Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-28-2004, 10:44 PM
Extreme Fan

Yeh I knew who winner was. For once I actually didnt go on the net at all on Thurs Arvo or Friday to avoid finding out as well as I didnt talk to my best friend overseas but then I found out accidently in Friday's newspaper. I was just trying to hand out for ET

It was funny seeing the 'Idol Phenomenon' show because I seriously did not see what people saw in Ruben - he sounds off tune!! Even Kelly didnt sound that great in the snippets that I've see... And can I just mention HELLO JUSTIN? Did you fall off the face off the earth or at least American Idol Earth!

It was funny seeing the sets and how they have changed. You could reallt tell that AusI was based upon the second season so much!!
It was funny watching the first season snippets because I liked the look and feel of it better than the other two seasons. It had a purity to it but now it just seems overdone which is where I think AusI might be heading

Now to the performances...

I was absolutely sick of all the pimping of Fantasia. NO she is not the Messiah, no she is not Mohammed and no she is not Buddha. IMO, she seems to be quite a cheerful and funny person but sounds painful to listen to. Imagine a line of string that is 10 cm long (Fantasia's Range) well, there is like one little bit of her range when she sounds lovely the rest of the time, it's dreadful.

And an observation, Fantasia has a mouth large enough to drive a double decker bus through! I dont mean that rudely but her mouth is just so large!

Diana
I adored Diana's version of 'I Believe'. So much emotion. Yes, I was of the peeps who thought she was robotic at the start of the comp, but I think she has really grown throughout the competition.

I really liked her two other songs. The last one wasnt as great as the week before's version but it was so good.
However, I felt sorry for her because she was having sound problems it turned out. Her eye piece thing wasnt working properly at the end of the rehersal and there wasnt time to fix it so thats why she was dancing weirdly on her second song - she was trying to find a place where her sound was better. And then on the other song, supposedly TPTB or the producers made the song longer and changed things a bit.

Fantasia

I really didnt like her first song. She wasnt even really singing it - she was just a back up singer. Seriously, the real back up singers sung more than her. Plus her "singing" in this song was dreadful.

I've so over Summertime. I didnt think it was great the third time and never thought it was the 20th million when I saw it last night. I was giving crap to Diana for being robotic but that has got to be the most robotic performance. I dont think she could perform that song standing up!

And another observation. Girl, I agree I love the freedom of going braless. However I would never do it on national television when 30 million people are watching. It is not a good sight at all. WEAR A BLOODY BRA

With her version of I Believe, I didnt think it was that great actually. I found more with her version that I was made aware of the corny and pathetic lyrics so much, However with Diana's performance I found that although I was aware of the words, they didnt come across as terrible with Fantasia...

Man, I really hope Diana wins because I think shes adorable.
Old 05-29-2004, 12:11 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by nikz
And I know some are really annoyed by Fantasia's "yeah, yeah, yeahs" but I love them. Or, rather, they don't bother me.
I think it's okay in 'I believe' but you liked her 'yeah yeahs' in "All My Life"? Really? Like Sara said, it is like she was just a backup singer. It was just awful. Sometimes adlibbing works, but not doing to every song to give it a Fanty flavour. .

I had no idea about Di's "technical difficulties". I think she recovered alright really. Hopefully somebody will snap her up though and she won't fade into obscurity like Justin! .

Quote:
"I Believe" aka Tamyra's Revenge dubbed by some other American viewers. . I suppose it isn't too bad... LOL. Fitting for the occasion, as they all are.

--

Have you ever reached a rainbow’s end?
Did you find your pot of gold?
Ever catch a shooting star?
Tell me how high did you soar?

Ever felt like you were dreaming
Just to find that you’re awake
Cause the magic that surrounds you
Will lift you up and guide you on your way

I can see it in the stars across the sky
I dreamt a hundred thousand dreams before
Now I finally realise
See I’ve waited all my life
For this moment to arrive
And finally yeah

I believe in the impossible
If I reach deep within my heart
Overcome any obstacle
Won’t let this dream just fall apart
See I strive to be the very best
Shine my light for all to see
‘Cause anything is possible
When you believe

I can see it in the stars across the sky
I dreamt a hundred thousand dreams before
Now I finally realise
See I’ve waited all my life
For this moment to arrive
And finally I believe
Yes I believe

Love keeps lifting me higher
Lifting me higher
I said love keeps lifting me
I said love keeps lifting me
I said love
I said love
Old 05-29-2004, 05:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I found out that my cousin went for AI2 last weekend....they didn't want her
She's sings really good too she won a few comps for singing
If she comes on tv, her name is Sonja

Last edited by -Kelly-; 05-29-2004 at 06:04 AM
Old 05-29-2004, 05:38 AM
Loyal Fan

It was neither Fantasia nor Diana's best week. Hearing them made me realise how good La Toya was and how she probably deserved to win although I didn't support her that much at the time.

Still, I am a 'Tasia fan and want her to win because she's given some brilliant, original, amazing performances but she's very on and off. Sometimes brilliant, sometimes misses the mark. I didn't mind her last song but it was a bit overblown. Am I wrong in thinking Australian idol is better than the American version? Or do I have a selective memory?

Diana is OK but I can't see how she made it to the top two. Like one of the judges says, she can hit the high notes but not the lower ones. Fantasia can't always hit the notes but makes up for it with charisma, style or whatever.

I didn't know we'd see the "Idol Phenomenon" thing either so I took the opportunity to go online. I heard Guy's performance again in the background and it honestly sounded pretty bad. I didn't notice that much last week but it really was less-than-impressive. Guy can sing like an angel sometimes and can sound as pure as Aaron Neville, I just wish he had done it on AmI to blow them away.

Looking forward to Sun but they should've shown it all in the one night.

Josh Brolin - I saw him first!
www.themoviemark.com
Old 05-29-2004, 08:07 PM
Extreme Fan

Linda: Thanks for posting the words - I think because it just reminded me how every cliche was used! It also reminded me of something - notice the words about 'the moment' - it's just before the chorus I think. Does it remind anyone of Kelly's winning song A Moment Like This?
As a side note though, even though it has a lot of cliche - it sounds better than Ruben's version. I still cant decide between Kelly's winning song and this one
Old 05-30-2004, 02:39 AM
Master Fan

Fantasia's the winner! Woooooooooo hooooooooooooooo!!!

Great show, though the final 12 sing-a-long was a bit cheesy with the outfits and all.

Go Fanty

She's the bomb.

Buffy: "So you're going to be with me in this?"
Angel: "Shoulder to shoulder. I'm yours."
~ Chosen
Old 05-30-2004, 02:42 AM
Dedicated Fan

All Idol songs are written to be cliche.

"Some people wait a lifetime, for a moment like this."

"See I've waited all my life, for the moment to arrive."

"You would know it would be clear, that angels brought me here." (plus his had a lot about winding journey's."

Was Ruben's "Flying Without Wings"? I recall him singing that song when all the glitter came down...but don't think it was because it's a cover. *shrug*

Well congrats to Fanty, I hope she does really well. Did anyone else find it funny that Simon said the winner would get all their dream come true, ie. fame, and stacks of money? . And a lifetime committment to 19!!!!

The show was okay and OMG the badly chorographed DANCING was back! Complete with hand gestures and matching outfits. *gag*

I'm sad John Stevens never got to sing in the 'Big Band' theme. . He sounded great singing that small snippit.

Though I did know who took it out, I admit to still being excited when Ryan announced the winner. Gosh, Fanty nearly took out Diana there didn't she? LOL! And her shoe and necklace broke, the poor dear. .

AND FINALLY THE BEST NEWS OF ALL?

(though unrelated)

The O.C. is going to be shown on 10 on Tuesday's!

Gosh, I am happy I didn't spoil myself now. . That was probably the best news of the night. LOL.

Bring it on, and Aus Idol 2.
Old 05-30-2004, 02:59 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, Linda...the OC coming to 10 was major news too

I was spoiled, so it wasn't like it was terribly exciting and all - but I when Fanty was announced the winner. She's such a cutie..and yeah, it did look like Diana was going to be choked to death.

Ruben, Kelly, Fanty and Diana singing together was fantastic.

Also the bit of the group sing where Jennifer, Latoya and Fantasia all sang back to back - hinting that that should have been the top 3, perhaps?

And yep, Linda, the bad dancing was horrible...poor kids had to do that poor choreography! And okay, the choreography would have been tolerable - but the matching oufits? They looked like the Brady Bunch!

~ Chosen
Old 05-30-2004, 03:16 AM
Dedicated Fan

Spirit fingers. LOL.

I did notice the shot of Fanty, Jen and LaToya. *rolls eyes*

Did I mention that JPL er, dancing was still amusing? LOL.

<yay another O.C ad. . "Where it belongs" haha!>

Did Fanty forget the words...or was she just overcome with emotion?
Old 05-30-2004, 03:23 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by * Linda *
I did notice the shot of Fanty, Jen and LaToya. *rolls eyes*

Did I mention that JPL er, dancing was still amusing? LOL.

Did Fanty forget the words...or was she just overcome with emotion?
I take it you're not a fan of the "divas" then?

JPL dancing is still interesting at least. He didn't have that much to do though, did he? I don't think he had a solo at all...

And I think Fanty was just overcome with emotion.

It's a shame ch10 didn't show the complete show, would have liked to see the performances at the beginning... did they really have to show Jasmine sing at the beginning? If I were Gladys Knight, I'd sue her Hawaiin arse.

~ Chosen
Old 05-30-2004, 04:14 AM
Dedicated Fan

You go Fantasia, good stuff there dude. I was going "awww" when she was singing at the end since she was all emotional. It was a nice finale. I don't get why her family weren't allowed on stage though, especially since Ryan was calling them up there!

How much did Diana kick arse though when she sang the Idol song! That was so much better than on the other show, even though I thought she did a great job with that too.

Group sing was fun, matching outfits cheesy & the boys dancing painfully bad (I'm looking at you JPL! And blink dammit! Let those eyeballs rest for a second!). It just reminded me how much I missed George... and how much I didn't miss Leah. Ugh.

I wish we had have seen more of the show as well, I was looking forward to seeing most of the gang sing.

Kelly was great, and man did I get squealy every time I saw Guy in the audience! He had some good seats there!

Biggest LOL moment? Seeing Ryan with that BIG bit of glitter stuck to his forehead

(I'll have to start watching the OC, it sounds good from stuff I've read on the net - Did Ch9 used to have the rights for it? Ooh, and yay to the Harry Potter ad! Eee!).
Neighbours|Official Idol Geekâ„¢|Sidekick #194
Old 05-30-2004, 04:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That was the WORST group medley I've ever had the misfortune of witnessing. The cheesiness...My god. It was enough to make you puke.

And Kelly, did you dress in the dark? What was up with your first outfit? Put your breasts away. You too Paula.

Wtf. Christina Christian, de-afro yourself immediately. Guy doesn't want you.
Old 05-30-2004, 04:46 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Evie
That was the WORST group medley I've ever had the misfortune of witnessing. The cheesiness...My god. It was enough to make you puke.

And Kelly, did you dress in the dark? What was up with your first outfit? Put your breasts away. You too Paula.

Wtf. Christina Christian, de-afro yourself immediately. Guy doesn't want you.
Eves, you crack me up.

That group medley was incredibly cheesy...but that was part of the fun. I at least was entertained.

Kelly's first dress was definitely a "beautiful disaster". I'm so lame.

I cringed when I saw Guy in the audience. I just hate him.

Carly - I got all "awww" at Fanty too at the end. She was just so overcome with emotion... such a doll. She seemed genuinely surprised and grateful that she won. The first words she uttered as the new AI was "I broke my shoe!"

That confetti on Seacrest's face was

~ Chosen
Old 05-30-2004, 04:53 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by * Linda *

AND FINALLY THE BEST NEWS OF ALL?

(though unrelated)

The O.C. is going to be shown on 10 on Tuesday's!

ITA!! Best news of the night! Along with Kelly singing BD on piano!
Old 05-30-2004, 06:04 AM
Master Fan

Omg, Diana when she sung that 'I Believe' song, couldn't have rocked more if she tried, and IMO just totally and completely blew Fantasia out of the water. Wow, that was friggen' amazing. You could totally see that she was just all 'if im going out, I'm going out with a bang'. Sen-friggen-sational. Man, I'm sooo downloading that performance. Oh and I loved how Kelly teared up in it, and then was mouthing to someone that "That was great".

I loved Kelly's performance aswell. I don't care one bit what she wear or what her make-up looks like, she is friggen' amazing, her voice is just beautiful, and I think Simon is a fool to say Fantasia is the best idol 'ever'... dude, IMO Kelly is farrrr better than Fantasia will ever be. Wow, I absolutely loved her version of 'A Beautiful Disaster' all slowed down. It was beautiful!

Aw, Ruben, he's a cutie. There just something so friendly, open and honest about him that I love. I like his new song, and he is a great singer.

Omg, and definately the best moment of the whole show, which softened the Fantasia and her MacyGray/DaffyDuck voice, was the OC coming to 10! Omg, I squealed, and squealed and squealed. Wheeeeeeee! I mean, I have up till episode 16 on VCD, but still I am so damn excited. I'm gonna watch it still. I love how they were all "some shows were made for 10"... whee, I consider that a shout-out. I've been saying that since the moment Ch9 got it!

Whee, Me and Seth Cohen Tuesday nights. *giggle*
Michael: Guess what, I have flaws. What are they? Oh, I don't know. I sing in the shower. Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me. No, don't sue me. That is the opposite of the point that I'm trying to make.