Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2018, 07:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4brathan&brucas (View Post)

It felt as if they changed the meaning of "soul mates" where D/Jo were concerned just to suit the haters, and it completely negated all of the years Dawson and Joey spent in a budding romance. Maybe the whole "soulmates = best friends" theory would have made sense had D/Jo never gotten together, but they DID. It was basically a retcon of their entire romantic relationship, and I can't be satisfied when writers have to go to such great lengths in order to make Joey end up with somebody else.
I'm not angry anymore but ITA with you the promise of the show was 2 best friends falling madly in love with each other so I totally felt cheated with that crappy ending Jen and Jack are the real non romantic "soulmates" of the show imho
Old 01-02-2018, 07:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I've been rewatching season 4. All the times they've been there for each other.
Old 01-02-2018, 05:03 PM
Elite Fan

After I first watched the finale, I was very upset and didn't watch the show for years. But in the end, it doesn't change what DJo were to each other or what their history was. Nor do I believe it would change their ultimate pattern which was them always finding a way back together, romantically. It kind of soothes me to know that KW actually intended for DJo to end up together and only changed it at the very last minute. Because the finale, imo was all about DJo.

I watched the s2 finale last night which is actually the first time I saw it and wow. Why is the JK chemistry always so intense and on point in episodes like this? When everything is about to come crashing down? That beginning scene was very bittersweet, when Joey said she's addicted to love stories that don't end happily. And then her telling Dawson at the end that she'd never forgive him. Obviously that didn't happen but Dawson had to be crushed to hear that. I'm glad he told her the truth about her father even though she didn't want to hear it. And he was right to do it the way he did but I understand why she directed her anger at him even if it wasn't fair. She just had no one else to take it out on so she hurt the person she knew would always be there. I also liked some of their other scenes like Joey telling Dawson he was part of the family and even the scene where he told her about her dad. I get why she didn't want to believe it and why she felt so hurt, it had to be like living out the nightmare of her childhood all over again.
Old 01-04-2018, 07:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I've rewatched all of season 4 and am going back to season 3.
Old 01-08-2018, 01:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossfangirl86 (View Post)
After I first watched the finale, I was very upset and didn't watch the show for years. But in the end, it doesn't change what DJo were to each other or what their history was. Nor do I believe it would change their ultimate pattern which was them always finding a way back together, romantically. It kind of soothes me to know that KW actually intended for DJo to end up together and only changed it at the very last minute. Because the finale, imo was all about DJo.
That's my issue, though. Joey's admission "I know who I'm supposed to be with, I've always known" is an immediate retcon. We all know that Joey's ongoing flaw throughout the show was not knowing what she really wants. Even Dawson tells her this when they break up in 6x02. She's always "trying to escape." That's exactly what we saw in Season 2 - Joey running away from her issues instead of facing them. She ran away from Dawson countless times, both literally and metaphorically. That's why fans kept watching the show, in the hope of seeing that time come when they would FINALLY reconcile. Not as friends, but as destined romantic lovers. It had been a long time coming. Yet when it does happen, we get a crappy one night stand story line then Joey telling Pacey that she was running away from HIM all along.

It's the most contradictory, confused TV writing I had ever seen at that point.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-08-2018, 07:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love season 2 when dawson and joey say I love you I love you too Dawson. They are my otp. I love these babies so much.
Old 01-08-2018, 09:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossfangirl86 (View Post)
That beginning scene was very bittersweet, when Joey said she's addicted to love stories that don't end happily. And then her telling Dawson at the end that she'd never forgive him. Obviously that didn't happen but Dawson had to be crushed to hear that.
I always found it sad that Dawson did the morally just thing by telling Joey about her dad's crimes yet he ended up paying the price for it. How did HE end up as the bad guy in this scenario? Mr Potter betrayed his daughters' trust in him. He had a family who loved him yet he turned his back on that.

I also hated how in Season 3, Pacey throws it in Dawson's face, making him out to be a bad guy. How can Dawson's best friend not see that how incredibly DIFFICULT it must have been for Dawson to tell his girlfriend the truth about her criminal father?

Also, the D/Jo romantic tragedy dialogue:

D: So, Joey Potter... Will you always love me, despite the circumstances?
J: It doesn't matter - we get the happy ending.

Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-09-2018, 07:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I always found it sad that Dawson did the morally just thing by telling Joey about her dad's crimes yet he ended up paying the price for it. How did HE end up as the bad guy in this scenario? Mr Potter betrayed his daughters' trust in him. He had a family who loved him yet he turned his back on that.

I also hated how in Season 3, Pacey throws it in Dawson's face, making him out to be a bad guy. How can Dawson's best friend not see that how incredibly DIFFICULT it must have been for Dawson to tell his girlfriend the truth about her criminal father?

Also, the D/Jo romantic tragedy dialogue:

D: So, Joey Potter... Will you always love me, despite the circumstances?
J: It doesn't matter - we get the happy ending.

exactly Gwen. I think he did the right thing.I've been rewatching them. These two belong together. Dawson and Joey have been there for each other always.
Old 01-14-2018, 01:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandiexjeyton (View Post)
I love season 2 when dawson and joey say I love you I love you too Dawson. They are my otp. I love these babies so much.
That scene made me cry so hard the first time I saw it.

The music Seasons 1 & 2 was my fave not songs but the background music especially during that whole moment.

It would be when they breakup of course.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 01-14-2018, 01:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

saw this walking past a sidewalk the other day
Old 01-14-2018, 03:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

^ That was on the sidewalk???

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandiexjeyton (View Post)
exactly Gwen. I think he did the right thing.I've been rewatching them. These two belong together. Dawson and Joey have been there for each other always.

Season 3 was an interesting role reversal of Joey telling Dawson that she's sorry, and him not being ready to get back together with her.

It was tough seeing that, but I didn't blame him at all. He lost so much in the process of telling her about her Dad's crimes.

Probably my favorite Dawson quote in Season 3: "I'm starting to forget.... Why we're not together."

He thought he had every reason in the world to not get back together with her in 3x01, but it all seemed to fade by mid Season 3. He wanted her back, long before he knew about Pacey's feelings for her. It was never some competition for Dawson. He missed and loved Joey.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-14-2018, 09:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
^ That was on the sidewalk???
not sure how long it's been there for but yup
Old 01-15-2018, 04:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dairfan21 (View Post)

saw this walking past a sidewalk the other day
awww thanks for sharing
Old 01-15-2018, 04:54 PM
Elite Fan

Aww that's cute! Thanks for sharing. I can just picture Dawson writing things like that on the sidewalk in their old age and Joey just smiling while rolling her eyes at him.

There's no doubt in my mind that Dawson wanted Joey back in s3 because he simply loved and wanted her. Her pushing him away like she did at the end of s2 and saying she never wanted to see him again had to cut him deeply. It must've taken him a while to get over it but there's just that undeniable bond/pull between DJo. No matter how much it hurts, they can't imagine life without the other.

Some s1 icons, feel free to use with credit of course.

Old 01-16-2018, 04:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So pretty love them thanks for sharing