Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2011, 12:11 PM
Elite Fan

The writing must have gotten better after I left, because that whole Gizzy fiasco really soured me on the whole staff. Lots of fans really supported that relationship, and they way that they went about it completely destroyed anything good about it.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
The Big Bang Theory: Season 4, Episode 19

This episode was at least better than the last 4 episodes, because there was almost no relationship crap going on, though I didn't like almost all the girls-scenes. The main and only plot with Sheldon's World of Warcraft-account getting hacked was nice, but it could've been better, it was just an idea, that I or anybody else could easily come up within 15 minutes, it was very predictible and plain, but there were some nice laughs included so it was not bad, but also not good.
I cracked up at Penny kicking the Nerd-Bully in the nads, mostly because I did NOT see it coming. Penny is badass! I love that girl. Sheldon's "We won!" afterwards, and then, "I said 'we'" was great too. Oh, oh, and I really liked the awkward silence tag at the end between Pria and Penny while they walked up the stairs. As you said, it was very simple, but some nice laughs, and that's better than we sometimes get with this show.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 04-01-2011, 12:22 PM
Obsessed Fan

Damages: Season 1, Episode 12

Good episode, but not great, and that was what I expected. There were good things, we got to know almost everything, maybe everything, I wondered if I had seen the season finale or just episode 12, but it was not the finale. Sadly there were results for certain things that were only shown half in the flash forwards, that I didn't really like, or that were not shocking or really what you could expect. That's a bit disappointing for me.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:28 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
The writing must have gotten better after I left, because that whole Gizzy fiasco really soured me on the whole staff. Lots of fans really supported that relationship, and they way that they went about it completely destroyed anything good about it.
Didn't that whole debactle have more to do with the fact that those actors wanted off the show? I agree I came in kinda at the end of that and it was weird and then Izzy and Alex felt like a forced breakup too but I just went with it because I knew the actress wanted out to do more movies and such.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:52 PM
Elite Fan

I don't know what it had to do with, but the T.R. Knight didn't leave the show until the end of season 5 (in 2009), and Katherine Heigl didn't leave until season 6 (2010). and the Gizzie debacle happened in season 3/4. That whole thing soured me so badly on the show that I can't bring myself to watch it anymore, even though it has Chyler Leigh, Sarah Drew, Jessica Capshaw, and Patrick Dempsey (still) on it.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:57 PM
Master Fan

Hmm idk Im not into the show enough as far as factual stuff to get into that. But its good now the new characters have really come in and made it fresh.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:01 PM
Obsessed Fan

Damages: Season 1, Episode 13

Good finale, one of the best episodes of the good season. This episode focused on the things that are going to happen in the 2nd season, so there was not much new, and as I said, almost everything of season 1 was finished in episode 12. But it was good, there were no flashfowards, the writers focused mostly on the present, that was nice. I hope season 2 is better, I didn't always like season 1, there were some kinda average eps and the future flashs were at some point always the same and the results not always what I had in mind. And I admit, that towards the end, it was a bit hard to remember als the flashs, cos there were things that already had been on screen, but at some point I couldn't say when everything took place, cos there was a constant switching between present and future.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:28 PM
Elite Fan

I'm fine with not watching it. I watch way too much TV as it is, and I've started watching Southland now.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:38 PM
Master Fan

You do watch a ton...I watch a lot of stuff too but you easily take that title. Oh Southland eh? That has old Ben Mekenzie in it right? How is it?
Old 04-02-2011, 12:22 AM
Master Fan

I just want to say that I am loving the out of Bram Stoker's Dracula. I never thought anything could come close to knocking off To Kill a Mockingbird as my (very cliched) favourite novel, but damn if this one isn't getting close. It won't, though. Scout is very safe.

Although it might just be because it's a heck of a lot better than the last book I finished, Frankenstein, which was a fantastic idea not very well executed vs Dracula, which is so far a good idea executed amazingly well.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 04-02-2011, 03:54 AM
Obsessed Fan

Malcolm In The Middle: Season 6, Episode 4

Fun episode, I loved how Jessica (Hayden Panettiere's I think 2nd guest appearance) tricked the boys to like each other, that was a lot of fun. The subplot about Hal building a miniature Pearl Harbor in honor of the events in 1941 was nice too.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:28 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl08 (View Post)
You do watch a ton...I watch a lot of stuff too but you easily take that title. Oh Southland eh? That has old Ben Mekenzie in it right? How is it?
I did a count of the number of shows I've watched regularly in the past year, and it was an astonishingly high number.

I have the first disc at home, but I haven't started watching it yet. I caught a couple episodes when it was on NBC, before they cancelled it, and I remember really liking it. I'll let you know what I think when I make time to watch.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:31 AM
Dedicated Fan

I've ordered Season 1 of The Big Bang Theory for myself for only slightly more than nothing (thanks Play.com sale!) and am really looking forward to it! The next two Seasons are similarly priced, so I'll get them in the next few months, maybe sooner if the father of the family who employs me goes back to work!
Castle Withdrawal Symptoms/Jealousy over people who are watching Season 3 are/is still raging, but I'm taking it one day at a time and eagerly anticipating the DVD release!
Glee is also still awesome... The Superbowl episode was brilliant, as was the Valentine's Day ep. Now if only I were able to purchase stuff on US Amazon/US iTunes, I'd be a very happy bunny... I want a silly amount of songs from the show that aren't available on the French site!
Old 04-02-2011, 09:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
I just want to say that I am loving the out of Bram Stoker's Dracula. I never thought anything could come close to knocking off To Kill a Mockingbird as my (very cliched) favourite novel, but damn if this one isn't getting close. It won't, though. Scout is very safe.

Although it might just be because it's a heck of a lot better than the last book I finished, Frankenstein, which was a fantastic idea not very well executed vs Dracula, which is so far a good idea executed amazingly well.
I haven't read the novels, but I've seen the classic 1930's movies with Boris Karloff and Bela Lugosi. I love those classic 30's Universal monster movies. Have you seen them? I found the Frankenstein movie to be better than Dracula myself, but I guess I will have to read the novels someday too.

Relive or discover the most magical decade. The 80s. www.fanforum.com/f129/
Old 04-02-2011, 11:13 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrybgb (View Post)
I haven't read the novels, but I've seen the classic 1930's movies with Boris Karloff and Bela Lugosi. I love those classic 30's Universal monster movies. Have you seen them? I found the Frankenstein movie to be better than Dracula myself, but I guess I will have to read the novels someday too.
I have not seen either of them! Okay, you'll have to read the novels someday, and I'll have to watch the movies. Deal? I have heard that the Frankenstein movie in particular is very different in that the monster does not talk while in the book he's extremely intelligent and quotes Paradise Lost for fun. Which is probably why he doesn't talk in the movie, because that would be scary in a completely different way, heh. I just can't imagine a true adaption being anything but a terrible, hilariously pretentious movie (which is why I should see the Robert De Niro version too), so it's probably good that most movies have gone in a different direction.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread