Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2009, 10:27 PM
Master Fan

My favorite Ephram/Amy scene is when he returns from Europe, they just slept together no strings attached and she finds the postcards he never sent. I don't know why its my favorite scene but to me it means so so much.
Brody♥Bilson
Old 04-16-2009, 08:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by How Cute Is She (View Post)
My favorite Ephram/Amy scene is when he returns from Europe, they just slept together no strings attached and she finds the postcards he never sent. I don't know why its my favorite scene but to me it means so so much.

I know why you love this scene! It's because it's such a wonderful scene! Ephram so bravely poured his heart out to Amy. The looks on both their faces were just beautiful.
I could never understand how Amy rejected Ephram after that. She wanted her Europe. Europe over Ephram? No way!
(What I mean by that statement...is that I would go or stay in any continent to be with Ephram!) Amy should have taken Ephram back and gone to Europe with him.

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 04-16-2009 at 12:07 PM
Old 04-16-2009, 02:21 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Europe over Ephram? No way!
Ohh, I wouldn't say that! We are way cool! The Scottish guys have really good cookies!

I love the "tonight I played you" scene... just to say something about these two in this post. I'm pretty sure I've said this before...
Old 04-16-2009, 02:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abomasum (View Post)
Ohh, I wouldn't say that! We are way cool! The Scottish guys have really good cookies!
Are you talking about shortbread cookies? I was thinking of maybe a Scottish Greg (James McCavoy). :

Quote:
I love the "tonight I played you" scene... just to say something about these two in this post. I'm pretty sure I've said this before...
I don't think that there is another Ephram fan who doesn't love this scene.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:18 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Are you talking about shortbread cookies? I was thinking of maybe a Scottish Greg (James McCavoy). :
Of course I'm talking about shortbread cookies! I like cookies very much. I'm not the James McAvoy fan here ... I've never consciously seen him in any movie.
I MISS MABE! Someone has to go and find her already!

Quote:
I don't think that there is another Ephram fan who doesn't love this scene.
Hmm... it's still not precisely because of Ephram... it's nice to see Amy so vulnerable... and it is also nice to see how much she really feels for him just bursting out of her in that scene.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abomasum (View Post)
I MISS MABE! Someone has to go and find her already!.

Oh, you and me both! Does anyone want to take a trip to Africa to find her?!
Seriously...I wish that she would come back!

Quote:
Hmm... it's still not precisely because of Ephram... it's nice to see Amy so vulnerable... and it is also nice to see how much she really feels for him just bursting out of her in that scene.
From an Ephram fan's point of view...it was really nice to see him have the upper hand in this scene and to watch Amy pursuing him for a change. She needed that challenge. It was good for her character.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:37 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It's a great one. You can see how much feelings are still there on both sides. I'm really happy she got to see the postcards he wrote her, so she knew he was thinking about her.
Old 04-17-2009, 12:47 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
From an Ephram fan's point of view...it was really nice to see him have the upper hand in this scene and to watch Amy pursuing him for a change. She needed that challenge. It was good for her character.
Definitely. She's spoiled enough.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:04 PM
Master Fan

Oh, I adore the plane and postcard scenes so much too. Don't forget about the picnic.

Quote:
I wish we could have seen some of their time in New York.
Seriously! They took the trouble to get Greg and Treat there in season three, they couldn't have taken Amy and Greg there for a few scenes to show in the opening montage to season three?? It sounds like they had a fantastic time, but as they always say: show, don't tell. Show us Amy/Ephram in New York! I could actually see them moving there, if they left Everwood. Temporarily of course, they would always end up in Everwood.

Quote:
I could never understand how Amy rejected Ephram after that. She wanted her Europe. Europe over Ephram? No way!
I really don't understand it either. She never really had a great explanation. After everything Ephram said in that scene, she really had to take it all in, and I liked that, but she barely had a response to Ephram's outpouring of emotion (which, as we know, is hard for him). Kind of a letdown after such an amazing scene, but it doesn't taint that scene at all, IMO.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 04-21-2009, 04:20 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Ephram's outpouring of emotion (which, as we know, is hard for him).
Do we know that? To me it always seemed like Ephram has no trouble with showing emotion... I always thought of him as rather emotional... from his yelling at his father to the way he told Madison he liked her, that he knew she liked him back and when he blurted out that he loved her just like that, to the "I can't keep being your second choice, not when you're my first" and the "I told you a thousand times" towards Amy before they got together. It all seemed to flow off his tongue so
easily.
It just popped to my mind how very admirable and brave that is, I don't mean to challenge you, it just came to my mind when I read your comment on this and I felt the need to share that thought, because it is something I admire very much about Ephram's character...
Old 04-21-2009, 05:05 PM
Master Fan

I think I just used the wrong words because I really really agree that he is emotional, but I'm not sure that he's comfortable with it. Like, he will express his emotions, but I don't think he likes to, he just does. He's very reactionary, especially with Andy.

Mostly, though, I don't think we've ever seen him act the way he did in the postcard scene. That is pure vulnerability, something that he rarely shows. It was a new side of him, I thought. It was wasn't really reactionary either, he slowed down, stuttered a heck of a lot, but collected his thoughts and came out saying exactly what he wanted to say. He didn't just start speaking, he thought about it. That's what I gather from the slower pace to his speech, and he definitely hesitates and thinks about whether he's going to tell Amy about the postcards or not. He thinks about things first, which is rarer for him when he does get emotional, so I think I interpret that thinking as him being more comfortable with expressing his feelings.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 04-21-2009, 07:55 PM
Master Fan

Sorry I haven't been on here EVER...I've been in the school play and so I haven't had time to be on the boards that much but now the play is over so I can be on more often.
Brody♥Bilson
Old 04-22-2009, 03:43 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
I think I just used the wrong words because I really really agree that he is emotional, but I'm not sure that he's comfortable with it. Like, he will express his emotions, but I don't think he likes to, he just does. He's very reactionary, especially with Andy.

Mostly, though, I don't think we've ever seen him act the way he did in the postcard scene. That is pure vulnerability, something that he rarely shows. It was a new side of him, I thought. It was wasn't really reactionary either, he slowed down, stuttered a heck of a lot, but collected his thoughts and came out saying exactly what he wanted to say. He didn't just start speaking, he thought about it. That's what I gather from the slower pace to his speech, and he definitely hesitates and thinks about whether he's going to tell Amy about the postcards or not. He thinks about things first, which is rarer for him when he does get emotional, so I think I interpret that thinking as him being more comfortable with expressing his feelings.
That definitely is true, 'Tos.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Sorry I haven't been on here EVER...I've been in the school play and so I haven't had time to be on the boards that much but now the play is over so I can be on more often.
Ooh, what kind of play was it? Hope it went well, and we're definitely glad to have you back!
Old 04-23-2009, 11:05 AM
Master Fan

it was Shakespeare- the Merchant of Venice & yes I am back

Now onto Ephram and Amy...

I love how we got this huge discussion from my favorite E/A (postcard/sex) scene
Brody♥Bilson
Closed Thread   Post New Thread