Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2009, 08:27 AM
Elite Fan

Well fair enough. I've seen this whole season so my perspective is different. Tyra does need a wake up call and she gets it in tonight's episode. This season had been rough for them, but I couldn't give up on them, I guess because while I hated and/or disgreed with some of Tyra's behavior, she didn't do anything that was unforgivable to me. I mean if she was lying to him while they were still together or cheating on him, that would have been a different story and definitely would not have flown with me.

But anyway........I think I've watched Ephram and Amy's I love you scene like a bajillion times. I love the way they're cuddled on the couch.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorful_dust (View Post)
Well fair enough. I've seen this whole season so my perspective is different. Tyra does need a wake up call and she gets it in tonight's episode. This season had been rough for them, but I couldn't give up on them, I guess because while I hated and/or disgreed with some of Tyra's behavior, she didn't do anything that was unforgivable to me. I mean if she was lying to him while they were still together or cheating on him, that would have been a different story and definitely would not have flown with me.
Yes, I don't have direct TV..so I haven't seen all of the episodes. Thanks for the heads up about tonight! I can't wait to watch the episode!

Quote:
But anyway........I think I've watched Ephram and Amy's I love you scene like a bajillion times. I love the way they're cuddled on the couch.
Oh, I know. The scene is so
Old 03-20-2009, 02:12 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
The difference (the way I see it) is that Amy really seemed to like Ephram from the beginning...they had more in common (intelligence, politics, values).
Yeah I think so too, and that's what I meant when I mentioned Amy and Tyra are very different girls. They have a completely different history when it comes to guys and the way they were brought up, etc. And so because of that their interaction with the guys wasn't the same, that's why in that aspect they're harder to compare. Landry/Tyra are way more opposites than Ephram/Amy, though I think they could relate to one another with both kind of being outcasts in Dillon.

Quote:
I saw Tyra and Landry as more of a stretch
So did I at first. I mean I didn't even take his crush seriously the first couple of times they had scenes, I just thought it was funny. But then the tutoring and attack happened and changed everything. When S2 started they had a strong, real friendship. You could see how much time they had been spending together, so it was no longer a stretch to me that they could move onto something more.

I don't have Direct TV either, but I absolutely could not wait until January. Tonight's episode is really good in general, in particular Tami and Julie have an amazing scene together. And you may or may not change your mind about L/T as you watch the rest of the season, but if you did like them at one point there's still a chance.

It's perfect.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Beautiful, beautiful scene. Thanks so much for that, Natasha.

As far as Tyra and Landry tonight...yes, it was much better. I'm glad that Landry finally spoke up. Tyra was full of admiration tonight. I guess she prefers assertive guys.

I'm going to talk more about FNL on OT (TV) Thread.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:56 AM
Elite Fan

You're welcome! I actually remember freaking out when it aired.

Aww, very happy to hear that. I am so freakin tired right now, but I'll be sure to check in on that thread later.
Old 03-21-2009, 03:52 PM
Master Fan

s at the "I love you" scene. Oh, that is wonderful. Hee, I love Ephram's joke about playing the song at his and Hannah's wedding. Even when they're having really sweet and emotional moments like this, they can be so funny and cute together. It's awesome. Very real.

Quote:
there's just something between them that allows them to relax, they can be at ease with each other.
And that scene really showcases that about them. They're so comfy together there, heh.

What did you think of the Ferris Wheel scene, Natasha (or anyone, really)? Were there ever any times when you didn't think they would end up together like they did in that scene?
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 03-22-2009, 03:22 AM
Elite Fan

His joke is cute, and Amy's jealousy was quite amusing too. Everything she says about how there are these weird ideas of how we're supposed to act if we like or don't like someone is great, because it's so true, you can totally relate to that.

I love the Ferris Wheel scene, I thought it was great that things kind of came full circle for them. It was cool to hear both of them tell the other how much they mean to each other and how much they want this relationship. I honestly can't remember what I was thinking, though I think I was pretty sure they were going to end up together. I do remember hearing about the two endings they had planned for the show depending on whether it returned or not.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:17 PM
Master Fan

I really like your point there, Natasha
Brody♥Bilson
Old 03-23-2009, 02:28 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorful_dust (View Post)
Yeah I think so too, and that's what I meant when I mentioned Amy and Tyra are very different girls. They have a completely different history when it comes to guys and the way they were brought up, etc. And so because of that their interaction with the guys wasn't the same, that's why in that aspect they're harder to compare. Landry/Tyra are way more opposites than Ephram/Amy, though I think they could relate to one another with both kind of being outcasts in Dillon.

So did I at first. I mean I didn't even take his crush seriously the first couple of times they had scenes, I just thought it was funny. But then the tutoring and attack happened and changed everything. When S2 started they had a strong, real friendship. You could see how much time they had been spending together, so it was no longer a stretch to me that they could move onto something more.

I don't have Direct TV either, but I absolutely could not wait until January. Tonight's episode is really good in general, in particular Tami and Julie have an amazing scene together. And you may or may not change your mind about L/T as you watch the rest of the season, but if you did like them at one point there's still a chance.

It's perfect.
Best scene ever.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:25 PM
Master Fan

SergeantPepper It is

Quote:
I love the Ferris Wheel scene, I thought it was great that things kind of came full circle for them. It was cool to hear both of them tell the other how much they mean to each other and how much they want this relationship. I honestly can't remember what I was thinking, though I think I was pretty sure they were going to end up together. I do remember hearing about the two endings they had planned for the show depending on whether it returned or not.
I'm really glad we got that moment. Although, obviously, more seasons would have been just a little better. I am glad that we didn't get Madison (who was going to return in the alternate ending) in the middle of them again, unless she came back only to show that Amy wouldn't let anything stop her in getting back together with Ephram. I've always been really interested to know what was going to happen between E/A in the fifth season, without a Ferris Wheel scene, because obviously Amy was into Ephram again, and where do you go with that? How long do you keep them apart? It would have been great to see a bunch of episodes of them together, and THEN the Ferris Wheel scene! Ooh, that would have been nice.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 03-24-2009, 04:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
: It would have been great to see a bunch of episodes of them together, and THEN the Ferris Wheel scene! Ooh, that would have been nice.
Yeah, and it would have been great to see them together a bunch of episodes AFTER the Ferris Wheel scene!!
Old 03-24-2009, 12:39 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks Rachel.

Quote:
I've always been really interested to know what was going to happen between E/A in the fifth season, without a Ferris Wheel scene, because obviously Amy was into Ephram again, and where do you go with that? How long do you keep them apart?
I know, that's always drove me nuts too. I do wonder what would have happened and what the point would have been to bring in Madison again. I don't know what purpose that would have served unless like you said we'd see that it wouldn't stop Amy at all, but even so I felt Madison's place on this show was done. If I had it my way we would have gotten more seasons obviously, but the Ferris Wheel scene would have still been included in the S4 finale. It was a nice ending scene for them, but it definitely didn't need to be. I am grateful we got it though, and this isn't a show that got cancelled too soon where I'm bitter about the ending.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I know, that's always drove me nuts too. I do wonder what would have happened and what the point would have been to bring in Madison again. I don't know what purpose that would have served unless like you said we'd see that it wouldn't stop Amy at all, but even so I felt Madison's place on this show was done.
Yes, so did I. Just like the pregnancy, I felt it was soap opera drama to bring her back on a cliffhanger, so as much as I wanted more seasons, I have to say I'm kind of glad that we didn't see her come back. The days of keeping Amy/Ephram apart with different characters should be over. The days of Ephram needing to grow in a relationship with Madion, was over too, so what would be her purpose? I thought the writers handled keeping E/A apart in S4 really organically. It wasn't about Madison or Colin or Tommy, it was about Ephram and Amy. Amy not being ready yet, needing her Europe. Ephram, later in the season, potentially moving on. Until the Ferris Wheel scene, of course. So, all that said to say I agree with you 100%, Madison's place in the show was indeed done because the point of the character was unnecessary at that point. All I could see coming back with her would be the return of the baby drama.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:44 PM
Loyal Fan

I honestly don't think Ephram and Madison would have gotten together romantically (or if they did, not for very long) in season five. I'm guessing she would have been in 5 or so episodes and they would have realized it wasn't going to work. Plus, three girls fighting over Ephram? (He would have still been with Stephanie, right?) I'm sure they would have dragged out Ephram/Amy for a while, though, so I'm not sure what would have kept them apart this time.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:50 PM
Elite Fan

I agree about the baby storyline, I wasn't a fan of that and I hated what it did between Andy and Ephram.

Quote:
All I could see coming back with her would be the return of the baby drama.
Yeah, and it doesn't seem like they could have done much with that, more than they already had.

Quote:
I honestly don't think Ephram and Madison would have gotten together romantically (or if they did, not for very long) in season five.
I don't think so either, it'd be random. Nothing happened where we would think he wanted to be with her again.

Quote:
I thought the writers handled keeping E/A apart in S4 really organically. It wasn't about Madison or Colin or Tommy, it was about Ephram and Amy. Amy not being ready yet, needing her Europe.
Exactly. I have to applaud the show for handling that as well as they did. It made a lot of sense why she needed that time to sort things out. I liked that there weren't any major love triangles between them too. It was good how they both did some growing apart in order to be ready to be with each other again.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread