Kingswear Park Club, Kingswear

Old 07-20-2014, 11:12 AM
Addicted Fan

Oh wow they both look fantastic places, I might have a look at those
Old 07-20-2014, 12:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

We had rented suites with both places, so we'd always stay in the same suite when we came down. It must be around 15 years since we last visited Kingswear Park Club, but we did stay at the Osbourne Hotel one last time around 7 years ago before my dad sold it. Don't know if much has changed, but definitely recommend them!
Old 07-20-2014, 02:08 PM
Addicted Fan

That must of been nice to go to if you rented the rooms, you get to know everyone there
I went to a hotel in the Costa Del Sol, called the Aloha Puerto, ten years running, it was fantastic, but after I had children it didn't suit them as it was mainly for adults
Old 07-22-2014, 02:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Yeah, it really was.

I love the Costa Del Sol, lovely area of Spain. I just looked up that hotel, looks like it's become more family friendly since you've been there! (I'm guessing this is the same hotel...Sol Aloha Puerto - Hotel in Torremolinos - SPAIN
Old 07-22-2014, 04:04 AM
Addicted Fan

Ooh! Yes that's the one, it's still looks a great hotel, it's in a fantastic position, right on the beach, that brings back a lot of lovely memories for me. Yes it does look quite family orientated now, but I still don't think there would be enough there to amuse my kids, they like slides and water parks now the food there is fantastic, such variety and it's got good entertainment going on

This is where we're going next Saturday

Last edited by Becwelling; 07-22-2014 at 06:05 AM
Old 07-22-2014, 12:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

It certainly looks lovely right on the beach.

Ooh, that's gorgeous, looks like a lot of fun too!
Old 07-23-2014, 04:08 AM
Addicted Fan

It's very hot there now, so I'm not going to get the girls out of that pool oh well! I shall just have to chill out on a sun lounger
Old 07-23-2014, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

I wouldn't blame them! I'd want to stay in there too.

It has been extremely hot today. Absolutely lovely though, and there was nice sea breeze But in the house, on the top floor….phew. I've had my window open and my fan going for most of the day but as heat rises it is still very hot up here. I don't particularly want to sleep in the spare room downstairs so will just have to keep cooling off up here tonight.
Old 07-23-2014, 02:20 PM
Addicted Fan

It's the same here, it's so hot, I'm not moaning but I know what you mean it's so hard to sleep, I have a ceiling fan and the window open, but it's still very humid

It must be lovely to live by the sea and get the breeze though it normally goes a little cooler in the middle of the night, and then I don't want to wake up in the morning
I can have a little lie in in the morning though, as it's my day off
Old 07-25-2014, 03:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

It's one of the bummers having bedrooms so high up in the house at this time of year. Oh yes, the sea breeze is lovely when we get it. Definitely helps make the air feel a little fresher.
Old 07-26-2014, 02:52 PM
Addicted Fan

Well I've survived my youngest daughters sleepover, for her birthday, none of them slept as it was so warm, they were still talking and giggling at three in the morning, but at least they enjoyed themselves

I've done some packing for my holiday tonight, just a little left for tomorrow, I thought I'd better get it done, as I'm going to be busy aft work next week
Old 07-27-2014, 02:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Must've been fun. It's always nice for them to stay up that late now it's the summer holidays.

I always dread the packing part, I never know what clothes to take with me, and I always end up putting in too much.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:04 AM
Addicted Fan

Well, I've definitely got too many holiday clothes, I'm not sure if my case will shut

Apparantly the wifi is pretty much non existant in the hotel, so I probably won't be on very much (if at all) for two weeks so I was thinking I might buy four episodes of Smallville to watch on the flights, (to get my Tom fix ), but seeing as I have so many favourite episodes, it's hard to choose between them, so I'm definitely getting Escape (my all time favourite) and was wondering which other three you would choose? There are just so many good ones
Old 07-28-2014, 11:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

It's always a squeeze.

Good idea! Escape is my all time favourite episode too. It is tough to choose a few episodes when there are so many good ones. I'd recommend light hearted episodes such as Idol & Warrior from S9 and Hex from S8, those were the episodes I had on my iPod as well as Escape. Ooh and Isis and Harvest from S10 would be good choices too. I also had Transference and Spell from S4. It's impossible to just choose 3 or 4.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread