Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2011, 02:27 PM
Obsessed Fan

Skins UK: Season 5, Episode 3

I had a bad feeling when I learned, that the Mini-centric was coming next week, and unfortunately I was right, it was an average episode, you could say I'm disappointed, cos I really liked both episodes before. Hope next week is getting better, the trailer looks much more interesting, “nobody leaves before this bag is empty" - yay, the good old Skins party.

Spoiler:
Old 02-12-2011, 02:35 PM
Master Fan

FNL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)

Makes sense. Thankfully I do not know anything else but what I said above and I plan on keeping it that way. Lol.
Good plan.

Quote:
Very cool. See I didn't need to watch the entire series to agree with you here on this point though?
Yes you can't really understand what I am referring to yet...but like I have told you this show gives you a ton of different storylines to digest and decide if you like them or not....chances are we wont agree on all of them or maybe we will who knows.
Old 02-12-2011, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

FNL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby
Good plan.

Yes you can't really understand what I am referring to yet...but like I have told you this show gives you a ton of different storylines to digest and decide if you like them or not....chances are we wont agree on all of them or maybe we will who knows.
Should be very interesting, indeed.

So what's your favorite show of all time? FNL or Chuck?

What about you, Alan?

How would you guys rate:

Chuck
Friday Night Lights
Everwood

Throw in Lost for you, Alan, to evaluate.

I know they're different in their own way of course but what do you think?
Old 02-12-2011, 07:02 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

So what's your favorite show of all time? FNL or Chuck?

How would you guys rate:

Chuck
Friday Night Lights
Everwood

I know they're different in their own way of course but what do you think?
Wow toughy man hmmmm its hard to say but I would rank them like this for me:

1.Chuck- It has sentimental value for me...its more than just a show to me lets just leave at that so not to bore yall. As for a show itself it has EVERYTHING. Its a comedy, action, and drama all rolled into one. The characters are genuine, the storylines unique, the writing brilliant, and the acting flawless. It revolves around family and even when all the crazy spy world or buymore antics have us laughing, screaming, or crying it still comes down to the heart of the show...family.

2. Friday Night Lights- Its so uniquely shot I think the directing is one of the things I was most drawn too. The show is pretty much a dream show for me. Its set in Texas...revolves around a sport-football...and has exciting characters. The relationships on this show are what are so special, they are real its as if the viewer can relate to everything that is happening because it has either happened to them or someone they know. It was a teen drama yes but IMO the problems they faced were natural not overblown melodrama. FNL is a special show that will forever be missed. Texas Forever!

3. Everwood- This was the first show I REALLY got into...to be honest the fact it comes in at number 3 on the list is probably because I was younger when I watched this so I didnt read into it as much as these others. Having said that I still think it would be hard to put above those others for me but it is definately a VERY close call. Everwood was just a special show its one of those pure shows Im not sure we will ever see again. It captured your heart from the very first episode and from then on it was an epic ride that ended sooner than it should have. Everwood got the shaft with the whole CW merge it had so many more stories to tell.

What about yours Mtich?

Last edited by cowgirl08; 02-12-2011 at 07:18 PM
Old 02-13-2011, 01:28 AM
Master Fan

The Big Bang Theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisa
I saw one where Leonard was dating a female scientist & they couldn't agree which scientific theories they'd teach their potential children and it was comparable to a cross-denominational/mixed faith union. Leonard's my favourite of the guys, as he's the only one who seems to have any common sense & is actually quite attractive in my eyes. It's a shame he couldn't agree to disagree with the girl he was dating, as she'd have been a good female character. I love Penny though, she's brilliant! One of the eps I saw her in had her getting addicted to a role-playing fantasy game & the guys had to stage an intervention. She was also in an episode where Sheldon's worried about his mortality so creates a robot Sheldon that he controls via a laptop on his bed & Penny sings the Fluffy Kitty song which was really funny!
I like Leonard too. I like all the characters, really, with Penny (she is brilliant, and hilarious), Sheldon (that robot episode is one of my favourites) and Raj being my faves, but I feel like Leonard gets the short end of the stick a lot of the time. My friends think he's boring and too "normal". I guess I've always been a fan of the straight man since Jerry on Seinfeld. I find Leonard absolutely hilarious, so I'm glad to finally see someone who agrees! Well, I'm sure a bunch do agree too, but not a majority from what I've seen.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 02-13-2011, 05:20 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
The Big Bang Theory

I like Leonard too. I like all the characters, really, with Penny (she is brilliant, and hilarious), Sheldon (that robot episode is one of my favourites) and Raj being my faves, but I feel like Leonard gets the short end of the stick a lot of the time. My friends think he's boring and too "normal". I guess I've always been a fan of the straight man since Jerry on Seinfeld. I find Leonard absolutely hilarious, so I'm glad to finally see someone who agrees! Well, I'm sure a bunch do agree too, but not a majority from what I've seen.
I like Leonard too. Of course Sheldon is still the center of TBBT, he makes most of the jokes, but Leonard is nice, you could say he's the normal one, he was the first nerd who was able to have a "normal" relationship. Sheldon? No way. Raj? Yeah, drunken 24/7 he'd be a great boyfriend. Or Howard? Women who like dirty talking and sex will love him. I think Leonard should be the normal guy of the 4 geeks, the center, I think not that he's so funny, but he fits in very well with the other characters - but I think Leonard sometimes/often wishes to be really part of normal people, but he can't really manage that. And yeah, Jerry Seinfeld is a freaking legend, I love Seinfeld! Just discovered it in 2009, and watched the whole 9 seasons within almost exactly a year (from May 2009 - May 2010). Jerry is also the "normal" one of the 4, but I think you have to have such a guy in the team if the rest of the cast are crazy maniacs. Glad you like both TBBT and Seinfeld.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:54 AM
Obsessed Fan

Malcolm In The Middle: Season 4, Episode 6

Nice episode, not with the greatest laughs, but there were nice storylines, it was fun to watch. Since Lois beeing sick, she had to take some medicine and couldn't have sex for a whole week, first Hal was furious , then he and his wife successfully distracted themselves from thinking of sex and what a surprise: They cleaned up the house, and did a lot of work done. What should we learn from that? If these boths animals had never had sex, they would be much happier? I also liked the storyline of Malcolm, who found a girlfiend named Nicki, but her father was a former private and very strikt, so the relationship was star-crossed from the beginning, and also they cut school. What happens in the end I'll see tomorrow. Then there was Dewey who collected money from work he didn't do, but there was a boy who looked very much alike him. Bad boy. The Francis story was nothing special. All all in all nice to watch, season 3 keeps a nice and good level, missing the great episode, but at least there are no weak ones at the moment.

QUOTES:

Malcolm: „When I have kids…they’re really gonna suffer.“

A naked Hal singing a soul song and waiting for Lois to come home. „The boys will be home in 10 minutes.“

Lois: „No sex for a week.“ And Hal went

Reese to Dewey: „You’re his evil twin.“

Hal: „I sleep in the car.“ Lois: „Park it a couple of blocks away.“

Gretchen about Otto: „Isn’t Otto’s fury magnificent.“

Francis: „Did it ever occur to anyone to put in a gate.“ Francis the genius - compared to those stupid farmers maybe.

Home Improvement: Season 3, Episode 11

Nice episode, I know fromt he beginning that it would be not as good as the last great ones, but it was really nice. Jill was invited last minut to her class reunion to Washington, Tim went of course with her. Some nices jokes, nothing big, but I liked how Jill was the center of that episode, Tim was kinda in the background and in the end Jill talked about her problems with her ex-girlfriend Joanie and then they made peace. The kids of course stayed at home, Al took care of him once again, that was okay, but was only showed for some minutes and it was nothing special, but it was great, that for the first time ever, Al talked to Wilson.

QUOTES:

Tim to Jill: „So you’re gonna fly to DC to be mocked and humiliated? I could do it right here.”

Tim to Al: „Don’t let anybody touch my tools.“

Tim: „People change. Believe me or not, In highschool I was obnoxious.“

Joanie: “Jack thinks he’s so handy, but basically he crews up everything he touches.” Jill: “Must be awful to be married to a man like that.”

Wilson to Al: "I suspect that someday you’ll make an excellent parent. I see the way you take care of Tim.“
Old 02-13-2011, 08:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Favorite Shows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby
What about yours Mtich?
Honestly, both Everwood & Lost are my all time favorite shows (with the edge to Everwood) and Chuck right after that. Friday Night Lights, it's way too early to tell where this show might fit in but my guess is it will be close to this trio.

1. Everwood:

Word can hardly express what this show means to me but I'll give it a go, remembering some of the things I said in the Thankful Book.

From the moment my eyes focused in on this show I was taken in like this powerful energy that engulfed me, even controlled me, I was so blown away by how quickly I was sucked in. I remember the first scene I ever witnessed... it was the mountain scene in season 2 between Ephram/Amy. I couldn't believe the acting between Greg/Emily, I couldn't believe how powerful and compelling that scene was delivered. I was sold, I loved these two actors and this pairing immediately. The force was so powerful. I was IN!

My heart literally was filled with happiness the second I started watching this amazing series. I was attached to this magical town and every person living in it. I was moved by every storyline that was always filled with realism, grace, integrity. I enjoyed watching every character evolve, make mistakes, and eventually become an even better person. Each character learned some tough lessons that life can throw at you but it was through this pain that life was thought to be worth living and beautiful no matter what.

When I watched this show, I always felt like I was opening up a door to a world where every character's soul and true emotions were shown with such purity and respect. They feel so real and true that you felt like you were experiencing everything right with them. You were there experiencing it all, too. I felt like I was holding hands with Amy, Ephram, Harold, Andy, every step of the way.

Losing Everwood was a heartbreak. It was like a death, a loss you have to mourn. I realized even if I had to endure this loss it was better to experience the joy and love I felt for this show for four years then suffer some pain due to having to say goodbye over not having it at all. The pain was all worth it in the end.

Never would I have imagined a TV show having the ability to touch my heart so deeply, conjuring up endless emotions inside of me like this show clearly did. It is one of those rare pieces of art that will always speak to you. It was a masterpiece. You can never get a masterpiece out of your head, out of your heart. It's always here to stay and so is this show named Everwood for me.

2. Lost:

This is quite possibly the greatest constructed show I have ever seen as far as all the elements being so put together and how my intellect was forced to work in high gear, loving every minute of it.

Everwood is my favorite show of all time but Lost is the most brilliant and complex show I have ever witnessed as well. To many and critics alike, Lost is the best show to have ever graced any TV screen.

A rich drama with compelling character driven storylines, a sprinkle of humor, chunks of island mystery, spirituality, good versus evil, deep intellectual encounters overall, and what you have is Lost.

The best way to experience Lost without watching it, is to throw a thousand plus piece jigsaw around your house, with people you don't know. Some of the pieces you find will fit to make the bigger picture clearer, some are inserted in there to throw you off, and others you will not have a clue about until the puzzle is nearly complete. You'll learn more about the people you share your time with, sometimes they'll tell you tales that will make you laugh and there will be times that these tales will make you cry, but they will always keep you focused and entertained. When the puzzle is complete, you'll feel satisfied at what your looking at, if not a little surprised and blown away by the complexity of greatness you just received.

In the end this was a character driven show twisted with spiritual phenomenon to make it quite the wholesome experience. The spirituality aspect of the show blew me away. I have never seen anything quite like it. But at the end when it was all pieced together while intellectually going at it every step of the way I was so completely satisfied and WOWd by the experience. Like the actor who played John Locke said... it was a great novel that you hated to see end but it did have to end so you put it down while announcing that was one purely amazing experience.

3. Chuck:

While this show might not move me as deeply on an emotional and intellectual level like Everwood & Lost, this show is all about high quality and fun. Pure fun! I have never experienced a show (outside of Spongebob ) I can put on and enjoy the ride from start to finish. It's the most refreshing show I have ever encountered. It's the best of the best. A comedy with action, suspense, drama all tied together with pure entertainment, I loved every character from the start, even the sometimes annoying Jeffster, and the other characters at the Buy More. The acting is top notch, and yes, the core of the show is about family. That's what makes this show so beautiful! You are seeing these refreshing, fun, action-pact storylines that entertain you endlessly yet at the core of this show is something so sentimental and beautiful... family, love, keeping your loved ones close to you at all times because that's what matters most. The unique way of showing such a beautiful point I have never seen before on any TV show. This is the best show on TV right now as far as I'm concerned. I love it, week after week.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:46 AM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah, Leonard's the reliable, down-to-earth one who's the calm at the centre of the storm. I don't think I've seen much of Seinfeld (if I have, it was a long time ago), so can't comment on the Jerry comparisons, but they sound apt.
I love how well Penny fits into the geeky guy crowd, but she has had her nerdy moments, so I think she's one at heart. I love her sibling-like relationship with Sheldon, as they often really irritate eachother, but they still help eachother out and look out for eachother when they're not arguing. I'm still not sure how come the guys ended up living with Sheldon, but I'm guessing the rent must be incredibly low?
Old 02-13-2011, 12:20 PM
Master Fan

Favorite Shows

Quote:

1. Everwood:

Never would I have imagined a TV show having the ability to touch my heart so deeply, conjuring up endless emotions inside of me like this show clearly did. It is one of those rare pieces of art that will always speak to you. It was a masterpiece. You can never get a masterpiece out of your head, out of your heart. It's always here to stay and so is this show named Everwood for me.
I know exactly watch you mean...Chuck does the same to me like in S3 I would literally be sick after some episodes because I felt so terrible for the characters. When a TV has the ability to become more than just a way to pass the time, thats when they become special. Again I think i was too young to get into Everwood full on because I just didn't understand what they were going through as well as I would now. Having said that Everwood will always hold a special place in my heart I will never forget Monday nights with the family all watching 7th Heaven then Everwood. I dont know why this particular memory sticks out but when I think about it I always get a pang in my heart and a smile on my face. One time our house had been struck by lightning so aynthing we didnt get unplugged in time was zapped. Unfortunately this meant our TV so for about 4 weeks every Monday night we would go over to my Aunts. We would order pizza and settle in for a special night of TV.....thats why I will forever remember Everwood.

3. Chuck
Chuck for everything you said above about Everwood and more is a show that when it goes of air truly will be like mourning a loss of a loved one. In a way thats exactly what it is for me....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch
I can put on and enjoy the ride from start to finish. It's the most refreshing show I have ever encountered. It's the best of the best. A comedy with action, suspense, drama all tied together with pure entertainment.
This about sums it up for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someone whos pants are on fire
I loved every character from the start, even the sometimes annoying Jeffster, and the other characters at the Buy More.
Tsk Tsk I think someones nose is growing....*cough*AWESOME*cough*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch
This is the best show on TV right now as far as I'm concerned. I love it, week after week.
Agreed if only more people knew about it.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:55 PM
Obsessed Fan

The Wonder Years: Season 3, Episode 20

Good episode. It was again an episode about Mr. Collins, Kevin's math teacher, though I had no real plan what to think about the first half of it, though it was not bad at all. But the 2nd half and especially the ending were great, Mr. Colins helped Kevin to become a better student to write a good test, but then passed away shortly after the mid-term. That was so sad, not only Kevin was shocked, I was too. At least Collins gave Kevin kind of a farewell presented, he let his test disappear, so Kevin could take the exam again. Nice but sad episode.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:59 PM
Dedicated Fan

I watched a bit of Meet Dave the other night. It stars Eddie Murphy whose body gets invaded by aliens who are searching for some part of their ship that this little boy has found. It's very silly as Eddie Murphy doesn't understand social cues/human interaction at all. Mike O'Malley (My Name is Earl, Mr Burt Hummel *Kurt's dad* on Glee...) plays a policeman called to finding Eddie Murphy's character and is completely hilarious. His work partner is getting all worked-up over something and he says something to the effect of "Stop feeling things & be a police officer". His delivery is priceless and he does dry observation very well.
I saw two 'misses' recently on DVD. Post Grad was underwhelming at best and I have very low standards when it comes to rom-coms. Very bizarre seeing Jane Lynch not spewing offensive diatribes and not in a tracksuit, as I've got so used to her being Sue Sylvester on Glee! I felt Alexis Bledel was basically just Rory Gilmore if she hadn't taken the campaign tour job when she graduated. I thought she was really one-note and didn't see any passion for books/studying that was supposed to be integral to the character. Zach Gilford is cute, but, again, his character was under-developed & I'd have loved to know how and when his mother died and to have seen some resolution with his dad.
I was also very unimpressed with the adaptation from book to big screen of Percy Jackson & the Lightning Bolt, as they cut out some really interesting characters, changed and simplified the plot way too much & mispronounced some of the creatures' names (It's My-noh-taur, not Min like minimum-oh-taur!). Oh, and the characters' ages were changed too, thus ruining any chance of being able to make movies of the remaining four books in the quintology! It could have been so great but was so disappointing! Plus they left out most of the interesting info about Greek myths and didn't even have the characters communicate with those back at camp via Iris-message!
I'm still really into Glee, as out of the 5 episodes I've seen so far of Season 2, only one of them has been truly dreadful (the Britney Spears-based ep). I was familiar with Time Warp from Rocky Horror, but otherwise had nothing to compare Glee's version to, and I really liked it! I'm looking in to getting the DVD as it sounds right up my street as a Halloween viewing experience that won't involve me hiding behind my hands or passing out!
Oh, and Black Swan was really creepy (made me jump a couple of times & there was a bit towards the end where I spent a few minutes with my eyes screwed shut & my fingers in my ears), but other than that, it was very interesting and well acted.
Anyone know when Season 3 of Castle's out on DVD? The sooner the better, I hope! How far into Season 3 are you in the US?
Old 02-13-2011, 02:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForVanAngel (View Post)
The Wonder Years: Season 3, Episode 20

Good episode. It was again an episode about Mr. Collins, Kevin's math teacher, though I had no real plan what to think about the first half of it, though it was not bad at all. But the 2nd half and especially the ending were great, Mr. Colins helped Kevin to become a better student to write a good test, but then passed away shortly after the mid-term. That was so sad, not only Kevin was shocked, I was too. At least Collins gave Kevin kind of a farewell presented, he let his test disappear, so Kevin could take the exam again. Nice but sad episode.
The Wonder Years is one of the all time greatest shows ever produced. Period. It's such a special show. I'm glad they are showing it on The Hub. I haven't seen it in years. I saw this episode too recently. Very good episode. Never thought it would make you care and be moved so much by a recurring character like Mr. Collins. It was a very moving and touching episode.

Relive or discover the most magical decade. The 80s. www.fanforum.com/f129/
Old 02-13-2011, 02:55 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrybgb (View Post)
The Wonder Years is one of the all time greatest shows ever produced. Period. It's such a special show. I'm glad they are showing it on The Hub. I haven't seen it in years. I saw this episode too recently. Very good episode. Never thought it would make you care and be moved so much by a recurring character like Mr. Collins. It was a very moving and touching episode.
Yay, that's great! I really like the show, though for me it's not "the greatest thing ever", but it's really nicely done, I like all the characters, the 60s-70s vibe, the stories, the humor, the feeling. Yeah, I was surprised myself that the death of Mr. Collins did touch me so much, was really sad.
Old 02-13-2011, 03:13 PM
Obsessed Fan

sorry for double posting, my internet is so slow today and your server I think too.

Last edited by ForVanAngel; 02-13-2011 at 03:18 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread