Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2018, 07:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I've always hated that people mock the scene in 'True Love' where he starts crying on the creek. yes this. he was a teenager.
Old 02-08-2018, 11:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I understand that cyndie57 but I still think it was offensive to Meredith and Andie to completely cut her from the original version. It was just one scene! And you have to buy the DVD just to see it Seems very cruel to dismiss all those years that Andie actually meant something to Pacey.

I just don't think they cared anymore by the end. They wanted to revisit the same old love triangle that had already dragged the show down to its most degrading point. Dawson and Pacey were basically strangers after Season 3 and Joey had on/off relationships with them both

Actually, I think this image is from the very last good episode of Dawson's Creek ~

...And it's way back in Season 2.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 02-08-2018, 06:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4brathan&brucas (View Post)
I understand that cyndie57 but I still think it was offensive to Meredith and Andie to completely cut her from the original version. It was just one scene! And you have to buy the DVD just to see it Seems very cruel to dismiss all those years that Andie actually meant something to Pacey.

ITA with you I think the writers' lame excuse was that we haven't seen Andie since season 4 so basically we barely remembered her character and it was an old story to tell
Old 02-09-2018, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love that ep. We always got the bad writing
Old 02-09-2018, 11:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndie57 (View Post)
ITA with you I think the writers' lame excuse was that we haven't seen Andie since season 4 so basically we barely remembered her character and it was an old story to tell

We hadn't seen the real Andie since before Season 3 Before they made her cheat off-screen.

I feel the same way about Dawson and Joey as characters. Their real personalities disappeared during Season 3. They made him act like a jerk to make him less of a likable romantic lead and they made Joey act as if she was "stuck" with him.

Why would Joey feel trapped with her own soul mate? It's just ridiculous writing. She was always the one who chose to walk up the ladder into his bedroom window.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 02-10-2018, 10:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
We hadn't seen the real Andie since before Season 3 Before they made her cheat off-screen.

I feel the same way about Dawson and Joey as characters. Their real personalities disappeared during Season 3. They made him act like a jerk to make him less of a likable romantic lead and they made Joey act as if she was "stuck" with him.

Why would Joey feel trapped with her own soul mate? It's just ridiculous writing. She was always the one who chose to walk up the ladder into his bedroom window.
yes what happened in season 3 and that eve thing?
Old 02-10-2018, 10:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandiexjeyton (View Post)
yes what happened in season 3 and that eve thing?

Don't get me started on the Eve thing what on earth was THAT? It almost felt like a different show. The whole seduction of Dawson story arc was really awkward, and clearly just an excuse to distract his thoughts away from Joey for a while.

When the group dynamic was strongest ~
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 02-10-2018, 12:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
When the group dynamic was strongest ~
loved the show when there was no tension between Dawson and Pacey and everyone was happy

the pillow fight scene was great especially as it leads into the theme song

definitely one of my fave scenes with the main 6 and the jumping into the pool scene in the all-nighter episode is my 2nd favorite
Old 02-10-2018, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

That episode in the photo would have made a great series finale. Aside from Andie's unfortunate mental illness, the group were all at their most positive and calm points together. Joey and Jen had finally made friends, Joey was back with Dawson, and things were getting back to their best on the show. It's unbelievable how different things are by the end of Season 3 compared to Season 2
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 02-10-2018, 07:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Love season 1 and season 2 so much nothing was the same after Kevin's departure, it's like the magic of the band was gone

Quote:
Old 02-11-2018, 11:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Love season 1 and season 2 so much nothing was the same after Kevin's departure, it's like the magic of the band was gone

I would give anything to erase Seasons 3-6 from the official Dawson's Creek canon

The only thing I liked about Season 6 was the introduction of Oliver Hudson as Eddie. He was my runner-up for Joey's endgame lover after Dawson. Joey seemed really happy with Eddie and I'm still resentful that the writers brought him back just to screw things up for good between them.

Joey and Dawson's relationship was the key point of interest in this show from day one. It's why I kept watching. So, I absolutely hate that the Series Finale makes it seem as if we were fooled from day one.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 02-11-2018, 08:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I like Eddie a lot but for me, Dawson is and will always be the only one for Joey

Quote:

Joey and Dawson's relationship was the key point of interest in this show from day one. It's why I kept watching. So, I absolutely hate that the Series Finale makes it seem as if we were fooled from day one.
I know right ? I was so mad after the series finale for that exact same reason, I started to watch the show because I flove "best friends falling in love stories" and now the writers and Kevin always talk about DJo platonic love as if they had never slept together, this is absolutely ridiculous
Old 02-12-2018, 07:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

love how Joey used to care.
Old 02-12-2018, 08:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
I like Eddie a lot but for me, Dawson is and will always be the only one for Joey

I loved D/Jo but Season 6 also sold me on Joey/Eddie. I was genuinely furious that the writers brought him back just to character assassinate him. They had a beautiful open ending in their relationship in 6x13 that is sabotaged 7 episodes later

Quote:
I know right ? I was so mad after the series finale for that exact same reason, I started to watch the show because I flove "best friends falling in love stories" and now the writers and Kevin always talk about DJo platonic love as if they had never slept together, this is absolutely ridiculous

I think Kevin is just saying what people want to hear He's doing the exact same thing when he tries to justify Elena ending up with Damon in The Vampire Diaries even though he'd always loved Stefan with Elena. Kevin's early departure from both shows pretty much destroyed them.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 02-16-2018, 05:44 PM
Elite Fan

Honestly, I didn't watch enough of s6 to have an opinion on Joey/Eddie. I was just so frustrated with how DJo was ripped apart again that I didn't bother with the majority of that season until the last few episodes.

Last edited by rossfangirl86; 02-16-2018 at 05:49 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread