Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-02-2011, 11:26 AM
Extreme Fan

kabous
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rian (View Post)

What did Peter do iin the last episode to cause Alicia to be distrustful and unhappy? Zach can think for himself and Glenn got what he deserved. I didn't see Peter "falling back into old habits". He doesn't need to be humbled, he has been humbled. Glenn pulled the first trigger and if he can't take it, he shouldn't dish it out
Alicia clearly told Eli that she didn't want the kids dragged into the campaign, in any way shape or form. As soon as they told Eli he should have taken it, shut them down, then did the "research" on his own, not sent them to do it. Their decision or not, Alicia made abundantly clear she didn't want the kids getting tin the thick of things, and Eli did that, and purposely circumvented Alicia to do it. And Peter did the same by not telling her when he knew what Zach was up to.

Alicia's biggest issue with Peter is trust, and here he goes down slippery slope of keeping secrets from her again. it's like she what she confessed to Kalinda, she's afraid things will go back to the old ways if he's elected, her being kept in the dark. Last night's episode was a subtle hint tat Alicia's fears may not be unfounded. I'm sure she won't find it a small thing if and when she finds out.

Has Peter been humbled? or, more accurately, has be learned from his mistakes, especially in regard to his family?

Glenn got his comeuppance, yes, but now Peter has to be ready to pay the price of pissing off Glenn. Peter is no saint, either, and both Glenn and Kalinda know a lot that could bring him down. Free from the "etiquette" of the campaign, so to speak, Glenn can really go after Peter. What does he have to lose?
Old 03-02-2011, 11:54 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Glenn got his comeuppance, yes, but now Peter has to be ready to pay the price of pissing off Glenn. Peter is no saint, either, and both Glenn and Kalinda know a lot that could bring him down. Free from the "etiquette" of the campaign, so to speak, Glenn can really go after Peter. What does he have to lose?
Yup, I would be careful if I was Peter. We still do not really know what Glenn has on him, and I am sure it is a lot, unless the writers are not going to go there. And you are right, Glenn has nothing to lose now, he can surely do a lot of damage.

I agree, it seems things are convenient falling in line for Peter, but I guess its to be expected since its probably no secret that Peter was mostly likely going to win, it seems they could not up with something more interesting to drive these two out. I think is safe to say that there is a lot of baggage Peter has, which the writers have not really touched.
Also though, that last line by Childs, you have to admit was pretty weak, he is in this job to do good, I mean believe him but I do not see him as better than Peter, they are both sneaky and conniving

And did ya hear that right, 6 more weeks until the campaign is over? So which means that the end of the campaign will mostly likely be episode 18 or 19.

Regarding Zach and Alicia, not sure if Alicia ever finds out. But I bet if she ever did, she would be pissed!

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 03-02-2011, 12:02 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Last night's episode was a subtle hint tat Alicia's fears may not be unfounded.
I don't know if Peter's exactly slipping just yet but I also don't think it's fortuitous that line of Alicia was in this episode. Power is was she's afraid of, not Peter. And although he did show last season and in the beginning of the campaign he was weary of its effects on him, I agree that this episode brought a little doubt on that. At least I hope so because if they are honestly trying to make him look like the clean guy here, I'm sorry but

Quote:
And you are right, Glenn has nothing to lose now, he can surely do a lot of damage.
he's even more dangerous than before. I'm not sure it was such a smart move to get him out this way.

Quote:
I guess its to be expected since its probably no secret that Peter was mostly likely going to win
It seems way too obvious now. I don't know why they haven't had the elections yet. It gives me hope this is not sown up.

Quote:
Also though, that last line by Childs, you have to admit was pretty weak, he is in this job to do good, I mean believe him but I do not see him as better than Peter, they are both sneaky and conniving
I think he says that because Peter is basically accusing him or being in it for the power and he tells him you have some balls telling me that. We've talked about this before but I truly believe the politics is more an inconvenience to Glenn. He'd rather be doing the job without having to go through all the BS.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Last edited by Gelfling; 03-02-2011 at 12:07 PM
Old 03-02-2011, 12:15 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
At least I hope so because if they are honestly trying to make him look like the clean guy here, I'm sorry but
I don't think that they can make him look likethe clean guy here. Peter and Eli had proof of Glen's illegal nanny because they recorded the pay off. I don't think that was a legal recording.........

I don't thinking Peter's slipping as such. Actually, I wonder if he ever really slipped professionally? Politics is a game he's always had to play. Peter's failings have always been shown to be personal, those charges bought against him were never proven, were they?

On another note, what did everyone think of Alicia's reaction to finding out why the firm had actually taken the case?
Old 03-02-2011, 12:17 PM
Extreme Fan

I thought it was a nice, subtle touch that they had Alicia and Kalinda have that conversation, then showed the subtle seeds of Peter beginning to slip into bad habits. Not that I'm dating he's back in full douche bag mode, but his behavior last night showed he's not horribly that far away yet from the man he once was, at least in terms of what he'll do to win.

It was interestingly paralleled with Alicia's disillusionment with Will last night, seeing how he was willing to compromise his ideals and morals for the sake of winning and the sake of the business. It turned out okay in the end, but you could tell Alicia was rustled by what happened, how easily Will could compartmentalize. I think she'd be equally as rattled by Peter, especially since she already knows he's capable of doing it in the past. Poor (overly-idealistic, perhaps?) Alicia, surrounded by suitors with less-than-pure motives....
Old 03-02-2011, 12:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I don't think that they can make him look likethe clean guy here. Peter and Eli had proof of Glen's illegal nanny because they recorded the pay off. I don't think that was a legal recording.........
Oh I meant the show was trying to make him look like the clean guy, not Eli or the campaign

Quote:
On another note, what did everyone think of Alicia's reaction to finding out why the firm had actually taken the case?
I totally forgot about that moment when I posted yesterday
I loved it. They have shown Alicia becoming way more cynical about the job these past weeks and I liked that they brought things into perspective again.
Yes she's more of a cynic and yes, she's trying to harden herself but she's surrounded by the masters of cynicism and she's not quite there yet.

Also it was an interesting moment for Will. He didn't try to make excuses or pretend she was reading it all wrong. He owned up to it. I Like that he was unapologetic. It would have been so easy to blame it on "the job" or responsibilities towards the firm etc...

Old 03-02-2011, 12:39 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I think he says that because Peter is basically accusing him or being in it for the power and he tells him you have some balls telling me that.
Yea thats what I mean, I think they are both in it for the power so one accusing the other is so hypocritical! Like lets me serious, yea you might care about doing good, but at the end of the day, they both just want power and so does Wendy btw

Quote:
he's even more dangerous than before. I'm not sure it was such a smart move to get him out this way.
nope, is not. I mean remember what he almost did in Hi, he can try to use Kalinda again....that could get messy!

Also what happens to Cary now that Childs is out?

Quote:
It seems way too obvious now. I don't know why they haven't had the elections yet. It gives me hope this is not sown up.
Yea I do not, I agree why not just end it. Maybe they do have something else up their sleeves.

Quote:
Power is was she's afraid of, not Peter.
Absolutely no doubt about! She does not want the same power hungry Peter who does not care about anything else to come back.

Quote:
Also it was an interesting moment for Will. He didn't try to make excuses or pretend she was reading it all wrong. He owned up to it.
Yup, and he seems to always do that, never really apologize for doing his job!

Quote:
HA I posted almost the same question in the A thread

Quote:
Poor (overly-idealistic, perhaps?) Alicia, surrounded by suitors with less-than-pure motives....
Yup a bit idealistic, and the men in her life will continue to disappoint her.

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 03-02-2011, 12:43 PM
Ultimate Fan

What a great episode! But first, let me rejoyce for Bond's dismissal! Now we just need the other half of the annoying team out of Chicago and then the world will be alright again!

The case was interesting. I'm really happy to see Ken Leung on TV again and in such a different role from Miles. He really dead great. Just as much as Hickey. Viola had more "depth" this time around, but I still not like her this much. She sends me wrong vibes. And I was right! She was the one with the unexpected offer for Alicia! Ah! I'm proud of myself! However, I think the most interesting thing that came out of it was the conversation between Alicia and Will. I really loved it! It reminded me of Running actually, when she Alicia questions her job and what's right and what's wrong. She's surely got more cynical since then, but she's still bending on the purest side of the spectrum. She looked great too in that scene.

Great scene between Kalinda and Alicia, the one from the preview. It's cute and sweet and it shows how things have changed too. But not as much as the one with Cary (shocking kiss! It was merely a peck!). Kalinda's really reaching the breaking point here. She's showing herself weaker than usual, too much pressure on her. I can't wait to see how this will be polayed out.

Homeless lawyers meetings were fantastic. Funny, hilarious at times (thanks to David Lee), but also very full of tension. Those four are great schemers. Kudos to Julius for his double game. I'm really liking him more now. As for David, I was already head over heels for him, but I think he was more than superlative in this episode, specially in the voting scene.

Loved Diane and Will running around the office! That was hilarious. (BTW, Diane was running to the depo too...how does she do that on those high heels? ). And the scene at the restaurant! Just loved her face when the older partner called the waitress b*tch!

Bond is finally out. It was so good to see him so crushed. That's what you get when you try to bring the awesome L&G team down! Speaking of which, the final scene with Diane and Will was made of awesome! I just it. Even though it made me sad a bit too. Oh, and I loved those two when they looked at Alicia with that haunted look before going to the meeting!!!

Loved the campaign stuff too. From Eli dancing his little dance to Zach and Peter's last scene. Even Becca was less annoying if that's possible! However, the highlight was certainly Peter VS Glenn in the office. Great chemistry!

Finally, I want to add how much I appreciated the directing towards the end, the way the director's played with the office space, the glass windows and the doors. Very smart. Specially when Alicia was passing by. Great way to introduce such long awaited scene!
Old 03-02-2011, 12:47 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:

........... Alicia's disillusionment with Will last night, seeing how he was willing to compromise his ideals and morals for the sake of winning and the sake of the business. It turned out okay in the end, but you could tell Alicia was rustled by what happened....
Viola's job offer promises some interesting plot development. It could give Alicia some bargaining clout in case Cary is brought back at higher pay. What I'd really like to see is her using it to get this firm to look at it's slipping integrity. I don't think this case turned out well. In fact I found the outcome really repugnant. The poor tortured dissident got nothing out of it. "No money and no more reporting of IPs" The latter concession won't make any difference because the replacement company that Diane/Will have helped get into China are going to report because "it's the law." How expedient! How cavalier! How shallow! Shudder. Right now I'm disgusted with my boy Will.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
nope, is not. I mean remember what he almost did in Hi, he can try to use Kalinda again....that could get messy!
Agreed. Not sure Kalinda would go along with it considering the recent developments but he might have some room for arm twisting.
Also what was that look on Kalinda's face after Alicia tells her "you know... life." when they talk about Peter and the election?

Quote:
Also what happens to Cary now that Childs is out?
Don't tell me you don't see it coming, Kicks. He's going to help Kalinda and get his ass fired, that's what.
Btw, he could go to jail just for telling Kalinda about the grand jury... you think he might have told her who the witness was since he was at it

Quote:
Yup, and he seems to always do that, never really apologize for doing his job!
I liked that. And it's not as if they were screwing their client either.

Quote:
How expedient! How cavalier! How shallow! Shudder. Right now I'm disgusted with my boy Will.
It's not shallow. It's not as if they had thrown a client under the bus to help another one. They do good things in the process. It's just not their primary goal.

Quote:
She's showing herself weaker than usual, too much pressure on her
I wish they had something else in mind than just making her weak to make her more palatable to the audience at large though. If there is a point to it, could we please get to it now? It's been a whole season of her getting weaker. If we actually got to find out something interesting about her now, it would not be a total waste.

Quote:
I can't wait to see how this will be polayed out.
I'm worried. I can see how it plays out already. If it had happened last year, I would have trusted the writers more but this season, I'm afraid Kalinda will keep being used to try to get the younger demo on board even after Blake is gone. I kinda like her to be more than a marketing tool, don't ask me why

Quote:
As for David, I was already head over heels for him, but I think he was more than superlative in this episode, specially in the voting scene.
so much fun! Can we get more of him? I know he's busy and all but I can't get enough!

Quote:
Loved Diane and Will running around the office!
Josh doing the slide on the carpet made me

Quote:
the way the director's played with the office space, the glass windows and the doors. Very smart. Specially when Alicia was passing by
very very nice direction again. The photography was excellent once again.

Old 03-02-2011, 02:07 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
I wish they had something else in mind than just making her weak to make her more palatable to the audience at large though. If there is a point to it, could we please get to it now? It's been a whole season of her getting weaker. If we actually got to find out something interesting about her now, it would not be a total waste.
I think it's coming (and now I sound like a Lost add). Just give them an episode or two. But I can feel your pain and understand it.

Quote:
so much fun! Can we get more of him? I know he's busy and all but I can't get enough!
Already on my Xmas list along with less Squids and more cowboys.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:09 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Also what was that look on Kalinda's face after Alicia tells her "you know... life." when they talk about Peter and the election?
Honestly Fluff, half the time I am not sure what Kalinda is thinking She like kind of rolls her eyes and then gives this small nod of "yea I can understand the feeling"

Quote:
Not sure Kalinda would go along with it considering the recent developments but he might have some room for arm twisting.
Yea I am not sure, Kalinda is way too invested in Alicia to do anything to hurt her.

Quote:
Don't tell me you don't see it coming, Kicks. He's going to help Kalinda and get his ass fired, that's what.
heh you think? But what I meant is, his job, like lets say he does not get fired? what happens? does he work for Peter or back to LGB?

Quote:
Btw, he could go to jail just for telling Kalinda about the grand jury... you think he might have told her who the witness was since he was at it
haha, true! if you are gonna break the law, go all the way

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 03-02-2011, 02:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:

It's not shallow. It's not as if they had thrown a client under the bus to help another one.
We disagree, and I'm cool with that.

My issue with the case outcome is that a very powerful high-rolling client profitted while the Chinese dissident got nada for his suffering, and he was the contractual client to begin with. The mind boggles. I'm not as intimately acquainted as some here with the realities of keeping a law office afloat. I guess I'm just sayin' I share Alicia's liberal values and I hope she finds a platform for expressing them and getting validated.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:55 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
My issue with the case outcome is that a very powerful high-rolling client profitted while the Chinese dissident got nada for his suffering
Did he say that he wanted something? I thought he was fine with being morally right and only for the company to stop giving names so no one else would suffer like he did.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:08 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
She like kind of rolls her eyes and then gives this small nod of "yea I can understand the feeling"
Maybe, maybe not.
In retrospect after the Cary scene, maybe she's just thinking "oh life... I kinda wish I had that"... Nah
I think it might be linked to what we are discussing in the P/G/K thread about her helping Glenn. Maybe they are making her look like she's wondering whether Alicia wouldn't be happier with Peter not winning, I don't know.

Quote:
Kalinda is way too invested in Alicia to do anything to hurt her.
But what if she thinks it wouldn't hurt her? That's my point about the look after that conversation. What Alicia doesn't know won't hurt her, that's Kalinda's thing. And if she has to do it to protect herself...

Quote:
what happens? does he work for Peter or back to LGB?
I think they made it clear he was going back to L&G for a while. And since he'll get his ass canned, he probably will let the outrageous demands slide a bit.

Quote:
I think it's coming (and now I sound like a Lost add)
we're only missing the funky fog thing... oh wait... it's Glenn, isn't it?

Quote:
Already on my Xmas list along with less Squids and more cowboys.
We should make it happen