Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2018, 06:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

things that joey said make me wonder.
Old 08-22-2018, 01:01 AM
Elite Fan

Did they change writers after S3? That's when they really started shoving PJ down our throats
Old 08-22-2018, 09:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropetuned (View Post)
Did they change writers after S3? That's when they really started shoving PJ down our throats
yes Kevin left after S2 to work on another show
atwoodsmariano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 10:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I think it was because the writers were team PJo and they saw the fandom going in that direction as well. Sadly, it wasn't everyone's choice and at that time it probably wasn't Kevin's either, but he wasn't there to keep the DJo relationship going.

icon credit: crash landing
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 01:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dairfan21 (View Post)
yes Kevin left after S2 to work on another show

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I think it was because the writers were team PJo and they saw the fandom going in that direction as well. Sadly, it wasn't everyone's choice and at that time it probably wasn't Kevin's either, but he wasn't there to keep the DJo relationship going.
Definitely seems like a mix of the two as right around 2009 (around the time Kevin left)

Is when they went full PJ
Old 08-23-2018, 11:21 AM
Extreme Fan

I am not so sure it was the fandom that pushed P/J. Pacey/Andie were very popular at the end of season two..

Look at how the writers completely destroyed Andie's character to even make P/J viable. P/J was Greg Berlanti's idea.

Kw had mentioned it, but I am almost positive he would have not destroyed Andie to make it happen

The reason it seems there are so many P/j'ers compared to P/Ais that most of them quit the show in disgust after the assassination of Andie and they never followed the show after that

Between seasons 2 and 3 the show lost 1.4 million viewers per episode. I wonder how many of them were P/A?

Also KW did not decide on the P/J ending till half way through his writing of the final two episodes. I am positive it was the unavailability of Meredith Monroe who was filming something else. So he could not get the 2 or 3 weeks he needed to write the story he wanted.

From what i have read it was Julie Plec who insisted P/A have some sort of final clear the air encounter. Thus the cut from TV scene of Pacey and Andie in the hospital cafeteria.

Originally the last scene of the show was to be Pacey and Andie going off to dinner. Not as lovers, but as friends with a hint the relationship might change.

Interesting facts:

1. KW never understood why they wrote Andie off the show, and the way they treated her character. So was Julie Plec

2. In the E. online interview KW stated if he was to write a movie Joey and Pacey would be divorced. And Dawson never found "True Love". One can see where that would be heading.

3. Joshua Jackson was very angry and upset when they let Meredith Monroe go. At the 100th episode he walked around with a picture of Meredith Monroe pinned over his heart and scrawled across the picture was "I love Andie"

Sasha Alexander said in an interview the only time she Saw Joshua Jackson angry and upset was Meredith Monroe's last day on set

It was never supposed to end P/J
TL22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 12:21 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for that post! Definitely lots of clarity there Pandora were perfect together it seems like they had to completely change his character to fit PJ

Joshua Jackson has always been my boy but reading his effection for MM is great!
Old 08-23-2018, 04:52 PM
Extreme Fan

i went back to the first page of this thread and this particular segment has been active for over three years. Which means to me a lot of neat things on this thread are not being enjoyed by the participants.

(By the way I was the one who came up with Joey is the rebound girl and not permanent.

This link will take you to an excellent anti Pacey/Joey article.

https://swonderfulsmarvellous.wordpr...peside-sucked/
Old 08-30-2018, 12:14 AM
Elite Fan

Paceys blowup in Promicide is still the best thing ever
Old 08-30-2018, 06:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I feeel like I'm nothing.
Old 09-04-2018, 12:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

re-watching 6x01, 6x02, and 4x15 in succession it's really interesting to compare the morning after scenes
Old 09-04-2018, 04:55 PM
Elite Fan

I'll have to go rewatch those now
Old 09-10-2018, 06:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
re-watching 6x01, 6x02, and 4x15 in succession it's really interesting to compare the morning after scenes
I know right? and the lie she told to dawson, but I am glad she apologized.
Old 09-12-2018, 05:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I re-watched Promicide today and that scene is so satisfying
Old 09-13-2018, 06:26 PM
Extreme Fan

What makes the episode so satisfying is that Pacey finally regained his stones and finally stood up to Joey and her so called pity and subtle verbal bullying. \\

What makes his episode even better is this episode was meant to break up Pacey and Joey FORVER

The reason I say this is the following.

When the first season was filmed the TPTB felt there was a good chance that all they were going to get was one season; so they ended the season with Dawson gets the girl (Joey) and the last scene of the final episode was Dawson and Joey together in his room kissing.

Now during season four which TPTB felt there was a good chance that season four was to be their final season did the following

1 They had the anti-prom episode, which finished Pacey and Joey forever. No couple comes back from that tirade.

2. Andie was brought back for graduation and her and Pacey had a magical moment, which gave the newly single Pacey and Andie a good foundation to renew their relationship.

3. The final scene of the last episode of season four is identical to the final episode of season one. The exact same shot, same music playing, and Dawson and Joey kissing in his room

So at the end of season four you have Dawson and Joey reunited, Pacey and Andie in a good place. The series ends and all is right
with the world . Then came the unexpected season five.

So much for the P/J'ers who claim Pacey and Joey were foreshadowed .
from season one.

No way

Last edited by TL22; 09-13-2018 at 06:34 PM
Reply   Post New Thread