Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2004, 01:45 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Chunky Monkey:
<STRONG>

Taffy Thanks for the info. Are they mimicking the movie? I didn't see it, so I guess it makes no real difference, just curious.</STRONG>
Yes, the basic idea and format are very similar, but different stories. The movie was set mainly in Mexico, Chicago (? ) and So. CA and deals primarily with the world of drugs. The mini-series is set in Seattle and Afghanistan and deals with several things, smuggling of illegals, drugs, organized crime, and terrorism. And like the movie, it has several stories going all at once that you can see are heading for a collision course. But I can’t tell what that collision is going to look like, yet. Some of it is obvious but not all.

One thing though, like the movie it switches back and forth between storylines and if you miss something, you’ll get lost really fast. Also some things are explained in flashbacks.

I actually like the mini-series more than the movie. This is one of the better TV movies/mini-series that I’ve seen in a long time. I’m surprised it’s on the USA network and not something like HBO. It’s of that caliber.

I can’t wait to see how it ends tonight.

ETA here's the link to an article I found at zap2it,com, that tells a more about the actual storylines: http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve...696|1|,00.html

[ 01-28-2004: Message edited Taffy ]
Old 01-28-2004, 01:50 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Magic:
<STRONG>Enterprise News

It's moving back an hour to 9:00 starting March 3rd
and in it's place UPN will premiere a new midseason series- Game Over
And remaining episodes of The Mullets take over the 8:30 time.

After the March 3rd episode No new episodes until the end of April

[ 01-28-2004: Message edited Magic ]</STRONG>
It can't be a confidence builder to the crew/cast of Enterprise to see their time slot being given to The Mullets.

And off for two months? Not good.

UPN seems to be scraping the bottom of the barrel for programming.
Old 01-28-2004, 07:46 PM
Obsessed Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

I Knew I Loved You
Savage Garden

Maybe it's intuition
But some things you just don't question
Like in your eyes
I see my future in an instant
And there it goes
I think I've found my best friend
I know that it might sound more than a little crazy
But I believe

I knew I loved you before I met you
I think I dreamed you into life
I have been waiting all my life

There's just no rhyme or reason
Only this sense of completion
And in your eyes
I see the missing pieces
I'm searching for
I think I've found my way home

I know that it might sound more than a little crazy
But I believe

A thousand angels dance around you
I am complete now that I've found you

Old 01-28-2004, 10:35 PM
Loyal Fan

Cuddles, you are reading my mind today. Great song. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-29-2004, 03:12 AM
Loyal Fan

4 hours 10 minutes?! [img]smilies/thud.gif[/img]

[ 01-29-2004: Message edited kveldsro ]

Miles Kington
Old 01-29-2004, 03:23 AM
Loyal Fan

Either Carrie is out and about or my last post was end of page...nothing to see here, move along.

Miles Kington
Old 01-29-2004, 07:48 AM
Ultimate Fan

4 Hours and 10 Minutes? [img]smilies/hotpinkie.gif[/img] [img]smilies/hotpinkie.gif[/img] I can't wait for those missing scenes!

Cuddles Beautiful song. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

kveldsro You know, that silly Carrie sure has changed since all this started. We used to lose whole posts in the middle of the thread, whole pages, or whole threads! Now, she only plays games on those end of the page posts. Gee, is she mellowing in her old age?

Spoiled Dreamers - The HEART of FF
Old 01-29-2004, 08:43 AM
Absolute Fan

From The hollywood Reporter

'Rex' to roam Earth in Sci Fi project

After more than three years of development, Sci Fi Channel has given the green light to "Anonymous Rex," a two-hour backdoor pilot/movie based on Eric Garcia's series of books, and has commissioned two more scripts from the Fox TV Studios-produced project. Julian Jarrold (BBC/PBS' "Great Expectations") has been tapped to direct the pilot from a script by Joe Menosky (UPN's "Star Trek: Voyager"). Production is slated to begin in March. Garcia's "Rex" comedic mystery novels center on Vincent Rubio, a high-tech private investigator who, along with hundreds of others on Earth, are in fact dinosaurs (in his case, Velociraptor). They never became extinct. Instead, they have evolved to be 6 feet tall and have integrated themselves into modern society by disguising themselves with human-looking latex costumes
Old 01-29-2004, 08:49 AM
Absolute Fan

THE HANDLER (CBS) - The Eye's struggling drama series will actually produce 16 episodes this season, not 15 as previously reported. Its season finale, featuring guest star Annabella Sciorra ("The Sopranos"), airs February 13.

TRAFFIC (USA) - Part one of the three-part, six-hour, $12 million mini-series scored a solid 2.8 million viewers on Monday, but fell short of fellow cable series "WWE Raw" on Spike TV and "Law & Order" on TNT during the 9:00/8:00c and 10:00/9:00c hours. "Traffic" however edged out TNT's "Law & Order" among adults 18-49 (1.5 million viewers). On the flip slide, the mini-series lost 100,000 viewers of lead-in "Law & Order: S.V.U.'s" overall audience. The news comes on the heels of USA's rare monthly win among cable networks for January (2.5 million viewers on average), its first victory since July 2000. The network also won the month (which ended in ratings terms on January 25) in adults 18-49 and adults 25-54. USA executives attribute the performance to the return of "Monk" and repeats of "S.V.U."

Above is from The Futon Critic

[ 01-29-2004: Message edited Magic ]
Old 01-29-2004, 08:55 AM
Absolute Fan

Cameras Roll in Tokyo on The Grudge Source: Columbia Pictures Thursday, January 29, 2004

Filming begins in Tokyo later this month on The Grudge, a new production based on the hit Japanese horror franchise Ju-On, starring Sarah Michelle Gellar, Jason Behr, KaDee Strickland, Clea DuVall, William Mapother, and Bill Pullman.

Director Takashi Shimizu (Ju-On) returns to bring the terrifyingly-real horror thriller to worldwide audiences by directing American stars in an English language remake with new heart-stopping scares and surprises. The Grudge is produced by Sam Raimi and Rob Tapert (Xena, Hercules), creators of such horror classics as the "Evil Dead" trilogy, and world-renowned Japanese producer, Taka Ichise (Ringu).

The Grudge is the curse of one who dies in the grip of a powerful rage which gathers and affects the places in which that person lived. Those who encounter this murderous supernatural curse die and a new curse is born -- passed like a virus, from victim to victim in an endless, growing chain of horror.

Says producer Sam Raimi who is currently working on the post-production of the upcoming Spider-Man 2, "'Ju-On' is one of the most frightening films I've ever seen. Shimizu crafted some of the most unique onscreen scares in his Japanese version. He was relentless in his delivery, leaving you no time to catch your breath. I'm betting that Shimizu will bring the American horror genre to a whole new level."

Filming is taking place at various locations in Tokyo and at Toho Studios. The shoot continues through mid March and some of the original Japanese actors from Ju-On will reprise their roles. Takako Fuji as 'Kayoko' and Yuya Ozeki as 'Toshio' return for this Hollywood version of the cult classic hit.

Roy Lee (The Ring), Doug Davison, Joe Drake (Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle) and Nathan Kahane (Boogeyman) serve as Executive Producers.

The Grudge is the second film to go into production for Ghost House Pictures, a joint venture between Raimi, Tapert and Senator International, that is dedicated to producing commercial feature films with horror, sci-fi and fantasy themes.

Columbia Pictures is handling North American distribution for the movie and plans to release The Grudge in Fall 2004.
Old 01-29-2004, 09:06 AM
Loyal Fan

Okay I give up, will somebody please tell me what is four hours and ten minutes?????

Edited to add: Nevermind, I finally found the post! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE EXTENDED EDITION TO BE RELEASED!! WOOHOO!

[ 01-29-2004: Message edited ROS-G-MOM ]
Old 01-29-2004, 09:16 AM
Loyal Fan

Star, sssshhhhhh - don't wake the sleeping Carrie monster [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]. I thought twice before even typing her name. Those were the frustrating days. Me, I think she just hated Dreamers. Now that she knows we were jipped in the end she's content to meddle very occasionally.

You know how I feel about RotK the extended DVD. There had better be some Faramir story among other things [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I'm really hoping the 4 hours and 10 minutes will allow a bit more that's faithful to the book.

I caved and ordered the Roswell DVD from Amazon last week. I'm weak [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Miles Kington
Old 01-29-2004, 10:15 AM
Absolute Fan

Weak? kv, I ordered it weeks ago ~ and I know I'll order Seasons 2 and 3. I'm just a glutton for punishment [img]smilies/spineyes.gif[/img]

Regarding LOTR ~ I'm still going to wait for the humongous boxed set of the extended versions I'm sure they will come out with. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-29-2004, 10:48 AM
Ultimate Fan

Since we are all confessing - I will too. I will be ordering it as well. I can guarantee that it won't be in any stores around here, since the show was not seen by most people in my area. The local WB has such a weak signal that unless they paid for extended cable, they never saw it. Too bad.

I have a dandy set - but since I have so many Roswell items that are collectable (assuming this series will ever be collectable), I will probably order them too. Lord knows, they may really be valuable because they will almost certainly be in unopened sets.

But it would allow me to re-use those VHS tapes from S2 and S3.

Ros-G-Mom I have to wonder what you thought we might have been talking about as 4 hours and ten minutes, but this is a family board so I won't ask. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Spoiled Dreamers - The HEART of FF
Old 01-29-2004, 11:18 AM
Absolute Fan

I confess.... I ordered it too!