Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2011, 12:06 PM
Master Fan

OT2 Thread #32: Life After Everwood: Other Addictions (TV Shows, Books, Movies, Music)

credit: Alex

Hi guys! Welcome to the new OT2 thread #32!

This is a second OT thread that focuses on shows, books, movies and music we're now obsessed with since Everwood ended. Important: This thread is focused on promoting in depth discussion.

Reminder:
This thread is about discussing shows, books, movies, and music we love with as much insightful discussion as possible. Bring over your opinions on latest episodes, discuss characters and storylines, books you're reading, movies you're watching, music you're listening to, but please remain cordial, respect one another and refrain yourself from turning this thread into drama land.

** This board has always been very mature and we'd like it to remain this way.

With that said, and keeping that all in mind, we'd like to welcome you to this new thread!

Shows Everwood members watch :

Michelle (Wilpen) :
Lost, Friday Night Lights, Battlestar Galactica, Dexter, The Ghost Whisperer, Pretty Little Liars, Chuck

Alexandra (buffyannAlex) :
Lost, 24, Grey's Anatomy, House, Supernatural, Scrubs, Bones, Desperate housewives, Brothers & Sisters, Fringe, Friday Night Lights, The Office, Dollhouse, Smallville, Dexter, The Ghost Whisperer

New shows I'd check this year : Glee, V, Fast Forward, Vampire Diaries

Ashley (AppleBehry22):
Gilmore Girls, One Tree Hill, Nip/Tuck, Roswell, Reba, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Lost

dawnie@ :
Gilmore Girls, Lost, One Tree Hill, 24 ,Hell's Kitchen2

Angela (AngelaiDanes):
Lost, Gilmore Girls

Alan (The Crow) :
Supernatural, How I Met Your Mother, Bones, Lost, The Office, Chuck, Friday Night Lights, The Big Bang Theory, Castle, Fringe, So You Think You Can Dance, 10 Things I Hate About You, Greek, Community, V, Glee, The Vampire Diaries, Being Erica, Psych, White Collar, Warehouse 13, Haven, Covert Affairs, Pretty Little Liars, and The Glades.

Tos' :
Mad Men, Dexter, Fringe, Chuck, Castle, Psych, Parks & Recreation, Community, Modern Family, How I Met Your Mother, Futurama, Being Human

Coffee
Watch: Prison Break, Supernatural, House, Gilmore Girls
Want to watch but always miss it: Bones, Grey's Anatomy, Veronica Mars
Future Shows, I'm planning on watching: Jericho, Heroes..

own worst enemy
Desperate Housewives, Brothers & Sisters, True Blood, Dexter, Weeds, Big Love, How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, One Tree Hill, Gossip Girl, 90210, Smallville, Scrubs, Better Off Ted, Grey's Anatomy, Lost, Private Practice, Ugly Betty, The Office, 30 Rock, Top Chef, So You Think You Can Dance, The Hills, My Life on the D List, American Idol, Dollhouse, Mad Men, Nip/Tuck, Fringe

New shows: Melrose Place, The Beautiful Life, The Vampire Diaries, Flash Forward, Bored to Death, Glee

everwoodfan52 :
Friday Night Lights, House, Chuck, Dexter, Drop Dead Diva, Royal Pains, Modern Family, Rookie Blue, Pretty Little Liars

MrsBrown : The Office, Lost, Friday Night Lights, Brothers and Sisters, Battlestar Galactica

BepperGirl: Being Erica, Bones, Chuck, Dollhouse, Drop Dead Diva, Friday Night Lights, Glee, How I Met Your Mother. Leverage, Psych, United States of Tara, Pretty Little Liars, Castle, The Vampire Diaries, White Collar, Rizzoli & Isles, and Supernatural.

ShadowMagist: How I Met Your Mother, Greek, Smallville, Supernatural, Desperate Housewives, Brothers and Sisters, Glee, Vampire Diaries, It's Always Raining In Philadelphia.

Thief Of Love: Mad Men, Psych, Gilmore Girls, The Office, Parks & Recreation

Cleveland: Lost, Brothers & Sisters, Dollhouse, Battlestar Galactica, Friday Night Lights

Shelby (Cowgirl08): Chuck, Friday Night Lights, 90210, One Tree Hill, Greek, Secret Life of the American Teenager, Make it or Break it, White Collar

Rolfi Cole: Outsourced, Modern Family, Castle, Chuck, Psych, The Mentalist, TVD, Community, House, Ghost Whisperer, Smallville, Supernatural

ForVanAngel: Lost, Gilmore Girls, Six Feet Under, Everwood, Dawson's Creek, One Tree Hill, Roswell, Seinfeld, Scrubs, Home Improvement, The Big Bang Theory, Dexter, Eli Stone, The Wire, Breaking Bad, Rescue Me, Brothers & Sisters, Alias, My So-Called Life, Jack & Bobby, Mad Men, Malcolm in the Middle, The Shield, Party of Five, Ally McBeal, Heroes, Parenthood, Lizzy McGuire, Spellbinder, Freaks & Geeks
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood

Last edited by 'Tos; 02-10-2011 at 03:48 PM
Old 02-10-2011, 12:08 PM
Master Fan

Bringing the last post over:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForVanAngel (View Post)
Thanks @BepperGirl! I was thinking so hard what PPL means. But now I know, and I know what this show is about, but I won't ever watch it.

Hey, that's cool! I don't like so-called relationship comedies like HIMYM or Friends at all, so I didn't know Matt LeBlanc before, but I watched the trailer and thought to myself: Okay, you're not the greatest comedy-friend, maybe you should give this show a chance, 30 more minutes a week can't harm you. I did, and I didn't regret it, au contraire! Matt is cool, that's alright for me, but the real gems are of course Sean + Beverley. Yeah, normally I'm not really the type of guy that laughs about very controversal stuff like "rape" - but I just had to, it was funny. And I don't apologize for that, it's a comedy show, I don't take it too serious. So at least 2 people laughed about this episode.

You got it a bit wrong, I did not really mean "bad", in the sense of "crappy", I ment it was kinda stupid bad how Sean behaved, bad for the relationship, but good for the show I think, I don't really care what they do, it's not my favourite show, I just watch it for fun, if the writers think it should be this way, alright with me.

May I ask, if you will give his former collegue Matthew Perry a chance? His new show "Mr. Sunshine" premiered yesterday on ABC. I watched the trailer and I think it can be an okay show, so I'll watch it tonight. And that's just perfect, cos there are only 2 "Episodes" ^^ left.
I've been meaning to check out Episodes. I always did like Matt LeBlanc on friends.

And Barry's back! Haven't watched MF yet, but I'll rectify that very, very soon!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 02-10-2011, 01:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This is from the last thread as well...

Quote:
Originally posted by ForVanAngel:
You got it a bit wrong, I did not really mean "bad", in the sense of "crappy", I ment it was kinda stupid bad how Sean behaved, bad for the relationship, but good for the show I think, I don't really care what they do, it's not my favourite show, I just watch it for fun, if the writers think it should be this way, alright with me.
I think it's crappy. I am enjoying the show and love watching Sean and Beverly experience all of this culture shock of LA tv vs London Tv...especially their facial expressions when the shock hits them. But..I like them as a couple and I don't want there to be a real problem with their marriage. I guess I was thinking about Beverly's feelings from my point of view:

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally posted by ForVanAngel:
May I ask, if you will give his former collegue Matthew Perry a chance? His new show "Mr. Sunshine" premiered yesterday on ABC. I watched the trailer and I think it can be an okay show, so I'll watch it tonight. And that's just perfect, cos there are only 2 "Episodes" ^^ left.
I happen to like Matthew Perry more than Matt Leblanc. I haven't thought of watching his new show...but I may give it a try.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:12 PM
Elite Fan

Mr. Sunshine

I'm planning on checking this out because of Matthew Perry. I dvr'd it last night, but haven't had a chance to watch it.

Friday Night Lights

Well...that's it. It's officially over. There is no joy in Dillon, Friday Night Lights have gone out...

I'll keep my comments as spoiler-free as possible.

As an episode, "Always" was a good one. As a finale, it was good, and as a series finale, it was near perfect. Most of the dangling plotlines were at least touched on, and most were wrapped up in some fashion. I got misty eyed multiple times, but I didn't full-on cry like I did during the Lost finale. Part of that is because unlike Lost, FNL didn't make me watch my favorite character (Matt Saracen) stumble into a bamboo forest and slowly die as his beloved flew over in an airplane. Part of it is because it hasn't completely hit me yet and I'm in denial. The next time I watch the episode, I'll probably be crying like a little baby.

The music on FNL is always great, but they really seemed particularly on their game this episode. From Brandi Carlile's excellent cover of Bryan Adams' "Heaven" to "Devil Knows Your Dead" by Delta Spirit, every scene was perfectly accompanied. Plus, I loved how the final game was shown in silence except for the haunting bit of score until right at the end. Excellent stuff.

On a random side note: I have seen pictures of, and Jason Katims has confirmed that there exists a version of Riggins' final scene with Billy that includes Jason Street in the mix. I hope that's on the DVDs, and I really hope that the awesome little series recap (accompanied by Coach Taylor's movie speech from the pilot) is on there too, as well as the nice little group of 'exit' interviews that they aired immediately after the finale. I was a bit bummed that they didn't have Kyle Chandler in there...maybe he was busy filming Super 8.

Also, here are a couple of excellent articles about the finale, and the series in general, which are obviously very spoilery if you haven't seen the entire thing:

Review: Friday Night Lights: A look back at its greatness and its greatest moments - HitFix.com

Friday Night Lights' Final Score: Bridging America's Divides - TIME

Friday Night Lights Finale: The Cast Says Good-Bye with Clear Eyes, Full Hearts - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com
Note: I'm linking to part 3 in the series which in turn has links to the first two parts.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:24 PM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for saving this post from the evil last thread, cos I was wondering what I should do now, cos I couldn't quote anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I think it's crappy. I am enjoying the show and love watching Sean and Beverly experience all of this culture shock of LA tv vs London Tv...especially their facial expressions when the shock hits them. But..I like them as a couple and I don't want there to be a real problem with their marriage. I guess I was thinking about Beverly's feelings from my point of view:
Okay, I can understand you feeling that way. I like them as a couple, too, we only have 7 eps, so why do they do that? Kinda waste of precious time. But wasn't it obvious that this problem would appear? I mean, Sean was always the "cool" guy, who tried to be liked by his actors and Matt, Beverly on the other hand does not really like L.A. ("I hate L.A."), so it's no wonder that they moved apart.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Yeah, I'd be too, erm, change husband with wife of course erm or she'd be mortified if she'd catch me. Erm, what am I talking here? Think you get the concept.

Quote:
I happen to like Matthew Perry more than Matt Leblanc. I haven't thought of watching his new show...but I may give it a try.
Yeah, me to, I've liked him in the movie "The Whole 9/10 yards" (is that correct, just fell over the original title yesterday), cos the German title is "Keine Halben Sachen" that means "No Funny Business", hard to translate somehow. I'll report later, I hope I'll make it, but I've just have a "Home Improvement" episode left for today, and tomorow's friday, so I could watch "Parenthood" tomorrow. So, I'll let you know how I like it and then you maybe can better decide.

@'Tos: You can now add me to the opening post:
IMDb: My favourite TV-shows of all-time - a list by BlackholeTraveller

That are my favourite TV-shows of all time.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForVanAngel (View Post)
Thanks for saving this post from the evil last thread, cos I was wondering what I should do now, cos I couldn't quote anymore.
I love being a savior.

Quote:
Okay, I can understand you feeling that way. I like them as a couple, too, we only have 7 eps, so why do they do that? Kinda waste of precious time. But wasn't it obvious that this problem would appear? I mean, Sean was always the "cool" guy, who tried to be liked by his actors and Matt, Beverly on the other hand does not really like L.A. ("I hate L.A."), so it's no wonder that they moved apart.
Yeah, Sean definitely wants to be cool. He's also a heck of a lot more open-minded than Beverly, so he has more of an opportunity to be happier in LA and accept/like more people.

Are you saying that there are only 7 episodes to the season?
Do you have any idea how the ratings are for this show?

Quote:
Yeah, I'd be too, erm, change husband with wife of course erm or she'd be mortified if she'd catch me. Erm, what am I talking here? Think you get the concept.
Erm, I definitely know what you're talking about here.

Quote:
Yeah, me to, I've liked him in the movie "The Whole 9/10 yards" (is that correct, just fell over the original title yesterday), cos the German title is "Keine Halben Sachen" that means "No Funny Business", hard to translate somehow. I'll report later, I hope I'll make it, but I've just have a "Home Improvement" episode left for today, and tomorow's friday, so I could watch "Parenthood" tomorrow. So, I'll let you know how I like it and then you maybe can better decide.
I loved him in the Cheesy movie, "Fools Rush In", co-starring Selma Hayek. I can watch that film over and over.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:09 PM
Elite Fan

A movie that I loved Matthew Perry in that I don't see discussed a lot is Three To Tango, where he co-stars with Neve Campbell, Dylan McDermott, and Oliver Platt.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
A movie that I loved Matthew Perry in that I don't see discussed a lot is Three To Tango, where he co-stars with Neve Campbell, Dylan McDermott, and Oliver Platt.
I forgot about that one. That's the one where he pretends to be gay...likes the girl...but she thinks he's gay? If so, I love that film as well. I don't think Matthew Perry can do too much wrong...very personable in films...you can't help but like him.

Thanks for the PLL share, Gaby. It does look juicy.

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 02-10-2011 at 02:45 PM
Old 02-10-2011, 02:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

PLL

Man, thankfully I looked back on the other thread or else I would have missed your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty
Her blouse was very feminine and her hair was pulled up...very pretty.
Yes, she looked stunning. Hanna and Spencer, hands down, are my favorite characters. I credit the actresses for why I feel this way.

If you had a favorite character/actress who would you choose?

Quote:
I have no idea what that was. Yes, I have always liked Toby. He's very sweet and yes, he and Spencer have some nice rapport. Jenna, though, is scary.
She really is. She's totally in love with Toby, I guess? Or obsessed? Obviously she's the reason why Toby walks on eggshells. I really wonder if Jenna's truly blind, too. She could be using that to reel Toby in all the more. I'm not sure. There's obviously way more to Jenna's story. Yes, she's definitely scary.

Quote:
That was a complete about face. She went from trying to drown Emily to being her best friend. Yes, I see a romance brewing.
Who do you prefer Emily with? Maya or Paige?

What pairing do you like, Gaby?

Quote:
What ever happened to Emily's mom...she hasn't been around. And, I'm wondering if Emily and she are on speaking terms.
They really cut this story off, didn't they? I guess once the bad influence, Maya, got out of the picture this helped capture some peace between them or that is what we are suppose to believe. I personally thing they want Maya out of the picture, Paige in, so if they bring up the tension between Emily and her mother it will only bring Maya back in and they don't want that. It seems clear they want Maya out right now so that means no one is suppose to address her.

Quote:
I feel the same way. When I first met him, I couldn't stand him. But, he has become such a tragic, sympathetic character...I am enjoying this budding relationship with Hannah.
Definitely. Their bond seems very realistic to me. I can see why they have come together. I just don't see Hanna with the perfect guy/jock in Sean or the nerd in Lucas even if I wanted to see it with Lucas... I couldn't see it. Caleb works for me. My guess is Lucas is not out of the picture though but I know as long as Caleb remains in the picture and he's not "A" or the killer I will pull for Hanna/Caleb.

Quote:
I definitely see it.
I like the very soft featured looking guy. Guys that you could put make up on and they'd look as beautiful as girls. JK.

Quote:
You and me both.
Still not warming up to Ezra/Aria? Yes, I think I have a bit but this past episode definitely proved to me that I rather take them in small doses instead of all the time. I really like Aria around the girls and more involved in other non-romantic plots first and foremost. I certainly felt relief when they weren't together this episode so I think I'm not as fully sold on them as shippers but dislike them way less than the haters. I figured out I'm somewhere in between.

Quote:
Why did Hannah have to confess?
That's a very good question. She didn't have to. I really don't know why she did. I guess she felt guilty and wanted to be honest after no damage was done. Aria didn't give her a chance to go there though.

Quote:
Why are they hiding this? You'd think they'd want to tell their kids this good news.
The only thing I can come up with is when Ella said they were still trying to figure out what was going on between them, they might feel like they don't want to jump the gun, tell their children, get them all happy again, and then find out they really aren't meant to work things out. So they don't want to set their children up for another fall should they not officially work things out. To me, it seems like they are having more of a physical relationship right now. Emotionally they have not figured out what they truly want or intellectually, what is best for everyone involved. I think they want to explore everything then come to a conclusion but for right now they're focusing on the bed together. Lol.

Either way they better hurry up. The sneaking around is rather stupid. especially since Aria was already smart enough to catch them in the act.

Quote:
I have no idea what that was all about.
I do know the author has a fascination with French/France. She even said so in an interview. If you read the books there's splashes of French/France all over the place. As far as specifically what the French dialogue at the end meant? No clue. It was very freaky.

Last edited by jediwands; 02-10-2011 at 02:34 PM
Old 02-10-2011, 02:33 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I forgot about that one. That's the one where he pretends to be gay...likes the girl...but she thinks he's gay? If so, I love that film as well. I don't think Matthew Perry can't do too much wrong...very personable in films...you can't help but like him.

Thanks for the PLL share, Gaby. It does look juicy.
Yep. That's the one. Her boyfriend thinks that Perry is gay and asks him to 'watch' her. Perry's character is trying to get a job from him so he does it and ends up falling for her.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:40 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
I love being a savior.

Quote:
Yeah, Sean definitely wants to be cool. He's also a heck of a lot more open-minded than Beverly, so he has more of an opportunity to be happier in LA and accept/like more people.
And Sean does not have as much self confidence as Beverly, he wouldn't dare to say something harsh to some actors, producers, Merc or Matt, he won't to be friends with everybody. Beverly on the other hand says too often what she thinks, has way more problems with "typical" things, cos if you're on a television set and in Hollywood, you have to accept certain things. And you're right, Sean is happier in L.A. than his wife. And of course he's more open-minded, as we could see in the beginning of the show, when he had not the big problems with script-changes as Beverly did.

Quote:
Are you saying that there are only 7 episodes to the season?
Do you have any idea how the ratings are for this show?
Yeah, that's what I'm freaking saying. I think it's because it's a Showtime/BBC co-production, the Britisch networks don't have the amount of money the American ones have, so they can't afford to produce 22-episodes or even 13-episode per season, that's also a reason why Skins UK has only 8-10 episodes per year. I don't know, I read that the ratings do alright, not great, but alright I think. I'll tell you if I find something, I'll always read those arcticles about ratings of various show, cos I'm really interested in US-television, not only in the shows I watch, but in general how the ratings are, which show is in danger and so on.

Quote:
Erm, I definitely know what you're talking about here.
Yeah!

Quote:
I loved him in the Cheesy movie, "Fools Rush In", co-starring Selma Hayek. I can watch that film over and over.
Ah, I'm not sure if it's an intersting movie for me, but I think I've seen a part of that movie, it was decent, think Hayek and Perry are not a bad combination.

Quote:
I forgot about that one. That's the one where he pretends to be gay...likes the girl...but she thinks he's gay? If so, I love that film as well. I don't think Matthew Perry can do too much wrong...very personable in films...you can't help but like him.
I looked it up, cos I'm absolutely not freaking out right now cos of my at the moment really slow crawling internet. It's "Three to Tango", and I've seen it, but that was many years ago, I remember that it was kinda nice, the story sounds nice, not great, but maybe funny.

Last edited by ForVanAngel; 02-10-2011 at 02:51 PM
Old 02-10-2011, 03:13 PM
Obsessed Fan

Malcolm In The Middle: Season 4, Episode 3

The 3rd episode was as good as the other ones, not great, but it had some good laughs and I liked how the writers talked about Hal's problems with his family and especially with his always kidding around father. But you also saw, from where Hal got his nature, that was really interesting to see, though sad that he couldn't talk to his father about any problem, cos the old men quickly made Hal laugh. I really was angry when the family was so mean to Lois. Especially, when this woman (oh no, it was not only a woman, it was ... Brenda Strong from Everwood, Julia Brown, remember? ) was so mean to Lois and was the reason she was not on the big family picture. Woah, that mad me really hate her and I was so sorry for Lois. The scenes with the boys were nice. But then there was the big finale and that was just awesome and hilarious and great and massive and gigantic, just ********** E-P-I-C! What happens if you make the Wilkerson's angry? Right, they make you pay. It was so funny, I almost choked laughing, when Francis and the boys took a golf-car and drove over the big buffet, oh lord, that was so hilarious, and then they finished by driving into the swimming pool.

QUOTES:

Nephews to the 3 kids: „It’s a big house. Accidents happen.“

Dewey and Reese changed the birthday wishes for her Granddad a little bit, they simply added „I hope you die“ und „I love your money“.

Home Improvement: Season 3, Episode 8

Oh yes, that was another great episode from the really good 3rd season! Today Tim had to fight against his former selling buddy Wes Davidson, cos though Tim was the #1 selling man, Wes got promoted to be the president of Binford tools. At first, Tim was thrilled to promoted a brand new saw on Tool Time, but then he figured out, that the product was not as good as it used to be when Mr. Binford lead the company. Wes simply changed the quality of the product, put cheep plastic parts in, but Tim the tool freak Taylor didn't want to promoted such thing. That was great of Tim, really, I admired his integrity, though Wes threatend him with losing his job, Tim had the balls to tell his audience live in his show what Wes did. But in the end Tim won, that was great. Really fun episode with a great serious part.

QUOTES:

Al repeatedly to president Davidson: „Yes, I know, Mr. President.“

Tim to Al: “Why don’t you glue your lips to his butt?”

Tim: „I know this was going to happen when Davidson took over. He doesn’t care about quality the way I do.” Jill: “No kidding. I saw his wife at a Christmas party.”

Wes threads Tim: „If the show won’t promote our products, we have no reason to continue it. At least not with you.”

Randy about Jill's cooking skills: „With the way mom cooks, it doesn’t make a difference (what we bought).“

The great Wilson to Tim: „If it’s a question of integrity, there are no easy answers”

Al (standing next to Tim): „I never walk away from a tool in need.“

Worst case scenario would've been that Tim got fired and had to work on the road again. Tim: “You’d miss me.” Jill: “Until Jake the poolboy would drop by." Tim: „We don’t have a pool.“ Jill: „We’d get one.“
Old 02-10-2011, 03:55 PM
Master Fan

Randomness

Added you to the OP, ForVanAngel. Let me know if you want anything changed. Quite a list! Jack & Bobby..aw. Gosh, I loved that show. And I just watched Freaks & Geeks earlier this year for the first time. Amazing show. Like most amazing shows, it didn't last all that long.

Alan and Betty, if you do watch Mr. Sunshine. Let us know what you think. I've heard so many bad reviews that I'm a little scared to try it. But sometimes I don't agree with the big critics. They've definitely been wrong before.

*off to watch Modern Family*
Old 02-10-2011, 04:05 PM
Elite Fan

I'll let you know. I just watched the trailer for Take Me Home Tonight, starring Topher Grace, Anna Farris, Teresa Palmer (and Everwood's own Chris Pratt makes an appearance). It looks pretty good.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
I'll let you know. I just watched the trailer for Take Me Home Tonight, starring Topher Grace, Anna Farris, Teresa Palmer (and Everwood's own Chris Pratt makes an appearance). It looks pretty good.
That does look good! Did you watch the long version? It's a lot better than the commercials on TV, they don't make the movie look all that funny, unfortunately.

It'll be neat to see Chris and Anna play boyfriend and girlfriend when they're husband and wife in real life, heh.

Modern Family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry
"I'm usually pretty good at catching things from women in bars"

The return of Clive Bixby! Gotta love him. I wouldn't mind if Phil and Claire's role playing on Valentine's Day is a recurring thing every season. Even though I knew Phil was in the wrong room, it didn't lessen it any. I was waiting for what I knew was to come, and I still laughed. Lol. The crush stuff with Cam and Mitchell was cute ("You get the check. I'll get the car.") Plus, the return of Dylan! I was almost expecting Phil to hear that and go "Dylan!" and leave Claire there. Lol. Jay and Gloria was sweet. Jay wanted to make it just right and Gloria wants to win. Good stuff.
First of all, glad to have you back, Barry! The return of Bixby, Dylan AND you, all in one night!

I love your idea for Phil's reaction to Dylan. That would have been PERFECT! Dude, I'm soooo glad he's back. When I heard Haley was dated "David", I was all "Who the hell is David. Ugh. I hate David."

That catching things from women in bars line was great. I love how Phil puts on his seductive voice and then says something so ridiculous. "Baby, I've been lying to my life for sixteeeen years." Again, I adore Phil/Claire and seeing why they're together. I feel like this whole season right from the start has been about that. For some of season one, I really didn't get why Claire would ever marry Phil. I do now. Episodes like this one are why.

All the continuity (the shorts!) was great. Continuity isn't often a huge part of the show, but when it is, it's a nice reward for the viewers who have made this one of the highest rated shows on TV.

Jay's Gloria impression was spot ON.

OH! And I cannot believe that they had Luke appear in a few scenes and he didn't say a single thing! That...oh, I didn't like that. Luke is my fave of the kids. Manny and his crush for Haley was pretty awesome, but it's not Luke, man. *bummed out*

Last edited by 'Tos; 02-10-2011 at 05:08 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread