Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2009, 07:23 PM
Dedicated Fan

Ohh Noo.. I'm gonna glue my finger to the fast forward button.. hehe she sounds like a sweetheart
Old 01-10-2009, 07:25 PM
Master Fan

Although an army of ten Madisons is enough to make me cry, I would choose that over Amanda too! That's how bad she is!

Quote:
Ohh Noo.. I'm gonna glue my finger to the fast forward button.. hehe she sounds like a sweetheart
Hee. I hope we haven't scared you too much, but I'm not sure if that's possible for Amanda! Maybe if we scare you and make her sound as awful as we believe she is, you'll end up being able to tolerate her because we've raised your expectations for how awful she'll be? Here's hoping, anyway.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 01-10-2009, 07:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I don't believe I have??.. unless it was around Harold's Bagel debacle late S2... Looking forward to that eppy
Oh, you will know the tea party when you see it, hee. It's a fantastic episode, you've got good stuff ahead of you, in spite of the awful Amanda.

Also looking forward to hearing your take on Hannah -- she pretty much made S3 for me, so it'll be fun to hear a new viewer's opinion.

And to add to the Rina Mimoun info: you've probably seen her name linked with S3 and 4, and that's because, while she was a writer and producer for the show from day one, she took over as executive producer for the last two seasons. And did a pretty great job of it.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Oh, you will know the tea party when you see it, hee. It's a fantastic episode, you've got good stuff ahead of you, in spite of the awful Amanda.
Hee, yes, I hope we haven't made season three sound really awful. It's just Amanda that's really awful, but otherwise you've got lots of great episodes to see and enjoy. Plus, I know you've been waiting for two seasons for a lot of Greenies moments, and you'll get them in season three. Just, yeah, Amanda sucks, heh.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 01-10-2009, 08:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I'll be starting S3 tonight so I'm looking forward to meeting Hannah heh.
Did you receive your replacement disk yet? I hope it's coming by express mail!
Old 01-10-2009, 09:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Hannah shows up in episode 2, "There Is A Reaction". The premire is all about the Madison fallout(although there is some great Andy/Harold in there...which is always great).
Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views.

-Squall Leonhart
Old 01-11-2009, 08:11 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thief Of Love (View Post)
haa.. I think you guys are trying to freak me out with this fictitious character

Also looking forward to hearing your take on Hannah -- she pretty much made S3 for me, so it'll be fun to hear a new viewer's opinion.
From the moment she walked out of Nina's front door looking all shy and nerdy.. I've loved Hannah. I know there's a Hannah/Bright thread which I've kept out of.. so I'm hoping something developes.. And I like the friendship she is forming with Amy.. it's a good fit.

And to add to the Rina Mimoun info: you've probably seen her name linked with S3 and 4, and that's because, while she was a writer and producer for the show from day one, she took over as executive producer for the last two seasons.And did a pretty great job of it.
I look forward to reading about her when I get caught up.. Sound like she is one insightful lady.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos
Plus, I know you've been waiting for two seasons for a lot of Greenies moments, and you'll get them in season three.
Yes I have
The end of Ep #3 has made the wait worthwhile..

AMY: I just think it’s fascinating how people treat each other. It’s like if you like someone you’re not supposed to show it and if you hate someone you’re supposed to pretend that you like them so they don’t know that you hate them, but if you love someone…
EPHRAM: Yeah.
AMY: It should be easier. You should finally be able to relax once you’re past all the crazy, I mean.
EPHRAM: Yeah, makes sense.
AMY: I love you, Ephram.
EPHRAM: I love you too.
AMY: Yeah?
EPHRAM: Yeah.
AMY: Cool.
[They cuddle on the couch.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty
Did you receive your replacement disk yet? I hope it's coming by express mail!
I'm told it should be here this week. I have 5 more eps till I reach those. haa.. probably sent by Tramp Steamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMagist
there is some great Andy/Harold in there...which is always great
Yeah especially now they share premises.. they have a great "relationship"... it's kind of theCore that binds the show.

Quote:
yeah, Amanda sucks, heh.
still no sightings
Old 01-11-2009, 11:50 PM
Master Fan

There has been so much going on in this thread (yay), I forgot to respond to this, because I really agree with it:

Quote:
Plus half the fun is posting here and sharing Everwood,
Totally. The community really adds something to the show. I love the show as much as anyone here, but if I hadn't started posting about it and met other fans and shared our love for the show and discussed it, would I be as obsessed about it as I am? Absolutely not. I've never cared enough about most shows to do more than lurk, but with this show, I'm really glad I decided to get out of my shell and say something, because there's a whole community of fans, and as there should be. Uh, this is kind of trailing off, I thought I had more to say about how big a part of my Everwood experience is discussing it, but...yeah, I guess that's all I have to say.

And, oh, that quote. *melts* I love how natural it is, how simple it is; it's just so real. And you really sense their love. That's one of the top Greenie moments, definitely. They both look absolutely gorgeous too in that scene too, hee.

I'm glad you find Andy/Harold as the core, because they really have some fun times in season three (and four, for that matter).

And you like Hannah, yay. She is a breath of fresh air. I love how seamlessly she is introduced. She's a full character right away (well, not her very first tiny scene, but after that).

What do you think of Jake so far? Ooh, and the voice overs being gone? That was controversial as Amanda almost, heh. Same with the changes to the credits. Ooh ooh, and the opening kiss in the third season premiere? And Amy looking so hot? And I could just go on, hee, but I'm going to shut up because this is probably getting super annoying.

Last edited by 'Tos; 01-11-2009 at 11:56 PM
Old 01-12-2009, 05:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
What do you think of Jake so far? Ooh, and the voice overs being gone? That was controversial as Amanda almost, heh. Same with the changes to the credits. Ooh ooh, and the opening kiss in the third season premiere? And Amy looking so hot? And I could just go on, hee, but I'm going to shut up because this is probably getting super annoying.
Easy, Tos! Sit down.....put your head between your knees. That's it.
This show and its characters make many people hyperventilate.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos
Thanks for confirming I'm in the right groove with Everwood. it would be weird if I saw it way different to most of you here. But it is good to have a different take on characters and issues.

I'm finding Jake a bit of a pain.. haha The guys made of Teflon, he can't be insulted... He was ultra sneaky in getting Harold to lease him his old Surgery. And I didn't get on board with the Nina Date... in saying all that he may turn out to be a great dude.
I've just met Amanda.. so far only a tad annoying.. so the juries out there as well.

I noticed Ephram doing voice overs in early S3.. I did like Irv doing it.
In saying that..Ephrams Voice over ( Ep #6. S3) when writing and posting Amy's Princeton application was one of the most moving scenes to date.

EPHRAM (VOICEOVER): You want to know about me in 500 words, I get scared sometimes and disappointed. I have doubts and I love getting my way. I don’t like change, but I know it’s good for me and inevitable so I welcome it as best I can.

[Cut to Ephram reading the essay at the kitchen table.]

EPHRAM (VOICEOVER): There’s a poem by Johann Franck that says it better than I will. “Defy the old dragon, defy fear. The world may rage and quake but I shall remain singing in perfect peace.”

[Cut to Ephram walking in the rain to the mail box on the corner.]

EPHRAM (VOICEOVER): (CONT'D) Yeah, things happen – things you don’t expect – or want or like. The world rages and you become someone you didn’t know you’d ever be.

[Ephram pulls out of his coat the Princeton application with Amy’s address on it to put in the mailbox.]

EPHRAM (VOICEOVER): (CONT'D) And there you are, in your clothes, in your life, this is my future, this is me. This is me ‘cause I want things I never thought I would. I want the possibilities a school like Princeton can afford.

[Ephram puts the application in the mailbox, hesitates and then starts walking back to his house.]

EPHRAM (VOICEOVER): (CONT'D) A place to grow, to meet new people, a place to be surprised when life turns out to be nothing like I imagined.

That's true love

Now who's being annoying?

Betty I think we've both had to much red cordial, hence the hyperactivity

Finally. I promise to be caught up soon and this page can cease being a Newbie thread and return to it's DVD and Fan Campaign thread.
You guys have the patience of Job

Last edited by Sky_Dreamer; 01-12-2009 at 08:49 PM
Old 01-12-2009, 11:55 PM
Master Fan

Great voiceover, indeed. Ephram was always good with the essays, wasn't he? His "Fatal Flaw" essay is great too.

Quote:
Finally.:embarrased: I promise to be caught up soon and this page can cease being a Newbie thread and return to it's DVD and Fan Campaign thread.
You guys have the patience of Job
Well, you stuck around, hee. You don't know how many times we have new posters coming in, and...you never see them again. So we're not letting you go. Ever. You're here for life. Get it? Got it? Good. Plus we're all obscenely jealous that you're getting to discover this series for the very first time!

Ooh, and in saying you promise to be caught up soon, does that mean you got your missing disc?

Here's a hint for not getting spoiled: don't walk into the Season Five thread yet, heh.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:42 AM
New Fan

Quote:
That's one of the top Greenie moments, definitely.
What is a Greenie moment?

I am racing ahead of Paul I have literally just started season 4!! Yay, let's hear it people! So I am only 10 minutes in. Squeezing it in before the school run. This is the season I haven't seen EVER, so without spoiling it for Paul the first few minutes had me going I nearly hyperventilated.

Quote:
What do you think of Jake so far?
The man is all teeth and they are hysterically white. Seeing him moisturise

I'll let Paul catch up, must go and start getting my son's bag ready, can't really see his teachers understanding why I am late
Old 01-13-2009, 12:46 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I'll let Paul catch up, must go and start getting my son's bag ready, can't really see his teachers understanding why I am late
Show them Everwood, then they'd understand, heh.

Love hearing your takes on the "new" eps, Paul and sparklestar! Keep us posted on your reactions (especially to the characters new to S3 and/or 4). Though, yeah, you'd both be well-advised to avoid the Season 5 thread for the time being, hee.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklestar (View Post)
Amy and Ephram are nicknamed the "Greenies" because of the Al Green "Let's Get Together" make-out song that Ephram fantasized dancing with Amy to in season one. You remember that scene.....that resulted in Ephram waking up to a messy surprise!
Hence...the term Greenies everytime we say something about Amy and Ephram together.

Quote:
can't really see his teachers understanding why I am late
I agree with Thief. Just put a copy of Everwood on each teacher's desk. They'll shoo you and your children back home!

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 01-13-2009 at 07:56 AM
Old 01-13-2009, 05:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklestar (View Post)

I am racing ahead of Paul I have literally just started season 4!! Yay, let's hear it people! So I am only 10 minutes in. Squeezing it in before the school run. This is the season I haven't seen EVER, so without spoiling it for Paul the first few minutes had me going I nearly hyperventilated.

The man is all teeth and they are hysterically white. Seeing him moisturise

You are in for an absolute treat with season four, so you definitely deserve a "yay"! There is a run of episodes a little before midway through the season to the series (*sniff*) finale where every single episode is amazing. I mean, the episodes before that point are good, but to me, once it hits episode 410, it's up there with the season one consistency where every episode isn't just good, but incredible. Season four is very well loved here, hee, so you're so lucky to see it for the very first time and I have no doubt that you'll enjoy it just as much as we did and do.

I love that instead of an apple for the teacher, it's a copy of Everwood. Betty, you've got to get your students in on that! Although..I don't know what you would do with thirty or so copies of Everwood, heh.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread