Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2018, 11:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

yes. James had asked for less screen time.
Old 01-31-2018, 11:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I've never liked the Finale. It felt like a forced call-back to the Pilot with Dawson's TV show replicating his bedroom playful dynamic with Joey and Jen's death being some sort of full-circle thing with her being the one who moved to the Creek in the Pilot... Just, no...

Also, the writers seemed to enjoy wasting time with duping the audience. Every other half hour, Joey was having a conversation that was referencing her "feelings for her ex-boyfriend" ... Then the dance at Dawson's house and the dinner at Pacey's restaurant where they were making jokes about "Dawson not wanting to let go of his soul mate"...

It didn't lead to what it should have done. We were duped out of a D/Jo endgame pairing and everything else that happened in the narrative was therefore a betrayal.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 02-01-2018, 07:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4brathan&brucas (View Post)
I've never liked the Finale. It felt like a forced call-back to the Pilot with Dawson's TV show replicating his bedroom playful dynamic with Joey and Jen's death being some sort of full-circle thing with her being the one who moved to the Creek in the Pilot... Just, no...

Also, the writers seemed to enjoy wasting time with duping the audience. Every other half hour, Joey was having a conversation that was referencing her "feelings for her ex-boyfriend" ... Then the dance at Dawson's house and the dinner at Pacey's restaurant where they were making jokes about "Dawson not wanting to let go of his soul mate"...

It didn't lead to what it should have done. We were duped out of a D/Jo endgame pairing and everything else that happened in the narrative was therefore a betrayal.
I know.
Old 02-02-2018, 05:32 AM
New Fan

The one thing I liked about the finale was the reenactment of the pilot bedroom scene between "Colby" and "Sam".

We know that DC is based on KW's childhood experiences of living on a creek and growing up wanting to be a filmmaker. He made an essentially biopic show about a guy who lives on a creek and wants to be a filmmaker, who grows up to make a show about a guy who lives on a creek ....

It leads me to imagine that Colby will, too, play out his adolescence on screen before growing to make a show about a(nother) boy who lives on a creek.... Somewhere in a parallel universe, there is an infinite sequence: Kevin's Creek, Dawson's Creek, Colby's Creek, Joshua's Creek, Martin's Creek,... Each one of them is a little different (would be great to see them all!). And, who knows, perhaps in Colby's creek it is Colby who gets the girl.

Last edited by ubiquitousuk; 02-02-2018 at 05:38 AM
Old 02-03-2018, 06:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubiquitousuk (View Post)
The one thing I liked about the finale was the reenactment of the pilot bedroom scene between "Colby" and "Sam".

We know that DC is based on KW's childhood experiences of living on a creek and growing up wanting to be a filmmaker. He made an essentially biopic show about a guy who lives on a creek and wants to be a filmmaker, who grows up to make a show about a guy who lives on a creek ....

It leads me to imagine that Colby will, too, play out his adolescence on screen before growing to make a show about a(nother) boy who lives on a creek.... Somewhere in a parallel universe, there is an infinite sequence: Kevin's Creek, Dawson's Creek, Colby's Creek, Joshua's Creek, Martin's Creek,... Each one of them is a little different (would be great to see them all!). And, who knows, perhaps in Colby's creek it is Colby who gets the girl.

I agree, it was cute how they linked it to KW's childhood But in terms of the storyline, I hated how they juxtaposed it with the real D/Jo to somehow justify a platonic ending for them.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 02-03-2018, 08:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I know a platonic ending?
Old 02-03-2018, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

It's a sick joke They must think we're really stupid, to think it's okay for them to retcon everything romantic about D/Jo

Anyway, it's my personal opinion that the penultimate episode was better than the actual Finale. Joey went to Paris (FINALLY) and Dawson and Pacey mended their friendship (FINALLY)

In other words, she ended up with no-one except herself and they were all free to explore their own lives instead of obsessing over an unhealthy love triangle.

Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 02-03-2018, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Anyway, it's my personal opinion that the penultimate episode was better than the actual Finale. Joey went to Paris (FINALLY) and Dawson and Pacey mended their friendship (FINALLY)

In other words, she ended up with no-one except herself and they were all free to explore their own lives instead of obsessing over an unhealthy love triangle.

Joey ending up with Pacey was so fan service I can't even

you make some really good points

I really do like the final scene of Dawson telling Joey and Pacey that he's meeting Spielberg with say goodnight not goodbye playing
Old 02-03-2018, 02:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I wouldn't have minded the ending so much if it wasn't a total retcon. I don't mean the P/Jo ending, I mean how the writers went out of their way to stress "soul mates doesn't have to be a romantic thing" and "Joey always knew who she was meant to be with"

Come on, such utter nonsense
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 02-03-2018, 04:54 PM
Elite Fan

Watched the pilot of s3 a few nights ago and I just can't even. I'm thinking of skipping this season on my rewatch since they began rewriting Dawson's character in this episode and pushed DJo apart again. Though at this point, it did make sense for Dawson to want some distance from Joey. He was still hurting and he knew it just wasn't the right time for them. But you could definitely tell he knew their time wound come around again, their relationship just needed time for healing first. I did like the scene in the hallway and that Joey was clearly still in love with him. But that's about it, I didn't really like the bedroom scene or any of the episode really. s3 was painful to watch the first time around and now I remember why.

I really don't know what to say about the finale, it has been forever since I saw it and I did like DJo's scenes even if they didn't end up together.
Old 02-04-2018, 03:16 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

I HATED the finale!!! I consider it one of the worst finales in history and I do not consider it a part of the show lol. No strong opinions at all at all. But GEEZUS, no part of it made me happy.

♥ tess/oliver | sydney/vaughn | faith/angel | dawson/joey | lex/lana | rogue/wolverine | harry/hermione | lois/clark | spike/buffy ♥

Old 02-04-2018, 03:22 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dairfan21 (View Post)
Joey ending up with Pacey was so fan service I can't even

you make some really good points

I really do like the final scene of Dawson telling Joey and Pacey that he's meeting Spielberg with say goodnight not goodbye playing
Agree. (BTW, I just followed you on tumblr! I'm celebrated-as-the-rebel-kind) Viva Dawson & Joey!

♥ tess/oliver | sydney/vaughn | faith/angel | dawson/joey | lex/lana | rogue/wolverine | harry/hermione | lois/clark | spike/buffy ♥

Old 02-05-2018, 07:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise (View Post)
Agree. (BTW, I just followed you on tumblr! I'm celebrated-as-the-rebel-kind) Viva Dawson & Joey!
I'm on tumblr too. glad to see more DJers.
Old 02-07-2018, 07:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I agree, Paradise It gives me no pleasure to re-watch the Finale. Everything (not just D/Jo, but Jen's whole death plot and Dawson's mom remarrying) felt off to me. It's also despicable that Meredith Monroe's scenes were cut from the final version

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossfangirl86 (View Post)
Watched the pilot of s3 a few nights ago and I just can't even. I'm thinking of skipping this season on my rewatch since they began rewriting Dawson's character in this episode and pushed DJo apart again. Though at this point, it did make sense for Dawson to want some distance from Joey. He was still hurting and he knew it just wasn't the right time for them. But you could definitely tell he knew their time wound come around again, their relationship just needed time for healing first. I did like the scene in the hallway and that Joey was clearly still in love with him. But that's about it, I didn't really like the bedroom scene or any of the episode really. s3 was painful to watch the first time around and now I remember why.

The bedroom scene in that episode was so awkward The writers spun things around to make Joey look desperate for Dawson's forgiveness (by offering herself to him) and Dawson being the one to reject her, which made zero sense given that he was ready to sleep with her in Season 2. Remember that scene where they were on the romantic boat ride together after they reunited as a couple?

Season 3 is terrible and awkward for D/Jo. You can tell, they were mixing new writing staff with old ones and there was a confusion over which writer wanted Joey to get back with Dawson and who wanted her to start something with Pacey.

I've always said, the number 1 reason why I hated the D/J/P love triangle is because they butchered Dawson's character It was insanely unfair.

Also, I've always hated that people mock the scene in 'True Love' where he starts crying on the creek. He looked genuinely devastated to lose Joey.

Quote:
I really don't know what to say about the finale, it has been forever since I saw it and I did like DJo's scenes even if they didn't end up together.

I preferred their scenes in the penultimate episode. It was left more open-ended between them. Joey tells Dawson to "close his eyes" then quietly takes off to Paris.

Call me crazy, but I think this would have been the perfect ending to the show With Dawson and Pacey's reconciliation being the icing on the cake.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 02-07-2018, 09:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I agree, Paradise It gives me no pleasure to re-watch the Finale. Everything (not just D/Jo, but Jen's whole death plot and Dawson's mom remarrying) felt off to me. It's also despicable that Meredith Monroe's scenes were cut from the final version
about that, if I remember correctly, Kevin needed her for 3 days to shoot all of her scenes but she was only available for one day
Quote:
I preferred their scenes in the penultimate episode. It was left more open-ended between them. Joey tells Dawson to "close his eyes" then quietly takes off to Paris.

Call me crazy, but I think this would have been the perfect ending to the show With Dawson and Pacey's reconciliation being the icing on the cake.
I usually hate open-ended finale series but this one would have been the best