the same time. But yeah, her voice is definately a "love" or "hate" kind of voice.

But *she* is growing on me... her *voice*... still ain't doing it for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Dragonair
Sorry to butt in but
Aw, your not butting in. Lmfao, you are sooooo our honarary Australian. Hee!

Nik - lmfao I am nothing but a BTVS fan... loyal to the end. But I am big enough to admit the last two blew. Lmfao, I wish they didn't, but they did. The writing and plot were poor. I still miss it *sooo* much though!
Michael: Guess what, I have flaws. What are they? Oh, I don't know. I sing in the shower. Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me. No, don't sue me. That is the opposite of the point that I'm trying to make.
Old 05-25-2004, 03:28 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by CarlyM
Wonder why Ch10 are showing the finale on Friday night? Maybe they're being considerate and airing it earlier in case people get spoiled?
To my knowledge, it's not the finale. I think it's one of those 'Journey' ones - like the final 3 but final 2. I think Sundays still has American Idol at 6pm - at least it did when I glanced at the guide yesterday

Quote:
Originally posted by Phee
Was Simon asleep during Tamyra's second perf? I wasn't watching that closely, but hubby reckons he saw a couple shots of Simon where he had his head on the desk like he'd fallen asleep.
I didnt noticed it during Tamyra but I really noticed it to Guys - probably because I wanted to see the impression of the judges to him. The body language was hilarious. He looked more pained and bored than usual. :shrugs: because I thought he was the one that supposedly " had to make sure" that Guy was on AmerI

Quote:
Originally posted by - Jen -
man, am i the only one who really really doesnt like Fantasia, her voice is like running nails down a blackboard to my ears
Nope. She sounds so rumble to me. I wish she would learn to articulate her words!
Old 05-25-2004, 06:42 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Samii
No you are not the only one. Whilst she is a good performer, I couldn't buy an album with her voice I think if I listened to it in my car, all the involuntary twitching her voice causes from me, I'd crash! Lmfao, it grates on my nerves. It feels like she channelling Macy Gray and Daffy Duck all at the same time. But yeah, her voice is definately a "love" or "hate" kind of voice.

Nik - lmfao I am nothing but a BTVS fan... loyal to the end. But I am big enough to admit the last two blew. Lmfao, I wish they didn't, but they did. The writing and plot were poor. I still miss it *sooo* much though!
I got an image of you (not that I know what you look like ) crashing.. Not that it'd be funny to see you almost killing yourself...

Ah, I know what you mean...the last two weren't great (well, I thought s7 was okay)... but yeah..Loyal til the BITTER end.

About the ep on Friday...I *think* that it might be the final performances - the final 2- Fanty v Dibot.

And then, I think on Sunday it will be the grand finale where they show the winner...and we'll get all the top 12 back, other performances and whatever - should be grrreat

I think that's how it's gonna go. I just don't think they'll fit the final 2 performances and the grand finale together on Sunday...unless they skip Big Brother (God, please yes!).

Buffy: "So you're going to be with me in this?"
Angel: "Shoulder to shoulder. I'm yours."
~ Chosen
Old 05-25-2004, 10:06 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Aw, your not butting in. Lmfao, you are sooooo our honarary Australian. Hee!
I feel a tear coming on. I am honored.

When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
Old 05-25-2004, 07:14 PM
Master Fan

Omg, I hate that since BB4 is on, all the episodes are so edited. When I read Shacks episode reviews, man it pisses me off because we miss half of it. Doesn't the finale go for like 2 hours? Man, were not going to get barely any of it, *bawl*

But yeah I think the one on Friday, is like the one that we had for Guy and Shannon. And then the results are given on the Wedneday two weeks later. Weird!

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Dragonair
I feel a tear coming on. I am honored.
Aw, too cute.
Michael: Guess what, I have flaws. What are they? Oh, I don't know. I sing in the shower. Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me. No, don't sue me. That is the opposite of the point that I'm trying to make.
Old 05-25-2004, 09:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by * Linda *
I'm not bashing Guy's performance, I was just saying it seemed a lot flat and stretched for him - I think it may be from the constant jetting around. I just want the new album to be out already... .
I know you weren't bashing it's cool
I just hope that America gets to see his music clip because it sounds alot better
Maybe he was jet lag
Old 05-25-2004, 09:36 PM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks for the info about Friday's show, guys. I think you're all correct in saying that they're showing the performance show on the Friday and then the actual finale on the Sunday

I hate how they edit stuff out, too. I wanted to see the Canadian Idol in the audience, I think Ryan pointed him out, but they chopped that off. Reading Shack's recaps makes up for it though, he is a genius! This part from last week's show recap had me in stitches:
Quote:
How Shack thinks Jasmine might write a song:
Could you imagine the songs Jasmine might write? "I love you and whatever. / You really, like, know how to make me feel, you know, good inside. / Let's dance a hula."

Didn't like the Guy snarking much though, but all well. Actually, I lie. I did giggle at his comments about the 'angels bringing people stuff', but not the crap about his voice & looks.
Neighbours|Official Idol Geek™|Sidekick #194
Old 05-26-2004, 01:10 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by CarlyM

Didn't like the Guy snarking much though, but all well. Actually, I lie. I did giggle at his comments about the 'angels bringing people stuff', but not the crap about his voice & looks.
Oh yeah I read that, I thought he was going to be harsher than what he was. But yeah lmfao his 'Angel's bringing people' thing was hillarious. Oh, and for some reason this had me giggling sooo much, I don't know why...

"Oh, and those of you actually in Australia. Hi there, crazy upside-down people! "