Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2011, 10:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForVanAngel (View Post)
Dexter: Season 4, Episode 1

Solid start in season 4, I really hope it's better than the just okay season 3, it has to be. John Lithgow could become a really great killer and enemy, Frank Lundy is back, Dexter really tired because his Junior keeps him up all night, there is potential, hope they make something out of it.
You are going to love this season much more than season 3 and John Lithgow is an absolutely amazing killer and enemy. You're in for a fantastic ride, Matt.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:49 AM
Elite Fan

I've only gotten through the first two seasons of Dexter because I'm cheap and Netflix is always showing season 3 discs as 'Very Long Wait.'

Southland

I watched the first disc on Sunday, and I really like the show. Ben McKenzie does a great job as a cop (named Ben) right out of the academy. I really like his character, and I like Shawn Hatosy, Kevin Alejandro, and Regina King too. C. Thomas Howell's Dewey is by far my least favorite.

Oddly enough, I find myself sorta wanting Ben to hook up with Chickie, which I wouldn't have thought after the first episode.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:02 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
You are going to love this season much more than season 3 and John Lithgow is an absolutely amazing killer and enemy. You're in for a fantastic ride, Matt.
Thank you, Betty. I really hope, I liked the first two seasons, but the Miguel one was too slow. To quote Dexter: „At least I’m on the right road.“ We'll see the next days. I've heard from some people, that it's a great season. How did you feel about season 3?
Old 04-04-2011, 11:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Season 3 was okay...but I wasn't that crazy about it. Season 4 really takes this show up a notch. John Lithgow is such a perfect...eerie villain. I was actually afraid to watch the episodes of this season while I was alone in the house. (I'm a wimp).
Old 04-04-2011, 12:27 PM
Master Fan

Celebrity Apprentice
Anyone watch this? I am watching the one from last night right now and wow Meatloaf went psycho....insane man.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:28 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Season 3 was okay...but I wasn't that crazy about it. Season 4 really takes this show up a notch. John Lithgow is such a perfect...eerie villain. I was actually afraid to watch the episodes of this season while I was alone in the house. (I'm a wimp).
That's sounds really creepy, but I think what the show now needs is a really eerie villain, not such a nice one like Miguel, a new impulse, and I think John Lithgow will deliver (though I don't really know the actor, just saw him couple of times here andc there). He only had 2 scenes in this episodes, but the scene in the bathtub with the girl was really creepy, I hope there's more. And may I say: You beeing a woman, it maybe shocks you a little tiny bit more than us cool man. Hope you know how I mean it.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForVanAngel (View Post)
:but the scene in the bathtub with the girl was really creepy, I hope there's more.
Oh...let me reassure you that if you want creepy....you're going to get creepy.
John Lithgow is absolutely amazing in his part...just thinking about his scenes sends chills up my spine.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:43 PM
Master Fan

Dexter

Yeah, S3 isn't very good. I remember skipping episodes because nothing was happening. It was just...boring. S4, though, Matthias, is a whole other story. Listen to Betty, she's right, you're in for a treat. A lot of people think it's the best or 2nd best season. My favourite is S1, but S4 is right next to it!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 04-04-2011, 01:59 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Dexter

Yeah, S3 isn't very good. I remember skipping episodes because nothing was happening. It was just...boring. S4, though, Matthias, is a whole other story. Listen to Betty, she's right, you're in for a treat. A lot of people think it's the best or 2nd best season. My favourite is S1, but S4 is right next to it!
Thank you! That's how I also felt with the 3rd season, it was not bad, but there was really not much to almost nothing happening, and it was predictable too. Yeah, my favourite season is season 1, but season 2 was also really nice. I hope, thank you, Grant, and Betty, I'll try to wirte down some more creepy scenes only for you.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl08 (View Post)
Celebrity Apprentice
Anyone watch this? I am watching the one from last night right now and wow Meatloaf went psycho....insane man.
Oh my God...I didn't watch this...

YouTube - Meatloaf Freaks Out on Celebrity Apprentice FULL

Quote:
I'll try to wirte down some more creepy scenes only for you
*scared* Looking forward to it.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:59 PM
Master Fan

Yeah he really lost it im glad those other guys stepped in because that could have gotten ugly.

Chuck

This is why I am proud to be a Chuckster. Last time we raised over 5,000 what can we do this year!?
Old 04-04-2011, 03:19 PM
Obsessed Fan

Misfits: Season 1, Episode 1

Crazy britisch teen-series, 5 social worker teenagers get superpowers by a thunderstorm. I watched the pilot for the 2nd time and now it got to me, I like the humor, but there also were some shocking scenes, the characters are really interesting, especially Nathan, the comedian of the group, he's so funny. I'm looking forward to the next episodes.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:20 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Although it might just be because it's a heck of a lot better than the last book I finished, Frankenstein, which was a fantastic idea not very well executed vs Dracula, which is so far a good idea executed amazingly well.
Oh, dude, really? I LOVE Frankenstein; it's deemed a literary classic and has a prominent role in critical study for a reason. Dracula, on the other hand (which I read just before or just after I first read the other, uh...back in 2002), didn't do much for me. I just found the former fascinating from psychological and ethical perspectives, but particularly given an understanding of Mary Shelley's personal situation at the time of writing and the likely basis for her desire to write about a monstrous creation lost to its creator.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
I wasn't sure if you'd ever be able to catch up either.
LOL, yes, it's definitely a hopeless cause which I hate because I love babbling in posts as I'm sure you've been able to tell over the years. LOL.

FNL posts that I've missed... the one way I could respond is if they're thrown my way again in the present so please re-post anything I've missed and I will respond right away.

I was going to start season 4 last night but fell asleep pretty much sitting up so that didn't work out.

Matt, how is your FNL watching going?
Old 04-05-2011, 08:13 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
Matt, how is your FNL watching going?
Hey! I'm doing fine! I'll watch episode 18 today, and though the last 3 episodes were not the best (2 of them, ep 15+17 were just about average-ish for me), I'm really into the show now, almost every character (still missing Landry, he surely has potential!) got some interesting storyline, and I like how football is not the real focus anymore, it's the characters, and that's how it should be. Only Tyra is a bit annoying sometimes, her mother of course too, Eric overreacting too often, but that's not a real problem, I like the rest (and Eric too of course).

Where did I stop? Jason is in Rugby camp, I like that, Lyla of course at home, not sure with the relationship, Buddy has/had a stupid affair with Tyra's mom going on, and she punched in front of other people after church, big scandal, of course that was too much, he gives her the job and she flirts with him, but doesn't care about his family one second. Julie and Matt is nice, I'm happy they're still together, though Matt has to learn to say something, the sex thing you remember, it was her idea - but at least he's still alive, Eric wanted to rip his head of. Tami is great, without her, Eric would be a mad maniac without emotions. Tim is also a great character, but he got disappointed at his dad (didn't like how that happened, he stole the camera, what a stupid thing to do!) and now he's gone, Tim drinking, sucks. And Smash is back in the team. That's it so far, Eric still getting sued by the Streets.

I read, you liked season 3 as much as the first season, that's great to hear, I stumpled upon some spoilers reading through wikipedia a little bit, but it's no big deal. I'll start watching season 2 in 3 weeks I think, so the future is all FNL.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread