Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2011, 11:32 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
I did a count of the number of shows I've watched regularly in the past year, and it was an astonishingly high number.

I have the first disc at home, but I haven't started watching it yet. I caught a couple episodes when it was on NBC, before they cancelled it, and I remember really liking it. I'll let you know what I think when I make time to watch.
Yeah its funny that NBC couldn't keep a show a float but it went to another network and is doing just fine.....OUCH.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
I have not seen either of them! Okay, you'll have to read the novels someday, and I'll have to watch the movies. Deal? I have heard that the Frankenstein movie in particular is very different in that the monster does not talk while in the book he's extremely intelligent and quotes Paradise Lost for fun. Which is probably why he doesn't talk in the movie, because that would be scary in a completely different way, heh. I just can't imagine a true adaption being anything but a terrible, hilariously pretentious movie (which is why I should see the Robert De Niro version too), so it's probably good that most movies have gone in a different direction.
Deal! Lol. Yeah, the Frankenstein monster does not talk. He makes noises, but he doesn't talk. Lol. I think I saw the first part of the Robert De Niro Frankenstein movie. It was quite boring and I never finished it.

Relive or discover the most magical decade. The 80s. www.fanforum.com/f129/
Old 04-03-2011, 05:20 AM
Obsessed Fan

Malcolm In The Middle: Season 6, Episode 5

Average episode, I'm a little bit disappointed, cos the tendency was upwards. Kitty returned, Reese and his second skin was stupid, as well for Francis' stupid tests for his now one year older brother Dewey.

Friday Night Lights: Season 1, Episode 17

Weakest ep so far, there was not much that really liked. The whole having sex thing between Julie and Matt and of course Tami (seeing Matt buying condoms with Landry) and Eric wanting to kill Matt was too much for me. And Matt could've said something, but no, he just was okay with Julie's suggestion, that was weak of him, at least in the end everything was fine, no sex, but an "I love you" and that was not good. Tim's father is a thief, that was boring, why did he still the freaking camera? Tim drank again, got punched by a grown up man (yeah, brave thing to punch a teenager ), Buddy ended the affair with Tyra's mom, but the scandal is coming, after she attacked him after church and his family saw it. The best thing was I think Jason in Rugby-Camp, the rest was not that interesting.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Weakest ep so far, there was not much that really liked. The whole having sex thing between Julie and Matt and of course
Didn't this remind you a little of Ephram and Amy's first time?

Shameless:

Alan, you had said that you may try this show. Well, I'm at my Son's house this weekend and he coaxed me to watch the first episode...and I did. Definitely worth a try. The dad is a degenerate....but the show doesn't focus on him...it focuses on his poor kids (and he has lots of them)..who have to manage the household and life without him. Excellent show..so far.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:56 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForVanAngel
Eric wanting to kill Matt was too much for me.
Haha I can tell you if a boy was caught buying condoms for me when I was 15 or 16 in highschool my Dad would have gone crazy too. So that part for me was very realistic and had me rolling. LOL
Old 04-03-2011, 12:09 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Didn't this remind you a little of Ephram and Amy's first time?

Shameless:

Alan, you had said that you may try this show. Well, I'm at my Son's house this weekend and he coaxed me to watch the first episode...and I did. Definitely worth a try. The dad is a degenerate....but the show doesn't focus on him...it focuses on his poor kids (and he has lots of them)..who have to manage the household and life without him. Excellent show..so far.
You're in for ride! I've seen all the episodes except the finale and it just keeps getting better. And more obscene. But in a good way! Joan Cusak has been a HUGE highlight of the series so far. Her acting and her character are just so much fun to watch. You'll definitely be rooting for her.
Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views.

-Squall Leonhart
Old 04-03-2011, 12:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMagist (View Post)
You'll definitely be rooting for her.
I'm rooting for her already. I sure hope her husband doesn't return!
Old 04-03-2011, 12:28 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby
Yeah its funny that NBC couldn't keep a show a float but it went to another network and is doing just fine.....OUCH.
Although, to be fair, the audience on pay cable doesn't have to be that large for a show to be considered a success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby
Haha I can tell you if a boy was caught buying condoms for me when I was 15 or 16 in highschool my Dad would have gone crazy too. So that part for me was very realistic and had me rolling. LOL
Yeah, if my dad had caught either of my sisters' boyfriends buying condoms, he would have reacted exactly the same way.

Quote:
I watched the entire first season, but I really only tuned in for Fiona, Steve, and Lip. The rest of the characters are just kinda there, except for Frank, who I completely loathe and wish bad things upon. I don't understand why his family hasn't just gotten rid of him after all the bad things just keep piling up and up and up. It's like watching a train wreck that you can't look away from.
Old 04-03-2011, 12:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
Although, to be fair, the audience on pay cable doesn't have to be that large for a show to be considered a success.
Yes this is true. Although it seems lately cable has become very succesful and is actually starting to steal viewers from the big boys. I don't watch many shows off the big networks but I did watch White Collar for a bit because of Bomer and It was great....I really need to catch back up with that and start watching again.

Quote:
Yeah, if my dad had caught either of my sisters' boyfriends buying condoms, he would have reacted exactly the same way.
Exactly.
Old 04-03-2011, 12:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I watched the entire first season, but I really only tuned in for Fiona, Steve, and Lip.
I'm definitely pulling for Fiona and Steve. And Lip....loved the interaction with his brother...repulsion...followed by anger and hostility....followed by curiosity....ending with acceptance and respect.

Quote:
The rest of the characters are just kinda there, except for Frank, who I completely loathe and wish bad things upon. I don't understand why his family hasn't just gotten rid of him after all the bad things just keep piling up and up and up. It's like watching a train wreck that you can't look away from.
Yes, I understand that Frank will do some really despicable things in ensuing episodes... I agree....just throw him out...he contributes nothing to that household. But then...if he wasn't there...where would the kids aim their popcorn?

Alan, did you ever try the show "Episodes"?

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 04-03-2011 at 06:30 PM
Old 04-03-2011, 01:16 PM
Elite Fan

Fiona started out being my favorite character, but I think in the end it might be Lip. It goes back and forth between those two.

To say that Frank does some despicable things in upcoming episodes would be an understatement. I'll just leave it at that.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I'm thinking I have to give it up when it comes to catching up on the thread so I apologize to every post I missed responding to!

Friday Night Lights

Last night we just finished season 3 FNL. I really enjoyed this season very much. I am trying to figure out if I like season 1 or season 3 better, because it's so very close! The character evolution in season 3 is something else. The addition of the McCoy family is another key element in this season.

I'll definitely write up more thoughts on the seasons later on but I wanted to say I am enjoying my ride with the series so far after three seasons.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:03 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52
Alan, did you ever try the show "Episodes"?
No. No I didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen
I'm thinking I have to give it up when it comes to catching up on the thread so I apologize to every post I missed responding to!
I wasn't sure if you'd ever be able to catch up either.

The Killing

So, I haven't seen the second half of the two hour premiere, but I thought the first hour was quite compelling. The case was set up with a nice slow burn, and the characters were given just enough of an introduction so that it was easy enough to tell what was going on. I thought that Mireille was well cast as the lead investigator. You can just tell that she's kind of fed up with the job and really wants the out that her fiance and the move to Sonoma offer, but you can also tell that something about this case is pulling her in.

Also, the scene where the father finds out and the mother finds out because she can here his cries over the phone was quite gut-wrenching. The actors really did an excellent job portraying the anguish of the moment. I'm looking forward to finishing off the premiere tonight.

Camelot

I went into this with low expectations, mainly because I'm still not sold on Jamie as King Arthur. He doesn't really have the gravitas or charisma that it seems like a figure of King Arthur's stature would have...at least he hasn't shown it yet.

Joseph Fiennes on the other hand, turned in an excellent portrayal of Merlin. He just exudes mystery and shadiness and you get the idea that he is not someone to be underestimated. It is quite a change from the wizard robes and epic beard that I generally associate with the character.

The other character I really took to was Tamsin's Guinevere. She didn't have a lot of scenes in the premiere, but the scenes she did have really grabbed me and made me take notice. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what she does with the role.

My main quibble is that the show seems like it can't quite make up its mind what it wants to be. Great pains were taken to give a plausible explanation for the Sword in the Stone and how Arthur is able to pull it from the stone, but then it shows Merlin changing Uther's appearance with magic, then it shows Morgan changing her own appearance more than once, and communing with some unseen evilness in the woods. Merlin also has several psychic-type visions and Igraine comments that his appearance hasn't changed in 20 years. Either be supernatural or don't...there's no need to mix the two.

Unstoppable

I wasn't expecting much from this one, but I really liked it. The way that the train becomes a runaway is just plausible enough that I could suspend my disbelief and go with it, and the near misses on stopping it aren't so stupid that it takes you out of the movie. All in all, it's a fun little popcorn movie that doesn't take much brain power to watch.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:44 AM
Obsessed Fan

Malcolm In The Middle: Season 6, Episode 6

Okay episode, the highlight was definitely Lois crashing her car against another ones in the parking lot, that was so freaking crazy, totally unreal. The rest was mostly driving around from the whole family looking for a christmas activity.

Home Improvement: Season 4, Episode 24

Was okay, Jill's sister Carrie came to visit, the usual sibling rivalry, not bad, not good, just okay.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:55 AM
Obsessed Fan

Dexter: Season 4, Episode 1

Solid start in season 4, I really hope it's better than the just okay season 3, it has to be. John Lithgow could become a really great killer and enemy, Frank Lundy is back, Dexter really tired because his Junior keeps him up all night, there is potential, hope they make something out of it.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread