Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2018, 06:46 PM
Master Fan

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a james and katie outtake from the photoshoot or even just a behind the scenes pic. I'm getting greedy though...so grateful to see them all in the same room again
Old 03-28-2018, 08:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

As much as I would like more, I'm still satisfied with what we got. It was an amazing day for DC fans.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 03-28-2018, 09:03 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
As much as I would like more, I'm still satisfied with what we got. It was an amazing day for DC fans.
It really was
Such a high to watch and see everyone together again and be reminded that DJ were the heart of the show
Old 03-28-2018, 10:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb D (View Post)
It really was
Such a high to watch and see everyone together again and be reminded that DJ were the heart of the show
I really liked how they talked about the DJ bond in the reunion video as well
Old 03-29-2018, 12:48 AM
New Fan

Ok, so this really opened a can of worms...

When that reunion video dropped yesterday, my heart sank. I knew that I had to watch it, but was pretty sure it would only bring back all the disappointment I try to forget about every time I think of DC.

For someone like me, who was 15 in 1998, the Dawson/Joey-relationship was what made me think that such a thing like true love excisted. I saw myself in Dawson, a guy who's not the toughest most self-confident guy in the classroom. And to see and, at that time, KNOW that someday, everything would work out for him, was what made me keep watching.

After the rumours of how it ended reached Scandinavia, I decided not to watch it. I couldn't believe it. If they took away this, the core of why I kept watching, why would I watch. It would just be a reminder that good guys don't get the girl. (Yes, I know he got Spielberg, his long-life dream - but we all know he would have dropped everything for Joey")

I guess I didn't watch it for a couple of years. After finally watching part 1, I couldn't believe the before mentioned rumours. Everything was leading up to the ending I wanted.
They could have ended the whole series after season 1, I would be happy.
They could have ended it after season 4, I would be happy.
They could have ended it after season 5, I would be happy.
They could have ended it after their heart-to-heart on the bench, in those last moments of the series finale, I would be happy.

Then everything was ruined for me.

Ever since, I've been searching forums like this, and interviews , hoping that someone would say something that could make me watch the show I loved so much, without feeling sad, thinking what "could have been". And to some degree, we find ways to "comfort" eachother.

When that video dropped yesterday, I was thinking "Maybe someone would say something, hinting that things certainly could have changed since..."
I watched the photos, noticing the JJ and KH closeness , and I even planned a post about that picture with Pacey and Grams, poiting out that he always prefered older women... and then I watched the video.

After watching it, I just thought "Another chance wasted".

Dawson "So tell me, Joey Potter..."
Joey: "What?"
Dawson: "Will you always love me, no matter what the circumstances?"
Joey: "It doesn't matter. We get the happy ending."
Old 03-29-2018, 02:10 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcluv (View Post)
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a james and katie outtake from the photoshoot or even just a behind the scenes pic. I'm getting greedy though...so grateful to see them all in the same room again
I agree!!! OMG so great watching that reunion! I'm glad Katie didn't answer meaning she thinks Joey belongs with Dawson otherwise she would of said the ending was fine!

Of course JJ fans are going to be happy with nothing had to be said.

Its awesome to see all the guys together!! I knew they are all close. Just shows that James/Katie and Kevin interaction on Insta few weeks back was all to do with this reunion.

I know occasions J/K catching up especially this year. Saw some great J/K moments but would like more behind the scenes stuff!

Couples aside I'm just sooooo thankful for this show that changed my life!!! Just like James mentioned and the other cast. Something that will always be remembered a unique show ahead of its time and something so special as the cast said!

I'm happy how they said the show's core was always DJ and Kevins goal was always to end with them.

I'm more happy at peace these days but still hard to watch the whole series due to the ending But it was the journey and always felt it would go back to DJ especially how people talk about the show over the years! Logical and emotionally it will always be DJ!

Thanks for the EW for the reunion. Must get the JVDB cover!

J/K Always!
Old 03-29-2018, 03:55 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by taubman (View Post)
I'm glad Katie didn't answer meaning she thinks Joey belongs with Dawson

I'm more happy at peace these days but still hard to watch the whole series due to the ending But it was the journey and always felt it would go back to DJ especially how people talk about the show over the years! Logical and emotionally it will always be DJ!
Totally agree on both points.
So nice to see you still posting here taubman!
Old 03-29-2018, 05:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossfangirl86 (View Post)
^ Yes, it's from the dock scene at the end of 3x02.
yes. loved that ep. That wasnt the same bracelet in anti prom right? It was a necklace that joey had. Hi taubman and Deb d. love your videos. I watch them a lot.
Old 03-29-2018, 08:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken1983 (View Post)
On being asked what they think of the ending:

James: It was probably the logic ending

Katie is more sceptical, but is cut of by the boys telling her that she isn't allowed to air her opinion

JJ happy with the ending.

Welcome to PeopleTV | PEOPLE.com (55min)
I already knew Josh was happy. Kevin Williamson said on the DVD commentary that Josh was pleasantly surprised that they went back to PJo.

Personally, I don't understand why fans NEED to know opinions of the actors on the endgame couples. The actors will go along with whatever the writers did and I'm sure Katie and James would have expressed the same happiness if the ending had been Dawson/Joey.

I remember on the DVD, Kevin Williamson made it VERY clear that his father was disappointed with the non-Dawson/Joey ending.

I love DJ from Seasons 1 and 2 no matter what came after.

ETA ~ I will add that I have always disliked the Final episode, based primarily on how melodramatic it was.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen

Last edited by Crystal Clear; 03-29-2018 at 12:22 PM
Old 03-29-2018, 05:26 PM
Elite Fan

^ Pretty much my thoughts on the whole thing. Though it is always nice to hear actors say positive things about the ships I enjoy. But a lack of comments doesn't bother me either, especially when my couple wasn't endgame. Not sure if they'd want to rock the boat or get the fandom roaring again. It's great to see some of the old DJo posters here again though.

pandiexjetyon, not sure what bracelet you're talking about?
Old 03-29-2018, 06:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

that was her mom's bracelet
Old 03-30-2018, 02:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
^ Pretty much my thoughts on the whole thing. Though it is always nice to hear actors say positive things about the ships I enjoy. But a lack of comments doesn't bother me either, especially when my couple wasn't endgame. Not sure if they'd want to rock the boat or get the fandom roaring again. It's great to see some of the old DJo posters here again though.

Agreed I've come to terms with the fact that actors are duty bound to respect the vision the writers had... But let's be honest - Kevin's heart was always with DJo.

Kevin's work on the Finale was very influenced by everything the new writers had contributed. He talks in the DVD commentary about not recognizing a lot of the moments from the later seasons - do you know what he did recognize? Dawson grieving Mitch's death from Season 5
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 03-31-2018, 05:52 AM
Elite Fan

I'm convinced that DJo's story would've ended quite differently if Kevin how stuck around. I'm sure there still would've been a lot of drama before that though.
Old 03-31-2018, 07:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

pandiexjetyon, not sure what bracelet you're talking about?
the one that pacey remembered in anti prom.
Old 03-31-2018, 08:13 AM
New Fan

There's so much P/J-love on Twitter now, so I had to find a D/J-trbute. Someone made this last year. Beautiful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20xUgMCj2jA

Season 4 ended with a nice D/J-moment, and so did season 5.. Why, oh, why, Kevin!?

"And if we really mean to each other what we say we mean to each other, then...there's nothing to worry about. Everything will work itself out, I guarantee it"
Closed Thread   Post New Thread