Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2011, 06:37 PM
Master Fan

No Strings Attached
I saw this last night its a cute movie. It has more depth than your average romantic comdey and I was impressed with the leads Ashton Kutcher and Natalie Portman, their acting was spot on. Anyway its worth a watch if you are heading to the theater anytime soon.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Favorite Shows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby
I know exactly watch you mean...Chuck does the same to me like in S3 I would literally be sick after some episodes because I felt so terrible for the characters. When a TV has the ability to become more than just a way to pass the time, thats when they become special. Again I think i was too young to get into Everwood full on because I just didn't understand what they were going through as well as I would now. Having said that Everwood will always hold a special place in my heart I will never forget Monday nights with the family all watching 7th Heaven then Everwood. I dont know why this particular memory sticks out but when I think about it I always get a pang in my heart and a smile on my face. One time our house had been struck by lightning so aynthing we didnt get unplugged in time was zapped. Unfortunately this meant our TV so for about 4 weeks every Monday night we would go over to my Aunts. We would order pizza and settle in for a special night of TV.....thats why I will forever remember Everwood.
Wow, what a memory! That's awesome. You would watch both 7th Heaven and Everwood there? And my God, your house was struck by lightning? How much damage was done to it? That crazy Texas weather. LOL.

Quote:
3. Chuck
Chuck for everything you said above about Everwood and more is a show that when it goes of air truly will be like mourning a loss of a loved one. In a way thats exactly what it is for me....
Exactly. I can't imagine how you battled through the last couple years with the show, not knowing what was going to develop. Everwood was never really in danger until the CW pulled the evil stunt they pulled. It was fairly safe before this time. Of course the bomb exploded and caught everyone off guard once all hell broke lose when a woman named Dawn spoke.

I will be clenching my fists if we don't get a season 5 of Chuck. No way, I just started this series basically!

When will we know again?

Quote:
Tsk Tsk I think someones nose is growing....*cough*AWESOME*cough*
See, I love Awesome so much I cannot imagine ever not liking him now! Honestly, I never hated him but somehow I thought he would be the dumb jock boyfriend that would annoy me and my Morgan love took off from the start. I saw his crush on Ellie and for whatever reason I wanted the dumb jock leaving and fast. LOL. That changed fairly quickly though. But before this time the irony is I turned out being the dumb jock that I bet all of you wanted to rip for being so incorrect about Awesome since I was that ignorant and off base.

Quote:
Agreed if only more people knew about it.
Shame on you, NBC.

Last edited by jediwands; 02-13-2011 at 06:54 PM
Old 02-13-2011, 07:18 PM
Master Fan

Favorite Shows
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
Wow, what a memory! That's awesome. You would watch both 7th Heaven and Everwood there? And my God, your house was struck by lightning? How much damage was done to it? That crazy Texas weather. LOL.
Yes our whole family always watched 7th Heaven together, I know it was cheesy as heck but it was our show growing up. Then Everwood premiered after it one night and the rest is history our night was extended to two hours of family TV instead of just one.

Yeah it was It was crazy but thats Texas the storms are fun in the summer normally we would have unplugged all the major stuff like TVs, Computers, Fridge...and so on when we knew it was lightning bad out but we werent home so yeah. It was a lot of stuff LOL I remember we piled up everything that was dead on the kitchen table...it was quite the sight. But thats life, it happens.

Quote:
Exactly. I can't imagine how you battled through the last couple years with the show, not knowing what was going to develop. Everwood was never really in danger until the CW pulled the evil stunt they pulled. It was fairly safe before this time. Of course the bomb exploded and caught everyone off guard once all hell broke lose when a woman named Dawn spoke.
Its a hard life as a Chuckster but its kinda made all the fans apart of the show...we had to band together and save it more than once but all the work was totally worth it.

Yes EW was so screwed it sucked!

Quote:
I will be clenching my fists if we don't get a season 5 of Chuck. No way, I just started this series basically!

When will we know again?
Eh Im calm right now..or more I am in a comfortable stage of panic its become my normal state with Chuck. I guess over time you just get used to it but yes it would suck to lose it just now that you found it! But hey you might have a chance to participate in your first Save Chuck campaign...Chuckster initiation!

Umm with NBC not till late into the Spring....into May probably.

Quote:
See, I love Awesome so much I cannot imagine ever not liking him now! Honestly, I never hated him but somehow I thought he would be the dumb jock boyfriend that would annoy me and my Morgan love took off from the start. I saw his crush on Ellie and for whatever reason I wanted the dumb jock leaving and fast. LOL. That changed fairly quickly though. But before this time the irony is I turned out being the dumb jock that I bet all of you wanted to rip for being so incorrect about Awesome since I was that ignorant and off base.
Haha yeah we all have moments of insanity I suppose. But in your defense Awesome was originally planned to be revealed in S1 to be an undercover Russian spy who would eventually be killed off. The fans ended up loving him so much they changed that to him just being a normal err AWESOME guy! So I guess we can say you were just getting his Russian spy vibe at first but eventually once it was decided to keep him around you realized he was truly Awesome.

Quote:
Shame on you, NBC
Yeah....*sigh* If people just saw the pilot I don't know how they wouldn't be hooked for life its to good not to be.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:27 AM
Master Fan

Castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisa
Anyone know when Season 3 of Castle's out on DVD? The sooner the better, I hope! How far into Season 3 are you in the US?
Tomorrow's is the 15th ep. I would expect that the DVD won't come out until, like, August, unfortunately. A long wait.

The Big Bang Theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForVanAngel
I like Leonard too. Of course Sheldon is still the center of TBBT, he makes most of the jokes, but Leonard is nice, you could say he's the normal one, he was the first nerd who was able to have a "normal" relationship. Sheldon? No way. Raj? Yeah, drunken 24/7 he'd be a great boyfriend. Or Howard? Women who like dirty talking and sex will love him. I think Leonard should be the normal guy of the 4 geeks, the center, I think not that he's so funny, but he fits in very well with the other characters - but I think Leonard sometimes/often wishes to be really part of normal people, but he can't really manage that. And yeah, Jerry Seinfeld is a freaking legend, I love Seinfeld! Just discovered it in 2009, and watched the whole 9 seasons within almost exactly a year (from May 2009 - May 2010). Jerry is also the "normal" one of the 4, but I think you have to have such a guy in the team if the rest of the cast are crazy maniacs. Glad you like both TBBT and Seinfeld.
I agree, Leonard does seem to yearn to be more "normal", but he never can. He just doesn't relate to "normal" situations. But he's a got a great group of friends, honestly, with Raj and Howard and Penny and even Sheldon most of the time. I think that's why people think he's whiny, he's always complaining about them or something, but things are not THAT bad for him. Even Sheldon. :lol;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisa
Yeah, Leonard's the reliable, down-to-earth one who's the calm at the centre of the storm. I don't think I've seen much of Seinfeld (if I have, it was a long time ago), so can't comment on the Jerry comparisons, but they sound apt.
I love how well Penny fits into the geeky guy crowd, but she has had her nerdy moments, so I think she's one at heart. I love her sibling-like relationship with Sheldon, as they often really irritate eachother, but they still help eachother out and look out for eachother when they're not arguing. I'm still not sure how come the guys ended up living with Sheldon, but I'm guessing the rent must be incredibly low?
I love Penny's nerdy moments too. She quotes Star Wars once in a while, shocking the gang and herself.

They did a flashback episode showing how Leonard came to live with Sheldon. It was pretty funny seeing Leonard sign the roommate agreement and telling Penny about it. I don't remember much of it, but I do think Leonard said it had to do with the rent. The usual joke of why the other guys hang out with Sheldon is that they like Leonard, heh.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 02-14-2011, 04:02 AM
Dedicated Fan

I definitely saw a Big Bang episode about how someone came to live with Sheldon & it may well have been Leonard. It was hysterical, mainly when Sheldon replies to some assumption that Sheldon's always right with "That's not an assumption". It was so haughty & disdainful and, when I saw The Social Network, I immediately thought of Sheldon when Jesse Eisenberg's character started acting all superior and was really snobby towards students from Boston University. I find it really refreshing to have an on-screen geek with so much self-confidence & self-belief. Leonard's definitely the one who's the closest to normal, as he can drive, has some social skills and can converse about stuff other than science/himself... I just love the show as it makes me feel glad to be a grammar/spelling/language/literature/movie nerd!
The US seems to be over halfway through Season 3 of Castle (15 of 22-24 eps, I'm guessing?) and August isn't that far away! I may pre-order it though, just to make sure I get it almost as soon as it comes out!
Old 02-14-2011, 09:03 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle
How would you guys rate:

Chuck
Friday Night Lights
Everwood

Throw in Lost for you, Alan, to evaluate.
Given only those shows, I'd rate them as follows:

1. Friday Night Lights
2. Lost
3. Chuck
4. Everwood

If you want to know my all-time favorite shows, then it would be this:

1. Buffy the Vampire Slayer: This is the first show I was mega-into. I didn't miss an episode, and I distinctly remember being the driver for a big trip to Sherman when I was in college, and I turned the car around and went back to my dorm so I could set the VCR to record Buffy (since this was back in the dark ages before you could just go online and catch a missed episode). It will always hold a special place in my heart, and it may be at the top of my all-time list forever.

2. Friday Night Lights: Never before have I felt so sucked in by a show. I loved Buffy for the fun stories, the great writing and the snappy dialog. I love Friday Night Lights because of all sorts of things that are hard to articulate. I love that almost every character seems like someone I know or am related to. I love that it portrays small-town life so realistically with all the good and bad parts there to see. I love that it deals with religion so matter-of-factly instead of going into the cartoonish and over the top like so many shows do. I love that it relies on good writing and good acting to provide drama instead of throwing in false roadblocks and melodramatic happenings. And, it is a show that puts to shame the notion that to have an entertaining/interesting relationship there has to be all sorts of drama. The Taylors had a happy marriage that stood the test of everything that was thrown at it, and it was enthralling to watch. No Gossip Girl hysterics here: the characters felt and acted like real people, and most of the time it felt like I was magically watching real people interact and live because you got the sense that between episodes things just kept happening, and while the episode was on, you felt like a fly on the wall watching everyday life. As I ruminate on things, this may eventually take the top spot, but as it stands at this moment, it's number 2.

Plus, this is the show that introduced me to Matt Saracen and Tami Taylor, two of my favorite TV characters ever.

3. Lost: As I was perusing the Lost encyclopedia, I came upon an entry about different instances of foreshadowing, and they mentioned Claire's first season dream about Locke in which he had black eyes, foreshadowing his turn into the smoke monster. That is a perfect counterpoint to people who say that Lost's producers were just making things up as they went along, and that intricate storytelling is why Lost is the #3 show on my list. It was one of the most dense shows I ever saw, and it really rewards repeated viewings with little easter eggs and lines of dialog that take on new meanings when heard after watching episodes that came after them. Jack Shepard is one of my all time favorite characters, and Lost is the show that introduced him to me.

4. Chuck: While this show isn't as expertly written or dense, or heartbreakingly realistic and affecting, it is almost always pure fun, and it has a funny way of worming into your heart and setting up shop. For all the good times and funny stuff, it has a great big heart at the center of things, and that's one of the reasons why I think it resonates so much to the die-hard fans that watch it. That connection is what made it possible for those same fans to be so die-hard that they keep the show on the air despite comparatively minuscule ratings, and it's that connection that makes me so happy when Monday comes around and it's time for Chuck to come on.

5. Everwood: I didn't really give this show a chance at first. I'd tune in and watch the last 20 minutes or so occasionally, but I didn't really pay attention. I didn't think that I'd want to watch a show about a big-city doctor that moves his entire family to a small Colorado town after his wife died. It sounded like a bad sitcom premise. Then, when the summer came and the WB started reairing the episodes, I watched the pilot, and I was hooked in. I couldn't believe that I'd spent all season ignoring the show, and that was instantly rectified. I found that I really liked Andy, Delia, and Ephram, and the bond between Ephram and Amy intrigued me from the beginning. I took detours down the Jailbait road (Madison/Ephram fans represent!), but I never felt that the endgame for the show was anything other than E/A, and I was okay with that. The main reason that the show is so far down the list is the fact that I thought the writing suffered in the later seasons, and the storylines went into some areas that I really didn't like, especially in the last season where things seemed to be happening because they sensed that cancellation might be eminent.

I'll stop at five or else I could take up pages and pages with this thing.

Supernatural

So, I watched six episodes this weekend, and I have to say that when the show dumped Dean's girlfriend and her kid, things really took off and the show actually resembled the show I'd grown to love over the past few seasons. I still haven't totally forgiven the show for last season, but it's starting to get back in my good graces.

Off the Map

I continue to watch this show because of Zach Gilford and Caroline Dhavernas more than the show itself. There are elements there that let me know it can grow into something I really like, but right now it isn't a cohesive whole.

V

I'm loving this season, and I hope that the show gets renewed so I can continue the ride. Elizabeth Mitchell continues to kick all sorts of ass as Erica Evans, and Morena Baccarin continues to make evil look good as Anna, the alien queen, plus, the show has one of my more unconventional ships, as I really want Erica to get with Jack, the Catholic priest.

Nikita

I like but don't love the show. I can tell the groundwork is already laid for an eventual Michael/Nikita pairing, but I continue to favor the Michael/Alex relationship, even though most of the actors seem to be against it.

Fringe

The show continues to be awesome this season. I'd heard rumors that Fauxlivia was going to be pregnant, so it wasn't an absolute shock when that was revealed in the episode, but it didn't make it any less great. At first I didn't really like the back and forth between worlds, but now I think I like the episodes in the alt-verse just as much as the ones set here. The ratings haven't dropped with the move to Fridays, so I'm cautiously optimistic that this one will be back next season.

Pretty Little Liars

Nothing major happened in this episode, aside from the pregnancy reveal that I kinda suspected.

Spencer was kinda kick-ass in this episode. She's always been kinda there to me, but I really liked her here. Plus, call me crazy, but I could totally support a Spencer/Toby pairing, especially since Emily isn't going to be going there any time soon.

I'm intrigued by Emily's storyline. I'm not sure what's up with that other girl, but I'm interested to see what's going to happen there.

Aria and Hanna's story was the most interesting. Of course, they are my two favorite characters, so that shouldn't come as a surprise. I liked them hanging out, and I liked them interacting in general, which made it so much more heartbreaking when Aria found out about Hanna's betrayal. I can understand Aria's anger, and I can understand Hanna's point of view, but I really think that Hanna could have done a better job of explaining before just blurting out that she gave Aria's mom the ticket. Of course that's going to make Aria mad, and it's not that surprising that she didn't give Hanna a chance to explain herself. I'm fully confident that they will work things out, but I'd be surprised if it happens soon.

Also, isn't it a bit odd for Hanna to just invite a boy to live with them without consulting her mother? Seems like that's a conversation that should have been shown.

On a side note, I was watching a movie called Husk yesterday, which is about group of friends getting stranded in a cornfield full of supernatural scarecrows, and I recognized the girl in it as the one who plays Jenna on Pretty Little Liars. She looked weird not wearing those giant sunglasses.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Buffy

I'm right there with you, Alan. Buffy is #1 for me as well. Always will be. Before Buffy, I had my favorite shows that I loved and would get excited for. But Buffy....it just changed everything for me. All of a sudden, I was getting the videos they had out, the Watcher's Book guide(which was like finding the bible), and so on. Nothing like that had happened to me before. Buffy is something very, very special to me too.

Relive or discover the most magical decade. The 80s. www.fanforum.com/f129/
Old 02-14-2011, 10:35 AM
Elite Fan

Sounds like we are on the same page. Buffy's the first show I bought merchandise for too.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I guess I'll chime in with my top two list...although there's not much more that I could add to all of your beautiful insightful thoughts.

1. Everwood is definitely my number one. It's the first show that I have ever sought out a fan forum to talk about. It's the first show that actually put me in a state of deep mourning and anger at it's loss. I actually went through all the stages of grief. I loved the characters from the beginning...cared deeply about what happened to them..laughted with them..cried with them....scolded them (I would literally scream at the tv!) They touched my heart deeply....I still feel them...I still care about what's happening to them... right now..even after the final episode. I honestly don't think that another show will take the place of Everwood in my heart.

2. Friday Night Lights is a close second...for me. I started to watch FNL because it was recommended as good viewing for anyone who was an Everwood fan. I needed a show to fill that empty spot in my heart after Everwood was cancelled. FNL did fit that bill. It has drama, intense family interaction, friendship, love, conflict....I care about the characters. This show gives me feelings of warmth...like Everwood did. Like Everwood, the acting is superb, the writing is great, the characters are very likable.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:24 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisa C (View Post)
I definitely saw a Big Bang episode about how someone came to live with Sheldon & it may well have been Leonard. It was hysterical, mainly when Sheldon replies to some assumption that Sheldon's always right with "That's not an assumption". It was so haughty & disdainful and, when I saw The Social Network, I immediately thought of Sheldon when Jesse Eisenberg's character started acting all superior and was really snobby towards students from Boston University. I find it really refreshing to have an on-screen geek with so much self-confidence & self-belief. Leonard's definitely the one who's the closest to normal, as he can drive, has some social skills and can converse about stuff other than science/himself... I just love the show as it makes me feel glad to be a grammar/spelling/language/literature/movie nerd!
The US seems to be over halfway through Season 3 of Castle (15 of 22-24 eps, I'm guessing?) and August isn't that far away! I may pre-order it though, just to make sure I get it almost as soon as it comes out!
Yeah, I thought of Sheldon during The Social Network too! Maybe liking Sheldon had something to do with at least sympathizing for Mark during the movie, because I've read so much about how people hated him. Of course, if I had to hang out continously with Sheldon or Mark, I'd probably be all whiny about it like Leonard is, but it's fun to watch on TV or a movie.

Good idea with pre-ordering Castle S3. It's a very good season, which will of course not surprise you at all. I find it to be a really consistent show. There are not so great episodes now and then, but to find a truly bad episode? It's very rare.

Can't wait for tonight's ep...not to rub your nose in not being able to see it or anything, hee.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 02-14-2011, 01:46 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'll pre-order Castle when it's available, as it wasn't a little while ago. I think I started watching Big Bang Theory after The Social Network, so the Mark-Sheldon comparisons were retrospective. Like Leonard, I'd be a big pile of complaining whininess if I had to spend any amount of extended time with Sheldon or Mark. I'm imagining a scene between those two and wondering who would survive! Whereas I could quite easily hang out with Penny & Leonard. It's funny to think that I didn't think I'd like the show as I thought there'd be way too many scientific/mathsy jokes that I wouldn't get, but thankfully I'm quite well read so have usually heard of the theories, even if I don't understand them! Has Leonard done any tutoring? I can see him having the patience to explain basic physics to someone at Uni who was struggling, as the guy puts up with large amounts of Sheldon!
Glee in 15 minutes, woohoo! 15 minutes to go! I can't wait to watch next week's episode, which is the wedding one!
Old 02-14-2011, 02:13 PM
Master Fan

The Big Bang Theory

I thought the same thing as you, Louisa, about not being able to understand the science or math jokes because those are my biggest weaknesses. Surprisingly, though, it's not really an issue at all. As you said, I've heard of most of the theories as well, plus most of the time you don't really need to get the specifics to get the jokes. Annnd most of the time the show is filled with character jokes (like Sheldon always being right, or correcting someone, or his various, various idiosyncrasies) rather than full on science/math.

I can't remember if Leonard has done any tutoring. I remember as part of him being at the university, he had to deliver a speech to an undergraduate class. He did pretty well at that. Sheldon didn't want to do it, and then basically mocked everyone in the room for not being smart enough, heh.

Favourite Shows

1. Everwood--Like Betty, the first show that brought me to a forum with something to say about a show. I lurked on forums occasionally, but I never had anything to add to the discussion. I could talk about Everwood all day, and I often do. The characters and situations are so real. As my old sig from Berlanti said: the characters are like friends you check in on. That's why it hurt so much when the show had to say goodbye. We can't check in on them anymore. I'm still not over it. Probably never will be. I've literally had dreams where the show was still on and Andy and Harold were hanging out and I woke up disappointed that that was not the case. I don't just care about the show, I think I'm clinically obsessed.

2. Buffy--Everwood was my first online obsession, Buffy was my first TV obsession. First show I ever seriously connected to, making it the first show I ever bawled my eyes out at many times (Buffy's sacrifice or having to send Angel to hell were my big ones). Certainly not the last show to make me do that, though. Damn, now I feel like rewatching the show again.

My #3 would probably either be Friends, Seinfeld, Futurama, but nothing comes even close to Everwood and Buffy.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:55 PM
Elite Fan

The first show to bring me to an online forum/board was Roswell, which is the show that brought me to this board. Unfortunately, that show went downhill fast.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:51 PM
Master Fan

Happy Chuck Day!
Old 02-14-2011, 05:18 PM
Obsessed Fan

Malcolm In The Middle: Season 4, Episode 7

Yay, that was so awesome! The best episode of the 4th season so far, I laughed and laughed some more and died a little because it was so hilarious. Reese and his gilfriend Alison convinced Craig to take him to a concert, but they didn't get there, cos Craig didn't wanted to in the end. Then there was of course Hal and the race-walkers, that was so ... Hal! Really fan, Bryan Cranston is a freaking genius, it was so much fun, how he wrestled with the other runner. And the highlight was Malcolm. You know how he always has to act smart and tell the other person what he really thinks. But Stevie made him kinda stop that and so Malcolm just smiled nicely and said nothing - and it worked in the beginning! But the viewer heard a voice-over with what Malcolm really thought - awesome. In the end there was a scence, were the basketball coach (played by Jack McGee, whom I know from "Rescue Me", Jerry Reilly, YAY! ) told the boys the tactics and Malcolm just desperately tried to keep his mouth shut, and then we heard the voice-over and this voice-over voice got low, it sounded so funny, I couldn't stop myself from laughing. And now the quotes, get ready for some hilarious stuff. Francis had just 2 or 3 scenes that was alright and nice.

QUOTES:

Reese: „Don’t ever date anyone smarter than you.“

Stevie to Malcolm: „We’re the same. We speak before we think.“ If your stupid everything's alright, if your smart just keep your knowledge to yourself.

Hal beeing very exited about the race-walkers: „Look at me, I can walk.“

Malcolm: „Wow, that’s fantastic, I’m never gonna say what’s on my mind again.“

Reese to Hal: „If you don’t drive me, I will leave home forever…or I’ll never leave, whatever is worse.”

Hal watching the enemy runner on video: „It’s air.“

Piama: „These are 300 $ boots you just ruined.”

Francis to Piama: „Why do you always talk to me like I’m an idiot?“

Home Improvement: Season 3, Episode 12

Oh how great is season 3? I really enjoy it! Today was Christmas and the normally very funny show came up with a really nice storyline for Christmas. Of course Tim was obsesses with the lightning competition, that was fun. Also the tool time was fun, there were some really nice jokes. Brad wanted to go skiing with his friends instead of celebrating Christmas with his family. At first they went to church without him, but then Tim did something really nice: He went home and talked to his son, reminded him, that he wouldn't stay at home only for 5 years or so. It was a really nice, christmassy and fun episode.

QUOTES:

„It’s Jule time on Tool Time.“

Tim: “It’s nothing that says “peace on earth” better than some Binford power tools.”

Jill's comment on Tim coplaining about the neighbour copying his decoration: „What made him think of using a Santa Clause as a decoration on Christmas?“

Tim and the „three wise tool guys.“

Tim to Randy: „There’s no secret more important than the family’s lightning strategy.”

Al: “I always wanted to be the letter “N”. Tim: “That’s impossible. The song specifically says: NO AL.” WOW, THAT'S genius!

Tim: „Christmas is not about beeing with people you like. It’s about being with your family.”

In church: Al: „Who’s Leon?" Randy: "Maybe Leon was born in the major(??? ) next door.“

Jill: „Please, Lord, don’t let our house blow up.“ Tim: „Don’t worry honey.“ Jill: „Heard that before.“

---------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
Given only those shows, I'd rate them as follows:

1. Friday Night Lights
2. Lost
3. Chuck
4. Everwood
Those 4? Very easy for me... For a full complete lists of my favourite tv shows of all time, you can as usual check out my IMDB list. IMDb: My favourite TV-shows of all-time - a list by BlackholeTraveller

1. LOST, with a big BUT! I didn't like season 6 and also disliked the finale! So I'm not sure what I should think about LOST. Season 1-5 were great, but now I've got a huge problem. I'll still remain my number one show of all time, but I'm afraid to rewatch it and then kill it.

2. Of course Everwood (though it's not my number 2, but I really like it, and there are not many shows that can keep a certain level from season 1-4. In my opinion after season 4/5, a show is going to become weaker.

... I watched the first season of Chuck, but I didn't really like it. I'm not the biggest comedy fan, I prefer drama or comedy, but despite the nice casting and the beautiful Yvonne Stra-something I only liked a couple of episodes from season 1. Sorry, I like a lot but I also can't manage to like a lot too.

... FNL: Yeah, I'll watch it, I promise, but not until... someday. I've watched the pilot, it was okay, but I have no time, I've to finish other shows, but I'm looking forward to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
The first show to bring me to an online forum/board was Roswell, which is the show that brought me to this board. Unfortunately, that show went downhill fast.
You really think it got worse? Of course, the tone changed, the characters grow older, but I still liked the show in season 2 and 3. I'm not a big fan of mystery at all, but how they did the mystery on Roswell was and is still awesome! I like the show, also a show I have to rewatch soon, maybe if all us broadcast stations decided to stop producing new episodes I'll get my chance.

Last edited by ForVanAngel; 02-14-2011 at 05:32 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread