Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-20-2004, 09:19 AM
Ultimate Fan

Ozmerican Idol #14: Seacrest Out... Bug Eyes and Poser In...

Link to the old thread.

Is there any word when OzIdol2 is gonna be starting? They don't finish auditions til the end of May, do they?
Old 05-20-2004, 05:07 PM
Extreme Fan

Some just clear this up for me. Is Ozmerican Idol about people in Oz watching American Idol? lol

When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
Old 05-20-2004, 07:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Dragonair
Some just clear this up for me. Is Ozmerican Idol about people in Oz watching American Idol? lol
yep!

we werent allowed to have 2 seperate threads- one for aussies watching AI, and one for Australian Idol, so this is the combination of the 2
Old 05-20-2004, 08:27 PM
Master Fan

Yay!!! New thread!

I am sooo tempted to find out who gets booted... but I'll hold off. I do have this terrible sinking feeling that its going to be Diana. Please for the love of Me, kick her out. I still personally think she should have been out instead of George. Hmph! I miss George, he was soo adorable. Can't wait to see him back in the finale!
Michael: Guess what, I have flaws. What are they? Oh, I don't know. I sing in the shower. Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me. No, don't sue me. That is the opposite of the point that I'm trying to make.
Old 05-20-2004, 08:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Samii
Yay!!! New thread!

I am sooo tempted to find out who gets booted... but I'll hold off. I do have this terrible sinking feeling that its going to be Diana. Please for the love of Me, kick her out. I still personally think she should have been out instead of George. Hmph! I miss George, he was soo adorable. Can't wait to see him back in the finale!
I'm tempted to spoil it for you right now. But I won't.

I miss George too... they really need a guy in the top 3. Seriously.

Buffy: "So you're going to be with me in this?"
Angel: "Shoulder to shoulder. I'm yours."
~ Chosen
Old 05-20-2004, 11:08 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yay, new thread! (Thanks for liking my idea, guys. Hehe!)

There's also that 'Final 3' special on Ch10 tonight. I think it's on at 7:30pm. Here's hoping that it's interesting and that Diana's perkiness doesn't kill me... I like her, but she just makes me tired - or have the strange urge to cheerlead. I'm not sure which one quite yet...

Oz Idol probably won't start till June/July which is a shame. I read in the paper today that Leah McLeod is going to be hosting 'Inside Idol' too instead of that woman that did it last year. I wonder why American Idol didn't have a show like that? I thought it was a great idea because you got to see so much more of their personalities & it had a lot of funny moments in there.

Count me in on the George missage! He was such a dude.
Neighbours|Official Idol Geekâ„¢|Sidekick #194
Old 05-21-2004, 01:02 AM
Elite Fan

new thread

Quote:
I read in the paper today that Leah McLeod is going to be hosting 'Inside Idol' too instead of that woman that did it last year.
hmm who is she?
Old 05-21-2004, 03:18 AM
Extreme Fan

Leah is Sarah McLeod's sister. Sarah McLeod is the lead singer of the Superjesus. Leah was on some Renovation show on Channel Nine. She was the host but I'm not sure which one.
Old 05-21-2004, 03:40 AM
Elite Fan

oh, I don't think I've seen her before then.

thanks Eliza
Old 05-21-2004, 05:48 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by nikz
I'm tempted to spoil it for you right now. But I won't.
Oh dude, you don't even have to be tempted, lmfao I was browsing the O.C board and they were talking about it, so I got friggen' spoiled. Lmfao!

So that final three special was quite good. Lmfao, Simon and Ryan... so cute. They are in luuurrrvvveeeeeee! TeeHee! I will admit that Fantasia endeared herself to me slightly tonight, she wasn't so hard to handle. I actually found her humour to be 'real' it usually feels so put on, but tonight I actually laughed *with* her, especially at the 'Food, Food' bit. Um, Jasmine was super boring - as usual. Diana was super perky, but she's cute. I loved her comment about 'horns'... lmfao Ryan's face was priceless at that comment, I think he thought something else.

Argh, so I'm kinda scared to see Guy's performance, after I found out who left, I went over to the AI thread, and lots of Guy slagging. Lots of "go home to your own country" stuff! Eek!
Michael: Guess what, I have flaws. What are they? Oh, I don't know. I sing in the shower. Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me. No, don't sue me. That is the opposite of the point that I'm trying to make.
Old 05-21-2004, 07:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread Phee.

Yesterday....my brother told me that his friend is going to sing for Australian Idol 2 on Sunday in Perth my brother says he's very good, so I hope he doen't suck
I don't know this friend so I wish him good luck
Old 05-21-2004, 08:20 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by JustaGirl
Yesterday....my brother told me that his friend is going to sing for Australian Idol 2 on Sunday in Perth my brother says he's very good, so I hope he doen't suck
I don't know this friend so I wish him good luck
I wish him luck too

edit: let him know that he should get there at like 10/11pm on Saturday night...they start turning people away at like 6/7 am

I sooooo want to go to the AI auditions on Sunday or Monday... just ...because and to see if I can meet Jimmy and Andrew
Old 05-21-2004, 08:28 AM
Ultimate Fan

*also misses George*

Samii, yeah, I'd noticed a few not too nice comments about Guy's perf. Perhaps he should have done a different song or something.

Jasmine sang pretty well tonight. Haven't heard her sound that good in weeks.

Still wanna punch Diana for being so damn perky. I liked how Ryan asked her if she ever gets exhausted. That's about the wittiest thing I've ever heard Ryan Seacrest say.

Fantasia's cool. Have I mentioned before that I hope she wins?

Here's an article about Leah McLeod getting that hosting gig....

Ten poaches Nine star for Idol
By EBROADCAST and agencies | May 20, 2004, 14:38

Leah McLeod, former host of Nine's Renovation Rescue and Ten's House of Hits, has been poached to join the ratings blockbuster Australian Idol.

McLeod will front the popular Inside Idol program and will cover the journey of all the contestants from around the country as Australian Idol moves through its gruelling elimination schedule.

“I’m looking forward to getting behind the scenes of this incredibly successful show, to see how the contestants are feeling, what it’s like to be in the competition,” Leah McLeod said today, after signing with Grundy, the show’s producers.

“When I was invited to be involved in Inside Idol, it was too good an opportunity to pass up. Idol is inspiring and exciting, and it shows how Australian’s can step up to the plate.”

Leah is heavily involved with the music industry – she has a long history in FM radio, she’s the sister of The Superjesus’ Sarah McLeod and is married to an industry executive.

Australian Idol executive producer Greg Beness said Leah would be a great asset to the Australian Idol team.

“Becoming the Australian Idol is as much a journey as a destination, and Inside Idol
is all about sharing that with the Australian public,” he said.

Head of Entertainment at Network Ten Stephen Tate said they were excited about Leah McLeod’s return to the Network for Inside Idol.

“Leah has great appeal with the audience and her warm personality will add to the success of Inside Idol when it returns,” Stephen Tate said.
Old 05-21-2004, 11:53 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Fantasia's cool. Have I mentioned before that I hope she wins?
Then you are cool in my book. Not that anyone else isn't. lol I wish we could see other countries' idols. I really like Guy.

When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
Old 05-21-2004, 10:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by p&j =true luv
I wish him luck too

edit: let him know that he should get there at like 10/11pm on Saturday night...they start turning people away at like 6/7 am

I sooooo want to go to the AI auditions on Sunday or Monday... just ...because and to see if I can meet Jimmy and Andrew
He might do that I don't know