Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2004, 01:00 PM
Passionate Fan

I'm going to wait until I can get over to Costco and check if they have it before ordering it online. It's usually cheaper at Costco and they normally do carry the new releases. They certainly had a ton of Buffy whenever a new season is released.

S2M I watched the conclusion last night to Traffic, and I have to admit that I was a bit disappointed. It seemed... I'm not sure. Too easy maybe? It was still good and worth watching. And like the movie, not everything is wrapped up in a nice neat little package at the end either, which I rather found refreshing for some reason.

Now, has anyone seen the movie Office Space? It's often on the Comedy Channel, but I also got the DVD for hubby for Christmas. If you have ever worked in a 'cube farm', you can totally relate to this movie. I read an article some months back that while it didn't do well in the theaters (due mainly to poor-bad promotions by the studio, and if you've seen the DVD cover, you'd agree - the guy covered in Postits really does look like Big Bird!), but it is well on its way to being a cult favorite. After all, how many have ever really wanted to take that !@#$%^& printer that jams all the time out back and beat the crap out of it with a baseball bat? It's just classic!
One word of caution, especially if you're renting it (Comedy Channel is quick with the bleeping, though), some of the language, especially in the background songs, is pretty strong. So you might not want younger kids around when you're watching it.
Old 01-29-2004, 02:09 PM
Absolute Fan

Interesting verry interesting.....

Strange indeed if true

Depp rumour
Old 01-29-2004, 04:21 PM
Ultimate Fan

Taffy Thanks for the report on Traffic! And on Office Space. I freely admit that I have hit computers before, although not with a baseball bat.

Funny - a few years ago, the computer club I sponsor had a fund raiser where they took old computers, and people could hit the computer with a sledge hammer for $1. They put it right outside the biggest computer lab. They made more money off of that event than anything else they had done! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] The only limitation they had was they ran out of old computers.

Magic I actually think JD would be okay in the role because he is very versatile - but the others? Hmmm....

Spoiled Dreamers - The HEART of FF
Old 01-29-2004, 06:31 PM
Absolute Fan

My computer is all screwed up (hopefully my new Dell will be delivered tomorrow) but I can't open up any links. I went to AintItCool, but didn't see anything regarding Johnny Depp - so what's the rumor?

ETA: I poked around and saw his name mentioned as Lex Luthor in the will it ever be made Superman movie - Captain Jack, loved him, as Willy Wonka I think he'll do great, but a bald Lex? Hmmmmmmmmmmm

[ 01-29-2004: Message edited Calico Cat ]
Old 01-29-2004, 09:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Star, [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] When I first read the four hours and ten minute thing, I was hoping that it was Rotk Extended, but I went searching back and didn't at first see the post about it. It was driving me nuts for over a half hour! Me thinks it's time for new glasses [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I'm tryin, but I'm having a hard time seeing JD bald, too. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] I can't wait for PotC2. I know...I have a long wait [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

BTW, has anyone here heard anything about Lifehouse's new album? It was supposed to be released in January I thought.

CC, hang in there darlin' soon you'll be in your glory! And I'm sure it will make updating Evil Takes a Holiday a real treat [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-30-2004, 08:04 AM
Ultimate Fan

Happy Friday, Dreamers! At least, I am hoping it will be a dandy weekend. Besides the horror of finding out if the witch of the office will be my boss for the next three years [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] I have a speech meet tonight and tomorrow. That part will at least be fun, if tiring.

Calico Cat Woohoo! New Dell, huh? I have bought two in the last two years and I love them!

Old 01-30-2004, 10:19 AM
Absolute Fan

From Dark Horizons
"Enterprise"
Confusion is reigning right now as two pretty dire reports have emerged in the last day which point to either a potential overhaul or cancellation for the troubled "Star Trek" spin-off.

Over at Cinescape, an unconfirmed report came in citing that "lackluster support by Les Moonves and Dawn Ostroff at this weekend's UPN press junket has gotten the attention of Garry Hart, President of Paramount Television Productions. Quiet for some time regarding the dismal performance of his division's most important moneymaker, it has been rumored that Hart may be planning as early as March to make concessions to UPN to help keep ENTERPRISE on the air....Hart may be waiting until after ENTERPRISE's February sweeps performance to announce the possible replacement of some of the show's production staff, to possibly include longtime TREK Executive Producer Rick Berman. There is no word at this time of any possible replacements".

Hours later, a report over at TrekBBS indicates that it might all be over - "Jolene Blalock is having some sort of legal troubles because she isn't being released from the final months of her contract and they aren't renewing it [the show] for next year. She wants to get out of the final months of Enterprise but they won't let her". Soon after that was posted though, it was confirmed as fake.

Yesterday's gossip of Beyonce Knowles as Lois Lane and Johny Depp as Lex Luthor has sent quite a few repercussions across the Globe, and already follow-up talk on both however has rendered it moot:

AICN reports that "Seems that McG had decided he wanted to go with Beyonce, nothing official had been signed at that point, HOWEVER, agents of other actresses that were up for the part, their agencies, a few secretaries and assistants here and there all heard that the part was no longer available and was going to Beyonce. THAT is no longer the case today. Today, according to a plethora of sources, the part of Lois Lane is WIDE-OPEN and the line being spread was that Beyonce was, of course, never going to be Lois Lane".

Meanwhile Superhero Hype scored more on the Depp talk: "Johnny Depp for Lex Luthor - bit of misunderstanding. What is really happening is Depp's NAME, ie. he hasn't been contacted (in case you haven't noticed, he's going to be busy for quite a while) is being circled for the role of Superman's father, Jor-el".
Old 01-30-2004, 12:08 PM
Absolute Fan

Trek Changes Due?

Cinescape Online is reporting a rumor that an overhaul may be in the works for UPN's lackluster Star Trek: Enterprise. Citing an anonymous source, the site reported that Paramount Television Productions president Garry Hart may make changes to the show's production staff after February sweeps, including the possible replacement of longtime executive producer Rick Berman.

UPN recently announced that it was moving Enterprise to a later timeslot, 9 p.m. Wednesdays, from its current 8 p.m., starting in March.
Old 01-30-2004, 02:25 PM
Ultimate Fan

Magic Gee, too bad they aren't shoving that actress out the door. I know I personally stopped watching because I could NOT stand T'Pol. I also found the other pathetic female character a waste and an insult to women. Sexist, huh? One female is cold to everyone but dresses in skin tight clothes and displays her body readily while the other is a whiner who can't even do her job and needs to know the others like her to be able to work efficiently. As a female in the tech fields, I am just disgusted by the stereotypes. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

I will admit, however, that much of what they did on Enterprise were huge mistakes. Not creating new races but re-writing history by making the Klingons part of the story then, etc were huge mistakes. Just like the part they are doing now - trying to have T'Pol fall in love with someone - totally against what we know about Vulcans. Having the Vulcans be not friends but almost enemies who look down on the humans was not good either. The PC stories were horrid, although they did try to break some of those rules later one, and worse was the "display an alien and have them have ridiculous biological characteristics" were just glah. The doctor is a case in point, as far as I am concerned.

And the worst thing is the Captain. How could anyone make Scott Bakula not come across well? I don't know but this show did it.

Funny how this show - and the characters they picked - failed to transform into great buddy-buddy relationships as it did with Kirk and Spock and Bones.

Old 01-30-2004, 07:28 PM
Master Fan

Hi SD's
We have mounds of the white stuff eveywhere and its bitterly cold. As long as the sun shines its ok.
Magic thanks !! Nov seems long, but time does fly as we noticed last year and the year before when the LOTR movies and DVDs were released.
CC great song, I used to love Savage Garden once a upon a time.
'Four hours and ten mins ', sounds like something Sting would say [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ 01-30-2004: Message edited navami ]
Old 01-31-2004, 09:23 AM
jjj
Addicted Fan

Imagine my suprise when I was surfing by Sci-Fi channel and caught part of Sexual Healing. It was pretty much over but still it amazed me to see how believable M&L were. I could believe that Max loved Liz! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] The ending when they walked across the street and finally went to face the parents was still great. Makes one sad to realize how good the show was back then and how far it sunk. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

jjj
Old 01-31-2004, 01:41 PM
Absolute Fan

Ahhh, jjj, great memories. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

(and I'm typing on my new Dell system with the free 17" flat monitor) [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 01-31-2004: Message edited Calico Cat ]

[ 01-31-2004: Message edited Calico Cat ]
Old 01-31-2004, 11:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hi [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

I hope everything is going well for the SD's. Hugs to all of you.

I was at a loss at first about the 4 hours 10 minutes but I did figure it out. Must be the alzheimers kicking in. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Star, sorry to hear about your new boss. I've been there done that. Actually, the wench that fired me is leaving and is moving to Texas. My sympathies to the employees that she will be in control of. But I was nice, I sent her an email to congratulate her. BTW I'm still a temporary employee, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for permanent employment. It's not a great job, but it would include health insurance.

You all were talking about weather. When I left for work on Friday is was like -25, don't know what the windchill was. Tomorrow it's suppose to be like 17, hey this is going to be a heat wave.

I know this is controversial, but I am so looking forward to the opening of Mel Gibson's new movie, The Passion of Christ. I've seen trailers, and it's not a movie that you buy popcorn.

Rowswell is on DVD? Thanks for the info.

Cuddlebear. thanks for the songs, I miss you. You know what I mean.

Take care,

Ellen [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-31-2004: Message edited Ellen2 ]
Old 02-01-2004, 06:42 AM
Dedicated Fan

Happy Sunday everyone!

I just got a new computer too, an eMac and it is wonderful! It is so fast and I can actually get into all of the sites without constantly rebooting! Now, if only I can pry my kids away long enough to give me a chance to experiment with everything I will be in heaven.

I hope everyone has a great day.

jjac
Old 02-01-2004, 07:38 AM
Loyal Fan

Congrats on the new toy jjac! I can see the smile on your face from here [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Hi Ellen, long time no see.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread