Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2009, 02:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
We need to get this thread out of the bottom of page 2!

We had been discussing the Ephram/Amy/Colin triangle.

A couple of questions:

Were any of you happy that Colin died because you felt that he was interfering with an Amy/Ephram relationship?
Did anyone resent the way that Colin treated Ephram?
This is a surprisingly hard thread to keep up considering that it is the show's major couple. Come on, people!

I'll post my thoughts a little later, but I know your answer for both: YES and YES!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 04-10-2009, 12:56 PM
Addicted Fan

No and no. I don't have any further thoughts, I'm afraid...
Old 04-10-2009, 02:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abomasum (View Post)
No and no. I don't have any further thoughts, I'm afraid...
Well, you did answer both questions.
Old 04-10-2009, 05:38 PM
Elite Fan

Oops, I haven't been here in a while.

Quote:
Were any of you happy that Colin died because you felt that he was interfering with an Amy/Ephram relationship?
No. I wasn't happy or hoping he would die. I didn't hate that he did though, but it didn't have to do with E/A's relationship.

Quote:
Did anyone resent the way that Colin treated Ephram?
Hm, this is sort of tough. I didn't like the way he treated Ephram at times, but I lean more on saying no. I think because I felt a lot for Colin and what he was going through even though Ephram was my favorite. I actually had more of an issue with the way he treated Amy from what I remember.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:49 AM
Master Fan

Haven't been here lately either.

I wasn't happy that he died either.

Yeah, same here. I liked the way he treated Ephram more than how he treated Amy.

You make me Feel like I'm living a Teenage Dream,
Let's runaway And don't ever look back
Old 04-11-2009, 03:09 PM
Master Fan

Nice to have you both back!

I also wasn't really happy that he died so that it made E/A possible, but I was happy because it was a good death for the story. It was tragic, real, heartbreaking, everything, and so many shows kill of characters for all the wrong reasons (buzz, ratings, shock), but Colin dying made a lot of sense. Plus, it did ultimately lead to E/A, so that was good too, hee.

I was also more upset with how Colin treated Amy. Which is interesting, because he did break Ephram's arm, yelled at him and all that, but Amy was the only person there for him and he still did do some really mean things to her when he was deteriorating before needing the second surgery.

I would have liked to have seen more moments of Ephram/Amy talking about what happened to Colin, actually, and getting more insight into how they felt about it. Even in season two, which dealt almost entirely with Amy dealing with that death, her and Ephram rarely actually talked about it. It wasn't easy for either to talk about it, but it would have been interesting to see how Ephram would handle talking about her ex-boyfriend's death.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 04-11-2009, 04:42 PM
Elite Fan

Wow, what a fantastic post. I agree with you completely. Colin's death made sense for the storyline. It was well done. I thought the show did a good job leading up to it and showing the aftermath of it.

Quote:
but Amy was the only person there for him and he still did do some really mean things to her when he was deteriorating before needing the second surgery
Amy's life was turned upside down too after the accident. She was just a kid, but had this love for him and so she did everything she could to get him well. Seeing so much from her point of view made it very difficult for me to see him in turn treat her like he did sometimes. Not to say it was right, but Amy had closed off all the people in her life that were important to her because of Colin, so to have him be mean/cold to her was painful.

It would have been interesting to see them talk more about Colin's death. What he told her about how he felt after his mom's death always stuck with me. Who they each lost wasn't the same, but they still could relate.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Amy's life was turned upside down too after the accident. She was just a kid, but had this love for him and so she did everything she could to get him well. Seeing so much from her point of view made it very difficult for me to see him in turn treat her like he did sometimes. Not to say it was right, but Amy had closed off all the people in her life that were important to her because of Colin, so to have him be mean/cold to her was painful.
It so was. Some people didn't like Amy a lot in season one because she had closed off everyone else except for Colin (which definitely meant that she treated Ephram the wrong way a few times during the season), but absolutely, that meant it hurt so much more when Colin would just take her for granted or so easily get mad at her.

What did we think of Amy's relationship with Tommy compared to her relationship with Colin? They both treated her poorly a lot of the time, and especially by season two we all wanted Amy and Ephram to get together already!

Betty, what do you think of Colin's treatment towards Ephram versus his treatment versus Amy? Which one got your blood boiling more?
Old 04-12-2009, 08:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Betty, what do you think of Colin's treatment towards Ephram versus his treatment versus Amy? Which one got your blood boiling more?

To be perfectly frank.....I didn't really care for Amy season one. Therefore, I didn't sympathize with her and her relationship with Colin. I was very much into Ephram and his needs and comfort.....and if that was Amy...so be it....that made me want Amy for Ephram.
I hated the way that Amy treated Ephram when Colin came around.....especially when Colin was trying to befriend Ephram. She became as snobby and mean to Ephram as Bright was.
Colin's mistreatment of Amy did not bother me....in fact.....I was kind of glad because it opened the door for Ephram.

When Colin turned on Ephram and almost broke his hand.....I was furious.....even though I realized that it was Colin's condition that caused this.
Was it Colin's condition that caused him to be so cruel to Ephram during the formal? To me....he was just being mean.....not sick.

I can't say that I was sad that Colin died.(It's only a show....he didn't really die.)
He needed to be off the show because with him around....Amy had blinders on.....she would have never realized that Ephram was the better man for her.

*I do realize that my opinion is an unpopular one. You may start throwing tomatoes now.*

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 04-13-2009 at 07:00 AM
Old 04-13-2009, 05:35 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
What did we think of Amy's relationship with Tommy compared to her relationship with Colin? They both treated her poorly a lot of the time, and especially by season two we all wanted Amy and Ephram to get together already!
I didn't care for Tommy much or Amy's relationship with him. I think he drug her down, which was not at all what she needed at that time especially. And like you said I wanted E/A already!

Quote:
He needed to be off the show because with him around....Amy had blinders on.....she would have never realized that Ephram was the better man for her.
I honestly think she would have come to the realization that Ephram was the right one for her. I'm not saying it would have been easy for her to let Colin go, because he was her first love, but I don't think he needed to die for her to see that.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorful_dust (View Post)
I honestly think she would have come to the realization that Ephram was the right one for her. I'm not saying it would have been easy for her to let Colin go, because he was her first love, but I don't think he needed to die for her to see that.

Yes, it is possible for Amy to figure out that Ephram was for her with Colin still alive......but I don't think that I would have had the patience to wait for that. As it was.....even with Colin dead.....it took a year for Amy to realize that she wanted Ephram!
Old 04-14-2009, 04:07 PM
Elite Fan

Oh yeah, I don't have any problems with what they decided to do with Colin. I do think not keeping him around was the right choice. It would've been strange otherwise.

You know what scene I love, the one where Ephram sees Amy in the plane and she tells him she's coming with him until her summer school starts. The way he looks at her is so sweet. And I love that she couldn't wait.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love this scene as well! In fact, I love the entire episode....it's definitely one of my favorites because it has so many great scenes.

Old 04-14-2009, 06:14 PM
Elite Fan

Aww. And their sexy picnic, hee. It was awesome seeing Amy so ready and willing. I wish we could have seen some of their time in New York.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorful_dust (View Post)
I wish we could have seen some of their time in New York.
You and me both! That would have been so awesome. Amy and Ephram hanging out in Central Park...so romantic....seeing the sights....going to shows....having romantic dinners...hanging out with the Hoffmans. I would have loved to have seen Ephram with Amy in his comfort zone. He would have had a slight upper hand there which would have been nice for a change.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread