Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2009, 10:55 AM
Master Fan

Even though I hated the Madison/Ephram baby storyline and what it did to Andy and Ephram, I thought it was realistic for them to reverse (like they were bonding and then the huge fight happens and they start to sort of hate each other again).
Brody♥Bilson
Old 03-26-2009, 09:50 PM
Master Fan

I also agree, Dolfan, that there would be no way Ephram and Madison would get back together. Too much has happened between them, and most of it has not been good. I really do think, if I want to be positive about Madison coming back, that she may have been there so Ephram could apologize face to face instead of over the phone like he did. I mean, she technically wouldn't be coming back to do that, but that would be the story point to her coming back. That's what I'd like to believe, but I'm more sure that the baby storyline was coming back, unfortunately. Short-term, but even that is too long. Because, yes, they really couldn't do that much more with it with where Ephram is in his life and, well, where the baby is in his life, hee.

Quote:
I have to applaud the show for handling that as well as they did. It made a lot of sense why she needed that time to sort things out. I liked that there weren't any major love triangles between them too. It was good how they both did some growing apart in order to be ready to be with each other again.
Ooh, well said. Although, how did you like the Colin triangle in season one? I actually liked that, but now I have come to realize that most fans disliked Colin, so I might also be somewhat alone in liking that triangle.

But, yes, I thought the no triangles in season four was a more mature handling of their relationship, since they had grown so much.

Quote:
Even though I hated the Madison/Ephram baby storyline and what it did to Andy and Ephram, I thought it was realistic for them to reverse (like they were bonding and then the huge fight happens and they start to sort of hate each other again).
And then they bond again after! It was realistic, and looking back things turned out alright for Ephram and Andy, but it was a lot of drama I didn't care for to get to things turning out well. But, it was worth it to see their relationship in season four, and then Amy and Ephram's in season four (and beyond!) too.

Whew, a lot to say there, hee. At least one thread is busy!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 03-27-2009, 12:34 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Although, how did you like the Colin triangle in season one? I actually liked that, but now I have come to realize that most fans disliked Colin, so I might also be somewhat alone in liking that triangle.
Oh yeah, I liked that, you're not alone. It brought us some great E/A stuff. Usually I don't care for love triangles, but I like how this one was handled. And I liked Colin as well, I couldn't help but feel a lot for him. He broke my heat countless times in S1. I can understand the frustration people may have had with him because I had it too sometimes, but I think he was mostly scared and lost and felt completely not in touch with life.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:21 PM
Master Fan

I liked that triangle two. They did it really good, better than many other triangles in shows.

You make me Feel like I'm living a Teenage Dream,
Let's runaway And don't ever look back
Old 03-27-2009, 06:13 PM
Addicted Fan

I adored Colin and the triangle, too, it was just exciting, extraordinary and perfect; just a very well-written lovestory. And it was more even, than just a good love-story inside a story, it built much of the other storylines and is a pillar for most of Everwood's storylines in one way or another... it connected the Browns and the Abbotts. How would the whole show have worked if it hadn't been for Amy's love for Colin? It was what got the whole thing started, the only reason for her to approach Ephram in the first place. Leaving Colin then, right away, would have been out of character and almost ridiculous... and besides that, without any suspense, or significance, or creativity, it wouldn't have been a story worth telling.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:23 PM
Master Fan

Yay, Colin triangle fans! I really liked that, at least I thought, that nobody was out to be made the pure bad guy that you seen in some triangles where one choice is obviously bad and one is obviously good. We all knew that Ephram and Amy would get together, but not because Colin was bad. He was a good choice too, but Ephram was just that much better. I thought they made both parts, Ephram and Colin. of the triangle likable and someone to cheer for, although there are many fans that don't agree, hee, but I'm glad some do agree!

And just such great thoughts, Leo. It's the basis for the whole first season, and thus the whole show. I thought it was a wonderful love story, and that lead to an even better love story with Ephram/Amy. It was also nice and tragic, and I like tragic, hee.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 03-28-2009, 08:29 PM
Master Fan

OMG...my favorite thing is to see Mike Erwin [who played Colin] in ''She's too young'' (a Lifetime movie where he gives every girl in the school an STD, very badly acted movie, terrible but humorous it is so ridiculous). He plays such a jerk and it is hard to think of sweet Colin who calls Ephram "E" and love(d/s) Amy as such a guy

But wow this thread is moving along.
Brody♥Bilson
Old 03-29-2009, 08:33 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Yay, Colin triangle fans! I really liked that, at least I thought, that nobody was out to be made the pure bad guy that you seen in some triangles where one choice is obviously bad and one is obviously good. We all knew that Ephram and Amy would get together, but not because Colin was bad. He was a good choice too, but Ephram was just that much better. I thought they made both parts, Ephram and Colin. of the triangle likable and someone to cheer for, although there are many fans that don't agree, hee, but I'm glad some do agree!

And just such great thoughts, Leo. It's the basis for the whole first season, and thus the whole show. I thought it was a wonderful love story, and that lead to an even better love story with Ephram/Amy. It was also nice and tragic, and I like tragic, hee.
Yeah, i kinda love tragic two. Mabey that's why i'm one of the biggest buffy/spike shippers. Hehe.

Old 03-29-2009, 06:35 PM
Elite Fan

The love triangle didn't paint things black and white. I really think that's why it worked, you could see everyone's point of view and feel for all of them. They were all very human.

I've heard of that movie Rachel, but I haven't ever seen it.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:48 PM
Master Fan

Natasha - its a terrible movie. just awful. all my friends and I watch it and laugh so hard we fall over... thats how...just...yeah... But its amusing to watch AFTER I watched Everwood because of Colin/Amy/Ephram & how Mike Erwin's character in STY was ridiculous and very unlike Colin...
Brody♥Bilson
Old 03-30-2009, 02:44 PM
Elite Fan

Some awful movies are very entertaining. But yeah, Mike Erwin will always be Colin to me.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:24 AM
Master Fan

Was he in that movie? I've seen a little of it, but the only one i recognized was miriam mcdonald.

Old 04-02-2009, 04:43 PM
Master Fan

I really miss Mike Erwin. He was a great actor, why I think the Ephram/Amy/Colin triangle works as well as it does for us.

We were talking about this a few weeks ago, but it was before this thread got hopping, so what do ya'll think about the scene in season three, after he found out about the baby and how Andy kept it a secret for so long, where Ephram tells Amy that he did not believe that they were forever? Because that is definitely a controversial Greenie scene!
Old 04-02-2009, 09:44 PM
Master Fan

Brody♥Bilson
Old 04-09-2009, 02:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

We need to get this thread out of the bottom of page 2!

We had been discussing the Ephram/Amy/Colin triangle.

A couple of questions:

Were any of you happy that Colin died because you felt that he was interfering with an Amy/Ephram relationship?
Did anyone resent the way that Colin treated Ephram?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread