Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2015, 10:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfriends (View Post)
I don't really like anti-threads either. Anti-threads got closed down a long time ago on other boards that I visit. I think it would be nice to close down all the anti and un-appreciation threads on this board too, but it's up to the mods of course.

I love this show and I rather this board be a more positive reflection of the show.
Very well said.

And as far as the comment about the Anti threads having a purpose because they keep posters from venting in the appreciation threads of the couples they don't ship, then the solution to that is only visit your own couple's appreciation Thread.

Anyway, even Anti Threads can be kinder than they have been. No reason we can't all respect each other

icon credit: crash landing
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 10:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm thinking of closing these. I don't like anti threads because they cause too much conflict at least I think. if we can focus on the positive aspects of the show and I think the same things are starting to be said.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandiexjeyton (View Post)
I'm thinking of closing these. I don't like anti threads because they cause too much conflict at least I think. if we can focus on the positive aspects of the show and I think the same things are starting to be said.
That would make you a star in my book

Old 02-11-2015, 04:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Same here!
I am an original”
msstock87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 11:55 PM
Passionate Fan

Same here too!

Quote:
I like this board to be more positive than negative and I feel more like posting when I don't see an anti thread at the top of the page.
I totally agree.

I think anti threads create an unfriendly atmosphere and could drive people away from posting, or make them want to post in less threads.

I noticed that the anti threads were closed a couple of days ago, but someone must've re-opened them.
dcfriends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 04:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfriends (View Post)
Same here too!

I totally agree.

I think anti threads create an unfriendly atmosphere and could drive people away from posting, or make them want to post in less threads.

I noticed that the anti threads were closed a couple of days ago, but someone must've re-opened them.
That's how I feel too, I am more likely to post if I feel the atmosphere is friendly. When the atmosphere is friendly I feel more like posting on a variety of threads.
I am an original”
msstock87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 01:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Back in the day (and my friend, Jerry/Administrator can back this up) the Anti-threads were refreshing. They were necessary. Given how TPTB decided to essentially split apart the vast majority of the fanbase... without these threads a large portion of general threads turned into World War I, II III combined. Also, people needed a place to vent without worrying about others disagreeing. They wanted to rant and have others relate and understand.

Seriously, if ever a show/board needed the anti/unappreciation threads it certainly was this one. Of course it's not as tense now as it was back in the day.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich1111 (View Post)
Back in the day (and my friend, Jerry/Administrator can back this up) the Anti-threads were refreshing. They were necessary. Given how TPTB decided to essentially split apart the vast majority of the fanbase... without these threads a large portion of general threads turned into World War I, II III combined. Also, people needed a place to vent without worrying about others disagreeing. They wanted to rant and have others relate and understand.

Seriously, if ever a show/board needed the anti/unappreciation threads it certainly was this one. Of course it's not as tense now as it was back in the day.
this. they aren't as bad now.
Old 02-17-2015, 01:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

If you want to close them go for it. They could always be opened later if minds change.

I don't post here too often but when I do I like positivity

'People that are meant to be together always find their way in the end'
BrookeღLucas l EdwardღBella l RonღHermione l RyanღTaylor
avi: NOLA504
falling slowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 07:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by falling slowly (View Post)
If you want to close them go for it. They could always be opened later if minds change.

I don't post here too often but when I do I like positivity
I am keeping them open. this is the only board that has them and are allowed them. degrassi has more though. so many anti threads there I know Casey knows that.
Old 07-08-2015, 06:54 PM
Master Fan

I recently rewatched a lot of season 1 and season 2, and I just remembered how frustrated I was by Dawson and Joey. All the time. They angsted over the stupidest things, had "diatribes" about stupid things and what they said to each other was honestly so ridiculous that I wonder how they were supposed to be taken seriously. Plus the chemistry always fell flat, they were awkward as hell around each other. The only kiss between them they had that I thought was okay was the one in 1x13/2x01. The rest fell so flat and were so weird. They just...look weird together.

Soulmates they may be, but I don't think they were ever meant to be romantic, and they had a bond that they mistook to be romantic because they were both straight, boy and girl friends and probably thought that's what their stronger than normal friendship bond was.

To me, they were friends that should have stayed friends and had a romance thrust upon them by the writers. *shrug*
clarkson_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 01:48 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

I think I would have liked Dawson and Joey more if they stayed friends like Lucas and Haley on One Tree Hill. I agree, they had more of a brother and sister vibe.

I'm not going into unhealthy their relationship became again. Others have said it perfectly.
Old 07-29-2015, 07:31 AM
Elite Fan

agree. I loved Lucas and Hayley. In the first OTH episode, she says this isn't some hideous Joey loves Dawson thing when looking for his book or something

I was watching an old season 2 episode and Joey tells Dawson he's what she's going to want. She didn't even want him then

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
hshapir2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 10:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Bumping this up for the same reason.

Old 09-19-2015, 11:00 PM
Elite Fan

since you brought it back up, I want to mention one of my anti-DJ episodes in 510. Dawson acts all hypocritical about him and Jen and says those people in there don't get a say. I also like when Joey tells Pacey that the promises her and Dawson made sounds a little crazy and a part of her was relieved that she didn't have take of him and what she wanted shifted. This episode doesn't seem like much, but it all kind of makes sense in that finale

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
hshapir2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread