Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2021, 06:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
This part ~

Quote:
I was super annoyed when Pacey told Joey that she is the only thing that ever made sense to him.
YESSSS. This annoyed the out of me. And what's ironic is that quote is in the script of the only P/J centric episode I actually liked {Castaways}.

I think the reason why I'm okay with that episode is because the writer didn't try to diminish what she had with Dawson or Eddie. Castaways seems great in comparison to the actual Series Finale, where everything she had with Dawson is trivialized into a "he was my childhood crush who will stay that way" garbage approach.

Think of what Andie did for him in season 2 -- she got Pacey to reunite with his father. She initiated that conversation for him when she was in rehab that got Pacey to finally be on good terms with the man who had treated him terribly for so many years.

This is why Joey should count herself as lucky. She got to be with a version of Pacey who had already evolved enough due to his relationship with Andie, because something tells me that Joey wouldn't have even considered being with Pacey if his only long-term relationship at that point had been with his teacher, Tamara.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Crystal Clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 05:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Clear (View Post)

This is why Joey should count herself as lucky. She got to be with a version of Pacey who had already evolved enough due to his relationship with Andie, because something tells me that Joey wouldn't have even considered being with Pacey if his only long-term relationship at that point had been with his teacher, Tamara.
This is a very valid point and I truly believe that Andie played a huge part in making Pacey into the person we all loved. I'm such a huge Pacey fan, so I'd follow any relationship he had

icon credit: crash landing
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 11:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
This is a very valid point and I truly believe that Andie played a huge part in making Pacey into the person we all loved. I'm such a huge Pacey fan, so I'd follow any relationship he had

Yeah, I've often thought about how different things might have been in the show if Pacey had never experienced that relationship with Andie and he had only been with Tamara. I doubt that he would have had the confidence to do all those romantic things for Joey without developing the maturity stemming from those emotional times with Andie.

Joey certainly never seemed to entertain the idea at all, until he kissed her in Cinderella Story. She didn't kiss him back in season 1.

So I don't think she would have initiated it. Plus, it speaks volumes about the man Pacey had grown to be in the lead-up to P/J.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 10-22-2021, 06:06 AM
Elite Fan

Joey was his second choice and you’ll never convince me otherwise
Old 11-20-2021, 07:56 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
This part ~

YESSSS. This annoyed the out of me. And what's ironic is that quote is in the script of the only P/J centric episode I actually liked {Castaways}.

I think the reason why I'm okay with that episode is because the writer didn't try to diminish what she had with Dawson or Eddie. Castaways seems great in comparison to the actual Series Finale, where everything she had with Dawson is trivialized into a "he was my childhood crush who will stay that way" garbage approach.

Think of what Andie did for him in season 2 -- she got Pacey to reunite with his father. She initiated that conversation for him when she was in rehab that got Pacey to finally be on good terms with the man who had treated him terribly for so many years.

For this story to be correct Pacey should have followed Andie to Italy. I just can't see a future for Pacey and Joey. Pacey and Joey get into an argument. Joey runs off to Dawson because he is the only one who truly understands her. When she returns she can't understand why Pacey is mad at her which leads to another argument.

Pacey paints on the wall he bought for Joey, "Gone to Italy. Do not ask me to stay."
TL22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
Pacey paints on the wall he bought for Joey, "Gone to Italy. Do not ask me to stay."
Old 06-07-2022, 12:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Been thinking about how ridiculous it is that Joey and Pacey attempt to give their relationship another go in season 4 immediately after the Prom episode where Pacey screamed in her face that he feels like nothing with her & that it would be toxic if they stayed together.

I just can't deal with knowing how fans view Dawson/Joey as the toxic couple but they idealize the mess of Pacey/Joey. The fandom's view of the triangle is so imbalanced just because they prefer Pacey (or Josh) over Dawson.

I do think that Josh and Katie were given more screen time together to show their chemistry as a couple, but it coincides with Pacey being the most miserable and insecure he's ever been so I could never fully get on board with it.

Case in point: he loses his boat in a storm and acts as if his life isn't worth living anymore. I'm sorry but this was just insane.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-08-2022, 11:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree Gwen

think most of the fans tbh do have rose colored glasses on when it comes to how they view this couple because of their love for Josh and Pacey

have come across some fans of this couple who actually don't really like or even care about Joey that much as a character

still find it kind of weird how these 2 became a couple on the show after the couple broke up in real life

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 06-08-2022 at 11:18 PM
atwoodsmariano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
have come across some fans of this couple who actually don't really like or even care about Joey that much as a character
So true I fully remember all the forum posts back then mocking Dawson's crying scene in the season 3 finale and the constant demeaning affirmations of how hot they thought Pacey was. The main draw of 'Jacey' was never Joey for people, which should annoy feminists now surely?!? It was always "well Josh is hotter and he got her in real life so that's that."

My opinion of the Jacey ship has never changed: Pacey found it a hell of a lot easier to adore Joey from AFAR. There's an obvious drop in his confidence once she actually chooses him. He doesn't know how to step up and be the responsible one then. It all becomes too real and you see his demeanor completely change; he repetitively compares himself to Dawson and basically DEMANDS reassurance from Joey that she won't run back to Dawson. I felt so much embarrassment for him.

And that continues throughout the whole of season 4: Joey basically becomes the dominant one in the relationship and Pacey goes into a shell.

Honestly, he only had himself to blame. He took her off on a boat trip for 3 months but completely failed to mention to Joey that he should have been going to summer school instead. So his academic failures were brought on by his desperate efforts to surpass Dawson in the romance department. I find it hard to feel sorry for him there.

Then he thinks he's the ultimate failure and basically becomes suicidal when ~True Love~ is destroyed in a storm. He thinks it symbolizes his doomed relationship with her. I really hated that self-pitying nature of his in that season and it was all wrapped up in their relationship.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-19-2022, 08:51 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
So true I fully remember all the forum posts back then mocking Dawson's crying scene in the season 3 finale and the constant demeaning affirmations of how hot they thought Pacey was. The main draw of 'Jacey' was never Joey for people, which should annoy feminists now surely?!? It was always "well Josh is hotter and he got her in real life so that's that."

My opinion of the Jacey ship has never changed: Pacey found it a hell of a lot easier to adore Joey from AFAR. There's an obvious drop in his confidence once she actually chooses him. He doesn't know how to step up and be the responsible one then. It all becomes too real and you see his demeanor completely change; he repetitively compares himself to Dawson and basically DEMANDS reassurance from Joey that she won't run back to Dawson. I felt so much embarrassment for him.

And that continues throughout the whole of season 4: Joey basically becomes the dominant one in the relationship and Pacey goes into a shell.

Honestly, he only had himself to blame. He took her off on a boat trip for 3 months but completely failed to mention to Joey that he should have been going to summer school instead. So his academic failures were brought on by his desperate efforts to surpass Dawson in the romance department. I find it hard to feel sorry for him there.

Then he thinks he's the ultimate failure and basically becomes suicidal when ~True Love~ is destroyed in a storm. He thinks it symbolizes his doomed relationship with her. I really hated that self-pitying nature of his in that season and it was all wrapped up in their relationship.

What always puzzles me so many fans were fanatical for P/J and they just liked JJ/Pacey and basically did not care about KH/Joey. Couldn't they see how miserable he was with Joey and how happy he was with Andie.
TL22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 02:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

yeah if you like a couple you should really care about both people in the couple
Old 05-26-2023, 09:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Still love the OP for this thread haha

Like to read it when I want to have a good laugh
Old 07-17-2023, 07:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

not often I see it on here or talked about on other places but it's nice to see these 2 be exposed for being toxic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)

Chandler/Monica FOR THE WIN

Don't particularly love them or anything, they were always just there for me as a ship, but I liked them better than PJO (who i also didnt care 1 way or the other about but I found them more toxic)
Old 08-07-2023, 12:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Reply   Post New Thread