Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2018, 07:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved them season 1. always the best dances on the show.
Old 01-18-2018, 05:26 PM
Elite Fan

What's everyone's favorite DJo dance?
Old 01-18-2018, 08:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Love their first dance in S1 when he was still all over Jen but my favorite is in S2 when they're back together and say ILY to each other and of course the song "Feels Like Home"
Old 01-19-2018, 04:09 PM
New Fan

So, I just found this interview with KW, discussion the fact that is is 20 years since DV first aired. I was hoping to find something of comfort and smiled when I saw this:

And Dawson and Joey are soul mates, while Joey and Pacey are the romantic version of that connection.

Soul mates are not always your romantic love. The way that I see it, Dawson and Joey ended up together. They're soul mates forever. And they have that deep bond of friendship that will never, ever go away. But her romantic love for Pacey was who she wanted to be with and share her life with. And in a weird way they're all soul mates. Dawson and Pacey were always going to be best friends.

I watched this show when it originally aired and have always been in the minority who wanted to see Dawson end up with Joey romantically.

Me too. It's hard for me to express that but I am Team Dawson. Even though I wrote it the other way, 100 percent, if you asked me, I'm Team Dawson.

As in Joey should have wound up with Dawson romantically?

It ended the way it was supposed to end — but I am Team Dawson. It's always Dawson and Joey forever. And in the same way — and I hate to say this and no one gets it — but in my heart of hearts it's Stefan and Elena forever [on The Vampire Diaries]. What Stefan did for Elena was the ultimate act of love. How can it not be Stefan and Elena?! It's tragic love, but it's love. Life and afterlife is not easy! [Laughs.]

But then my smile vanished when he later stated this:

Where do you think Dawson, Pacey and Joey are today?

I think they're still best friends. I don't think they see enough of each other and they really wish they could. I think that they probably text each other a lot (laughs). I think Pacey and Joey are very much still together and have kids. I think they have had some ups and downs that have only enriched their relationship and made them stronger. And they're rich in character and deeply rooting for Dawson in Hollywood, who has taken a roller coaster of a ride both professionally and personally.

GIVE US A BREAK, KEVIN!

You can read the whole thing here: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...ecrets-1075834

Last edited by Ken1983; 01-19-2018 at 04:09 PM Reason: adding link
Old 01-19-2018, 06:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the link

So he didn't want to sacrifice the characters yeah right
that's why Andie became the cheater and Dawson the bad one in s3
Old 01-20-2018, 04:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndie57 (View Post)
Thanks for the link

So he didn't want to sacrifice the characters yeah right
that's why Andie became the cheater and Dawson the bad one in s3
KW didn't write Season 3 though.

He was just stupid & left the other writers with DJo in a mess at the end of Season 2.

I liked what KW said about both ships.

I love both DJo & PJo.

I know it's hard to believe that's poss. but I fell for PJo during repeats.

I even still love Pandie.

I can actually say that I would be fine with all those endgames after all these years.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 01-20-2018, 12:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think the hopeless romantic in me instinctively goes for the tragic doomed non-endgame ship but all of these old shows that I'm just starting now in the past few years I'm kinda already going in rooting for a ship so that's very different than being undecided on what ship you like

it's definitely very satisfying to watch slow burn ships/ships that take a while to get together so I understand PJo as a concept

the whole Dawson was her childhood love vs Pacey being her adult love doesn't ring entirely true for me because PJo got together in hs not after hs (who was saying this in that video? I forgot was it KW?)

there's also always the issue of if you get a ship together too soon writers don't know what to do so sometimes unfortunately they create drama just for the sake of creating drama

I knew that he left the show after season 2 but I've forgotten recently thanks for reminding me Jaime Bee

Does anyone know who the main writer was seasons 3-4? I'm guessing Paul Stupin?

I just think it was a lazy writing choice what they chose to do with Andie's character at the beginning of season 3 and I really do think that a perfectly good ship was ruined just to prop up PJo (I'm definitely more upset with what the writers did to Pandie than DJo from a shipper's POV b/c they are the healthiest romantic relationship to me on the show)

I'm also upset with how the Dawson and Pacey friendship suffered

seen the comparisons between DJo and Stelena and PJo and Delena before even though I don't watch TVD and there's definitely that soulmate bond that goes beyond lovers and friends (again I haven't seen TVD other than clips so I don't know how much of a friendship Stelena has)

but it's also different since DJo have been best friends since childhood

I disagree I don't think PJo would've stayed together haha

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 01-20-2018 at 01:43 PM
Old 01-21-2018, 05:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
KW didn't write Season 3 though.

He was just stupid & left the other writers with DJo in a mess at the end of Season 2.

I liked what KW said about both ships.

I love both DJo & PJo.

I know it's hard to believe that's poss. but I fell for PJo during repeats.

I even still love Pandie.

I can actually say that I would be fine with all those endgames after all these years.

That interview has made me intensely angry because a) he pointed out what a mess they made of Stefan/Elena in TVD post-Season 3 and b) after all these years, KW is still trying to twist the meaning of 'soulmates' by way of justifying Joey ending up with someone other than her soulmate. Can he not see that all that fancy talk and discussion makes it worse? There's no point in Kevin going on about being Team Dawson himself When the end result didn't satisfy Dawson. Let's be honest - this isn't just about Joey. Dawson's true love was Joey. They can try to twist it any way they want, but I don't remember Joey always being in love with Pacey. What I DO remember is how she pined for Dawson throughout the entirety of Season 1. Then the rest of the show depicted their on/off relationship.

Like you said, Kevin wasn't there for the show post-Season 3 and he even stated on the DVD commentary that he didn't recognize any of the Seasons 3 and 4 clips which were shown in the Series Finale. Yet he thought that he would allow other writers to boss him into changing the ending he had originally planned out for DJo.

The Vampire Diaries suffered the same doomed fate as Dawson's Creek. Another show that KW left early on in the hands of people who didn't respect the original and best couple. There's nothing we can do about it other than endure it, but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

Also his silly comment about "all three of them are soulmates in some way" - just stop, Kevin.

I still preferred Pacey with Andie. Romantically, he seemed less stressed with her, despite her personal problems, and there was no love triangle which forced him to feel like second best. Sorry but I never liked Pacey and Dawson being depicted as rivals. All of their scenes together became strained after Season 2.

Quote:
Does anyone know who the main writer was seasons 3-4? I'm guessing Paul Stupin?

Yes the same guy who talked with him on the DVD commentary and openly admitted to sabotaging the DJo relationship back in Season 2, even though they had the option to just give them a normal, happy romance at that point.

Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-22-2018, 07:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossfangirl86 (View Post)
What's everyone's favorite DJo dance?
thats easy. the one in anti prom.
Old 01-23-2018, 09:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

This is a classic vid. I remember downloading it years ago.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 01-24-2018, 11:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

yes I remember that.
Old 01-24-2018, 11:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandiexjeyton (View Post)
thats easy. the one in anti prom.
Are you sure you don't mean promicide?
Old 01-24-2018, 06:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Love that video so much thanks for posting
Old 01-24-2018, 07:33 PM
Master Fan

Happy 20th Anniversary D/Jers! it's been so long since I've visited and posted, but I've been following the 20th anniversary press and it has made me nostalgic! I originally loved the Kevin interview because I felt that he finally admitted that he did want Dawson and Joey to end up romantically. But after reading everyone else's point of views on this thread, I'm annoyed now as well! He does go in circles and that line about Dawson, Joey, and Pacey all being soulmakes was absolutely ridiculous

I'm glad you're all here to keep the D/Jo love alive!
Old 01-25-2018, 07:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcluv (View Post)
Happy 20th Anniversary D/Jers! it's been so long since I've visited and posted, but I've been following the 20th anniversary press and it has made me nostalgic! I originally loved the Kevin interview because I felt that he finally admitted that he did want Dawson and Joey to end up romantically. But after reading everyone else's point of views on this thread, I'm annoyed now as well! He does go in circles and that line about Dawson, Joey, and Pacey all being soulmakes was absolutely ridiculous

I'm glad you're all here to keep the D/Jo love alive!
Love your icon. miss you here.