Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2011, 05:48 PM
Obsessed Fan

Mr. Sunshine: Season 1, Episode 1

Just watched the new ABC-comedy from and with Matthew Perry and I liked it. I laughed a lot, I like the characters after only seeing a 20 minute pilot, I like the humor, I think this could become a really good comedy show, someone told me that the ratings were really great, so I'll recommend this show to anyone who thinks Matthew Perry could be funny, he's not also an executive producer, he kinda invented the show. And if that are not enough reasons to make you watch this show, take a look at this magazine cover (no spoilers!).

http://cdn.buzznet.com/media/jj1/201...agazine-01.jpg

And for those people who have watched it, of course as expected, deserved, requested or not my review. That I unfortunately have to translate into English, so don't complain, I'm doing a hell of a work only for you folks (and to improve my English writing skills ). If somebody finds some horrible mistakes, please do not hesitate to correct me, I'm still learning.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Randomness

Added you to the OP, ForVanAngel. Let me know if you want anything changed. Quite a list! Jack & Bobby..aw. Gosh, I loved that show. And I just watched Freaks & Geeks earlier this year for the first time. Amazing show. Like most amazing shows, it didn't last all that long.
Hey, that's really nice of you! Sure, I'd let you know, but this raking is kinda fixed at the moment, cos it take some time that I watch a whole season, and if I did and if something changed, then of course I'll let you know.

Yeah, yeah, I'm addicted to this television show stuff. I was so lucky, that I could watch "Jack & Bobby". Interesting thing. Some years ago I just was zapping thru the channels. And then it hit me: What the heck are Mike Erwin (Colin, Everwood) and Jessica Paré (Lost & Delirious) doing on the same programme? Of course I watched it and found out that it was a television show. Oh boi, did I like it! Also John Slattery (Roger Sterling from "Mad Men") had a role and Bradley Cooper as well, and Logan Lerman got kinda famous when he played the title role of "Percy Jackson" 5 years later. That's all I know for the moment. Oh, and J&B was a Greg Berlanti show. And of course I hated that they canceled it after one season. Same with F&G and "MSCL" - last one was a mixture of bad ratings (or to tell you the truth: Freaking ABC decided cos MSCL had many highly controversal topics like kids drinking and a gay teenager, that they just let it battle against audience laughed shows from other stations, of course they couldn't win, and Claire Danes decided that she'd rather pursue her film career than playing Angela Chase gain. Now that's it for now, I've to watch F&G sometime, cos I only have seen the 2nd half on tv, and watched the funny pilot some time ago, but I didn't make it to episode 2, due to my ever tight tv-programmes schedule, you know how hard that can be.

Last edited by ForVanAngel; 02-10-2011 at 05:57 PM
Old 02-10-2011, 11:26 PM
Master Fan

Community

Not a great episode, but Abed/Troy brought it. Asking out the librarian together was awesome, especially her saying this was the cutest thing that has ever happened to her and them high-fiving each other. And tacos being in the briefcase, always nice. And Troy dancing and Abed monotoning "Go. Go. Go."

Other than that, didn't really miss Shirley not being in much of the episode, agreed with the guy yelling for Annie and Britta to kiss (What? If Annie is into it, why can't I be??), and Jeff's "I love you guys" was sweet.

Parks & Recreation

Would have been the perfect episode for Dave to return. Wish he did, because the other cops were not funny. At all. But the reference to him was great. I still ship Dave/Leslie. Sorry Adam Scott, you're a nice character, but you're not Louis CK.

I kind of hate how abruptly the relationships end on this show. Wendy and Ron juuust started. Tom and his girl juuuust started. I guess if the long term relationships are anything like Ann/Mark, though, I should stop complaining about that.

Loved April/Chris working together. The "Great Job" post it note followed by April's "Help!" was great. And library hate is always welcome. Same with interventions. And the Jerry hate was actually hilarious for once tonight, mostly because he randomly went to the wedding shower.

*Ron on TV tape* "Hello Ron, it's Ron." *Andy smiles widely in joy*

Mr. Sunshine

Glad that you liked it, ForVanAngel. Thanks for your thoughts. Anyone know if they're repeating the first episode at all anytime soon? I'd like to check it out soon. Even just for Matthew Perry.

Randomness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForVanAngel
Yeah, yeah, I'm addicted to this television show stuff.
I never would have guessed from the long list of favourite shows!

Quote:
I was so lucky, that I could watch "Jack & Bobby". Interesting thing. Some years ago I just was zapping thru the channels. And then it hit me: What the heck are Mike Erwin (Colin, Everwood) and Jessica Paré (Lost & Delirious) doing on the same programme? Of course I watched it and found out that it was a television show. Oh boi, did I like it! Also John Slattery (Roger Sterling from "Mad Men") had a role and Bradley Cooper as well, and Logan Lerman got kinda famous when he played the title role of "Percy Jackson" 5 years later. That's all I know for the moment. Oh, and J&B was a Greg Berlanti show. And of course I hated that they canceled it after one season.
Amazing cast. I really do miss it sometimes. Not as much as Everwood, but still. It was a different kind of show. Ambitious. Maybe too ambitious for people to connect to it. But I sure connected to it.

Quote:
I've to watch F&G sometime, cos I only have seen the 2nd half on tv, and watched the funny pilot some time ago, but I didn't make it to episode 2, due to my ever tight tv-programmes schedule, you know how hard that can be.
Oh! Yes, you have to watch the first half. I like the earlier episodes a ton. But I can imagine it would be hard for you, heh.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 02-11-2011, 05:21 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Community Parks & Recreation
Argh, he is watching two of those shows I have on my "have to watch" list. I'll watch "Community" soon. And for P&R: I had not the biggest interest, despite Chris Pratt. That may sounds mean, but ya know, can't watch everything and so on, I think he's a nice actor, but not the best. Anyway, I just stumbled upon a hilarious promo clip with new cast member Rob Lowe (of course I know him from B&S), and that made me wanna watch the show. Hilarious short vid, if you haven't seen it, you can watch it here.

Quote:
Mr. Sunshine

Glad that you liked it, ForVanAngel. Thanks for your thoughts. Anyone know if they're repeating the first episode at all anytime soon? I'd like to check it out soon. Even just for Matthew Perry.
You're welcome. Then I'm waiting to hear your thoughts, I think you will like it, it's nothing great, but just a nice, fun show. BTW: The ratings for the first episode were really great: 10,57 million viewers on a Wednesday, the news I read says, that it was the best rating for a 9:30-Wednesday-slot since the premiere of "Cougar Town" back in 2009. So that's great news, I'm happy, you could also call me Mr. Sunshine.

Quote:
Randomness

I never would have guessed from the long list of favourite shows!
Yay, I always want to be unpredictable, so mission accomplished.

Quote:
Amazing cast. I really do miss it sometimes. Not as much as Everwood, but still. It was a different kind of show. Ambitious. Maybe too ambitious for people to connect to it. But I sure connected to it.
Yeah, I think J&B had some good qualities, I like(d) the 2 brothers, but that was not the real focus of the show, there was the mother who was policitically involved and often very strict to their boys (remember the pilot: Bobby wants a television, but ends up with a piano? ), think it's absolutely not a show for the masses, cos it got a very serious tone to it. And I could understand if a viewer had problems with the character Jack (played by Matt Long), let's be honest: He's kinda arrogant, and doesn't really care about his brother, fights with his mother, acts kinda cool - not that I don't like him, but he's not that cool as other teenagers are on screen.

Quote:
Oh! Yes, you have to watch the first half. I like the earlier episodes a ton. But I can imagine it would be hard for you, heh.
I really tried, but I won't squeeze it in. There will be a time when I can watch it in one piece. Also really cool, that James Franco has really become a great and successfull actor (looking forward to see both "127 hours" and "Howl") and of course it'll be fun to see Busy Phillips again, I've just seen her as the really lovely Audrey on "Dawson's Creek" - but that'll definitely change, laughed a lot about her über-tough attitude on "F&G".

Today is Friday, so I'll plan on watching: MITM, Home Improvement, Parenthood, Maybe Skins UK, TBBT and Outsourced. But I can watch it on both Friday and Saturday, cos there are no more new episodes this weekend. And the best thing: Just found out, that my second future wife (maybe if Emily is not available ) Julie Gonzalo scored a leading role on the remake of "Dallas", along with Jesse Metcalf. That's really, really great for me, Julie only had a small role on "Veronica Mars", a supporting role on "Eli Stone" - now she's there where she deserves to be. And I think I really like Mr. Patrick J. Rush, he's the casting director of shows like The O.C., Men In Trees, but also Dawson's Creek and ... wait for it ... Everwood. YAY! Now you can definitely call me Mr. Sunshine.

Last edited by ForVanAngel; 02-11-2011 at 07:23 AM
Old 02-11-2011, 07:07 AM
Loyal Fan

Community

So, where do you guys think they're going with Pierce's storyline? I like the whole group and would honestly miss any of them if they left but it seems like that's the route they're going with him this season. They've really turned him evil (especially lately) and I guess this
Spoiler:
will either lead to him leaving or being a more sympathetic character.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:51 AM
Obsessed Fan

Malcolm In The Middle: Season 4, Episode 4

The best episode of this season, though it was not much better nor great, but I had a lot of fun. Stevie had to stay with the Wilkersons. Because Malcolm wanted to date Alison, he took the kinda advice of his brother Reese and turned stupid - that was fun, cos now Malcolm was happier than ever, had a lot of fun - but just acted stupid. But it worked, he got the girl. That was cool, in the end he lost her to Reese, but Alison is not a big loss, she was really slow in the head, like a human Zombie. But I also liked the other plot, where Hal won a thousand dollars in the lottery and bought instead of putting the money in a college fund for Dewey a stem roller - and boy had he fun destroying stuff. Too much fun, it became an addiction, he didn't sleep anymore nor go to work. That was fun too. Francis was okay, but Otto is such a stupid fool, how could he buy sunscreen for cows, I mean, what the heck?

QUOTES:

Lois to Stevie: „It’s so nice to have a boy in the house who’s not a regular monster.”

Malcolm to Reese: „I can’t even have a normal conversation without screwing it up.“

Lois to Stevie: „Sure Hawaii is great, but we’re having fun right here.“

Malcolms askes Reese: “How do you do that? How do you go through your life without worrying that bad things are gonna happen?”

Malcolm to Alison: „School is for sucker, it’s just a skam thought up by parents so they can stay at home all day and party hardy.“

Dewey to Hal: „Can I squash Reese’s bike?“

Stevie to Malcolm: “You’re turning into Reese.”

Hal to Dewey: „Even since I got the steam-roller, I don’t have to sleep. It’s like the laws of nature don’t apply to me.”

"FBI = Federal Booby Inspector."

Hal: „Get away from me son, I don’t want you to see my like this.“ Dewey: “Dad, you have to stop.” Hal: “I can’t.” Luckily Dewey could stop his dad anyway.

Home Improvement: Season 3, Episode 9

It was not the best episode of this great season, but it was a nice one, I had fun, I laughed a lot. The story was a bit weak, grandma gave the boys to money, Jill suggested they should invest it, Tim bought with them a signed miniature car which of course the boys destroyed later. It was nicely done how Jill and Tim made fun of them in the end by faking a call from an investor, who wanted to pay 700 $ for the 140 $ car - but the car was half-destroyed, what the boys couldn't admit. And of course it was fun how Tim kinda fell of the construction site and landed more or less safe into a small toilet.

QUOTES:

Tim to Jill: „Why do you always get mad at me when you talk to your mother?“

Tim: „They keep it in mint condition, it doubles it’s price.“ But it was already too late.

Tim explained to Jill how the purchase happened: „We grunted, drooled, bought.“

Tim: „I’ve got a child inside of me.“
Old 02-11-2011, 03:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolfan13 (View Post)
Community

So, where do you guys think they're going with Pierce's storyline? I like the whole group and would honestly miss any of them if they left but it seems like that's the route they're going with him this season. They've really turned him evil (especially lately) and I guess this
Spoiler:
will either lead to him leaving or being a more sympathetic character.
Good question. This show is so hard to predict. I feel like they're going somewhere with the Pierce stuff, but they may end up going in a completely random direction in the end. Also, I heard that this episode was actually supposed to be before last week's evil episode, so who knows what if anything is going to happen.

Have you been able to catch up on more of your shows now, or are you still needing to catch up?

Parks & Recreation

ForVanAngel, I think you'll be really surprised to see Chris Pratt on the show. He's really different from Bright. Just pure comedy. Rob Lowe doesn't show up until the end of S2, but I hope you'd like it until he shows up. It's really funny and cute and sweet.

Randomness

Quote:
Yay, I always want to be unpredictable, so mission accomplished.
You sure did accomplish that.

Quote:
Yeah, I think J&B had some good qualities, I like(d) the 2 brothers, but that was not the real focus of the show, there was the mother who was policitically involved and often very strict to their boys (remember the pilot: Bobby wants a television, but ends up with a piano? ), think it's absolutely not a show for the masses, cos it got a very serious tone to it. And I could understand if a viewer had problems with the character Jack (played by Matt Long), let's be honest: He's kinda arrogant, and doesn't really care about his brother, fights with his mother, acts kinda cool - not that I don't like him, but he's not that cool as other teenagers are on screen.
Yeah, I was always more of a Bobby fan than a Jack fan, but I always thought I was in the minority. I think a lot of viewers liked Jack most.

And woah! You are watching a TON of shows today! Hope you enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Sunshine
And the best thing: Just found out, that my second future wife (maybe if Emily is not available ) Julie Gonzalo scored a leading role on the remake of "Dallas", along with Jesse Metcalf. That's really, really great for me, Julie only had a small role on "Veronica Mars", a supporting role on "Eli Stone" - now she's there where she deserves to be.
Oh, she was cuuute on Eli Stone. My future wife (I think she might be married, which is going to make things awkward...) Zooey Deschanel got a leading role on a TV show too. Unfortunately the TV show sounds terrible...but it's Zooey, so I'll have to watch!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood

Last edited by 'Tos; 02-11-2011 at 03:19 PM
Old 02-11-2011, 03:54 PM
Obsessed Fan

Parenthood: Season 2, Episode 15

Yes, that was it, that was awesome, that was just the best episode of this show ever, 10/10 - they really touched me, 1.000.000 emotions, great storylines, NBC just HAS to give it a 3rd season!

Spoiler:

Quote:
Parks & Recreation

ForVanAngel, I think you'll be really surprised to see Chris Pratt on the show. He's really different from Bright. Just pure comedy. Rob Lowe doesn't show up until the end of S2, but I hope you'd like it until he shows up. It's really funny and cute and sweet.
Yeah, yeah, I'll give it a try, think after May would be time for me, now I just have the current US-season, I'll watch 1 new episode almost every day, so I won't start a new show now. But when I've finished Malcolm I'll give it a try - after Community of course.

Quote:
Randomness

You sure did accomplish that.
That was my secret evil plan right from the beginning.

Quote:
And woah! You are watching a TON of shows today! Hope you enjoy.
The night is young, my canadian friend, now it's time for some TBBT laughter and then my work for today is done. Tomorrow is another day. Today I found a thread that deeply disturbed me, but let's play some cross-threading, read it and then you know why I'm feeling a bit helpless atm. Here!!! But I'll make it, don't worry.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:15 PM
Elite Fan

After I DVR Smallville and Supernatural tonight, I'll have a ton of TV to catch up on. Let's see, there's V, Royal Pains, The Vampire Diaries, 2 episodes of Nikita, 2 episodes of Smallville, 7 episodes of Supernatural, Community, Mr Sunshine, Off the Map, Modern Family, Being Human, and Pretty Little Liars. It won't happen tonight, but I'm going to try to watch all that this weekend given the time.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Alan, the episodes you have on your plate would take me one month to complete.

I haven't even watched Chuck from Monday night (long story why) and I hope to get that done by tomorrow. My list for the weekend is Chuck, 1.06, maybe also 1.07 if I'm lucky of FNL, and that's a lot for me, Lol.

Looking forward to your thoughts on PLL.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

ForVanAngel, you have some task ahead of you!
By the way, please remind me what your first name is..

Alan, I have been watching Royal Pains as well...usually late at night when it's repeated during the week. Good show.
Has Fairly Legal grown on you? I don't care for it.

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 02-11-2011 at 06:17 PM
Old 02-11-2011, 05:44 PM
Obsessed Fan

The Big Bang Theory: Season 4, Episode 15

Oh well, that was an kinda average episode, some nice gags, but I didn't like the plot. They can do much better. Maybe Chuck Lorre used just a TAAHM script that was lying around because of the production pause. I don't know that was no good episode, they can do better, even in season 4 they had many better episodes than this boring one.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
ForVanAngel, you have some task ahead of you!
By the way, please remind me what your first name is..
Yeah, I know. And now I'm feeling a lot of pressure. My first name is "For". Nah, you can call me Matt or Matthew if you like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
After I DVR Smallville and Supernatural tonight, I'll have a ton of TV to catch up on. Let's see, there's V, Royal Pains, The Vampire Diaries, 2 episodes of Nikita, 2 episodes of Smallville, 7 episodes of Supernatural, Community, Mr Sunshine, Off the Map, Modern Family, Being Human, and Pretty Little Liars. It won't happen tonight, but I'm going to try to watch all that this weekend given the time.
Yay, that sounds great. Freaks among each other. Though I don't watch any of those you do, I'll give you an advice: Watch everything as soon as possible. I've got a list where I write down what I have left to watch and then I watch it and I can see if I have to do it the same day or could wait for another day. But 7 episodes of "Supernatural"? Oh lord, that's a hard one. Oh, of course I watched "Mr. Sunshine"! If you do this in one night, then, erm, you'll get a medal of honour. I'm planning to watch "Nikita", but I'll do it in 3-4 weeks after the season ended. Cos I can't watch everything that'll too much for me, so I've also put "Lights Out" on hold to watch it after the season finale and hopefully they'll give it a second season - that's also one more reason for me to wait with "Nikita". Okay, then I wish you good luck, watch as much as you can, that's what weekends are for.

Tomorrow - or let's say today (it's after midnight in Europe ^^), I'll watch my usual MITM and Home Improvement, and then I've got only Skins UK left and then I'm free for the weekend with the latest us-episodes.

Last edited by ForVanAngel; 02-11-2011 at 05:52 PM
Old 02-11-2011, 06:36 PM
Obsessed Fan

The Wonder Years: Season 3, Episode 18

Nice episodes about father Jack having to pay taxes, of course he wasn't in a good mood today. Kevin had to right his obituary for school and Norma was nervous and sad cos of the accident that happend on spaceship Apollo 13. All in all not much story, but it was nice to watch and it had some fun moments, when I imagined, if Jack maybe could kill Norma with his hedge cutter, cos she lost the tax receipts and he could've gone to jail. „Your mom would never lose those receipts.“ But the end was alright, though Norma and America was still worried if the astronauts would return safe to earth.
Old 02-12-2011, 02:08 AM
Dedicated Fan

I've only seen a few episodes of The Big Bang Theory, but it's always managed to make me laugh. I saw the one where Sheldon's room-mate vetting process is discussed & it was pretty hysterical. Plus I love that the room-mate contract is referred back to in other episodes & it's so like Sheldon to have covered every scientific development that might happen one day. How anyone accepted to live with him is just beyond me, but then we'd have no show!
I saw one where Leonard was dating a female scientist & they couldn't agree which scientific theories they'd teach their potential children and it was comparable to a cross-denominational/mixed faith union. Leonard's my favourite of the guys, as he's the only one who seems to have any common sense & is actually quite attractive in my eyes. It's a shame he couldn't agree to disagree with the girl he was dating, as she'd have been a good female character. I love Penny though, she's brilliant! One of the eps I saw her in had her getting addicted to a role-playing fantasy game & the guys had to stage an intervention. She was also in an episode where Sheldon's worried about his mortality so creates a robot Sheldon that he controls via a laptop on his bed & Penny sings the Fluffy Kitty song which was really funny!
I saw Black Swan yesterday & I found it quite disturbing. I jumped a couple of times and there was a sequence towards the end where I had my hands over my eyes for quite a while. Great acting all round, but not a film I'll be watching again! I had to see Tangled after it to feel normal again... I think Tangled has recaptured that old Disney movie feeling, as it had a kickass heroine & an interesting prince with a personality and actual flaws, plus brilliant sidekicks & some funny and heart-breaking moments. I really liked the songs too, again a nice mix of happy (Rapunzel being outside for the first time), funny (I have a dream is amusing) & poignant/tender (lantern scene song in the boat). I felt that The Princess & The Frog came close to getting the old Disney vibe, but there was something missing.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:13 AM
Elite Fan

So, last night I made a dent in the list, watching both episodes of Smallville, The Vampire Diaries, Royal Pains, Community, Mr. Sunshine, and Modern Family. Thoughts below.

Smallville

This final season has really been much better than I expected. Although much of first episode back was a blatant 'Matrix' rip-off, I allowed it because I was so happy to see Chloe. She was a major part of the episode, and she was totally bad-ass in it. The fight between her and Black Canary wasn't the most awesome thing ever, but I loved seeing Chloe get to do something besides talk authoritatively and type on a keyboard.

The latest episode wasn't as good, but it was still good overall. When Clark's mom decides to return to the scene, she does it with a literal bang as she is nearly assassinated by Alexander (Lex's clone) using Kryptonite bullets. That wasn't enough to stop her from being sorta awesome throughout the episode, from smacking some sense into her thick-headed son to threatening alterna-Lionel in his own home. Nice.

Plus, I just read the most awesome thing: Michael Rosenbaum has finally agreed to come back for the series finale. It was looking like he wasn't gonna do it for a long time, and I was a bit disappointed. Luckily he apparently changed his mind.

Royal Pains

It was great to see Jim Gaffigan again. I've missed him on my TV since he quit My Boys. I liked seeing Evan all atwitter and super-prepared because of the upcoming storm, and I loved the fact that Hank didn't want him to know that his 'disaster bag' actually came in handy. Also, we got the indication that 'Jank,' as Evan put it, is back on, which I totally support. I couldn't stand Emily Peck, and although Hank can get on my nerves too, Jill seems to like him, so who am I to judge?

Surprisingly, I've almost totally put away my shippery feelings for Evan and Divya. I still don't want her to move to London, but I like Paige so much, and she's so good for Evan, that I don't want them to break up. On the other hand, she's way too good for Evan (although so is Divya), so I'm sure they eventually will.

Modern Family

Nice episode. Loved it when Phil went to the wrong room, and I laughed and laughed at the song at the end, and at Claire's 'am I a bad parent' thing. Funny stuff.

Mr. Sunshine

I wanted to love this. I really did. I love Matthew Perry. I like Andrea Anders (Alice) and James Lesure (Alonzo) too. I find Nate Torrance amusing, and of course I loves me some Jorge Garcia...but I just didn't laugh much during the half hour. In fact, the only time I did laugh was when Matthew Perry's boss threw the child at the clowns and ran out of the room. That was hilarious.

Of course, I can see potential in the show, so I'm gonna watch at least a few more episodes.

The Vampire Diaries

This continues to be a show that pretty much never lets me down. Nearly every episode brings some sort of revelation or other such general awesomeness, and this one was no different. Between Elijah's rescue of Damon and Stefan's protection of Elena, the werewolf population of Mystic Falls is seriously thinned out, and when Tyler and Jules leave at the end, I'm guessing it's nonexistent.

Also, we finally got a Bonnie/Jeremy kiss, after Bonnie got some knowledge dropped on her by Caroline. We found out that Elijah was planning for Elena to die all along, and what's worse is she knew it. We got to see Damon get some of his own torturing medicine, and we got to see what I think is the beginning of the process of Jenna and Matt finding out about all the supernatural hijinks going on in town. Tyler's little heart to heart with Matt seems like a nice little push to get them back together, and I can't see her getting back with Matt without being honest about herself. Also, I think that Jonathan's words got to Jenna. You could see it at the end of the episode when she was talking with Alaric. Hopefully she'll finally be in the know soon too.

Community

Decent episode. Not the best, but funny. I'm getting tired of Jeff backsliding into his 'leave me alone because I'm too cool for you' attitude whenever the storyline needs it, so hopefully his love texts at the end signify the end of that happening. I'm interested in seeing where they are going with this Pierce thing.

Hands down the best part of the episode was the whole Britta lesbian thing. I loved the looks on everyone's faces when the two women made out on the dance floor, and I loved the little fight between Britta and the woman afterwards. Plus, I laughed a lot when Britta and Annie hugged and someone yelled 'Kiss her!' and Annie started to lean in to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty
Alan, I have been watching Royal Pains as well...usually late at night when it's repeated during the week. Good show.
Has Fairly Legal grown on you? I don't care for it.
No. I completely dropped that show. I started watching the third episode, and when she came out and 'sassily' helped out her neighbor I just turned it off. I love Sarah Shahi, and I hate the show. USA marathons everything eventually, so maybe I'll check the show out again when that happens, but as it stands now, Fairly Legal just isn't for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle
I haven't even watched Chuck from Monday night (long story why) and I hope to get that done by tomorrow. My list for the weekend is Chuck, 1.06, maybe also 1.07 if I'm lucky of FNL, and that's a lot for me, Lol.
I think you're really going to like Chuck. I look forward to your thoughts on that one.

I kinda envy you experiencing these FNL episodes for the first time. I rewatched the first three seasons in the week before the finale, and it just completely rekindled my insane love for the show, especially watching the almost perfect first season again. 1.06 is where I thought the season really kicked off into overdrive, so enjoy.

Season one has a bunch of my favorite FNL episodes of all time in it, and you are hitting a stretch that contains pretty much all of them: 1.09, 1.11, 1.15-1.17, and probably second or third on my list of all time faves: 1.20 (Mud Bowl).

Last edited by The Crow; 02-12-2011 at 08:20 AM
Old 02-12-2011, 08:49 AM
Obsessed Fan

Malcolm In The Middle: Season 4, Episode 5

Yes, another fun episode! It started really ugly, when Lois dropped the roast on the floor and then put it back in the pot. But Dewey having seen this, he just said: „Give Reese a slice from the fuzzy side and I didn’t see a thing.” A big part of this episode consisted of Reese and Malcolm playing hoaxes to each other, that was really funny. The finale was alos great, when the boys met on the cart-track(?) and then crashed into each other. But though they were wrapped in bandages when the returned home, they still kept fighting on. Argh, so stupid boys. I also liked how Hal desperately tried to find a comic book for Malcolm's birthday, but the guys from the comic book store just made fun of him. Then he asked Craig for help, but you know what the family did to Craig, so he had to mention that, and Hal had to drive him around for the whole day, just to make him help him. I really liked when Craig showed up in the store, he made such a cool entrance and defeated those mean comic nerds. The francis plot was not that great, but it was nice. There was a cow running amok and Otto was really afraid. But there was a simple solution: „You’re going to be milked.“ Oh lord, and I forgot what Dewey did: Though it was said, that Lois and Hal forgot his threater performance, he sang so beautiful, I really loved it. It was a really good episode, I laughed a lot, season 4 seems to be (much) better than the disappointing 3rd one!

QUOTES:

Reese to Malcolm: “If you can be vicious, I can be smart.”

Final showdown on the cart track. Malcolm to Reese: „It ends here! I don’t care about the money, I don’t care about my birthday, I don’t care about your safety or mine. I don’t care about anything except making you SUFFER!!!”

Francis to Otto: „We’re not running away from a cow.“

Francis: „From now on, I’’m lactose intolerant.“

Home Improvement: Season 3, Episode 10

Yay, I simply loved this episode! It was the best episode until now and of course the best episode of the really great season 3. Today it was thanksgiving. The tool time was great, Tim in a really good mood and of course I also loved the men's bathroom, so freaking good, it had a tv-screen behind the mirror, a lying closet, a fridge, a telephone and football sopa - really awesome. But I also really like Tim's idea of a special family thanksgiving photo for the Taylor postcards, that was fun, how the boys had to dress up like elves and the sexy legfree christmas dress that Jill wore was just darn sexy. And I also enjoyd the thanksgiving dinner, great that Tim was so thankful for his family, friends and wife. Great finish with the nice picture - and much snow falling down.

QUOTES:

Jill: “This pictures are going out to my family. I don’t want them to know how we really are.”

Tim: „You all now my assistent Al „It’s my potty and I cry If I want to“ Borland.“

Randy: „You can’t make your kid be an elf, there’s gotta be a law.“

Jill to you know who: „You’re so deluted.“

Tim: I think big.“

Wilson to Tim: „There’s a fine line between genius and madness.“

Jill to Tim: „I love him more today than I did when I married him.“

---------------------------

Quote:
So, last night I made a dent in the list, watching both episodes of Smallville, The Vampire Diaries, Royal Pains, Community, Mr. Sunshine, and Modern Family. Thoughts below.
Wohoooo! Now you're my personal hero! But the day is long, I've got 3 more episodes ahead (TWY / Skins UK / Outsourced) and then my work for today is done - maybe I could watch a movie again. Oh lord, movies, when was the last time I could manage to watch one.

Quote:
Mr. Sunshine

I wanted to love this. I really did. I love Matthew Perry. I like Andrea Anders (Alice) and James Lesure (Alonzo) too. I find Nate Torrance amusing, and of course I loves me some Jorge Garcia...but I just didn't laugh much during the half hour. In fact, the only time I did laugh was when Matthew Perry's boss threw the child at the clowns and ran out of the room. That was hilarious.

Of course, I can see potential in the show, so I'm gonna watch at least a few more episodes.
Glad you gave it a try. I'm so happy, that there are some people who watch the show in the German forums, so I had some fun to talk with them about the episode. Oh, I'm sorry that you had no fun. That's sad to hear. Yeah, the scene was hilarious - but I laughed a lot. Yeah, please don't give it up after the pilot, I think that would not only be unfair, but a bit stupid, cos if you really like the casting or the actors, there's always the chance it gets you the next weeks.

I've just got one question: I watch a lot of brand new episodes. Do I have to put spoiler tags everywhere? That's no problem for me, I just wanna know if that is necessary or how you like to keep it?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread