Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2009, 06:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
She's a gorgeous woman, but I didn't warm to her character.
I think very cringe-worthy perfectly sums up my feelings on Madison pretty well, hee. I hated both her and Tommy, but I do see the benefits of them being around for Ephram and Amy. Maybe they weren't supposed to be the most likable anyway? I mean, it was pretty clear the end story for both Amy and Ephram was to be together, so why risk the audience loving their particular pairings over and above that end game couple? *shrugs*

If Madison, Tommy and Amanda all got together in a scene somehow, I think the Everwood universe would have exploded, hee. Paul, I just realized you have Amanda to look forward to. Have fun!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 01-08-2009, 08:02 PM
Loyal Fan

Randomly went to tvshowsondvd today and they still haven't posted anything! If we dont get info by the end of the month, I'm gonna be really ticked! Early 2009 ends in March for me, so anything later than that and Warner Bros. is gonna be in hot water!
Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views.

-Squall Leonhart
Old 01-08-2009, 08:08 PM
Master Fan

Why do I imagine they're going to release it on Dec. 31st, 2009 at 11:59 pm? Just to be jerks.

And how long has the "2009" in the title been cut out? Ah! That's the whole point of the title! To let lurkers and other newer posters know we're getting it this year. Frick. *quickly edits it back in*
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 01-08-2009, 08:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Paul, I just realized you have Amanda to look forward to. Have fun!
He did say that he now knows about Harold's tea party. Was the tea party pre or post Amanda?
Old 01-08-2009, 09:25 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Why do I imagine they're going to release it on Dec. 31st, 2009 at 11:59 pm? Just to be jerks.
Don't even joke. They had best keep their word! They seemed like they were going ahead with it at the Chat, what with Everwood being the big finish and everything.
Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views.

-Squall Leonhart
Old 01-09-2009, 03:33 PM
New Fan

I lost my internet for a couple of days, it was like losing a limb.

So I have to comment on stuff said several posts down, sorry.

Quote:
Sorry to be ganging up on the girls but I have to agree.
Madison did help Ephram grow and become more self assured, but I never quite got on board with the relationship.
I agree, although the age difference was a big deal it wasn't so huge here in the UK because the legal age of consent is 16 so none of this Ephram being a minor crap mattered. We can get married at 16 with parental consent but her being 21 was a bit weird. It was good for Ephram to have his feelings requited and for Amy to feel like she couldn't compete with a college girl just like Ephram couldn't compete with all star Colin.

Don't get me started on Tommy in fact hold that thought and let me get a fork so I can stab Amanda, I never warmed to this relationship. I am reliving it now grrrrrrr I'm on season 3 episode 14. I am usually such a placid person

On a happy note, can I just say how much I love Bright and how much his character is developing in season 3.

Quote:
Then they wonder why people like me who originally watched some of it years ago now want to watch again and manage to get their hands on it not the way they intended.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:14 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos
Paul, I just realized you have Amanda to look forward to. Have fun!
The good part is I have no Idea who or what Amanda is I've noted a few names that I've yet to know. Hannah is one, Rina Mimoun another .. Ohhhh so much to look forward to (sorry I'm gloating )

Just for fun.. these are a few perceptions I have from one or two words seen upon entering unfriendly threads.
Irv or Enda die.. or both. Ephram marries Madison for the babies sake. Rose leaves Everwood, divorced or death? Andy and Nina Don't become a couple.
lol.. just a few from a word or two seen before I high tail it out of there.
And I can't wait for Harold's tea party.. This had better be a great event Betty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklestar
On a happy note, can I just say how much I love Bright and how much his character is developing in season 3.
I agree.. Towards the end of S2 Brights character is really evolving. He's a goofy guy and has such a huge heart. I love Bright as well..
So I'm looking forward to S3 Bright.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Dreamer (View Post)
The good part is I have no Idea who or what Amanda is
Get ready to cringe.

Quote:
I've noted a few names that I've yet to know. Hannah is one, Rina Mimoun another .. Ohhhh so much to look forward to (sorry I'm gloating )
Rina Minoun is not a character....she's one of the writers of Everwood.

Quote:
Just for fun.. these are a few perceptions I have from one or two words seen upon entering unfriendly threads.
Irv or Enda die.. or both. Ephram marries Madison for the babies sake. Rose leaves Everwood, divorced or death? Andy and Nina Don't become a couple.
Of these perceptions....only one of them actually happens.

Quote:
And I can't wait for Harold's tea party.. This had better be a great event Betty
So you didn't see the tea party episode yet?

If you didn't you're in for a hilarious treat!

Quote:
I agree.. Towards the end of S2 Brights character is really evolving. He's a goofy guy and has such a huge heart. I love Bright as well..
So I'm looking forward to S3 Bright.
For most of season one, I couldn't stand Bright. How dare he be so mean to my Ephram! I loved how their friendship developed.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:16 PM
Master Fan

They stil haven't released season 2?
Old 01-10-2009, 12:54 AM
New Fan

Quote:
And I can't wait for Harold's tea party.. This had better be a great event
OMG are you crazy?? I deliberately haven't looked at any threads that discuss plot lines, I just can't spoil it for myself. Even one of the titles mentioned sports metaphors and I had no clue as to what that was until it came up in season 2.

Quote:
Are you trying to make me cry? It had better not be Ephram marrying Madison, or Rose dying, Harold needs her. And if Andy and Nina don't get together....

OMG am I just expecting way too much, <breathes heavily, someone pass me a brown paper bag>

Will get back to Everwood now, my lovely husband has taken my boys downstairs for breakfast so I can continue with my obsession with Everwood! Due to the time difference it is 7.54am here!
Old 01-10-2009, 08:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
OMG are you crazy?? I deliberately haven't looked at any threads that discuss plot lines, I just can't spoil it for myself. Even one of the titles mentioned sports metaphors and I had no clue as to what that was until it came up in season 2.
You are very strong! It's really difficult not to peek at those discussions! Kind of like learning the sex of your impending newborn and asking not to be told!

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 01-10-2009 at 02:10 PM
Old 01-10-2009, 04:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby_Slippers (View Post)
They stil haven't released season 2?
Unfortunately not. I thought releasing them in 2009 sounded really great, but now that we're in 2009 and we still know as much as we did in late 2008, suddenly I realize that 2009 is a long, long time.

Quote:
Hee! Thanks, Ausiello!

And by saying only one of the perceptions actually happens, she means they all happen in one big event: Irv and Edna die, so Ephram marries Madison in a realization that life is, indeed, short. Rose, in a depression over the deaths of her in-laws, divorces Harold and leaves Everwood, and because Ephram is now married, Andy decides he can't be with Nina and they don't get together. Wow, what a depressing show that would be, eh?!

I do think you'll like Hannah, Paul. She shows up very early in season three (first episode?) so you'll see her very soon. She was one of my favourite parts of season three, and really helped me get through the Amanda story, so I am forever indebted to a fictional character, heh.

Has your husband watched Everwood too, sparklestar? Or is he just feeding your obsession by making sure you have the episodes?

Quote:
in fact hold that thought and let me get a fork so I can stab Amanda, I never warmed to this relationship. I am reliving it now grrrrrrr I'm on season 3 episode 14. I am usually such a placid person
Hee! Amanda makes me violent too. I'm still curious if there were any fans of Amanda/Andy, because in all my years of obsessing over this show, I don't believe I've ever seen one. Or anyone who even remotely warmed to the relationship. That's how bad Amanda is!
Old 01-10-2009, 04:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Hee! Amanda makes me violent too. I'm still curious if there were any fans of Amanda/Andy, because in all my years of obsessing over this show, I don't believe I've ever seen one. Or anyone who even remotely warmed to the relationship. That's how bad Amanda is!
Leo didn't mind the relationship. We discussed that a while back in some discussion thread. I don't remember which! Anyway, she gave some logical explanations as to why we should cut Amanda some slack.
Old 01-10-2009, 06:46 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty
Get ready to cringe.
I bet you're just winding me up.. Amanda is a sweet name. hah.. I doubt she could be more cringe worthy than Madison in some scenes. I'll meet Amanda soon.
Quote:
Rina Minoun is not a character....she's one of the writers of Everwood.
Thanks.. I figured she was a character.
Quote:
I really have no idea.. I don't want any of those to be true, but I'm thinking Irv, as I saw somewhere he doesn't continue the voice overs in S4.. purely supposition
Quote:
So you didn't see the tea party episode yet? If you didn't you're in for a hilarious treat!
I don't believe I have??.. unless it was around Harold's Bagel debacle late S2... Looking forward to that eppy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklestar
OMG are you crazy?? I deliberately haven't looked at any threads that discuss plot lines, I just can't spoil it for myself
hehe well yeah.. probably Crazy .. I haven't set out to find spoilers..I stay out of obvious threads.. Plus half the fun is posting here and sharing Everwood, so its definitely Poster Beware
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tos
And by saying only one of the perceptions actually happens, she means they all happen in one big event: Irv and Edna die, so Ephram marries Madison in a realization that life is, indeed, short. Rose, in a depression over the deaths of her in-laws, divorces Harold and leaves Everwood, and because Ephram is now married, Andy decides he can't be with Nina and they don't get together. Wow, what a depressing show that would be, eh?!
No need to watch anymore eps.. thats all I needed to know
We should post that on the Anti- thread
I'll be starting S3 tonight so I'm looking forward to meeting Hannah heh.. and Amanda sure sounds trippy I take it she doesn't meet your approval Tos/Betty.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I doubt she could be more cringe worthy than Madison in some scenes. I'll meet Amanda soon.
I would take ten Madisons over one Amanda any day! But then....that's my opinion.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread