Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2014, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

It's always a big disappointment when you have to go back home.
Old 08-20-2014, 06:03 AM
Addicted Fan

Yep! Especially when you come back to mountains of work, it's taken until this afternoon just to get through all of the post!

Still, all good things must come to an end

I'm going to book up for next year, not sure where yet but it's cheered me up just looking

Tom always makes me happy too
Old 08-21-2014, 12:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Yeah, and most of the post is just junk mail.

That's great, it's a good idea to book early, it gets you already excited for your next holiday.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:40 AM
Addicted Fan

We did have a lot of junk mail, but also so much other stuff,

Booked to go back to the same place again, next year, we are going with my daughters friends family so that will be nice, I would of probably gone somewhere different but the girls wanted to go back

It's a long way away though
Old 08-22-2014, 02:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

That'll be nice. Aww, but you'll have something to look forward to, even if it is a long way off.
Old 08-24-2014, 08:42 AM
Addicted Fan

It will be something to look forward to, but I think I might need to go somewhere inbetween, I would love to go somewhere hot again, as I think it's been really cold here since we got home when do you next have a holiday? I have a week at the beginning of October
Old 08-24-2014, 01:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Yeah, I don't blame you. It has gotten rather cold again.

I have two weeks off at the end of September sometime. Not going anywhere, just nice relaxing time at home. Looking forward to that.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:13 AM
Addicted Fan

That's good, it won't be long until you get some rest then what awful weather for a bank holiday, it's so cold, I'm fed up and I've only been back just over a week
Old 08-25-2014, 12:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

It was absolutely miserable this morning. It was so dark! And it doesn't look too good for the rest of the week either.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:00 AM
Addicted Fan

It's very bad, especially as we're still in August, I actually put on the fire last night, and that goes against everything I believe in I could go back to Turkey for a week in the last week of September, it's much cheaper, but I don't relish battling two schools, as they'll only of been back three weeks, it's very annoying
Old 08-27-2014, 02:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Yeah, it's pretty miserable. Raining right now. Not good for the town's Regatta. But then 9 times out of 10 it seems to rain a lot during Regatta. That's one thing that really annoys me is the fact the cost of holiday is cheaper during term time. Its so wrong.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:43 AM
Addicted Fan

Aww, that's a shame, hopefully it will brighten up for you, it's not too bad here at the moment, but still quite cold

It's very wrong when the government/tour operators punish working parents, by inflating prices in the school holidays, and now on top of that we get fined for the kids having a week off, I get so mad about it my children are never off sick, (touch wood), I can understand it for the odd few who would take advantage, but the system has gone crazy
Old 08-27-2014, 12:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

The forecast doesn't look great, but hopefully it'll at least be brighter tomorrow and Friday.

Oh the whole system has gone way over the top. I'm not even a parent and it makes me mad. I've lost count the stories I've read about genuine exceptional circumstances in which parents take their children out of school in term time and then face fines and even prison sentences. Even for holidays, there's no leeway anymore thanks to this sufferable crack down. Like you say, I can understand the few who just take their children out for no reason should be punished, but for genuine reasons, there needs to be common sense.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:41 AM
Addicted Fan

I think it's got to get warmer next week,

It wasn't so bad when the schools gave you ten days leeway, that was much fairer, it gives everyone much more choice to pick holiday dates, I just find the whole thing so annoying

Anyway, I will now get off my soapbox
Old 08-29-2014, 08:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Yeah, for at least sunnier weather next week!

Yeah, now it's like you can't do anything. Ah well. So. How's you're Friday going? I'm posting a lot quickly before the Typhoon air display comes in about an hours time. Ugh, I hate that thing. It is so freaking loud I can feel the building shake. I'm hiding away in the loft when it comes. I did that last year. Maybe bring my laptop with me and listen to some music or watch youtube videos or something. Don't think I'll be able to drown the noise out though. But the loft, even if it is at the top of the house is the least echoey part of the house. Anyways. Looking forward to the Red Arrows though. I have seen their displays many times, but at least they're great to watch. I can pretty much watch them from my bedroom window.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread